Jump to topic:

The End Is Nigh

dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2018 5:21:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
In case anyone has been living under a rock it has become apparent that DDO is on its last legs. Many forums are now completely swamped by spam. It won't be long before the site dies completely. Many of the old hands are talking about moving to other debate sites such as edeb8, debateisland and a new one starting up called civid.

I am more interested in the science and religion forums so I looked for a site that catered more to forums rather than debating. I found one called ReligionForums.org and have created an account there. I'm not abandoning DDO yet but just preparing for its imminent demise.

If anyone else is interested in civil discussion (trolls are not tolerated) you can join me at ReligionForums.org. See you there (or not).
Lying and/or abusive trolls on permanent ignore: ethang5, skipsaweirdo, dsjpk5, Polytheist_Witch, Studio-B, TKDB, Factseeker, graceofgod.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2018 7:14:27 AM
At 7/30/2018 5:21:42 AM, dee-em wrote:
In case anyone has been living under a rock it has become apparent that DDO is on its last legs. Many forums are now completely swamped by spam. It won't be long before the site dies completely. Many of the old hands are talking about moving to other debate sites such as edeb8, debateisland and a new one starting up called civid.

I am more interested in the science and religion forums so I looked for a site that catered more to forums rather than debating. I found one called ReligionForums.org and have created an account there. I'm not abandoning DDO yet but just preparing for its imminent demise.

If anyone else is interested in civil discussion (trolls are not tolerated) you can join me at ReligionForums.org. See you there (or not).

The basic idea is a good one, but like Keith's effort which failed because he welcomed and invited in trolls, people will doubt your effort because you're a troll.

There is no one, save our troll emeritus, who believes you can be a fair and objective moderator. If you truly want the board to have a viable alternative, do not be moderator. We are not going to move from a board infected with trolls, to a board run by trolls.

Take this good advice, or be like Keith, thinking you know everything, and watching your site rot from neglect.
Studio-B
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2018 7:26:05 AM
If anyone else is interested in civil discussion
"civil discussion"? are you kiddin' me? The day I landed here you were anything but "civil". Is all you are interested in is mocking and ridiculing Christians and Christianity. You don't join these forums to discuss civilly or otherwise. YOU like that other inbred prick bulschit, just think you are far too clever for a lowly mere christian to run rings around you. Your not clever , you are just a pair of cunts who are incapable of open honest fair debate.

You won't take on ISLAM a so called religion that is very relevant today as it was the day of it's conception. Your a fuking coward who runs away from a challenge.

FUKOFF. I for one be glad to see the back of you you ignorant backward cunt!
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2018 7:57:13 AM

The grass is always greener, isn't it?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2018 9:34:40 AM
At 7/30/2018 7:57:13 AM, Willows wrote:

This may a case of any grass is better than a barren desert. :-)

For the Ethan troll: Nowhere did I say that I had created ReligionForums.org and that I was the moderator of it. I'm a newbie there just as he would be. Reading comprehension has never been his strong point. Come to think of it, he has no strong points besides being a feral troll. LOL.

Never mind. The site has active moderation so he and the other Christian trolls wouldn't last long.
Lying and/or abusive trolls on permanent ignore: ethang5, skipsaweirdo, dsjpk5, Polytheist_Witch, Studio-B, TKDB, Factseeker, graceofgod.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2018 9:36:40 AM
This may be a case ...
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2018 9:45:43 AM
I'll check out those sites, but I'm not feeling as fatalistic as you about DDO. It's hard for me to believe it hasn't weathered worse. It's been up for like a decade now, right?
Bummed about the low activity and abandonment of DDO? You can always try us on DART: https://www.debateart.com...
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2018 10:16:57 AM
At 7/30/2018 9:45:43 AM, Casten wrote:

I'll check out those sites, but I'm not feeling as fatalistic as you about DDO. It's hard for me to believe it hasn't weathered worse. It's been up for like a decade now, right?

If anyone should know it is airmax and even he seems to have a fatalistic attitude to the site.

I could be wrong though which is why I am not disappearing just yet. (Sorry to disappoint the trolls).
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2018 11:11:34 AM
At 7/30/2018 9:34:40 AM, dee-em wrote:

For the Ethan troll: Nowhere did I say that I had created ReligionForums.org and that I was the moderator of it. I'm a newbie there just as he would be. Reading comprehension has never been his strong point. Come to think of it, he has no strong points besides being a feral troll. LOL.

Never mind. The site has active moderation so he and the other Christian trolls wouldn't last long.

I think it's about time to lighten things up a bit and bring out some more satirical, sharp-edged skits.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2018 11:57:57 AM
At 7/30/2018 9:34:40 AM, dee-em wrote:

For the Ethan troll: Nowhere did I say that I had created ReligionForums.org and that I was the moderator of it.

You posted...
I found one called ReligionForums.org and have created an account there.

That sounds like you will be mod.

I'm a newbie there just as he would be.

He who?

Reading comprehension has never been his strong point. Come to think of it, he has no strong points besides being a feral troll. LOL.

We'll see. DDO 3.0 enter stage right.....

Here is what that tells us, moron trolls like you will be running the forum. No "religion" board will succeed without theists. Even you don't want to be stuck on a board with idiots like willows and bully.

Good luck.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 5:08:05 AM
The reading comprehension issues continue. Folks, if you create an account on another debate/forum site then that automatically makes you a moderator. This is what the troll believes. LMAO.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 5:47:41 AM

The site has been abandoned by Juggle, so no essential maintenance can occur. The fact that the site can still be used is entirely credited to airmax, but eventually he won't be able to keep the forums afloat. It's a matter of time before there aren't any usable forums.
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017

Debate challenge 'Solipsism is false:' http://www.debate.org...
If God were real... http://www.debate.org...
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 6:53:56 AM
At 7/31/2018 5:47:41 AM, Smithereens wrote:

The site has been abandoned by Juggle, so no essential maintenance can occur. The fact that the site can still be used is entirely credited to airmax, but eventually he won't be able to keep the forums afloat. It's a matter of time before there aren't any usable forums.

Where are you getting this information? It may contain some truth, but some of It doesn't really make sense.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 7:04:38 AM
At 7/31/2018 5:08:05 AM, dee-em wrote:

The reading comprehension issues continue. Folks, if you create an account on another debate/forum site then that automatically makes you a moderator. This is what the troll believes. LMAO.

I'm trying to help you moron. You must make it clear to the potential members that the board would not be run by moron trolls like you or willows. Some board formats do allow the creator some moderator functions. The question is, do you want theists there or not? If there is any chance that you, PPP (prolific posting pinhead) or our troll emeritus will have any power there, theist will avoid it like joggers dodge dog poo.

Without theist, your attempt, just as with Keith, will die. All you idiots will be forced to go infect a moderated board. And none of you will last a month on a moderated board.

Theists aren't stupid. We know what you want to do.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 8:10:59 AM

This is news to me. How do you know?
Bummed about the low activity and abandonment of DDO? You can always try us on DART: https://www.debateart.com...
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 9:09:43 AM
At 7/30/2018 10:16:57 AM, dee-em wrote:

If anyone should know it is airmax and even he seems to have a fatalistic attitude to the site.

I could be wrong though which is why I am not disappearing just yet. (Sorry to disappoint the trolls).

Does he? Well sh*t. Any idea which site the most DDO regulars are switching to? I'm lazy and I'd rather follow the biggest crowd than open up a half a dozen accounts on a bunch of prospective sites.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 9:40:39 AM
At 7/31/2018 9:09:43 AM, Casten wrote:

Does he? Well sh*t. Any idea which site the most DDO regulars are switching to? I'm lazy and I'd rather follow the biggest crowd than open up a half a dozen accounts on a bunch of prospective sites.

Keith tried, and dee is now trying, but instead of just starting a neutral site, they want an effective coup, where they are in control of the board. Why would atheists start a religion board?

This is where the simple truth comes out. Atheists do not want a board with only atheists, as much as they complain about theists.

But it is true that the board is dying, even Max has intimated so. I tried to make an alternative site but found I would need to use an IP anonymizer in order to do so because I'm outside of the US, and I don't want to have to do that.

Too bad you're lazy, your attempt would succeed.
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 9:41:50 AM
At 7/31/2018 8:10:59 AM, Casten wrote:

if that is so I am tempted to restart ddo2 just as somewhere people can rendezvous if/when one day DDO suddenly nose-dives.

The problem with other sites is they all seem very tame after the strong meat of DDO, like korma when you're used to vindaloo.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 10:07:57 AM
At 7/31/2018 9:40:39 AM, ethang5 wrote:

Keith tried, and dee is now trying, but instead of just starting a neutral site, they want an effective coup, where they are in control of the board. Why would atheists start a religion board?

This is where the simple truth comes out. Atheists do not want a board with only atheists, as much as they complain about theists.

But it is true that the board is dying, even Max has intimated so. I tried to make an alternative site but found I would need to use an IP anonymizer in order to do so because I'm outside of the US, and I don't want to have to do that.

Too bad you're lazy, your attempt would succeed.

What, because I'm Glinda the Good Witch or something? Yes, everyone follow me to Oz. I am the beneficent protector of Munchkin City. Let me sprinkle you with good magic. Tap your heels three times. The power was with you all along!

Anyway I'm not talking about creating a new site, I'm talking about the existing sites that dee mentioned. Does anyone know which one's the most popular go-to for DDOers?
TKDB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 10:08:35 AM

Call child protective services?
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 10:21:51 AM
At 7/31/2018 9:41:50 AM, keithprosser wrote:
At 7/31/2018 8:10:59 AM, Casten wrote:

if that is so I am tempted to restart ddo2 just as somewhere people can rendezvous if/when one day DDO suddenly nose-dives.

The problem with other sites is they all seem very tame after the strong meat of DDO, like korma when you're used to vindaloo.

Lol. I'd almost be afraid to see the damage some of our members could do to a "tamer" site that isn't used to our... ahem. Colorfulness.

But yeah I'd be open to a rendezvous there. I feel like not many theists would show up, which would be unfortunate, as I like many of them and I'd be interested to know where they're headed.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 10:53:42 AM

It depends on your interest. If all you want is forum discussion I am happy with ReligionForums.org. At least one other DDO theist user has followed me there since I created this thread. I have made a couple of dozen posts without any problem and the atmosphere is quite civil. Blatant trolls don't last long from what I can see which is a relief.

If you want a formal debating site then the only options being bandied about are debateisland and a new one just starting up called civid for which there is a lot of enthusiasm. I created an account on debateisland some months ago but it was slow and there wasn't much activity so I abandoned it. The situation may have changed, I don't know.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 11:02:15 AM

Oh, I should also mention that ReligionForums.org has strict rules on some of their forums relating to whether it can be argued if God exists or not. On many of their forums it is not allowed. You have to assume that God exists and argue from there. It doesn't bother me greatly as that trope gets rather boring after a while. I can see myself sticking mainly to the "General Religion"and "Science and Religion" forums of the site. There are a lot of theists there and I have had some good interactions already.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 11:06:17 AM
At 7/31/2018 10:21:51 AM, Casten wrote:

Lol. I'd almost be afraid to see the damage some of our members could do to a "tamer" site that isn't used to our... ahem. Colorfulness.

They wouldn't last long on ReligionForums.org. As I have already stated they have active moderation and a firm policy on what is and is not tolerated.

But yeah I'd be open to a rendezvous there. I feel like not many theists would show up, which would be unfortunate, as I like many of them and I'd be interested to know where they're headed.

I disagree. The ReligionForums.org site should be attractive to theists since there is strong moderator presence. That is, those theists who do not troll and abuse others.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 11:12:24 AM
At 7/31/2018 10:53:42 AM, dee-em wrote:

It depends on your interest. If all you want is forum discussion I am happy with ReligionForums.org. At least one other DDO theist user has followed me there since I created this thread. I have made a couple of dozen posts without any problem and the atmosphere is quite civil. Blatant trolls don't last long from what I can see which is a relief.

If you want a formal debating site then the only options being bandied about are debateisland and a new one just starting up called civid for which there is a lot of enthusiasm. I created an account on debateisland some months ago but it was slow and there wasn't much activity so I abandoned it. The situation may have changed, I don't know.

Big thanks, man. I'm not into the formal debate, I want good forums. Checked out this ReligionForums.org. It looks a lot less active than the religion forum here on DDO. That's kind of a minus for me. Plus the site layout leaves something to be desired.

Checked out civid. Definitely looks a lot nicer, but I'm not sure what to feel about this influence points thing, since I'm usually not too hot on popularity systems. More importantly, the way it describes itself leaves me unclear on whether there will even be open informal forums on it.
TKDB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 11:13:15 AM
At 7/31/2018 11:06:17 AM, dee-em wrote:

They wouldn't last long on ReligionForums.org. As I have already stated they have active moderation and a firm policy on what is and is not tolerated.

I disagree. The ReligionForums.org site should be attractive to theists since there is strong moderator presence. That is, those theists who do not troll and abuse others.

Mr 1 Degree: Keep Trolling on religion mighty mouth.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 11:14:33 AM

I was referring to keith's suggestion of a rendezvous at his deactivated site, ddo2.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 11:14:57 AM
This is what I can live without ^^^
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 11:15:39 AM
At 7/31/2018 11:14:33 AM, Casten wrote:

I was referring to keith's suggestion of a rendezvous at his deactivated site, ddo2.

Ah, sorry. Missed that.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 11:18:52 AM
This is what I can live without ^^^^

Refers to post #26.

And that poor deluded Ethan troll who jumped to a dumb conclusion and just can't let it go. For some weird reason he thinks I have created a site rather than an account on an existing site. I guess you can't ever fix dumb.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.