Jump to topic:

Did Jesus Give His Heart?

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2018 8:55:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It seems that the Christian Church Association of Australia decided to take offence at an ad using the (alleged) Jesus Christ to promote organ donorship and even labeling the ad as blasphemous.

Maybe the Christian Church Association may like to extract their heads and consider that most people regard the concept of a fictitious character conditionally saving one from eternal afterlife damnation as being offensive.

Any little thing, Even done in good humor seems to offend these pugnacious leaches of decent society.

https://www. Nowtolove. Com. Au/health/body/organ-donation-jesus-ad-controversy-51824
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2018 11:12:15 AM
I have not seen the ad but why would this group decide to select the Christian Church's deity as a icon in this? I think it is because the Christians these days are EXPECTED to be persecuted and many in the community think it is their right to do so.

Imagine if it was a gay icon or the Muslim God? Or if someone put up a picture of something of Hitler? It would be slammed as being offensive. But it seems today - the one group which is not allowed to be offended is the Christian. Although it seems - white males get lumped in as well.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2018 4:34:49 AM
Tradesecret wrote:
I have not seen the ad but why would this group decide to select the Christian Church's deity as a icon in this? I think it is because the Christians these days are EXPECTED to be persecuted and many in the community think it is their right to do so.

Imagine if it was a gay icon or the Muslim God? Or if someone put up a picture of something of Hitler? It would be slammed as being offensive. But it seems today - the one group which is not allowed to be offended is the Christian. Although it seems - white males get lumped in as well.

How is putting a cross on a building to draw Catholics to come in and pray knowing the priest is a pedophile, Any less offensive? But that has been going on for decades in the Catholic Church.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2018 11:55:03 PM
Tradesecret wrote:

My point is that Christians will always make a mountain out of a molehill and shout "persecution".
I can see no offense, Justified or otherwise, In the ad and I think the criticism comes from those who have a mindset that it is somehow poking fun at Christ.

Even "The Life of Brian" was not offensive yet it certainly was universally condemned by clerics. Yes, The movie was critical of blind faith but it was not gratuitous and went no further than to highlight a universal view held by non-believers.

Humor will always have a role in constructive criticism but if you can't have a good laugh at yourself, There is something wrong.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2018 1:17:10 AM
Eh, Not everyone passive about insults. Not saying it is bad not to be patient, But it is pretty common for people to get their feathers ruffled. About big or small, And the size depends on taste I suppose, Lot of it subjective.
Flags, Cakes, TV, Radio, Words, Race, Body weight.

I mean c'mon, South Park did a whole episode about Safe Space being a thing in society.
Nothing really surprising if some people who identify strongly with their religion took offense. Though I suppose it becomes more surprisingly over time slowly. But, That's just if society changes it's values some more- hmm, Rambling.

Anyway I doubt "All" Christians were offended. Lot variation in the people who are Christian, Would have to be with it being such a broad term. Don't really see anything wrong with people saying they are offended either.
It would be wrong if they burned the ad peoples houses down, TP their houses, Or made the ad illegal. Though I suppose only wrong in some places, Eh, Current place is what matters.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2018 9:34:03 PM
Tradesecret wrote:
Yes, I agree. But Presbyterians don't put crosses up on the churches.

Now we have a Presbyterian liar.

Usually a Presbyterian church will not have statues of saints, Nor the ornate altar more typical of a Roman Catholic church. . . . Some Presbyterian church buildings are often decorated with a cross that has a circle around the center, Or Celtic cross.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.