Jump to topic:

The Meaning Of Life

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2018 2:54:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Sorry to disappoint you here folks, But there are no satirical skits on this one, No hard-hitting witticisms, Just the truth.

There is no meaning to life.

Deal with it.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2018 3:04:02 PM
Willows wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you here folks, But there are no satirical skits on this one, No hard-hitting witticisms, Just the truth.

There is no meaning to life.

Deal with it.

Typical near end of life conclusion Australians arrive at for living down under isolated from the rest of the world geographically, Culturally and intellectually. Their isolation was by design. Australia made a perfect penal colony and the majority of Australians can trace their ancestry to a criminal in the Criminal Registry of UK.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2018 11:51:18 PM
As a matter of fact, The so-called "convicts" who (among many others) settled Australia were convicted of petty offences and their deportation was not so much as punishment but part of a policy to populate the colony.
These people were treated much better than fare-paying passengers on the ship journeys to Australia and were given paid jobs, Mainly working and breaking in the land. At the end of their indentureship, They were given crown grants of massive parcels of land and became wealthy landowners.

A very similar thing happened with India which sent indentured labourers to Fiji. At the end of their indentureship, These Indians became wealthy and influential business owners, Much to the chagrin of the native inhabitants.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2018 3:21:43 PM
Willows wrote:
As a matter of fact, The so-called "convicts" who (among many others) settled Australia were convicted of petty offences and their deportation was not so much as punishment but part of a policy to populate the colony.
These people were treated much better than fare-paying passengers on the ship journeys to Australia and were given paid jobs, Mainly working and breaking in the land. At the end of their indentureship, They were given crown grants of massive parcels of land and became wealthy landowners.

A very similar thing happened with India which sent indentured labourers to Fiji. At the end of their indentureship, These Indians became wealthy and influential business owners, Much to the chagrin of the native inhabitants.

The convicts sent to Penal colony Australia were not petty thieves. They murdered and looted the indigenous native Australians and stole their land.

When the first European settlers arrived in 1788 the Aborigines were the sole occupants of Australia. A hundred years later Aborigines no longer held much of the continent, And many Aboriginal groups were struggling for survival. Almost everywhere white settlement had proved overpowering. There had been no peaceful adjustment between whites and Aborigines, And the frontier between them had many times been marked in blood. Even where white settlement was sparse, Traditional Aboriginal society was often strongly influenced by the presence of the new arrivals.
http://www. Janesoceania. Com/australia_aboriginal_whitesettlers/index1. Htm
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2018 1:52:26 AM
"When the first European settlers arrived in 1788 the Aborigines were the sole occupants of Australia. A hundred years later Aborigines no longer held much of the continent, And many Aboriginal groups were struggling for survival. Almost everywhere white settlement had proved overpowering. There had been no peaceful adjustment between whites and Aborigines, And the frontier between them had many times been marked in blood. Even where white settlement was sparse, Traditional Aboriginal society was often strongly influenced by the presence of the new arrivals. "

I totally agree with you there although I think most of the convicts were convicted of petty thefts but the despicable behavior was not necessarily the sole domain of the convicts themselves but also the authorities.

The "White Australia" policy of the 1960s and the "stolen generation" of indigenous kids being institutionalized were appalling episodes in Australian history and still today indigenous Australians are struggling.

Although I have spent most of my life in Australia, I was raised in New Zealand where a different situation existed. The indigenous Maori very warriors and resisted the invasion by the colonialists, There were bloody wars akin to American war of independence. The "Treaty of Waitangi" by and large settled the score and today New Zealand has a fully integrated society.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2018 2:41:17 PM
Willows wrote:
"When the first European settlers arrived in 1788 the Aborigines were the sole occupants of Australia. A hundred years later Aborigines no longer held much of the continent, And many Aboriginal groups were struggling for survival. Almost everywhere white settlement had proved overpowering. There had been no peaceful adjustment between whites and Aborigines, And the frontier between them had many times been marked in blood. Even where white settlement was sparse, Traditional Aboriginal society was often strongly influenced by the presence of the new arrivals. "

I totally agree with you there although I think most of the convicts were convicted of petty thefts but the despicable behavior was not necessarily the sole domain of the convicts themselves but also the authorities.

The "White Australia" policy of the 1960s and the "stolen generation" of indigenous kids being institutionalized were appalling episodes in Australian history and still today indigenous Australians are struggling.

Although I have spent most of my life in Australia, I was raised in New Zealand where a different situation existed. The indigenous Maori very warriors and resisted the invasion by the colonialists, There were bloody wars akin to American war of independence. The "Treaty of Waitangi" by and large settled the score and today New Zealand has a fully integrated society.

That is all well and good. But Australia stirs strong emotions in Indians. Our ancestors were robbed of some prime beach property in Australia.

"Yes, There was has been movement of people from Southern India to Australia approximately at BC 2217.

Several researchers have been working on this hypothesis and have published interesting articles at Nature Research: science journals, Jobs, Information and services and Economist.

www. Nature. Com/news/genomes-link-aboriginal-australians-to-indians-1. 12219

An Antipodean Raj

The peopling of Australia has been illustrated below.

The first wave of Humans arrived in Australia from Africa around 45000 years ago. At that time Australian land mass has been connected with Asian landmass and the first humans have arrived by foot - they are the first humans to have arrived in Australia and they are the Australia Aborigines. They were living in Stone age and they have been traditionally hunter gatherers.

Around 4000 years ago, A bunch of sea faring people from southern part of India arrived in Australia by ships at BC 2217. These people were technologically advanced than the australian aborigines.

Quoting below Dr. Pugach

"About 4, 000 years before Captain Phillip and his merry men arrived to turn the aboriginals" world upside down, It seems that a group of Indian adventurers chose to call the place home. Unlike their European successors, These earlier settlers were assimilated by the locals. And they brought with them both technological improvements and one of Australia"s most iconic animals. "

"Dr Pugach, However, Also discovered something else. There is a pattern of SNPs in aboriginal Australians that is not found in people from New Guinea or the Philippines. But it is found in some Indians"particularly in Dravidian speakers from the southern part of the subcontinent. That discovery both meshes with the Y-chromosome data and enriches it, Because the pattern of the SNP data meant that she and her colleagues could calculate when the Indian genes (and thus the Indians who carried them) arrived in Australia. "

There are high chances that the Dravidian speakers who made it to Australia 4000 years back are Tamils, As they had been the major sea faring race amongst the Dravidians and there had been evidence of trade with Indonesia for more than 5000 years.

Also to emphasize, The other ancient dravidian tribes - Kadambas, Kurumbars and Veddhas were not sea faring people like Tamils.

The exact date had been arrived by researchers with the help of Dingoes - Australias apex predators. These dingoes - were domesticated dogs that had been brought to the Island by the south indians who had arrived in the island 4000 years back. The closest relative of dingoes are India"s Parrayya dogs. Enclosing below the picture of Australian dingoes. There are no remains of dingoes prior to BC 2217.

Researchers has also analyzed and have calibrated that 11% of Australian aborigines have Dravidian genes. The dravidians have arrived on the australian shores and have mingled with existing population exactly 141 generations ago - thanks to western and australian researchers for finding this out.

Enclosing below the few pictures of Australian aborigines - who could be easily confused for an South Indian saint or samiyar.

The children below could be easily confused as children from madurai or tribals from nilgiris

Had an opportunity to visit Jakarta Museum, In Indonesia and found ancient artifacts from Tamilakkam, Had seen a "Kuthuvilakku" and they had dated the artefact to be 10000 years old - my bad had missed that photograph. Enclosing below the photos of model Indonesian boats - that are called as "Kappal" in Bahasa indonesia - enclosing these photos just to emphasize the naval domination of Tamils from time immemmorial.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2018 1:54:53 AM
Thanks for that. . . It gives me some impetus to read more.
I find it fascinating and have learned a lot from my daughter who did indigenous studies as part of her degree and has told me similar accounts. . . She actually spent several months in the Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara (APY) lands up north living with the locals as well as living in India for a year.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2018 10:52:47 AM
Willows wrote:
I find it fascinating and have learned a lot from my daughter who did indigenous studies as part of her degree and has told me similar accounts. . . She actually spent several months in the Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara (APY) lands up north living with the locals as well as living in India for a year.

There was a reason why they sent convicts to Australia with tbe hope they would rehabilitate living with the peaceful Indians i. E my ancestors.
But unfortunately the indelible stamp of their lowly origins was too deeply rooted in their DNA.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2018 3:40:32 PM
Willows wrote:

You must get your sheep from New Zealand because they appear to be STD resistant. But your Koalas are not and STD is killing them at an alarming rate.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.