Jump to topic:

New religion

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2018 12:34:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If it's not enough that mainstream religions have become riddled with crime and corruption over the years we are now witnessing the rapid decline in church membership. Modern science and education have certainly done their bit in debunking the God myth but for some, There is still a "spiritual need" that must be filled.

Is alternative medicine the new religion?

For those who want to "believe", We now have a great array of alternative faith healers to throw our money in vain to. From naturopaths, Chiropractors, And hypnotists through to acupuncturists and aromatherapists, They are all there to satisfy that spiritual craving some of us get.
But is it right that these modern-day con artists should get away with what religious organisations have been in the business of doing for centuries?
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2018 1:48:49 AM
Interestingly, Church membership decline is not necessarily the decline of Christianity. There are many youth in the church who have left mainline churches out of despair. They have not just left the organised churches, But many are actually forming their own home churches and meeting not on Sundays, But anyday and in varied places. They don't necessarily have songs or even a bible talk - they are just taking their spirituality / Christianity in a different direction. They even say they have no religion. They don't even see Christianity as a religion - it is a way of life.

this is probably the result of a post modern philosophy. And an anti-authority spirit. But is happening. I reckon of all of the people who used to go to church - it is only a very small proportion who have actually ditched religion altogether.

People who generally experience a good church understand the benefits of community. They might dislike the politics associated with it, But losing your community is much more negative.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2018 2:16:34 PM
Tradesecret wrote:
Interestingly, Church membership decline is not necessarily the decline of Christianity. There are many youth in the church who have left mainline churches out of despair. They have not just left the organised churches, But many are actually forming their own home churches and meeting not on Sundays, But anyday and in varied places. They don't necessarily have songs or even a bible talk - they are just taking their spirituality / Christianity in a different direction. They even say they have no religion. They don't even see Christianity as a religion - it is a way of life.

And it is called secularism. . . . A way of life without religion.

this is probably the result of a post modern philosophy. And an anti-authority spirit. But is happening. I reckon of all of the people who used to go to church - it is only a very small proportion who have actually ditched religion altogether.

From the Apologetic Press.
One in three Americans believe the Bible is a book of fables.

People who generally experience a good church understand the benefits of community. They might dislike the politics associated with it, But losing your community is much more negative.
And Jesus thought he could destroy the traditional family. What a loser.
Matthew 10:34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, But a sword.
35 For I have come to turn ""a man against his father, A daughter against her mother, A daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law"
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2018 5:55:46 AM
Tradesecret wrote:

And it is called secularism. . . . A way of life without religion.

You do realise that Christianity is the philosophy which introduced modern secularism to the world?

From the Apologetic Press.
One in three Americans believe the Bible is a book of fables.

99/100 people think Hinduism is a religion for people who don't want a religion.

And Jesus thought he could destroy the traditional family. What a loser.
Matthew 10:34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, But a sword.

Jesus is the keeper of the traditional marriage. It is quite ironic that such a so called spiritual person as yourself has such a negative picture of Jesus. Yet he beat your so called god up when he died on the cross and rose from the dead. Watching your so called gods squirm before Jesus has been a sheer delight.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.