Jump to topic:

Hey, anti religious individuals,

TKDB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 3:59:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why do you chronically or obsessively hound Religion in the Religion section of this website?

desmac, bulproof, dee-em, Willows, 21stCenturyIconoclast, Goldtop, and whoever else of the anti religious opinion and attitude oriented, care to respond?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 4:30:32 PM
At 8/1/2018 3:59:37 PM, TKDB wrote:
Why do you chronically or obsessively hound Religion in the Religion section of this website?

desmac, bulproof, dee-em, Willows, 21stCenturyIconoclast, Goldtop, and whoever else of the anti religious opinion and attitude oriented, care to respond?

It seems you have an obsession with "anti-religious individuals". Perhaps, you should be asking yourself why the participation of those with opposing views (on a debate site no less) bother you so...
Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects.
TKDB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 5:14:58 PM
At 8/1/2018 4:30:32 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

It seems you have an obsession with "anti-religious individuals". Perhaps, you should be asking yourself why the participation of those with opposing views (on a debate site no less) bother you so...

Skepticalone: And how many anti religious forum's do you have to your name?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 5:52:39 PM
At 8/1/2018 5:14:58 PM, TKDB wrote:

None. You?
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 7:25:11 PM

But, why are you anti-religious? why are you against the knowledge and experiences of spirituality/religion? can you answer that question without invoking human errors and behaviors that have nothing to do with defining that term??
Religion being-
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
The belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers, regarded as creating and governing the universe

Why would you ever be "anti" that above?

I can understand how you can be anti human behaviors but not anti worldviews that seems entirely unnecessary.
TKDB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 8:35:14 PM
At 8/1/2018 5:40:10 PM, desmac wrote:
Should atheists not be allowed free speech on a debate site?

desmac: You treat free speech, like a drunk driver treats the drunk driving laws?
TKDB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 8:41:27 PM
At 8/1/2018 5:52:39 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

None. You?

Sure I have, in opposition to the anti religious forum's that use Religion the gain attention for the various anti religious individuals?

What did Religion do to any of the anti religious individuals personally that it deserved to have the anti religious hound God, Jesus, or the Bible like they do?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 11:43:46 PM
At 8/1/2018 8:41:27 PM, TKDB wrote:

None. You?

Sure I have, in opposition to the anti religious forum's that use Religion the gain attention for the various anti religious individuals?

Out of curiosity, how are you defining "anti-religious" individuals? Is it someone who rejects religious claims, rejects religious claims of a particular religion, or is it actually someone who is against all religion? I ask because I generally reject religious claims (especially Abrahamic religions), but I dont consider myself "anti-religion". In other words, I think common religious claims are completely and utterly false and/or nonsensical, but I also think people have the right to think for themselves.

What did Religion do to any of the anti religious individuals personally that it deserved to have the anti religious hound God, Jesus, or the Bible like they do?

Much harm has been done in the name of religion. There's no denying that. A holy book so vague that it would allow such things deserves criticism along with the god(s) said to inspire it.
TKDB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2018 12:21:21 AM
At 8/1/2018 11:43:46 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

None. You?

Out of curiosity, how are you defining "anti-religious" individuals? Is it someone who rejects religious claims, rejects religious claims of a particular religion, or is it actually someone who is against all religion? I ask because I generally reject religious claims (especially Abrahamic religions), but I dont consider myself "anti-religion". In other words, I think common religious claims are completely and utterly false and/or nonsensical, but I also think people have the right to think for themselves.

Much harm has been done in the name of religion. There's no denying that. A holy book so vague that it would allow such things deserves criticism along with the god(s) said to inspire it.

Citizens kill citizens everyday.

Are you going to call the offenders out for a peaceful societies sake, and protest the offenders who kill innocent people each day?

Are you going to call out the vagueries of why the offenders commit their crimes?

Or just focus on Religion?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2018 1:56:17 AM
At 8/2/2018 12:21:21 AM, TKDB wrote:

None. You?

Out of curiosity, how are you defining "anti-religious" individuals? Is it someone who rejects religious claims, rejects religious claims of a particular religion, or is it actually someone who is against all religion?

No response?

I ask because I generally reject religious claims (especially Abrahamic religions), but I dont consider myself "anti-religion". In other words, I think common religious claims are completely and utterly false and/or nonsensical, but I also think people have the right to think for themselves.

Yep.

Are you going to call the offenders out for a peaceful societies sake, and protest the offenders who kill innocent people each day?

We already have a generally agreed upon method for dealing with criminals - there's no need to protest. Also, criticism (which I explicitly referred to) and protestation (which you brought up) are two different things.

Are you going to call out the vagueries of why the offenders commit their crimes?

I have no idea what you mean by this.

Given that this is the religious forum, focusing on religion is to be expected.
WisdomOfAges
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2018 2:30:03 AM
RELIGION ? more like DOG pound cage for HUMANS...

YOU obviously support the MURDER of people who do not accept the middle East Jesus or Allah GOD inventions....

...the Christian says...convert or DIE
...The Muslim says ....convert or DIE

So...how can there be a Religion when everyone is MURDERED for accepting the WRONG GOD ?

Religion ? so what go drown in the GOD and Comic Book garbage...but MURDER those who laugh or could care less about the insanity of it all....NO that is MURDER not
so called Religion....so go DIE over your idiot GOD...so the rest of humanity can live without the CONCENTRATION CAMP DOGMA...
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2018 4:22:15 AM
At 8/1/2018 8:35:14 PM, TKDB wrote:

desmac: You treat free speech, like a drunk driver treats the drunk driving laws?

You think free speech is as dangerous as drunk driving?
Di mortuis
TKDB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2018 7:20:10 AM
At 8/2/2018 1:56:17 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

None. You?

Out of curiosity, how are you defining "anti-religious" individuals? Is it someone who rejects religious claims, rejects religious claims of a particular religion, or is it actually someone who is against all religion?

No response?

I ask because I generally reject religious claims (especially Abrahamic religions), but I dont consider myself "anti-religion". In other words, I think common religious claims are completely and utterly false and/or nonsensical, but I also think people have the right to think for themselves.

Yep.

We already have a generally agreed upon method for dealing with criminals - there's no need to protest. Also, criticism (which I explicitly referred to) and protestation (which you brought up) are two different things.

The anti religious, you blame Religion for what some people do in the name of Religion?

So the individuals who trouble themselves and society, can't be held responsible for their own troubling deeds, if they do something under the "guise of using Religion for their self benefit," it's the fault of religion, and not a fault of their own?

A hypothetical comparison: Blaming the car manufactures for a drunk driver, driving a vehicle that they built, and then when the drunk driver broke the drunk driving laws, and hurt innocent people by causing an accident?

Would you blame the alcoholic, or the car manufacturer, for the drunk drivers choices?
TKDB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2018 7:21:51 AM
At 8/2/2018 4:22:15 AM, desmac wrote:

desmac: With the way you treat free speech, yes.

Because you needed a clarification?
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2018 7:25:51 AM
At 8/2/2018 7:20:10 AM, TKDB wrote:
Would you blame the alcoholic, or the car manufacturer, for the drunk drivers choices?

Maybe I'd blame whoever created the driver - clearly it was a shoddy piece of work unsuitable for use controlling a car.
TKDB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2018 7:58:20 AM
At 8/2/2018 7:25:51 AM, keithprosser wrote:

Maybe I'd blame whoever created the driver - clearly it was a shoddy piece of work unsuitable for use controlling a car.

Wow, that's quite a quotation?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2018 9:11:26 AM
At 8/2/2018 7:21:51 AM, TKDB wrote:

There are, roughly, laws against drunk driving. Would you apply laws against free speech?
Di mortuis
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2018 9:13:20 AM
At 8/2/2018 9:11:26 AM, desmac wrote:

There are, roughly, laws against drunk driving. Would you apply laws against free speech?

*Roughly should read rightly.
Di mortuis
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2018 10:02:04 AM

because they are sick of people forcing religion down their throats, which is laughable as coming here can surely only magnify that..lol

the real reason is misery loves company..lol
TKDB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2018 10:08:07 AM
At 8/2/2018 9:13:20 AM, desmac wrote:

Desmac: You treat free speech, like a drunk driver treats the drunk driving law, you abuse free speech because of your anti religious opinion and attitude?

Sp keep playing mind games, you attention seeker.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2018 12:14:11 PM
At 8/2/2018 10:08:07 AM, TKDB wrote:

Desmac: You treat free speech, like a drunk driver treats the drunk driving law, you abuse free speech because of your anti religious opinion and attitude?

Care to give a single example of how my use of free speech breaks any law, or endangers any life?
Di mortuis
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2018 3:05:21 PM
At 8/2/2018 1:56:17 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

None. You?

No response?

Yep.

The anti religious, you blame Religion for what some people do in the name of Religion?

I dont blame religion for human failings, but given that some religions claim inspiration from a perfect being while doing things that are abhorrent, it's pretty clear the god they worship isnt benevolent, isnt all powerful, or doesnt exist.

So the individuals who trouble themselves and society, can't be held responsible for their own troubling deeds, if they do something under the "guise of using Religion for their self benefit," it's the fault of religion, and not a fault of their own?

On this we agree, but I cannot understand why you would defend their broken idealogy. Obviously, the religious beliefs of these individuals is, at the very least, questionable.

A hypothetical comparison: Blaming the car manufactures for a drunk driver, driving a vehicle that they built, and then when the drunk driver broke the drunk driving laws, and hurt innocent people by causing an accident?

I dont think you'll ever find a drunk driver claiming since he was in a Chevrolet his actions were justified. Also, if we extend your analogy, "God" would be alcohol. You might find drunks blaming alcohol for their actions and evildoers god, but neither is justified.

No, and I dont accept these nor "it was the booze" or "it is the will of god" as justifications.
TKDB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2018 7:45:49 PM
At 8/2/2018 12:14:11 PM, desmac wrote:

Care to give a single example of how my use of free speech breaks any law, or endangers any life?

Are you hiding behind the freedom of speech with that question from you?

Is your treatment of the freedom of speech bettering the lives of the religious parents?

Via how you treat your freedom of speech?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 4:49:38 AM
At 8/2/2018 7:45:49 PM, TKDB wrote:

Is your treatment of the freedom of speech bettering the lives of the religious parents?

As I suspected, you are unable to give an example of my use of freedom of speech breaking aany law, or harming anyone. Yet you still wish to take it away from me.
Di mortuis
TKDB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 6:45:02 AM
At 8/3/2018 4:49:38 AM, desmac wrote:

As I suspected, you are unable to give an example of my use of freedom of speech breaking aany law, or harming anyone.

"Yet you still wish to take it away from me."

Look at you, you're trying to put words in my mouth with that mess of words?

Lady, how you treat your freedom of speech, is a reflection on you, isn't it?

You're used to how you treat your freedom of speech, your anti religious opinion and attitude dictate how your treat your freedom of speech, do they not?

This is a deflection from you, "Yet you still wish to take it away from me."

You get to live with how you treat your freedom of speech, therefore your treatment of it is on you.

You're the one taking away from your freedom of speech, not me?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 9:10:48 AM
At 8/3/2018 6:45:02 AM, TKDB wrote:

As I suspected, you are unable to give an example of my use of freedom of speech breaking aany law, or harming anyone.

You're used to how you treat your freedom of speech, your anti religious opinion and attitude dictate how your treat your freedom of speech, do they not?

You get to live with how you treat your freedom of speech, therefore your treatment of it is on you.

I assume that you realise that this is a debate site. I am at perfect liberty to express my opinions on the forums here. If you wish to produce counter arguments please do so
Till then if what I say offends you, good.
Di mortuis
TKDB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 10:15:27 AM
At 8/3/2018 9:10:48 AM, desmac wrote:

I assume that you realise that this is a debate site. I am at perfect liberty to express my opinions on the forums here. If you wish to produce counter arguments please do so

You aren't debating, you're abusing your freedom of speech.

You're using Religion to push your anti religious opinion and attitude.

As I said before, your anti religious opinion and attitude dictate how you abuse your individual use of your freedom of speech, you're being offensive to yourself.

And apparently, you're fine with offending yourself.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 12:12:42 PM
At 8/3/2018 10:15:27 AM, TKDB wrote:

As I said before, your anti religious opinion and attitude dictate how you abuse your individual use of your freedom of speech, you're being offensive to yourself.

How am I abusing freedom of speech?
Di mortuis
TKDB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 12:26:45 PM
At 8/3/2018 12:12:42 PM, desmac wrote:
At 8/3/2018 10:15:27 AM, TKDB wrote:

How am I abusing freedom of speech?

I'm not pandering to your question, because you like to deflect and redirect, or in other words, you like to play mind games?

Right, you non debating, "anti religious opinion and attitude pusher?"

Isn't that the truth?

You let your anti religious opinion and attitude dictate how you treat your freedom of speech?

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.