Jump to topic:

Help For Theists

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2018 12:47:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Theists nowadays must surely be feeling the pressure to maintain their spiritual relationship, What, With evolution booting creationism completely out the door and the ever-growing and easily accessible information highway throwing up little IEDs at every doctrine taken from ancient scriptures penned by who knows who.

I realise how it must be, Feeling like being backed into a corner with no evidence to cling onto and only a couple of "God is" definitions left in a vain attempt to delay the impending truth that one's imaginary friend just ain't out there.
After all, "God is love" and "experience God" have well and truly passed their use-by-date and one I recently heard, "God is intelligence" just doesn't make the (first) grade.

But don't despair, Theists. Don't let all those years of guilt and fear that you've learned overwhelm you. I have a great new God description that will have all those nasty atheists (well, At least, Some) running back to their science textbooks and critical thinking websites.

I had thought of "God is organic", Pretty hip and vague enough but then I reckoned that the earthiness connotation might put the kibosh on it straight away since organic refers to something, And let's face it, There is no "something" about God at all, Is there?

"God is holistic". Now, That will throw them off the scent for a while. It is up-with-the-times and fits in with the "God being everywhere and everything" concept without saying it. Naturopaths use the word successfully to make zillions out of gullible patients so why not jump on the holistic bandwagon. . . . . And it sounds great too. . . . . . "God is holistic"

You see, Theists, Us atheists aren't all that bad, We realise your predicament and want to help you out.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2018 9:12:26 PM
Willows wrote:
Theists nowadays must surely be feeling the pressure to maintain their spiritual relationship, What, With evolution booting creationism completely out the door and the ever-growing and easily accessible information highway throwing up little IEDs at every doctrine taken from ancient scriptures penned by who knows who.

I realise how it must be, Feeling like being backed into a corner with no evidence to cling onto and only a couple of "God is" definitions left in a vain attempt to delay the impending truth that one's imaginary friend just ain't out there.
After all, "God is love" and "experience God" have well and truly passed their use-by-date and one I recently heard, "God is intelligence" just doesn't make the (first) grade.

But don't despair, Theists. Don't let all those years of guilt and fear that you've learned overwhelm you. I have a great new God description that will have all those nasty atheists (well, At least, Some) running back to their science textbooks and critical thinking websites.

I had thought of "God is organic", Pretty hip and vague enough but then I reckoned that the earthiness connotation might put the kibosh on it straight away since organic refers to something, And let's face it, There is no "something" about God at all, Is there?

"God is holistic". Now, That will throw them off the scent for a while. It is up-with-the-times and fits in with the "God being everywhere and everything" concept without saying it. Naturopaths use the word successfully to make zillions out of gullible patients so why not jump on the holistic bandwagon. . . . . And it sounds great too. . . . . . "God is holistic"

You see, Theists, Us atheists aren't all that bad, We realise your predicament and want to help you out.

India is the leader in holistic medicine packaged as herbal Ayurveda. It is effective because it sees both the sick individual and God as a holistic problem and treats both simultaneously. It deals with the care of body, Mind and spirit the spirit being God.
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2018 11:54:09 AM
Willow wrote
"Theists nowadays must surely be feeling the pressure to maintain their spiritual relationship, What, With evolution booting creationism completely out the door and the ever-growing and easily accessible information highway throwing up little IEDs at every doctrine taken from ancient scriptures penned by who knows who. "

Why do you think that theists are feeling any pressure about their spiritual relationship? Do you think that theists are threatened by science or evolution? What makes you think that? Do they tell you this? Or do you think it or guess it?

"I realise how it must be, Feeling like being backed into a corner with no evidence to cling onto and only a couple of "God is" definitions left in a vain attempt to delay the impending truth that one's imaginary friend just ain't out there. "

Who do you know feels like they have been backed into a corner? And why do you feel that? What kind of evidence do you think Christians need to accept? And on what kind of standard are you talking about? Where do you get your notion of definitions for god from?

"After all, "God is love" and "experience God" have well and truly passed their use-by-date and one I recently heard, "God is intelligence" just doesn't make the (first) grade. "

Is there a use by date on definitions? Do you always take hearsay so hard?

"But don't despair, Theists. Don't let all those years of guilt and fear that you've learned overwhelm you. I have a great new God description that will have all those nasty atheists (well, At least, Some) running back to their science textbooks and critical thinking websites. "

Do you think atheists are nasty? Why would your definition make any of them run?

"I had thought of "God is organic", Pretty hip and vague enough but then I reckoned that the earthiness connotation might put the kibosh on it straight away since organic refers to something, And let's face it, There is no "something" about God at all, Is there? "

Is God something or something else? Why do you think you can put a definition on God but nobody is allowed to?

You see, Theists, Us atheists aren't all that bad, We realise your predicament and want to help you out"

Do you really want to help out? And why do you think this would help us out? What predicament are we in?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2018 8:29:31 PM
Tradesecret wrote:
Willow wrote
"Theists nowadays must surely be feeling the pressure to maintain their spiritual relationship, What, With evolution booting creationism completely out the door and the ever-growing and easily accessible information highway throwing up little IEDs at every doctrine taken from ancient scriptures penned by who knows who. "

Why do you think that theists are feeling any pressure about their spiritual relationship? Do you think that theists are threatened by science or evolution? What makes you think that? Do they tell you this? Or do you think it or guess it?

"I realise how it must be, Feeling like being backed into a corner with no evidence to cling onto and only a couple of "God is" definitions left in a vain attempt to delay the impending truth that one's imaginary friend just ain't out there. "

Who do you know feels like they have been backed into a corner? And why do you feel that? What kind of evidence do you think Christians need to accept? And on what kind of standard are you talking about? Where do you get your notion of definitions for god from?

"After all, "God is love" and "experience God" have well and truly passed their use-by-date and one I recently heard, "God is intelligence" just doesn't make the (first) grade. "

Is there a use by date on definitions? Do you always take hearsay so hard?

"But don't despair, Theists. Don't let all those years of guilt and fear that you've learned overwhelm you. I have a great new God description that will have all those nasty atheists (well, At least, Some) running back to their science textbooks and critical thinking websites. "

Do you think atheists are nasty? Why would your definition make any of them run?

"I had thought of "God is organic", Pretty hip and vague enough but then I reckoned that the earthiness connotation might put the kibosh on it straight away since organic refers to something, And let's face it, There is no "something" about God at all, Is there? "

Is God something or something else? Why do you think you can put a definition on God but nobody is allowed to?

You see, Theists, Us atheists aren't all that bad, We realise your predicament and want to help you out"

Do you really want to help out? And why do you think this would help us out? What predicament are we in?

India is the leader in holistic medicine packaged as herbal Ayurveda. It is effective because it sees both the sick individual and God as a holistic problem and treats both simultaneously. It deals with the care of body, Mind and spirit the spirit being God.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.