Jump to topic:

Challenge To Christians

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 6:57:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
So, you want me and every other atheist who dare face reality to prove that your Imaginary friend doesn't exist?

OK then. Show me how you would prove that Zeus and Apollo don't exist and I'll use your method.
dbox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 7:28:47 AM
At 7/31/2018 6:57:56 AM, Willows wrote:
So, you want me and every other atheist who dare face reality to prove that your Imaginary friend doesn't exist?

OK then. Show me how you would prove that Zeus and Apollo don't exist and I'll use your method.

I'm a Christian, and I don't know if I would say that Zeus and Apollo did not exist. The Bible speaks about Angels who were set over nations as rulers rebelling against God and accepting worship from people, so it is very likely that these gods were based on real beings. They are however not the Almighty God, who made them.
Perfection
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 7:37:37 AM
I've met God face to face many times like Jesus says we will. God is 100% real & is watching you closely & will most likely burn you in Hell with the devils & sinners. You are a goner. Totally 100% destined to burn forever in agony.

God takes me to watch people being judged & thrown into the fiery lake. When I spoke back to God He picked me up & threw me into the fiery lake & watched me burn. He has done that twice. He tells me that all sinners & wicked people are punished after death. You are definitely one of those & will suffer tremendously. You should learn to shutup & stop offending people who are doing nothing to you
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 12:42:04 PM
At 7/31/2018 7:28:47 AM, dbox wrote:

I'm a Christian, and I don't know if I would say that Zeus and Apollo did not exist. The Bible speaks about Angels who were set over nations as rulers rebelling against God and accepting worship from people, so it is very likely that these gods were based on real beings. They are however not the Almighty God, who made them.

So, why would a God make other Gods and, who the heck made the Almighty God"?
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 12:43:47 PM
At 7/31/2018 7:37:37 AM, Perfection wrote:
I've met God face to face many times like Jesus says we will. God is 100% real & is watching you closely & will most likely burn you in Hell with the devils & sinners. You are a goner. Totally 100% destined to burn forever in agony.

God takes me to watch people being judged & thrown into the fiery lake. When I spoke back to God He picked me up & threw me into the fiery lake & watched me burn. He has done that twice. He tells me that all sinners & wicked people are punished after death. You are definitely one of those & will suffer tremendously. You should learn to shutup & stop offending people who are doing nothing to you
And you didn't address my query relating to the video, did you?
Too hard to answer, then?
Polytheist_Witch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 12:47:09 PM

Another bigot tard post. Thanks for keeping the spam at bay. Even though that is really all your topics are. Hate spam.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 1:06:11 PM
At 7/31/2018 12:47:09 PM, Polytheist_Witch wrote:

Another bigot tard post. Thanks for keeping the spam at bay. Even though that is really all your topics are. Hate spam.

Not at all.
I love to help theist understand how deluded they are.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 4:49:11 PM

Nope not at all, we want you to CONSIDER other things, and through consideration maybe a possible change in ideologies.
Why not specifically ask those who have those specific beliefs? a Creator God is a pretty reasonable option. Some of you act like it's the most absurd things you've ever heard. The funny part, is that no matter how you look at it, life as we know it existing is outrageous whether we grew from primordial soup or a conscious intelligence implemented creation. So why pretend one is less absurd than the other??
TKDB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 5:10:45 PM

Willows: Stop wasting time, and call child protective services, and provide them with your anti religious evidence and turn in the religious individuals whom you think are maybe being harmful to the religious youth?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 5:46:06 PM
At 7/31/2018 5:10:45 PM, TKDB wrote:

Willows: Stop wasting time, and call child protective services, and provide them with your anti religious evidence and turn in the religious individuals whom you think are maybe being harmful to the religious youth?

Hi troll.
Di mortuis
SecularMerlin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 8:21:56 PM
At 7/31/2018 4:49:11 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Nope not at all, we want you to CONSIDER other things, and through consideration maybe a possible change in ideologies.
Why not specifically ask those who have those specific beliefs? a Creator God is a pretty reasonable option. Some of you act like it's the most absurd things you've ever heard. The funny part, is that no matter how you look at it, life as we know it existing is outrageous whether we grew from primordial soup or a conscious intelligence implemented creation. So why pretend one is less absurd than the other??

In a case where more than one possibility exists but all possibilities seem absurd/unlikely and none are backed by sufficient evidence how do we differentiate between them? How do we determine which if any of these possibilities are factual?
The only true wisdom lies in knowing that you know nothing.
-Socrates

Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality
-Lewis Carrol
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2018 9:31:58 PM

I have no reason to prove that Zeus doesn"t exist. He may exist. But if he exists, it doesn"t really matter. I wouldn"t keep him as my God anyway, even if he would exist.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 6:56:17 AM
At 7/31/2018 4:49:11 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Why not specifically ask those who have those specific beliefs? ......
Because, I asked what I did...if you want to ask such questions, why not make your own thread.

Q: Now, are you going to stop deliberately contriving diversions and answer the thread?
A: I thought not.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 7:01:55 AM
At 7/31/2018 9:31:58 PM, 12_13 wrote:

I have no reason to prove that Zeus doesn"t exist.........
And I have no reason, nor onus to prove that whatever imaginary friend you choose, exists.
Amen.
dbox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 3:08:19 PM
At 7/31/2018 12:42:04 PM, Willows wrote:

---------------------------------

The Hebrew term we translate God or god is 'elohyim'. This term does not denote levels of authority, but rather it indicates a beings nature as a spirit that is not part of this physical world. So the Almighty God (uncreated, eternally existent) created other spirit beings (gods) who by nature are elohyim like Him insofar as they are spirit. Beyond that, the similarities stop. He created them because He saw their existence and role in this universe as necessary, it is hard to say much more as to "why". That is too broad a question considering the topic.
dbox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 3:14:19 PM
At 8/1/2018 3:08:19 PM, dbox wrote:

The Hebrew term we translate God or god is 'elohyim'. This term does not denote levels of authority, but rather it indicates a beings nature as a spirit that is not part of this physical world. So the Almighty God (uncreated, eternally existent) created other spirit beings (gods) who by nature are elohyim like Him insofar as they are spirit. Beyond that, the similarities stop. He created them because He saw their existence and role in this universe as necessary, it is hard to say much more as to "why". That is too broad a question considering the topic.

*Initially I said Angels, but the term for the beings set over the Nations is Sons of God, which are elohyim by nature.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 6:53:43 PM
At 8/1/2018 7:02:50 AM, Willows wrote:
.....or rather......does NOT exist.

That is nice, also it would be impossible for you, so good to use your strength for something else.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2018 12:44:07 AM

You are missing, or avoiding the substance of the thread.
"Show me how you would prove that Zeus and Apollo don't exist......"

I am talking specifically about theists (particularly monotheists) who believe that his or her God is exclusive and that any other God is false.
So, how would you disprove the existence of any other God (not within your collection of Gods) claimed by other worshippers?
dbox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2018 2:51:56 AM
At 8/2/2018 12:44:07 AM, Willows wrote:

I am talking specifically about theists (particularly monotheists) who believe that his or her God is exclusive and that any other God is false.
So, how would you disprove the existence of any other God (not within your collection of Gods) claimed by other worshippers?

I thought I answered the question. I said I would not try to prove they don't exist, as there is good reason to believe that they do exist, or are at least based on real beings.

Outside of that however, your question is built on the false premise that it is possible to prove non-existence (Unless you ask me to prove there is not water in a glass etc, but this is a far cry from that) . Outside of being omniscient or omnipresent, it is not possible know, much less prove something does not exist.
dbox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 11:33:38 AM
At 8/2/2018 2:51:56 AM, dbox wrote:

I thought I answered the question. I said I would not try to prove they don't exist, as there is good reason to believe that they do exist, or are at least based on real beings.

Outside of that however, your question is built on the false premise that it is possible to prove non-existence (Unless you ask me to prove there is not water in a glass etc, but this is a far cry from that) . Outside of being omniscient or omnipresent, it is not possible know, much less prove something does not exist.

*A quick addition, by way of analogy, not direct correlation of course, bank tellers train to learn the look and feel of real money, so when they encounter fake money it is obvious. Truth by nature is singular and exclusive, that is it excludes anything that is not itself. If I know that the God of the Bible is True and Almighty, I do not have to spend inordinate amounts of time disproving either the existence or the superiority the hundreds of thousands of other purported deities in the world. How I handle one on one interactions with people concerning this is contingent on the circumstances surrounding the conversation.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 12:52:08 PM
At 8/3/2018 11:33:38 AM, dbox wrote:

*A quick addition, by way of analogy, not direct correlation of course, bank tellers train to learn the look and feel of real money, so when they encounter fake money it is obvious. Truth by nature is singular and exclusive, that is it excludes anything that is not itself. If I know that the God of the Bible is True and Almighty, I do not have to spend inordinate amounts of time disproving either the existence or the superiority the hundreds of thousands of other purported deities in the world. How I handle one on one interactions with people concerning this is contingent on the circumstances surrounding the conversation.

Well, there you have come back to what I intended the essence of the thread to be.
You just said, "(If) I know that the God of the Bible is True and Almighty....." and that is what all worshipers say...."Allah is the true God", "Zeus is the true God", "Waheguru is the true God"........etc.........do you want me to list 3000 of them?

Even within each religion, there are denominations which claim theirs to be the only path to that particular God.

So, just to say "I believe" to me, is a very hollow and meaningless statement especially since that is what all followers will say.
But you just happen to have the right God, do you?
dbox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2018 12:23:38 AM
At 8/3/2018 12:52:08 PM, Willows wrote:

Well, there you have come back to what I intended the essence of the thread to be.
You just said, "(If) I know that the God of the Bible is True and Almighty....." and that is what all worshipers say...."Allah is the true God", "Zeus is the true God", "Waheguru is the true God"........etc.........do you want me to list 3000 of them?

Forgive me, did you want the thread to be about how one goes about disproving the existence of other gods, or ones justification of belief in their God (god)

Even within each religion, there are denominations which claim theirs to be the only path to that particular God.

True.

So, just to say "I believe" to me, is a very hollow and meaningless statement especially since that is what all followers will say.

You are saying that to say "I believe" is shallow in what sense? As a response to a question?

Yes, I serve the right God.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2018 11:28:09 AM
At 8/4/2018 12:23:38 AM, dbox wrote:

Forgive me, did you want the thread to be about how one goes about disproving the existence of other gods, or ones justification of belief in their God (god)

True.

You are saying that to say "I believe" is shallow in what sense? As a response to a question?

The odds are against you and there are more God worshipers than in your religion and what they say is that you lot are a bunch of tossers following a false God and the lot of you will go to hell. In other words, despite what you think, you got it wrong and I bet if you were born in India you would be on your knees praying to Shiva.
And you would be telling me the same thing here....Shiva is the only God.
dbox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2018 3:04:00 PM
At 8/4/2018 11:28:09 AM, Willows wrote:

True.

The odds are against you and there are more God worshipers than in your religion and what they say is that you lot are a bunch of tossers following a false God and the lot of you will go to hell.

How do you know the odds? And how do you know they are against me.

In other words, despite what you think, you got it wrong and I bet if you were born in India you would be on your knees praying to Shiva.

So because other people disagree with me, that means I got it wrong? And I'm not sure how you could know what I would be saying if I lived in India. And just because the Indian me says something doesn't mean the American me is wrong, or even that the Indian me is right, so I'm not sure why that was even mentioned.

Is there a flasifiable claim or argument in the near future?
dbox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2018 3:04:18 PM

True.

The odds are against you and there are more God worshipers than in your religion and what they say is that you lot are a bunch of tossers following a false God and the lot of you will go to hell.

In other words, despite what you think, you got it wrong and I bet if you were born in India you would be on your knees praying to Shiva.

So because other people disagree with me, that means I got it wrong? And I'm not sure how you could know what I would be saying if I lived in India. And just because the Indian me says something doesn't mean the American me is wrong, or even that the Indian me is right, so I'm not sure why that was even mentioned.

Is there a falsifiable claim or argument in the near future?
TKDB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2018 3:13:47 PM

Willows: I don't want you do anything in regards to your anti Jesus, God, or Bible?

Your attitude or opinion towards God, Jesus, or the Bible, I find to be questionable?

If you can share how a religious kid maybe upset your anti Jesus attitude, share it with the Religion section?

If you can share how a religious parent/s maybe upset your anti Jesus attitude, share it with the Religion section?

Go ahead?

Where's your reality in regards to those questions?
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2018 12:01:12 AM
At 8/4/2018 3:04:00 PM, dbox wrote:

True.

I know the odds through simple math and I have already clearly explained that to you.
Are you either:
simple-minded, naive and stupid?
deluded?
argumentative for the sake of it?
thick?

Or all of the above?
TKDB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2018 12:08:24 AM
Willows:

Willows: I don't want you do anything in regards to your anti Jesus, God, or Bible?

Your attitude or opinion towards God, Jesus, or the Bible, I find to be questionable?

If you can share how a religious kid maybe upset your anti Jesus attitude, share it with the Religion section?

If you can share how a religious parent/s maybe upset your anti Jesus attitude, share it with the Religion section?

Go ahead?

Where's your reality in regards to those questions?

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.