Jump to topic:

Can Evolution And Creationism Co-Exist?

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2018 2:17:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think that the concept of creation and evolution "co-existing" is a vain attempt by creationists to keep their dream alive whilst indirectly conceding that they have been totally trumped by evolution.

For example: "species having been created will adapt to their environment" and "there is evolution within species but not between species". A new term I found yesterday was "kind". . . . . . "there is evolution between species but not between kinds. "

Then there is the vague play on the "consciousness" or "spirit" concept that somehow a creator left everything to evolve but when a human comes about, A conscience is miraculously programmed into that body.

Evolution is an extremely tried, Proven and irrefutable science. When will creationists stop trying to take a free ride by jumping on the evolution bandwagon in a vain attempt to gain credibility?

If creationists have any reasonable argument for their cause, They should present their own research and evidence instead of hijacking the hard, Intelligent work done by others.

Creation and evolution have nothing to do with each other, They are poles apart and the twain shall never meet.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2018 3:17:07 PM
Willows wrote:
I think that the concept of creation and evolution "co-existing" is a vain attempt by creationists to keep their dream alive whilst indirectly conceding that they have been totally trumped by evolution.

For example: "species having been created will adapt to their environment" and "there is evolution within species but not between species". A new term I found yesterday was "kind". . . . . . "there is evolution between species but not between kinds. "

Then there is the vague play on the "consciousness" or "spirit" concept that somehow a creator left everything to evolve but when a human comes about, A conscience is miraculously programmed into that body.

Evolution is an extremely tried, Proven and irrefutable science. When will creationists stop trying to take a free ride by jumping on the evolution bandwagon in a vain attempt to gain credibility?

If creationists have any reasonable argument for their cause, They should present their own research and evidence instead of hijacking the hard, Intelligent work done by others.

Creation and evolution have nothing to do with each other, They are poles apart and the twain shall never meet.

You are profoundly stupid.
Darwin wrote in The descent of man: "The Simiadae then branched off into two great stems, The New World and Old World monkeys; and from the latter, At a remote period, Man, The wonder and glory of the Universe, Proceeded.

Catholic Church sexual abuse cases in Australia
https://en. M. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases_in_Australia

Perfect example of monkey believers (Evolutionist) and Creationists (the Church) co-existing.

Put some thought in your questions before posting. Go read a book instead of relying on DDO for all your answers to life's mysteries.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2018 12:13:55 AM
(Darwin wrote in The descent of man: "The Simiadae then branched off into two great stems, The New World and Old World monkeys; and from the latter, At a remote period, Man, The wonder and glory of the Universe, Proceeded.

https://en. M. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases_in_Australia

Perfect example of monkey believers (Evolutionist) and Creationists (the Church) co-existing.

Put some thought in your questions before posting. Go read a book instead of relying on DDO for all your answers to life's mysteries. )

Good advice there since I would certainly not rely on posts like that for any answers.

Despite what Darwin wrote in The Origin Of The Species, His work was ground-breaking thus, And full of inaccuracies and incomplete analyses. For example, Man did not directly descend from monkeys. Man has a common ancestor with species of apes.
see, I do get accurate my information the appropriate books.

Not from an assembly of anecdotal texts that are thousands of years old and unverified.
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2018 5:35:30 AM
Can Evolution and Creationism Co-exist? Of course!
Creationism is about how things began to exist
Evolution is about how that which already exists evolves into something different.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2018 10:35:49 AM
Creationism may be about how things began to exist, However, It is purely speculative and has no substance to it whatsoever. Creationists have invented terminologies that allude to science and adopted "pseudo-science" however they have no credibility with at all with any branch of science.

When the origins of matter are discovered, It will be by scientists who use proven, Accurate, And thoroughly researched methods.
Not from a bunch of creationists who use biased, Speculative, Airy-fairy tales that conveniently fit into their pre-conceived notions and appeal to those of an impressionable nature who wouldn't question the dubious methods these charlatans resort to.
Science has nothing to do with creationism and never will.
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2018 11:49:50 AM
Despite your opinions concerning Evolution or Creation, You do agree that one could believe in both do you?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2018 3:54:44 PM
Willows wrote:
(Darwin wrote in The descent of man: "The Simiadae then branched off into two great stems, The New World and Old World monkeys; and from the latter, At a remote period, Man, The wonder and glory of the Universe, Proceeded.

Put some thought in your questions before posting. Go read a book instead of relying on DDO for all your answers to life's mysteries. )

Good advice there since I would certainly not rely on posts like that for any answers.

Despite what Darwin wrote in The Origin Of The Species, His work was ground-breaking thus, And full of inaccuracies and incomplete analyses. For example, Man did not directly descend from monkeys. Man has a common ancestor with species of apes.
see, I do get accurate my information the appropriate books.

Not from an assembly of anecdotal texts that are thousands of years old and unverified.

Monkeys were the earliest primates from which branched apes and homosapiens. Read your cladistic charts or the bible which shows how trees (evolutionary tree and trees in the garden of Eden) infuenced human development and its final destiny.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2018 12:45:05 AM
Monkeys were the earliest primates from which branched apes and homosapiens. Read your cladistic charts or the bible which shows how trees (evolutionary tree and trees in the garden of Eden) infuenced human development and its final destiny.

Yes, I see what you mean. So whilst we are being pedantic I thought that I had better clearly define the word "primate".

(primate1
G2;prA2;=8;me=8;t, G2;prA2;=8;mət/
noun: CHRISTIAN CHURCH
the chief bishop or archbishop of a province.
"the primate of Poland")

Amazing how facts can blatantly reveal the truth.
There hasn't been very much evolution going on with religious clerics, Has there?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2018 1:07:23 AM
Willows wrote:

Yes, I see what you mean. So whilst we are being pedantic I thought that I had better clearly define the word "primate".

(primate1
G2;prA2;=8;me=8;t, G2;prA2;=8;mət/
noun: CHRISTIAN CHURCH
the chief bishop or archbishop of a province.
"the primate of Poland")

Amazing how facts can blatantly reveal the truth.
There hasn't been very much evolution going on with religious clerics, Has there?

You would be insulting primates by excluding them from evolving to creationists.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2018 1:12:49 AM
"Despite your opinions concerning Evolution or Creation, You do agree that one could believe in both do you? "

One could believe anything one wants and one's opinions can be based on anything one wants.
My opinion, Based on balanced, Reasoned facts is that anyone believing in both creation and evolution is being hypocritical and employing double standards as well as being purely speculative.

For example,
* there is no evidence whatsoever, Not even a skerrick, Of any "creation" involved before, During or outside the evolutionary processes.

* creationists have only jumped on the evolution bandwagon by conceding the irrefutable evidence of evolution by natural selection yet vainly trying to keep their unfounded dream of creation alive.

* if life and the universe were indeed created we would have a completely different looking world and there would be no doubt at all that it was created.

* I have said it before and I shall say it again. If there is any evidence of creation or spiritual entity, It will come from careful, Exhaustive, Balanced, Conclusive research by scientists.
Not from a bunch of unqualified know-it-alls vainly trying to justify their own self-serving, Biased, Speculative opinions.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2018 1:18:53 AM
"You would be insulting primates by excluding them from evolving to creationists. "

I thought I would be doing them a favor.

The rest of intelligent, Thinking, Sophisticated, Informed society has evolved a lot further than believing in primitive, Speculative and mythological concepts such as creation.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2018 1:24:37 AM
Willows wrote:
"You would be insulting primates by excluding them from evolving to creationists. "

I thought I would be doing them a favor.

The rest of intelligent, Thinking, Sophisticated, Informed society has evolved a lot further than believing in primitive, Speculative and mythological concepts such as creation.

It's the monkey believers who became evolutionists. Creationists struggle to take that leap of faith because we still have monkeys among us.
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2018 1:10:32 AM
you are really expressing your creative genes today.

You do not have any - not even one - fact that you have observed with your own two eyes of any evolutionary process taking place. You can at best rely upon other people who themselves have not actually seen any evolutionary process take place - but who have formulated theories - hypothesis - which they have then demonstrated by way of some alleged method which may or may not confirm what they have theorised. But the fact - the hard fact - is that no one - not you - not the scientists have ever actually observed any part of evolution to be true.

They have gathered their data, And drawn conclusions in relation to the theories they have postulated to "Explain" what they believe may have happened. This is not irrefutable proof. It is conjecture and speculation. And it is therefore not real observable science. It belongs in the realm of pseudo science.

Or else prove me wrong. Please provide some of your own eye-witness testimony of an evolutionary process or proof you have personally experienced with your own eyes.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2018 10:21:17 AM
Tradesecret wrote:
you are really expressing your creative genes today.

You do not have any - not even one - fact that you have observed with your own two eyes of any evolutionary process taking place.

So what if I haven't?
A murder detective did not witness a murder taking place with his own eyes. He gathers incriminating evidence like pieces of a puzzle and places them together to form an overwhelming case of guilt against the killer.

Similarly, Scientists have gathered an overwhelming amount of data to irrefutably prove evolution.

It is quite academic anyway and fruitlessly trying to pick very weak holes in something that is so overwhelming it is merely flogging a dead horse.

Creationists must accept the reality that their dream of creation has been well and truly quashed.
But many won't, Which is why they come up with some pretty weird (to say the least) and cringe-worthy arguments.
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2018 1:06:56 PM
Your final paragraph sounds like you are trying to force me into a view. Or compel me without reason.

A criminal investigation does not see a murder take place - but pieces together sufficient evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt that so and so did it. This is quite different from what you have never experienced with your own observation. You believe because someone in a book told you to. That is the rub. You have never had to test it. You simply believe - blindly. It has never been proved to you. Just words and you blindly believe.

Next thing you will be telling us the world is flat. Or that people are blue.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2018 8:56:55 PM
Tradesecret wrote:
Your final paragraph sounds like you are trying to force me into a view. Or compel me without reason.

A criminal investigation does not see a murder take place - but pieces together sufficient evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt that so and so did it. This is quite different from what you have never experienced with your own observation. You believe because someone in a book told you to. That is the rub. You have never had to test it. You simply believe - blindly. It has never been proved to you. Just words and you blindly believe.

Next thing you will be telling us the world is flat. Or that people are blue.

You are almost there. Christians are Young Earth believers and turned Africans into slaves because of the colour of their skin.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2018 5:11:39 AM
Tradesecret wrote:

The detective analogy is still valid.
Your contention is that I have not seen evolution with my own eyes and believe what is written in books and making the (wrong) assumption that I "blindly" believe what I read.

What I have read is many authoritative, Well-researched works, None of which have been reputably been discredited. I have also witnessed many artifacts and accurately dated fossils that support the findings. Again only an extremist detractor would question such evidence.

What is telling though, Is that apart from a few bogus and extreme accusations, There is nothing authoritative to refute any piece of the over-abundant evidence for evolution by natural selection.

Even without historical evidence, The case for evolution has been well and truly proven through authoritative research and developmental stages of existing species.

The other telling point is that there is not one shred of evidence or alternative theory as to the origins and development of life.

If you are so keen to oppose evolution, What is your alternative and what authoritative viable evidence do you have?

For those creationists who use the Bible or Quran as proof of creation, Their theory can be completely ruled out by your own standards that they are relying on what is written in a book and, Of course, None of them was there to see it happen.
xXIllegal_PotatoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2018 1:15:39 PM
To be dead honest, Both of your sound very unprofessional right now. Respect each other's opinions, But try to change them as well, Respectfully.

My personal opinion is that the Earth wasn't created in six literal 'days', But more six 'eras'. The Bible correctly predicts the current scientific theory of creation (Sun, Earth, Water and Land, Plants, Fish, Animals, People). Perhaps evolution was his method of creation, And it just took a lot longer than you may think.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2018 4:08:02 PM
xXIllegal_PotatoXx wrote:
To be dead honest, Both of your sound very unprofessional right now. Respect each other's opinions, But try to change them as well, Respectfully.

My personal opinion is that the Earth wasn't created in six literal 'days', But more six 'eras'. The Bible correctly predicts the current scientific theory of creation (Sun, Earth, Water and Land, Plants, Fish, Animals, People). Perhaps evolution was his method of creation, And it just took a lot longer than you may think.

Evidence for Evolution, Finally!
https://www. Debate. Org/forums/religion/topic/102445/

The most obvious evidence for evolution is the diversification of species. It makes absolutely no sense that God created millions of species for no apparent reason at all, Making many species ever harmful to the existence of man.

Evolution gives us a logical explanation of how macro evolution began that led to the diversification of species and between randomness and natural selection the fittest species survived and those less adaptable faded into extinction. Thus giving us the variety of life we see today.

But is there evidence for the evolution of God and Man, Where science meets religion?

I present my research papers on a unified theory that bridges the divide.

The evolution of God and man. Harikrish.
http://www. Debate. Org/forums/religion/topic/98547/1/

In the beginning Darwin wrote in The descent of man: "The Simiadae then branched off into two great stems, The New World and Old World monkeys; and from the latter, At a remote period, Man, The wonder and glory of the Universe, Proceeded.

Humans along with gorillas and chimpanzees are classified as the great apes. And since Adam was made in the image of God at the beginning of evolution. God and Adam looked like monkeys more specifically Old World Monkeys.

We all descended from a common female ancestor.

"In 1987, A group of genet"icists published a surprising study in the journal Nature. " The" researchers examined the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) taken from 147 people across all of today's major racial groups. These researchers found that the lineage of all people alive today falls on one of two branches in humanity's family tree. One of these branches consists of nothing but African lineage, The other contains all other groups, Including some African lineage.

Even more impressive, The geneticists concluded that every person on Earth right now can trace his or her lineage back to a single common female ancestor who lived around 200, 000 years ago. Because one entire branch of human lineage is of African origin and the other contains African lineage as well, The study's authors concluded Africa is the place where this woman lived. The scientists named this common female ancestor Mitochondrial Eve. "
Obviously it took an Adam to make that happen. For that there is the Y Chromosome.

Evidence of Adam and Eve coexisting.
http://www. Nature. Com/news/genetic-adam-and-eve-did-not-live-too-far-apart-in-time-1. 13478? WT. Mc_id=FBK_NatureNews

Basics: Becoming Human, Part 1: Mitochondrial Eve and Y Chromosome Adam
http://biologos. Org/blogs/dennis-venema-letters-to-the-duchess/understanding-evolution-mitochondrial-eve-y-chromosome-adam

Scriptural evidence for an evolving God

If you go by Genesis's timeline. God had not fully evolved so he was still a monkey more specifically Old World Monkey. This explains the early mistakes God made with creation, The talking serpent, The flood and his obsession with trees being arboreal. Tree of knowledge and tree of life were his favourites. Now you know why he was so upset when Adam and Eve messed with his favourite tree.

Somebody asked where does Jesus fall into this equation?

Scientists have discovered the God Gene which explains how faith is hardwired in our genes.
https://www. Ncbi. Nlm. Nih. Gov/pmc/articles/PMC2262126/

So how did the God Gene get into the human genome?

Scriptures give us some clue as to how both Jesus and the God Gene falls into this equation.

Matthew 1:18 This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, But before they came together, She was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit.

We finally have the evidence that mutations produce viable life. Jesus is the product of a mutant gene. And before him we have scriptural evidence the sons of God married the daughters of men.

Who were the "sons of God" who married "the daughters of men" and had children who were giants in Genesis 6: 2-4.

So why do we have atheists among us?
The same reason we still have monkeys today. Both have proven to be highly adaptable.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2018 8:41:05 PM
ThinkFirst, Why don't you get help so you can post? You are not bright enough to figure out the new security measures that is preventing you from posting.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.