Jump to topic:

How spiritual Are You?

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2018 11:01:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Here is a very simple test that determines just how spiritual you really are.
It's not hard, Nothing hidden, No tricks, And uses straight-forward simple mathematics.

I go to a store and purchase a baseball bat and a baseball for $110. 00.

The bat cost $100. 00 more than the ball.

How much was the ball?
Xiutecuhtli
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 3:37:17 AM
I might be walking into a joke, But $10. 00?

Is this so you can say I must not be spiritual because I have common sense, And common sense and spirituality are mutually exclusive?

Or maybe there was a riddle that I missed. But you said no tricks, And I guess I might trust you. Then again I might be walking into it.
Everything is 50% true and 50% false at all times.
These statements are, too.
Xiutecuhtli
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 3:44:33 AM
I don't think I would approve of calling religious people senseless dummies, But that's me, And you've probably had people who felt like that tell you things before.

Or I could be guessing wrong.
It feels like a trap, But I never know. They always have a straight, Reasonable face at the start. A couple times badly falling for it and you learn not to trust them when they seem to do things for no reason.
;-; I don't know what you're doing, But this is a religion post, Which makes it very likely an insult trap.

I also claim not to belong to a church, And to be an ex-Christian.
It is true. ;I
It might not mean much, Depending on how bad this one is. Sometimes they just ignore those claims. They're not only claims to me, But that's all they are from another person's perspective, Since nobody online knows my beliefs except me.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 1:24:58 PM
Eh, From what I've seen, Willows seems (to me) to be fanatically anti religion. At least that is the way he seems to act on DDO (from how it has looked to me).
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 1:49:46 PM
The answer is $5. 00.

It is a test used by psychologists to show how inclined people are to believing spirituality.
It is not so much a matter of whether you were right or wrong but what sort of inclination you have. . . . . . If you answered wrongly, You probably (and significantly) did not notice the words "more than".
This indicates that you have a more conceptual mindset and will take things at face value.

Those who answer correctly would tend to be more reasoned and logical.

So, It is no more than a fascinating exercise really.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 2:06:41 PM
Grrrr. . . I did notice it, But then failed at basic math it seems. 105 is 100 more than 5. . . I even though to myself I vaguely remember questions like this in school years ago. Ah well, Top of my head answer was 10.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 2:32:20 PM
Still though, I don't think it says anything about spirituality and says more about math skills and attention to detail.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 6:52:34 PM
Which exactly sums (excuse the pun) it up.
It says nothing about math skills. . . . Many Harvard scholars failed it.

I deliberately did not include a link to the study. . . . . You didn't look it up, Did you?

In other words, You are prepared to take things at face value without looking into them.
Which is why some people are inclined to believe spirituality.

And even then, My guess is that you will still not research the facts and stick to your own conclusion.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 6:53:01 PM
Hmm, See does the fact that you messed up the reply function a couple of times make you spiritual?
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 6:54:46 PM
Eh, Don't care enough really. One of my brothers is a conspiracy nut, But I don't bother looking up any of his info either. Just don't care enough. Hmm, I think I will also choose you saying face value as me being a honest person.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 7:01:54 PM
I'm not messing up the reply function. . . See there you go again taking it at face value.

For the same reason that I cannot view many replies.

It seems there is a glitch in the DDO site that others without Windows are experiencing.
I am almost giving up now since this site is extremely difficult to use.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 7:05:23 PM
Well, I apologize if I'm seeming snarky or short with my replies. I am a bit because of annoyance at getting a math question wrong and a assumption that you are equating religion with shortsightedness, Though doing it subtly. But, Then again, I'm not a mind reader, So maybe I shouldn't make that assumption.

If it helps any, The reply function will work if you delete all the other persons reply when you reply to them. Rather annoying, But it will post.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 7:09:34 PM
That's cool. . . As I said, It is not whether you are right or wrong. . . It is a matter of how your mindset works. . . . My wife answered $10 and she is right into spiritualism.

I didn't quite get though how you delete the replies.

I can't see many replies to any posts.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 7:16:17 PM
When you click the reply & quote, You have to delete all the text you are replying to.
I'm replying to a previous post of yours, So the whole At this time Willows wrote pops up along with any text you wrote. I delete all of the text in the Reply block where we type, So it should be completely empty. Then I write whatever I want, Admittedly you don't know which post I am replying to but is does send you a notification I'm pretty sure.

I'd rather halt the conversation about the How spiritual are you part though. I don't really want to say anything constructive about it. Mainly popped in for the math question.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 7:19:31 PM
Let's try now then.
Now don't get sore about the math unless you are a brain surgeon who relies on critical calculations to determine where to cut.
Xiutecuhtli
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2018 4:29:59 AM
Shoot. Five dollars. I even looked for something like that and didn't see it. And it was right there.
Xiutecuhtli
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2018 4:31:37 AM
I tried, Darnit. ;-;
But I screwed it up.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2018 4:45:24 AM
Don"t be disparaged.
It just shows that you have a tendency to take things at face value.
Which is why, According to the experts, You would also have a bent towards spiritualism.

I look at it as more of a fun thing really. . . Good icebreaker I reckon.
I will look up the article the test came from and post it.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2018 7:31:26 PM
Willows wrote:
Don"t be disparaged.
It just shows that you have a tendency to take things at face value.
Which is why, According to the experts, You would also have a bent towards spiritualism.

I look at it as more of a fun thing really. . . Good icebreaker I reckon.
I will look up the article the test came from and post it.

The other possible answer the ball cost $5 and the bat $105.
But if one is both pitching and batting for God. The price difference hardly matters.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2018 12:42:37 AM
This article may be of interest.
It explains the psychology behind the test.
https://www. Huffingtonpost. Com/matthew-hutson/what-kind-of-thinker-beli_b_2759701. Html
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2018 3:35:30 PM
Willows wrote:
This article may be of interest.
It explains the psychology behind the test.
https://www. Huffingtonpost. Com/matthew-hutson/what-kind-of-thinker-beli_b_2759701. Html

We have aura detectors that are more reliable in gauging the physical and spiritual health of the individual. Simple math quizz are for children. Get real.
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2018 8:16:41 AM
Willow,

what an interesting post. I got the question wrong. I went to your study and read the other two questions:

"A bat and a ball cost $1. 10 in total. The bat costs $1. 00 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?

"If it takes five machines five minutes to make five widgets, How long does it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets?

"In a lake, There is a patch of lily pads. Every day, The patch doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, How long would ittake for the patch to cover half of the lake?

I got the last two right. And not because I was taking any time - just answering.

I must that I am intrigued by this study. Thank you.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.