Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

Helpful Tips For Religious Fanatics

Willows
Posts: 11,576
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2018 11:50:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
You may be a struggling religious follower new to DDO and may be thinking, "Gee, I hope I can stand up to arguing against those pesky, Heathen atheist know-it-alls. "

After all, When it comes to providing evidence or rational reasoning in favor of religion there is. . . . . Well, None yet there is a tonne of irrefutable information in the atheist armory and remember, Atheists are more intelligent.

So, Here are some tips taken from actual theist arguments to help you counteract the overwhelming tides of reality that may come your way.

The hot potato: If you are asked to prove anything Godly, Simply throw the question back and ask "you prove it isn't so". It may sound a bit like preschool playground reasoning but the tactic will give you time to invent another way out.

The guilt trip: This will get those atheists reeling. . . . . "My mother is a Jehovah's witness and you are saying they are all whackos? "

Appeal to authority or tradition: "People have been worshipping God for centuries and there are lots of famous people who believe in God. " Now that will sound, Pretty impressive, Won't it?

Lie: This is what every good theist knows best since, After all, Most of what you have learned about God is lies anyway. And those dweeby non-believers won't bother to check out what you say.

The Strawman: This is a real cool trick commonly used by theists. Just invent an argument like, For example, "the missing link" or "man descended from apes" and you won't even have to lie.

Ad hominem fallacy: When all else fails, Do what every hardcore, Hot-headed theist is famous for and attack the integrity of the opponent, Then sink into real dirty low-down ill-tempered outbursts. That will be bound to scare away any atheist.

So, These are just a few tips to help you on your epic journey along the path of intelligent argument.

Stay tuned for more helpful hints.
Leaning
Posts: 2,544
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2018 12:52:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Looks more like you're insulting people rather than trying to give them helpful hints on how to have a conversation based around mutual understanding.
Willows
Posts: 11,576
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2018 8:28:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Leaning wrote:
Looks more like you're insulting people rather than trying to give them helpful hints on how to have a conversation based around mutual understanding.

It does look like it but it is tongue in cheek.
And I'm only insulting those who insult others with their incredulous, Unreasoned, Truthless posts.
If you hurl it in the first place, You can expect to get it back.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 3,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2018 8:45:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Leaning wrote:
Looks more like you're insulting people rather than trying to give them helpful hints on how to have a conversation based around mutual understanding.

Willows is still working through the natural course of the psychological healings one needs when they find out Santa Clause isn't real. For him, In this stage, Nothing is real, Except for that Cabbage Patch doll Santa was supposed to bring him.
Leaning
Posts: 2,544
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2018 8:48:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am unsure on that part. I have not thought of any terribly reasonable arguments to myself against mocking religion, Though I do have some. Does not appear to be much on the internet in favor of not mocking religion from what I've seen.
http://commonsenseatheism. Com/? P=605
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 3,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2018 9:06:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Leaning wrote:
I am unsure on that part. I have not thought of any terribly reasonable arguments to myself against mocking religion, Though I do have some. Does not appear to be much on the internet in favor of not mocking religion from what I've seen.
http://commonsenseatheism. Com/? P=605

Don't be too swayed by the lack of support for your beliefs. There's a good chance the people on the internet saying things are demons just messing with you. Demons, Nephalim. . . Theyre just people too trying to pass the time stuck in this world. They're held to different standards so any judgement would likely be wrong.
Leaning
Posts: 2,544
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2018 9:17:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Sounds like Descartes from what little I've read about other people talking about his ideas. I do claim myself to be a nihilist and claim morality is subjective, So nothing really matters in the end and no morality is really better than any other. But. . . . That's just an. . Esoteric? Abstract? Something? Thought. I do not act as though nothing matters. I'd like to think I do at least the least of the good I can, Ideally more. Behave in a manner I see as moral in the small bubble sort of way. I was raised with ideas and habits of what is good. Simply because I thought to myself one day that this is all pointless doesn't mean my brain is going to smoke and steam and short circuit leaving my body dropped as a puppet with it's strings cut. A human is still going to act as a human, Even if his whys or what are a bit jumbled. A logic bomb is a bit harder to work on a human than a Hollywood robot. Simply because someone tells me a paradox, Doesn't make me freeze up. Though I do believe some humans short circuit themselves with logic or mental illness of the mind. Eh rambling, I appreciate the good will of the thought though.
Harikrish
Posts: 28,277
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2018 10:00:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Leaning wrote:
Sounds like Descartes from what little I've read about other people talking about his ideas. I do claim myself to be a nihilist and claim morality is subjective, So nothing really matters in the end and no morality is really better than any other. But. . . . That's just an. . Esoteric? Abstract? Something? Thought. I do not act as though nothing matters. I'd like to think I do at least the least of the good I can, Ideally more. Behave in a manner I see as moral in the small bubble sort of way. I was raised with ideas and habits of what is good. Simply because I thought to myself one day that this is all pointless doesn't mean my brain is going to smoke and steam and short circuit leaving my body dropped as a puppet with it's strings cut. A human is still going to act as a human, Even if his whys or what are a bit jumbled. A logic bomb is a bit harder to work on a human than a Hollywood robot. Simply because someone tells me a paradox, Doesn't make me freeze up. Though I do believe some humans short circuit themselves with logic or mental illness of the mind. Eh rambling, I appreciate the good will of the thought though.

You were rambling alright! And appealing to the readers sympathies, And hoping they think kindly of you. You haven't done everyone in tbe room yet. But most are leaning your way.
Leaning
Posts: 2,544
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2018 10:07:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Generally I don't try to portray myself in a way for people to think unkindly of me. Mirroring in some fashion what appeals to others is a way to gain common ground. Easier to do genuinely when it is something that appeals to yourself I think. Enjoyable conversation is about common ground for me. I can't think of a time I've deliberately lied on DDO about what I think of something.
Harikrish
Posts: 28,277
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2018 10:18:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Leaning wrote:
Generally I don't try to portray myself in a way for people to think unkindly of me. Mirroring in some fashion what appeals to others is a way to gain common ground. Easier to do genuinely when it is something that appeals to yourself I think. Enjoyable conversation is about common ground for me. I can't think of a time I've deliberately lied on DDO about what I think of something.

You have been doing everyone genuinely and no can can say you deliberately lied on DDO.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 3,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2018 10:39:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Harikrish wrote:
Leaning wrote:
Sounds like Descartes from what little I've read about other people talking about his ideas. I do claim myself to be a nihilist and claim morality is subjective, So nothing really matters in the end and no morality is really better than any other. But. . . . That's just an. . Esoteric? Abstract? Something? Thought. I do not act as though nothing matters. I'd like to think I do at least the least of the good I can, Ideally more. Behave in a manner I see as moral in the small bubble sort of way. I was raised with ideas and habits of what is good. Simply because I thought to myself one day that this is all pointless doesn't mean my brain is going to smoke and steam and short circuit leaving my body dropped as a puppet with it's strings cut. A human is still going to act as a human, Even if his whys or what are a bit jumbled. A logic bomb is a bit harder to work on a human than a Hollywood robot. Simply because someone tells me a paradox, Doesn't make me freeze up. Though I do believe some humans short circuit themselves with logic or mental illness of the mind. Eh rambling, I appreciate the good will of the thought though.

You were rambling alright! And appealing to the readers sympathies, And hoping they think kindly of you. You haven't done everyone in tbe room yet. But most are leaning your way.

I thought he was putting a bit of the bible thump down until he went full-blown anarchist on me. It's like a bj that turned into a reach-around, And I don't know if im all that comfortable with the situation.
SingularityofLight
Posts: 1,915
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2018 11:07:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
MasonicSlayer wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Leaning wrote:
Sounds like Descartes from what little I've read about other people talking about his ideas. I do claim myself to be a nihilist and claim morality is subjective, So nothing really matters in the end and no morality is really better than any other. But. . . . That's just an. . Esoteric? Abstract? Something? Thought. I do not act as though nothing matters. I'd like to think I do at least the least of the good I can, Ideally more. Behave in a manner I see as moral in the small bubble sort of way. I was raised with ideas and habits of what is good. Simply because I thought to myself one day that this is all pointless doesn't mean my brain is going to smoke and steam and short circuit leaving my body dropped as a puppet with it's strings cut. A human is still going to act as a human, Even if his whys or what are a bit jumbled. A logic bomb is a bit harder to work on a human than a Hollywood robot. Simply because someone tells me a paradox, Doesn't make me freeze up. Though I do believe some humans short circuit themselves with logic or mental illness of the mind. Eh rambling, I appreciate the good will of the thought though.

You were rambling alright! And appealing to the readers sympathies, And hoping they think kindly of you. You haven't done everyone in tbe room yet. But most are leaning your way.

I thought he was putting a bit of the bible thump down until he went full-blown anarchist on me. It's like a bj that turned into a reach-around, And I don't know if im all that comfortable with the situation.

There is always the fear that right-wing (and sometimes left-wing) sponsored false-flag anarchists can devastate what are some of the best people on this planet: the peace and freedom loving true anarchists. Go anarchists!
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 3,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2018 11:18:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
SingularityofLight wrote:
MasonicSlayer wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Leaning wrote:
Sounds like Descartes from what little I've read about other people talking about his ideas. I do claim myself to be a nihilist and claim morality is subjective, So nothing really matters in the end and no morality is really better than any other. But. . . . That's just an. . Esoteric? Abstract? Something? Thought. I do not act as though nothing matters. I'd like to think I do at least the least of the good I can, Ideally more. Behave in a manner I see as moral in the small bubble sort of way. I was raised with ideas and habits of what is good. Simply because I thought to myself one day that this is all pointless doesn't mean my brain is going to smoke and steam and short circuit leaving my body dropped as a puppet with it's strings cut. A human is still going to act as a human, Even if his whys or what are a bit jumbled. A logic bomb is a bit harder to work on a human than a Hollywood robot. Simply because someone tells me a paradox, Doesn't make me freeze up. Though I do believe some humans short circuit themselves with logic or mental illness of the mind. Eh rambling, I appreciate the good will of the thought though.

You were rambling alright! And appealing to the readers sympathies, And hoping they think kindly of you. You haven't done everyone in tbe room yet. But most are leaning your way.

I thought he was putting a bit of the bible thump down until he went full-blown anarchist on me. It's like a bj that turned into a reach-around, And I don't know if im all that comfortable with the situation.

There is always the fear that right-wing (and sometimes left-wing) sponsored false-flag anarchists can devastate what are some of the best people on this planet: the peace and freedom loving true anarchists. Go anarchists!

There is only one problem with anarchists, Because I get why they'd like to overthrow abusive governments. The problem I see them encountering after abolishing all elected figures, Is who will they then elect? Appointments will be needed to run things to restore order, And this just all seems like a lot of work.
SingularityofLight
Posts: 1,915
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2018 11:23:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
MasonicSlayer wrote:
SingularityofLight wrote:
MasonicSlayer wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Leaning wrote:
Sounds like Descartes from what little I've read about other people talking about his ideas. I do claim myself to be a nihilist and claim morality is subjective, So nothing really matters in the end and no morality is really better than any other. But. . . . That's just an. . Esoteric? Abstract? Something? Thought. I do not act as though nothing matters. I'd like to think I do at least the least of the good I can, Ideally more. Behave in a manner I see as moral in the small bubble sort of way. I was raised with ideas and habits of what is good. Simply because I thought to myself one day that this is all pointless doesn't mean my brain is going to smoke and steam and short circuit leaving my body dropped as a puppet with it's strings cut. A human is still going to act as a human, Even if his whys or what are a bit jumbled. A logic bomb is a bit harder to work on a human than a Hollywood robot. Simply because someone tells me a paradox, Doesn't make me freeze up. Though I do believe some humans short circuit themselves with logic or mental illness of the mind. Eh rambling, I appreciate the good will of the thought though.

You were rambling alright! And appealing to the readers sympathies, And hoping they think kindly of you. You haven't done everyone in tbe room yet. But most are leaning your way.

I thought he was putting a bit of the bible thump down until he went full-blown anarchist on me. It's like a bj that turned into a reach-around, And I don't know if im all that comfortable with the situation.

There is always the fear that right-wing (and sometimes left-wing) sponsored false-flag anarchists can devastate what are some of the best people on this planet: the peace and freedom loving true anarchists. Go anarchists!

There is only one problem with anarchists, Because I get why they'd like to overthrow abusive governments. The problem I see them encountering after abolishing all elected figures, Is who will they then elect? Appointments will be needed to run things to restore order, And this just all seems like a lot of work.

First of all, I'm not a material anarchist; I'm a spiritual anarchist. As long as government officials don't present themselves as specially anointed "ministers of God" (with all their prayer breakfasts and bull, Etc. ) and just present themselves as administrators of the will of the people, I don't have a problem with that. I know a lot of anarchists out there aren't clear on this matter with all the deceptions out there, But I love their attempts anyway.
Harikrish
Posts: 28,277
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2018 11:49:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
MasonicSlayer wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Leaning wrote:
Sounds like Descartes from what little I've read about other people talking about his ideas. I do claim myself to be a nihilist and claim morality is subjective, So nothing really matters in the end and no morality is really better than any other. But. . . . That's just an. . Esoteric? Abstract? Something? Thought. I do not act as though nothing matters. I'd like to think I do at least the least of the good I can, Ideally more. Behave in a manner I see as moral in the small bubble sort of way. I was raised with ideas and habits of what is good. Simply because I thought to myself one day that this is all pointless doesn't mean my brain is going to smoke and steam and short circuit leaving my body dropped as a puppet with it's strings cut. A human is still going to act as a human, Even if his whys or what are a bit jumbled. A logic bomb is a bit harder to work on a human than a Hollywood robot. Simply because someone tells me a paradox, Doesn't make me freeze up. Though I do believe some humans short circuit themselves with logic or mental illness of the mind. Eh rambling, I appreciate the good will of the thought though.

You were rambling alright! And appealing to the readers sympathies, And hoping they think kindly of you. You haven't done everyone in tbe room yet. But most are leaning your way.

I thought he was putting a bit of the bible thump down until he went full-blown anarchist on me. It's like a bj that turned into a reach-around, And I don't know if im all that comfortable with the situation.

He has set the expectations high. I think he has many leaning his way anticipating the come with Jesus moment.
anonthegreat
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2018 11:59:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Willows,

Your logic is founded on the assumption that all matter is physical, When Yahweh defines Himself as a Spirt not a body.

To believe God does not exist is really idiotic to reject the testimonies of supernatural power such as channeling, Spirit orbs, Visitation of angles, Near death experiences, An on and on. These are physical experiences that really happen. But because it can't be controlled in a science laboratory, The evidence is ignored. To me, That is a really dumb idea. You are not dumb, But the idea is really dumb.

The word atheist isn't even used correctly. To be anti-God has nothing to do with science, The Bible, Or anything rational. It is not rational to ignore any evidence that exit, But the atheist is not interest in truth, If any evidence is ignored, Such as overwhelming testimonies of unexplainable events and things.

The atheist is just interested in arguing the Bible is false, But he does not do that. He argues with the theologians, Not God. Atheists are anti-Bible not anti-God, Abusing what the word atheist means.

The whole idea of any God (presuming Yahweh is not the Creator), By the definition of God, He cannot be controlled. Science requires controlled conditions in a laboratory. Therefore, The entire argument is flawed and the most stupid idea any one ever created on the planet.

It is really a waste of time to talk to believers that base their ideas on feelings of love and then point out their ideas are irrational logic because they base something on emotion that is not an idea, But it is feeling. It is like saying someone cannot eat an orange because they want to because oranges tastes good to them! Yes, Christians should place their feelings under the evidence, But they don't because they want to believe in God. Who are you to trespass into someone else's feelings to change them?

Wait. I figured it out. The debate makes you feel powerful by arguing ideas against feelings and winning the logic game in a delusion of self-fulfilment, When logic has nothing to do with the argument.
Willows
Posts: 11,576
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2018 8:54:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Leaning wrote:
I am unsure on that part. I have not thought of any terribly reasonable arguments to myself against mocking religion, Though I do have some. Does not appear to be much on the internet in favor of not mocking religion from what I've seen.
http://commonsenseatheism. Com/? P=605

Remember there are different sides to every story and different sides to viewing the same situation.

What you may see as mocking religion I see as exposing the absurdities of religious nutters who mock society with their brand of elitist doom, Gloom, Fear, And guilt through utterly contrived nonsense.

Of course, Religious followers will disagree, However, I put it to you; given that they have absolutely not one shred of evidence or proof of their whacko beliefs and much of what they talk about has been irrefutably disproven, Which side has credibility?

Exposing religion for what it is, Is hardly mocking.

Expounding unjustified and unproven stories about having to idolize a master for fear of suffering eternal punishment is more than mocking the rest of civilized society. It is an affront to decency and morals.

They (hardcore theists) can howl as much as they like, As they invariably do, However, That will not stop me from exposing the hypocrisy, Lies, And deceit that is religion.

It's a bit like road rage really. . . . . The guilty party is the one who yells the most.
Harikrish
Posts: 28,277
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2018 3:25:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Willows wrote:
Leaning wrote:
I am unsure on that part. I have not thought of any terribly reasonable arguments to myself against mocking religion, Though I do have some. Does not appear to be much on the internet in favor of not mocking religion from what I've seen.
http://commonsenseatheism. Com/? P=605

Remember there are different sides to every story and different sides to viewing the same situation.

What you may see as mocking religion I see as exposing the absurdities of religious nutters who mock society with their brand of elitist doom, Gloom, Fear, And guilt through utterly contrived nonsense.

Of course, Religious followers will disagree, However, I put it to you; given that they have absolutely not one shred of evidence or proof of their whacko beliefs and much of what they talk about has been irrefutably disproven, Which side has credibility?

Exposing religion for what it is, Is hardly mocking.

Expounding unjustified and unproven stories about having to idolize a master for fear of suffering eternal punishment is more than mocking the rest of civilized society. It is an affront to decency and morals.

They (hardcore theists) can howl as much as they like, As they invariably do, However, That will not stop me from exposing the hypocrisy, Lies, And deceit that is religion.

It's a bit like road rage really. . . . . The guilty party is the one who yells the most.

Study found most Australians are moving away from religion. The most common reason given for this anti-religion trending was Australians had to go to church if they wanted to enjoy a pedophillia priest. But after decades of secrecy Australians discovered there are many more pedophillias in society and no longer limited to Catholic priests. The law of supply and demand has reduced church attendance.
SingularityofLight
Posts: 1,915
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2018 3:46:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:
Leaning wrote:
I am unsure on that part. I have not thought of any terribly reasonable arguments to myself against mocking religion, Though I do have some. Does not appear to be much on the internet in favor of not mocking religion from what I've seen.
http://commonsenseatheism. Com/? P=605

Remember there are different sides to every story and different sides to viewing the same situation.

What you may see as mocking religion I see as exposing the absurdities of religious nutters who mock society with their brand of elitist doom, Gloom, Fear, And guilt through utterly contrived nonsense.

Of course, Religious followers will disagree, However, I put it to you; given that they have absolutely not one shred of evidence or proof of their whacko beliefs and much of what they talk about has been irrefutably disproven, Which side has credibility?

Exposing religion for what it is, Is hardly mocking.

Expounding unjustified and unproven stories about having to idolize a master for fear of suffering eternal punishment is more than mocking the rest of civilized society. It is an affront to decency and morals.

They (hardcore theists) can howl as much as they like, As they invariably do, However, That will not stop me from exposing the hypocrisy, Lies, And deceit that is religion.

It's a bit like road rage really. . . . . The guilty party is the one who yells the most.

Study found most Australians are moving away from religion. The most common reason given for this anti-religion trending was Australians had to go to church if they wanted to enjoy a pedophillia priest. But after decades of secrecy Australians discovered there are many more pedophillias in society and no longer limited to Catholic priests. The law of supply and demand has reduced church attendance.

It's not just the average priest that molests, The Pope and the Queen of England have been tried and convicted in a European Humanitarian Court system for the systemic rape, Murder, And cannibalism of young children to feed their impoverished Christian souls:
http://humansarefree. Com/2014/04/eyewitnesses-testify-pope-francis-raped. Html
Harikrish
Posts: 28,277
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2018 5:47:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
SingularityofLight wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:
Leaning wrote:
I am unsure on that part. I have not thought of any terribly reasonable arguments to myself against mocking religion, Though I do have some. Does not appear to be much on the internet in favor of not mocking religion from what I've seen.
http://commonsenseatheism. Com/? P=605

Remember there are different sides to every story and different sides to viewing the same situation.

What you may see as mocking religion I see as exposing the absurdities of religious nutters who mock society with their brand of elitist doom, Gloom, Fear, And guilt through utterly contrived nonsense.

Of course, Religious followers will disagree, However, I put it to you; given that they have absolutely not one shred of evidence or proof of their whacko beliefs and much of what they talk about has been irrefutably disproven, Which side has credibility?

Exposing religion for what it is, Is hardly mocking.

Expounding unjustified and unproven stories about having to idolize a master for fear of suffering eternal punishment is more than mocking the rest of civilized society. It is an affront to decency and morals.

They (hardcore theists) can howl as much as they like, As they invariably do, However, That will not stop me from exposing the hypocrisy, Lies, And deceit that is religion.

It's a bit like road rage really. . . . . The guilty party is the one who yells the most.

Study found most Australians are moving away from religion. The most common reason given for this anti-religion trending was Australians had to go to church if they wanted to enjoy a pedophillia priest. But after decades of secrecy Australians discovered there are many more pedophillias in society and no longer limited to Catholic priests. The law of supply and demand has reduced church attendance.

It's not just the average priest that molests, The Pope and the Queen of England have been tried and convicted in a European Humanitarian Court system for the systemic rape, Murder, And cannibalism of young children to feed their impoverished Christian souls:
http://humansarefree. Com/2014/04/eyewitnesses-testify-pope-francis-raped. Html

That is extreme conspiracy propaganda.
SingularityofLight
Posts: 1,915
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2018 5:50:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Harikrish wrote:
SingularityofLight wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:
Leaning wrote:
I am unsure on that part. I have not thought of any terribly reasonable arguments to myself against mocking religion, Though I do have some. Does not appear to be much on the internet in favor of not mocking religion from what I've seen.
http://commonsenseatheism. Com/? P=605

Remember there are different sides to every story and different sides to viewing the same situation.

What you may see as mocking religion I see as exposing the absurdities of religious nutters who mock society with their brand of elitist doom, Gloom, Fear, And guilt through utterly contrived nonsense.

Of course, Religious followers will disagree, However, I put it to you; given that they have absolutely not one shred of evidence or proof of their whacko beliefs and much of what they talk about has been irrefutably disproven, Which side has credibility?

Exposing religion for what it is, Is hardly mocking.

Expounding unjustified and unproven stories about having to idolize a master for fear of suffering eternal punishment is more than mocking the rest of civilized society. It is an affront to decency and morals.

They (hardcore theists) can howl as much as they like, As they invariably do, However, That will not stop me from exposing the hypocrisy, Lies, And deceit that is religion.

It's a bit like road rage really. . . . . The guilty party is the one who yells the most.

Study found most Australians are moving away from religion. The most common reason given for this anti-religion trending was Australians had to go to church if they wanted to enjoy a pedophillia priest. But after decades of secrecy Australians discovered there are many more pedophillias in society and no longer limited to Catholic priests. The law of supply and demand has reduced church attendance.

It's not just the average priest that molests, The Pope and the Queen of England have been tried and convicted in a European Humanitarian Court system for the systemic rape, Murder, And cannibalism of young children to feed their impoverished Christian souls:
http://humansarefree. Com/2014/04/eyewitnesses-testify-pope-francis-raped. Html

That is extreme conspiracy propaganda.

Why would you say that? Did you read the article? Do you not agree with the verdicts? What's your problem?
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 3,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2018 8:05:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
SingularityofLight wrote:
MasonicSlayer wrote:
SingularityofLight wrote:
MasonicSlayer wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Leaning wrote:
Sounds like Descartes from what little I've read about other people talking about his ideas. I do claim myself to be a nihilist and claim morality is subjective, So nothing really matters in the end and no morality is really better than any other. But. . . . That's just an. . Esoteric? Abstract? Something? Thought. I do not act as though nothing matters. I'd like to think I do at least the least of the good I can, Ideally more. Behave in a manner I see as moral in the small bubble sort of way. I was raised with ideas and habits of what is good. Simply because I thought to myself one day that this is all pointless doesn't mean my brain is going to smoke and steam and short circuit leaving my body dropped as a puppet with it's strings cut. A human is still going to act as a human, Even if his whys or what are a bit jumbled. A logic bomb is a bit harder to work on a human than a Hollywood robot. Simply because someone tells me a paradox, Doesn't make me freeze up. Though I do believe some humans short circuit themselves with logic or mental illness of the mind. Eh rambling, I appreciate the good will of the thought though.

You were rambling alright! And appealing to the readers sympathies, And hoping they think kindly of you. You haven't done everyone in tbe room yet. But most are leaning your way.

I thought he was putting a bit of the bible thump down until he went full-blown anarchist on me. It's like a bj that turned into a reach-around, And I don't know if im all that comfortable with the situation.

There is always the fear that right-wing (and sometimes left-wing) sponsored false-flag anarchists can devastate what are some of the best people on this planet: the peace and freedom loving true anarchists. Go anarchists!

There is only one problem with anarchists, Because I get why they'd like to overthrow abusive governments. The problem I see them encountering after abolishing all elected figures, Is who will they then elect? Appointments will be needed to run things to restore order, And this just all seems like a lot of work.

First of all, I'm not a material anarchist; I'm a spiritual anarchist. As long as government officials don't present themselves as specially anointed "ministers of God" (with all their prayer breakfasts and bull, Etc. ) and just present themselves as administrators of the will of the people, I don't have a problem with that. I know a lot of anarchists out there aren't clear on this matter with all the deceptions out there, But I love their attempts anyway.

I hear that word a lot from people saying how spiritual they are. I don't even know what that means. It's impossible for me to be spiritual within this world. And it's a good thing too, Because it's the whole dynamics to the physicality thats binding me from my higher existence. The upside here is i get to do things my spiritual side wouldnt.

It's impossible to comprehend what im saying unless you can step into a Trinitarian's position. I make a distinction between a soul and a spirit. I believe I have both. Even the Bible says that God has the power to pierce the dividing asunder of soul and spirit. . . Whatever that means. I just know my soul is what's used within all worlds within time. My spirit dwells on the outside of the universe, Wherein time does not exist. And that's the key. That's why my soul could never be held to the higher standards taken for granted by my spirit.

Time is a highly misunderstood concept, Even in this age of accepted quantum physics. Time is nothing but a major headache.
SingularityofLight
Posts: 1,915
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2018 2:13:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
MasonicSlayer wrote:
SingularityofLight wrote:
MasonicSlayer wrote:
SingularityofLight wrote:
MasonicSlayer wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Leaning wrote:
Sounds like Descartes from what little I've read about other people talking about his ideas. I do claim myself to be a nihilist and claim morality is subjective, So nothing really matters in the end and no morality is really better than any other. But. . . . That's just an. . Esoteric? Abstract? Something? Thought. I do not act as though nothing matters. I'd like to think I do at least the least of the good I can, Ideally more. Behave in a manner I see as moral in the small bubble sort of way. I was raised with ideas and habits of what is good. Simply because I thought to myself one day that this is all pointless doesn't mean my brain is going to smoke and steam and short circuit leaving my body dropped as a puppet with it's strings cut. A human is still going to act as a human, Even if his whys or what are a bit jumbled. A logic bomb is a bit harder to work on a human than a Hollywood robot. Simply because someone tells me a paradox, Doesn't make me freeze up. Though I do believe some humans short circuit themselves with logic or mental illness of the mind. Eh rambling, I appreciate the good will of the thought though.

You were rambling alright! And appealing to the readers sympathies, And hoping they think kindly of you. You haven't done everyone in tbe room yet. But most are leaning your way.

I thought he was putting a bit of the bible thump down until he went full-blown anarchist on me. It's like a bj that turned into a reach-around, And I don't know if im all that comfortable with the situation.

There is always the fear that right-wing (and sometimes left-wing) sponsored false-flag anarchists can devastate what are some of the best people on this planet: the peace and freedom loving true anarchists. Go anarchists!

There is only one problem with anarchists, Because I get why they'd like to overthrow abusive governments. The problem I see them encountering after abolishing all elected figures, Is who will they then elect? Appointments will be needed to run things to restore order, And this just all seems like a lot of work.

First of all, I'm not a material anarchist; I'm a spiritual anarchist. As long as government officials don't present themselves as specially anointed "ministers of God" (with all their prayer breakfasts and bull, Etc. ) and just present themselves as administrators of the will of the people, I don't have a problem with that. I know a lot of anarchists out there aren't clear on this matter with all the deceptions out there, But I love their attempts anyway.

I hear that word a lot from people saying how spiritual they are. I don't even know what that means. It's impossible for me to be spiritual within this world. And it's a good thing too, Because it's the whole dynamics to the physicality thats binding me from my higher existence. The upside here is i get to do things my spiritual side wouldnt.

It's impossible to comprehend what im saying unless you can step into a Trinitarian's position. I make a distinction between a soul and a spirit. I believe I have both. Even the Bible says that God has the power to pierce the dividing asunder of soul and spirit. . . Whatever that means. I just know my soul is what's used within all worlds within time. My spirit dwells on the outside of the universe, Wherein time does not exist. And that's the key. That's why my soul could never be held to the higher standards taken for granted by my spirit.

Time is a highly misunderstood concept, Even in this age of accepted quantum physics. Time is nothing but a major headache.

I know what it is like to be a believer in the Trinity because I was once a strong believer. After investigating the Bible and its fruits (the church), I began to have serious doubts. After many years of investigation, And my soul and consciousness began to decline, I knew I needed to get out of that ship fast or it would suck out the remaining strength that I had to flee Christianity before it was too late. Luckily, Through contemplative searching, I experienced a being that is far more powerful than the spirits associated with Christian trinity, And it saved me through its infinite light.
Willows
Posts: 11,576
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2018 6:12:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Leaning wrote:
http://existentialcomics. Com/comic/9

I like that.

Perhaps I could go around wearing a leotard and cape with "F" emblazoned on my chest.

When a boofhead twice my size tells me to **** off I shall let him know that he made an ad hominem attack.

He would then correct me by stating "the world is about to be minus a hominem".

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.