Jump to topic:

Atheist To Become Preacher

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 9:34:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It seems now that atheists can become preachers according to a challenge currently being considered by the Australian Human Rights Commission.
https://www.theguardian.com..."The requirement for military chaplains to belong to a recognised religious denomination is discriminatory, according to a complaint to the Australian Human Rights Commission brought by a humanist chaplain."

The news comes hot on the heels of the resignation this week of the Archbishop of Adelaide, Phillip Wilson following his conviction of concealing child sex abuse.
http://www.abc.net.au...
So, given that atheists may well be entitled to become preachers, who would be worthy of filling the vacant position of Archbishop in my home city? (hint, hint)

Yes, it certainly has a ring to it, don't you think?........"Archbishop Willows".

It makes sense....I live not far from the Archdiocese so it would only be a short drive to work for the limo and motorcade.

And, of course, I would implement some sweeping reforms.

To start, I would rip out the old pipe organ and install the bitchingest Marshall amplifier stack. Those stained glass windows will become shards lying in the car park after catching a riff from my custom Stratocaster.

And all that nancy-schmancy cherry coolaide and bread wafers for communion will go in the dumpster. Only the finest local produce will do, so I will order a pallet of vintage Hermitage Grange wine and artisan-baked wood oven bread with some pheasant liver pate.

Head office has billions in its coffers so it wouldn't even flinch when I send them my six figured monthly expenses account. The new stand-in financial director at the Vatican (replacing another fine Australian, Archbishop Pell while he faces child sex charges) probably wouldn't notice anyway.

So, that's my pitch for the position.
Do I hear anybody second the motion?
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 9:46:29 AM
Noooooo pipe organs are awesome! They're like... the heart of the church. Pumping music through its walls like living blood through arteries. They're works of art, Wills!
Bummed about the low activity and abandonment of DDO? You can always try us on DART: https://www.debateart.com...
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 12:25:34 PM
At 8/3/2018 12:16:09 PM, Polytheist_Witch wrote:
Post like this show what jealousy you have for theists. Sick puppy.

I am very jealous of their huge fortunes.
Di mortuis
Ravensjt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 12:47:32 PM
Matthew 7:15

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves

How ironic of you to confirm Biblical Scriptures
Polytheist_Witch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 1:27:24 PM
At 8/3/2018 12:25:34 PM, desmac wrote:

I am very jealous of their huge fortunes.

Yes we are all rich. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Stronn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 4:28:19 PM
At 8/3/2018 9:34:40 AM, Willows wrote:
It seems now that atheists can become preachers according to a challenge currently being considered by the Australian Human Rights Commission.
https://www.theguardian.com..."The requirement for military chaplains to belong to a recognised religious denomination is discriminatory, according to a complaint to the Australian Human Rights Commission brought by a humanist chaplain."

The news comes hot on the heels of the resignation this week of the Archbishop of Adelaide, Phillip Wilson following his conviction of concealing child sex abuse.
So, given that atheists may well be entitled to become preachers, who would be worthy of filling the vacant position of Archbishop in my home city? (hint, hint)

Yes, it certainly has a ring to it, don't you think?........"Archbishop Willows".

It makes sense....I live not far from the Archdiocese so it would only be a short drive to work for the limo and motorcade.

To start, I would rip out the old pipe organ and install the bitchingest Marshall amplifier stack. Those stained glass windows will become shards lying in the car park after catching a riff from my custom Stratocaster.

And all that nancy-schmancy cherry coolaide and bread wafers for communion will go in the dumpster. Only the finest local produce will do, so I will order a pallet of vintage Hermitage Grange wine and artisan-baked wood oven bread with some pheasant liver pate.

Head office has billions in its coffers so it wouldn't even flinch when I send them my six figured monthly expenses account. The new stand-in financial director at the Vatican (replacing another fine Australian, Archbishop Pell while he faces child sex charges) probably wouldn't notice anyway.

A military chaplain isn't exactly a preacher.

Still, it seems like the only reason an atheist would want to become one is to prove a point.
21stCenturyIconoclast
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 4:41:16 PM

Why are we not surprised that Polywantacracker plays the "circular reasoning game" once again?! No jealousy whatsoever, only feeling sorry for the fools that line up on Sunday mornings that fill the plate offerings to help pay for the lawsuits regarding their PEDOPHILE PRIESTS! LOL

Run along Poly.......

Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 4:47:54 PM
At 8/3/2018 12:47:32 PM, Ravensjt wrote:

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves

RAVENSIT,

You are correct, in that the sheep's clothing was the attire of PEDOPHILE PRIESTS that turned into wolves to BUGGER innocent children, and where the church hid these atrocities for decades! Quite an in house irony, wasn't it?

Who wants to be a Catholic that supports PEDOPHILE PRIESTS, raise your hands!

Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 5:16:33 PM

WILLOWS,

What a great opportunity to SCARE the bejesus out of the Kool Aid drinkers, by actually reading from ALL OF THE BIBLE, instead of the cherry-picked passages the pedophile priests read from! The clan cannot deny those horrific and disgusting narratives that explicitly show their Jesus is a serial killer because they reside within their primitive Douay Rheims bible.

In true to form fashion, I can help pass the plate not once, but THREE TIMES to collect the unreportable cash money needed for your enjoyment, where you will save the middle man at the Vatican, and just keep all of it in house.

I can be outside as the Catholic faithful run from the pews as you bring forth scripture that they've never heard before, like Jesus being an abortionist killer, and shout to them, "Why are you running away, those narratives are the true inspired word of your god Jesus within your bible!" lol

You would set a first, not only in reading from ALL OF THE BIBLE, but you would promise that your clergy will ever BUGGER innocent children anymore, where that alone should make the parents sleep well! ... In turn, you would have a boy's choir that wouldn't all be falsetto voices for a change!

Yes, Archbishop Willows has a nice ring to it, where the truth will finally be revealed, praise!

Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 5:28:36 PM
At 8/3/2018 4:41:16 PM, 21stCenturyIconoclast wrote:

Why are we not surprised that Polywantacracker plays the "circular reasoning game" once again?! No jealousy whatsoever, only feeling sorry for the fools that line up on Sunday mornings that fill the plate offerings to help pay for the lawsuits regarding their PEDOPHILE PRIESTS! LOL

Run along Poly.......

No one cares lying tard sock puppet.
Ravensjt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 5:49:27 PM
At 8/3/2018 4:47:54 PM, 21stCenturyIconoclast wrote:
At 8/3/2018 12:47:32 PM, Ravensjt wrote:

RAVENSIT,

You are correct, in that the sheep's clothing was the attire of PEDOPHILE PRIESTS that turned into wolves to BUGGER innocent children, and where the church hid these atrocities for decades! Quite an in house irony, wasn't it?

Who wants to be a Catholic that supports PEDOPHILE PRIESTS, raise your hands!

You are definitely correct
21stCenturyIconoclast
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 5:56:27 PM
At 8/3/2018 5:28:36 PM, Polytheist_Witch wrote:

Run along Poly.......

Polywantacracker,

No one cares?! Therefore, you are saying that the alumni here on DDO is used to your pathetic circular reasoning! Priceless admittance! LOL

Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 6:06:42 PM
At 8/3/2018 5:56:27 PM, 21stCenturyIconoclast wrote:

Run along Poly.......

Polywantacracker,

No one cares?! Therefore, you are saying that the alumni here on DDO is used to your pathetic circular reasoning! Priceless admittance! LOL

Poor tard
21stCenturyIconoclast
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 6:50:35 PM
At 8/3/2018 6:06:42 PM, Polytheist_Witch wrote:

Run along Poly.......

Polywantacracker,

Poor tard

Polywantacracker,

Shhhh, you have to be tired of removing one foot to insert the other all the time, take a needed break to save any further embarrassment at this time.

Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 6:51:50 PM
At 8/3/2018 6:50:35 PM, 21stCenturyIconoclast wrote:

Run along Poly.......

Polywantacracker,

Poor tard

Polywantacracker,

Shhhh, you have to be tired of removing one foot to insert the other all the time, take a needed break to save any further embarrassment at this time.

Log on the other account and post an insult prick idiot.
21stCenturyIconoclast
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 7:05:27 PM
At 8/3/2018 6:51:50 PM, Polytheist_Witch wrote:

Run along Poly.......

Polywantacracker,

Poor tard

Polywantacracker,

Polywantacracker,

Ahhhh, I see that my truthful statements are making you embarrassed again, and your type have to use the ruse of others being sock puppets to somehow negate your laughable positions on this forum, of which only makes them bigger, LOL

I am going to throw you a very needed bone, okay? Therefore, you post again to this post to take the "last word" in this discussion, okay? ... I will not respond, therefore giving you a "perceived" victory! LOL!!!

Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 7:08:18 PM
At 8/3/2018 7:05:27 PM, 21stCenturyIconoclast wrote:
At 8/3/2018 6:51:50 PM, Polytheist_Witch wrote:

Run along Poly.......

Polywantacracker,

Poor tard

Polywantacracker,

Polywantacracker,

Ahhhh, I see that my truthful statements are making you embarrassed again, and your type have to use the ruse of others being sock puppets to somehow negate your laughable positions on this forum, of which only makes them bigger, LOL

I am going to throw you a very needed bone, okay? Therefore, you post again to this post to take the "last word" in this discussion, okay? ... I will not respond, therefore giving you a "perceived" victory! LOL!!!

Poor tard.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2018 11:35:30 AM
At 8/3/2018 5:16:33 PM, 21stCenturyIconoclast wrote:

WILLOWS,

What a great opportunity to SCARE the bejesus out of the Kool Aid drinkers, by actually reading from ALL OF THE BIBLE, instead of the cherry-picked passages the pedophile priests read from! The clan cannot deny those horrific and disgusting narratives that explicitly show their Jesus is a serial killer because they reside within their primitive Douay Rheims bible.

In true to form fashion, I can help pass the plate not once, but THREE TIMES to collect the unreportable cash money needed for your enjoyment, where you will save the middle man at the Vatican, and just keep all of it in house.

I can be outside as the Catholic faithful run from the pews as you bring forth scripture that they've never heard before, like Jesus being an abortionist killer, and shout to them, "Why are you running away, those narratives are the true inspired word of your god Jesus within your bible!" lol

You would set a first, not only in reading from ALL OF THE BIBLE, but you would promise that your clergy will ever BUGGER innocent children anymore, where that alone should make the parents sleep well! ... In turn, you would have a boy's choir that wouldn't all be falsetto voices for a change!

Yes, Archbishop Willows has a nice ring to it, where the truth will finally be revealed, praise!

Of course, I would still be reading from the Bible......."Hey, you lot. Did you hear the one about this guy called Lot? Well, like....ha,ha,ha ha.....let me just regain my composure.....Right then, so these angels come knocking on the door one day and........."
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2018 11:39:17 AM

Well, I wouldn't forget you and would make you one of my Nuns.
You could come and confess all your sins in complete confidence in the confessional every day, howzabout that then?
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2018 11:41:01 AM
At 8/3/2018 4:28:19 PM, Stronn wrote:

A military chaplain isn't exactly a preacher.

Still, it seems like the only reason an atheist would want to become one is to prove a point.

You bet.
And I would be proving a point or two, no doubt about that.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.