Jump to topic:

God can't be both omnipotent and omniscient

BertrandsTeapot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2018 7:47:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If god were omniscient, He would be able to use the state of the universe at any given time to predict the state at any future time. However, If he were omnipotent, He could change that future in which case his prediction was wrong and he would not be omniscient. If he was unable to change the future, He would not be omnipotent.

Another way to put this would be to say that, If God were truly omniscient, He would already know how we was going to alter the course of events in the future using his omnipotence. However, This means that he can't change *that* change, Which means he isn't omnipotent.
Xiutecuhtli
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2018 4:14:13 AM
If God is technically omnipotent, That is, Able to do absolutely anything when he desires, He can decide to become omniscient. Given an eternal amount of time, God is probabilistically guaranteed to do so, And he would never decide to be unintelligent after that. At that point, He would likely make himself always have been omniscient, Because a technically omnipotent being would be capable of that action as well. In summary, Omniscience would be NECESSARY, Given omnipotence.
Everything is 50% true and 50% false at all times.
These statements are, too.
Xiutecuhtli
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2018 4:15:44 AM
If God is technically omnipotent, That means he can create a rock that he does not have the power to lift, And that also means he can lift such a rock.
A technically omnipotent being would transcend laws of physics and logic, And would therefore not be disprovable by the use of paradoxes.
Xiutecuhtli
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2018 4:20:20 AM
An omniscient being would be aware in advance of the desirable course of action to take in response to all sets of circumstances he will encounter.
An omniscient being would therefore know his future course and agree with it, Not choosing to exercise omnipotence to break prophecies.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2018 8:00:11 PM
Xiutecuhtli wrote:
If God is technically omnipotent, That means he can create a rock that he does not have the power to lift, And that also means he can lift such a rock.
A technically omnipotent being would transcend laws of physics and logic, And would therefore not be disprovable by the use of paradoxes.

John 1:KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, And the Word was with God, And the Word was God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, And dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, The glory as of the only begotten of the Father, ) full of grace and truth.

We know how that ended. The Romans crucified Jesus. With one stroke they proved God was neither omnipotent or omniscient.
WisdomOfAges
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 10:32:41 PM
SO WHAT. . . . . . GOD? Which GOD. . . ZEUS? . . . . . ODIN? . . . . ALLAH? . . . . . . . JESUS DADDY?

GOD is a human construct without clear definition. . . It is a TOOL humans use to deliberately confuse and exploit ignorant humans into submission and slavery by world class psychopath mind and life molesters cloaked behind some idiotic CHURCH or MOSQUE facade. . . . Specifically the Middle East GOD inventions = JESUS and ALLAH

these two GODS are the ones that have been trending for assimilation and sheeple hypnosis psychosis conditioning. . . For several hundred years. . . ++

Sadly GOD? Jesus and Allah are used to exploit humans and enslave not enlighten
both GODS are promoted as the GOD of all GODS and are scapegoated by psychopaths who use FEAR-INTIMIDATION-VIOLENCE to subdue the VICTIM. . . .

They are presented as the ALL IN ONE BEING/ENTITY without need to question it's authenticity. . . JUST CONVERT and OBEY or SUFFER in life and after in DEATH. . .

RETARDED. . . .

POINT = Jesus and Allah must be relegated to Mythology along with Zeus and Odin
which are no longer needed by HUMANS. . . Proving the GOD construct is indeed a human endeavor. . . FLUSH the GODS down a toilet. . . .
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 10:35:11 PM
Leaning wrote:
I disagree with post #5.

You must be scripturally ignorant. Maybe a picture of how it ended will serve you better.

https://bhgministries. Files. Wordpress. Com/2017/04/image6. Png
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 10:38:46 PM
Pretty unread for the bibles yah, Just so many words I don't really care about. Though seeing people behave in a way I really dislike really pushes me to want to read it and see it's positives. I mean f***, I should know better, But I come back to religious sections now and then anyway. And then have to read the polar opposite of bible thumping theists, Atheists with hate b****ers for religion. Equally annoying. And again, Just drives me and I hope others in the opposite direction of your goal.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 10:57:26 PM
Leaning wrote:
Pretty unread for the bibles yah, Just so many words I don't really care about. Though seeing people behave in a way I really dislike really pushes me to want to read it and see it's positives. I mean f***, I should know better, But I come back to religious sections now and then anyway. And then have to read the polar opposite of bible thumping theists, Atheists with hate b****ers for religion. Equally annoying. And again, Just drives me and I hope others in the opposite direction of your goal.

Not reading scriptures is basically ignoring your humanity. 5 of the 7 billion people populating the world follow some religion and hold it central to their existence. To respect our humanity is to at least try to understand what shapes so many people's values and aspirations.

Harikrish biblical scholar and spiritual leader.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 11:02:30 PM
Oh hey, You managed to get it to quote, That's pretty cool.

Eh, A persons human whether they're cultured or not. Besides most people I meet have similar enough variations of the same values.
Xiutecuhtli
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2018 4:10:55 AM
I got the general idea that the crucifixion was intended by God, In order to serve as some symbolic sacrifice for humanity.
Xiutecuhtli
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2018 4:11:36 AM
Then again a truly omnipotent being would be able to accomplish his goals without losses.
Xiutecuhtli
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2018 4:12:03 AM
A long time ago maybe I would've reasoned in support of christianity, But not anymore.
Xiutecuhtli
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2018 4:20:21 AM
I was mostly playing around with the idea of hypothetical omniscient and omnipotent beings. More a philosophy approach than a religion approach, Which I guess might've been the incorrect way to do things in a Religion instead of a Philosophy forum.

I think that even if the religious leaders don't intend to sheeplify people, I might've become more sheeple than I would've liked during the time I went to a church. I think I'm a little bit more self-discoverish now that I quit.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.