Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Nitpicking

Willows
Posts: 11,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2018 10:30:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
In our latest installment of Helpful Tips For Religious Fanatics we look at a very handy tool for diverting the topic.

Theists will use this tactic for well, Just about any comment that challenges their belief since, In reality, There is no really tenable argument in reply, Is there?

Anyways, Here's an example as to how it works. . . . . . . . .

Atheist: Believers in God are ignorant.

Theist: What the heck are you talking about. Not all believers are ignorant since I know of at least two or three who aren't. So it just goes to show that you are a. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Etc.

So, You see that in this scenario the theist tactfully segued into an ad hominem attack; he is hitting the atheist with a double whammy.

You have to remember that thinking, Caring atheists (at least, Most) are not ignorant so, You need to come out with all guns blazing.
SingularityofLight
Posts: 1,915
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2018 10:45:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Don't you think the attack by the atheist in this case is unnecessarily inflammatory? What if faith, When it is living, Is an unperceivable knowledge? You can't prove it isn't. Wouldn't "I believe Believers in God are ignorant" be a truer statement?
Willows
Posts: 11,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2018 11:00:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
SingularityofLight wrote:
Don't you think the attack by the atheist in this case is unnecessarily inflammatory? What if faith, When it is living, Is an unperceivable knowledge? You can't prove it isn't. Wouldn't "I believe Believers in God are ignorant" be a truer statement?

It is only inflammatory to the guilty party, For example. . . . . . .

Detective: You are a murderer.

Suspect: That is an unnecessary inflammatory attack.

You are also using the absurdity of "claiming the inability to disprove something that is unproven in the first place" which I covered in "Helpful Tips For Religious Fanatics".

You hit me with a double whammy there. . . . . . . Certainly coming out with them guns-a-blazing, Aren't you?
I'm up for it though, I enjoy a good challenge and I think that this is how we constructively thrash out our ideas.

I think you do realise, However, That although my points are quite colorful and deliberately brazen my intention is to deliver a valid, Relevant message.
SingularityofLight
Posts: 1,915
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2018 11:05:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Willows wrote:
SingularityofLight wrote:
Don't you think the attack by the atheist in this case is unnecessarily inflammatory? What if faith, When it is living, Is an unperceivable knowledge? You can't prove it isn't. Wouldn't "I believe Believers in God are ignorant" be a truer statement?

It is only inflammatory to the guilty party, For example. . . . . . .

Detective: You are a murderer.

Suspect: That is an unnecessary inflammatory attack.

You are also using the absurdity of "claiming the inability to disprove something that is unproven in the first place" which I covered in "Helpful Tips For Religious Fanatics".

You hit me with a double whammy there. . . . . . . Certainly coming out with them guns-a-blazing, Aren't you?
I'm up for it though, I enjoy a good challenge and I think that this is how we constructively thrash out our ideas.

I think you do realise, However, That although my points are quite colorful and deliberately brazen my intention is to deliver a valid, Relevant message.

I think you want it all your way, Willows, And you aren't at all open minded when it comes to theists. It is not an absurdity to point out that atheists can not prove there is no spiritual realm. You just hammer home a fallacious attack that many atheists make.
BrutalTruth
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2018 12:15:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm an atheist, Yet I agree with the Christian here. Atheists who outright claim there is no god are just as ignorant and delusional as Christians who claim there is one. They're also hypocrites, If they use the "you can't prove there is a god" argument against Christians, Because as Singularity adequately put, You can't prove there isn't one. The reason belief in a god is delusional has nothing to do with whether or not there actually IS a god. It has to do with whether or not it can be proven/empirically perceived. Atheists who claim they can know there is no god are simply intellectually dishonest.
SingularityofLight
Posts: 1,915
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2018 12:22:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
BrutalTruth wrote:
I'm an atheist, Yet I agree with the Christian here. Atheists who outright claim there is no god are just as ignorant and delusional as Christians who claim there is one. They're also hypocrites, If they use the "you can't prove there is a god" argument against Christians, Because as Singularity adequately put, You can't prove there isn't one. The reason belief in a god is delusional has nothing to do with whether or not there actually IS a god. It has to do with whether or not it can be proven/empirically perceived. Atheists who claim they can know there is no god are simply intellectually dishonest.

Just as a point of clarity, I'm not a Christian. I hate Christianity and the Abrahamic religions. I am a theist, However.
Willows
Posts: 11,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2018 2:00:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
BrutalTruth wrote:
I'm an atheist, Yet I agree with the Christian here. Atheists who outright claim there is no god are just as ignorant and delusional as Christians who claim there is one. They're also hypocrites, If they use the "you can't prove there is a god" argument against Christians, Because as Singularity adequately put, You can't prove there isn't one. The reason belief in a god is delusional has nothing to do with whether or not there actually IS a god. It has to do with whether or not it can be proven/empirically perceived. Atheists who claim they can know there is no god are simply intellectually dishonest.

You are technically way off the mark there.

Atheists are quite entitled (without being arrogant) to state that there is no God just as they or anybody else is entitled to state that there are no goblins, Fairies or any other ridiculous contrivances you could think of.

The reason is that, In each case, There is absolutely no evidence to support its existence.

It would be an utterly ridiculous world we live in if any stupid notion any idiot comes up with is somehow valid purely because it can't be proven.

In any case, Perhaps you could explain how anyone is going to disprove something that is not proven in the first place.
SingularityofLight
Posts: 1,915
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2018 2:02:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Willows wrote:
BrutalTruth wrote:
I'm an atheist, Yet I agree with the Christian here. Atheists who outright claim there is no god are just as ignorant and delusional as Christians who claim there is one. They're also hypocrites, If they use the "you can't prove there is a god" argument against Christians, Because as Singularity adequately put, You can't prove there isn't one. The reason belief in a god is delusional has nothing to do with whether or not there actually IS a god. It has to do with whether or not it can be proven/empirically perceived. Atheists who claim they can know there is no god are simply intellectually dishonest.

You are technically way off the mark there.

Atheists are quite entitled (without being arrogant) to state that there is no God just as they or anybody else is entitled to state that there are no goblins, Fairies or any other ridiculous contrivances you could think of.

The reason is that, In each case, There is absolutely no evidence to support its existence.

It would be an utterly ridiculous world we live in if any stupid notion any idiot comes up with is somehow valid purely because it can't be proven.

In any case, Perhaps you could explain how anyone is going to disprove something that is not proven in the first place.

Since you are hitting this idea in two threads, Willows, Please, Tell us where you would like to continue it:

Anecdotal evidence does have a place in this world. It"s used in court; it"s used to initiate scientific exploration; it"s used in everyday logic and concourse with others. Perhaps the majority of the world believes in spiritual beings because they claim to either "feel them, " "sixth sense them, " have faith in them that makes them feel better, Etc. You can wash that all down the drain if you choose to, But it has relevancy on this earth whether you want it to or not.
Willows
Posts: 11,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2018 4:40:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
SingularityofLight wrote:
Willows wrote:
BrutalTruth wrote:
I'm an atheist, Yet I agree with the Christian here. Atheists who outright claim there is no god are just as ignorant and delusional as Christians who claim there is one. They're also hypocrites, If they use the "you can't prove there is a god" argument against Christians, Because as Singularity adequately put, You can't prove there isn't one. The reason belief in a god is delusional has nothing to do with whether or not there actually IS a god. It has to do with whether or not it can be proven/empirically perceived. Atheists who claim they can know there is no god are simply intellectually dishonest.

You are technically way off the mark there.

Atheists are quite entitled (without being arrogant) to state that there is no God just as they or anybody else is entitled to state that there are no goblins, Fairies or any other ridiculous contrivances you could think of.

The reason is that, In each case, There is absolutely no evidence to support its existence.

It would be an utterly ridiculous world we live in if any stupid notion any idiot comes up with is somehow valid purely because it can't be proven.

In any case, Perhaps you could explain how anyone is going to disprove something that is not proven in the first place.

Since you are hitting this idea in two threads, Willows, Please, Tell us where you would like to continue it:

Anecdotal evidence does have a place in this world. It"s used in court; it"s used to initiate scientific exploration; it"s used in everyday logic and concourse with others. Perhaps the majority of the world believes in spiritual beings because they claim to either "feel them, " "sixth sense them, " have faith in them that makes them feel better, Etc. You can wash that all down the drain if you choose to, But it has relevancy on this earth whether you want it to or not.

Talk about all guns blazing. . . . . Now you are conflagrating by conflating. . . . . Shame!

Anecdotal accounts of God, Boogyman, Thor or whatever are one thing.
Feeling them or having a "sixth sense" (whatever one deems that to be) is another.
Placing the two together does not in any way add any credence or weight to whatever myth one is trying to justify since each has no substance.

Now let's throw in the well-trodden"appeal to authority" and the evergreen "ad populum fallacy" to the mix in a vain attempt at bolstering the argument, Shall we?

Even ultra-intelligent people are no less susceptible to being naive and gullible than anyone else. You could have a billion people believing the same thing and that adds no credence whatsoever.
Millions of people believed in whiches and conducted witch hunts not long ago. Did that make the existence of witches so?
SingularityofLight
Posts: 1,915
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2018 4:46:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Willows wrote:
SingularityofLight wrote:
Willows wrote:
BrutalTruth wrote:
I'm an atheist, Yet I agree with the Christian here. Atheists who outright claim there is no god are just as ignorant and delusional as Christians who claim there is one. They're also hypocrites, If they use the "you can't prove there is a god" argument against Christians, Because as Singularity adequately put, You can't prove there isn't one. The reason belief in a god is delusional has nothing to do with whether or not there actually IS a god. It has to do with whether or not it can be proven/empirically perceived. Atheists who claim they can know there is no god are simply intellectually dishonest.

You are technically way off the mark there.

Atheists are quite entitled (without being arrogant) to state that there is no God just as they or anybody else is entitled to state that there are no goblins, Fairies or any other ridiculous contrivances you could think of.

The reason is that, In each case, There is absolutely no evidence to support its existence.

It would be an utterly ridiculous world we live in if any stupid notion any idiot comes up with is somehow valid purely because it can't be proven.

In any case, Perhaps you could explain how anyone is going to disprove something that is not proven in the first place.

Since you are hitting this idea in two threads, Willows, Please, Tell us where you would like to continue it:

Anecdotal evidence does have a place in this world. It"s used in court; it"s used to initiate scientific exploration; it"s used in everyday logic and concourse with others. Perhaps the majority of the world believes in spiritual beings because they claim to either "feel them, " "sixth sense them, " have faith in them that makes them feel better, Etc. You can wash that all down the drain if you choose to, But it has relevancy on this earth whether you want it to or not.

Talk about all guns blazing. . . . . Now you are conflagrating by conflating. . . . . Shame!

Anecdotal accounts of God, Boogyman, Thor or whatever are one thing.
Feeling them or having a "sixth sense" (whatever one deems that to be) is another.
Placing the two together does not in any way add any credence or weight to whatever myth one is trying to justify since each has no substance.

Now let's throw in the well-trodden"appeal to authority" and the evergreen "ad populum fallacy" to the mix in a vain attempt at bolstering the argument, Shall we?

Even ultra-intelligent people are no less susceptible to being naive and gullible than anyone else. You could have a billion people believing the same thing and that adds no credence whatsoever.
Millions of people believed in whiches and conducted witch hunts not long ago. Did that make the existence of witches so?

Yes, Billions of people having anecdotal evidence of spiritual experiences does had weight to the argument of whether or not a spiritual realm exists. You just don't want to accept this. Stop trying to shame people, And take a look at yourself for a change.
Willows
Posts: 11,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2018 5:17:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
SingularityofLight wrote:
Willows wrote:
SingularityofLight wrote:
Willows wrote:
BrutalTruth wrote:
I'm an atheist, Yet I agree with the Christian here. Atheists who outright claim there is no god are just as ignorant and delusional as Christians who claim there is one. They're also hypocrites, If they use the "you can't prove there is a god" argument against Christians, Because as Singularity adequately put, You can't prove there isn't one. The reason belief in a god is delusional has nothing to do with whether or not there actually IS a god. It has to do with whether or not it can be proven/empirically perceived. Atheists who claim they can know there is no god are simply intellectually dishonest.

You are technically way off the mark there.

Atheists are quite entitled (without being arrogant) to state that there is no God just as they or anybody else is entitled to state that there are no goblins, Fairies or any other ridiculous contrivances you could think of.

The reason is that, In each case, There is absolutely no evidence to support its existence.

It would be an utterly ridiculous world we live in if any stupid notion any idiot comes up with is somehow valid purely because it can't be proven.

In any case, Perhaps you could explain how anyone is going to disprove something that is not proven in the first place.

Since you are hitting this idea in two threads, Willows, Please, Tell us where you would like to continue it:

Anecdotal evidence does have a place in this world. It"s used in court; it"s used to initiate scientific exploration; it"s used in everyday logic and concourse with others. Perhaps the majority of the world believes in spiritual beings because they claim to either "feel them, " "sixth sense them, " have faith in them that makes them feel better, Etc. You can wash that all down the drain if you choose to, But it has relevancy on this earth whether you want it to or not.

Talk about all guns blazing. . . . . Now you are conflagrating by conflating. . . . . Shame!

Anecdotal accounts of God, Boogyman, Thor or whatever are one thing.
Feeling them or having a "sixth sense" (whatever one deems that to be) is another.
Placing the two together does not in any way add any credence or weight to whatever myth one is trying to justify since each has no substance.

Now let's throw in the well-trodden"appeal to authority" and the evergreen "ad populum fallacy" to the mix in a vain attempt at bolstering the argument, Shall we?

Even ultra-intelligent people are no less susceptible to being naive and gullible than anyone else. You could have a billion people believing the same thing and that adds no credence whatsoever.
Millions of people believed in whiches and conducted witch hunts not long ago. Did that make the existence of witches so?

Yes, Billions of people having anecdotal evidence of spiritual experiences does had weight to the argument of whether or not a spiritual realm exists. You just don't want to accept this. Stop trying to shame people, And take a look at yourself for a change.

And, When all else fails, Use the ad hominem attack.

Yes, You've looked up all the fallacies and used them and as per my "premonition" in "Helpful Tips For Religious Fanatics", Out comes the personal attack because of lack of any further argument.

Even after I clearly (and correctly) illustrated that millions of people believed in witches you repeated (completely ignoring the example) the same ad populum fallacy to make the same invalid point.

There is probably a term for that sort of tactic. . . . . "the try it once again in the hope that nobody notices" trick.
SingularityofLight
Posts: 1,915
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2018 5:27:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At Willows wrote:
SingularityofLight wrote:
Willows wrote:
SingularityofLight wrote:
Willows wrote:
BrutalTruth wrote:
I'm an atheist, Yet I agree with the Christian here. Atheists who outright claim there is no god are just as ignorant and delusional as Christians who claim there is one. They're also hypocrites, If they use the "you can't prove there is a god" argument against Christians, Because as Singularity adequately put, You can't prove there isn't one. The reason belief in a god is delusional has nothing to do with whether or not there actually IS a god. It has to do with whether or not it can be proven/empirically perceived. Atheists who claim they can know there is no god are simply intellectually dishonest.

You are technically way off the mark there.

Atheists are quite entitled (without being arrogant) to state that there is no God just as they or anybody else is entitled to state that there are no goblins, Fairies or any other ridiculous contrivances you could think of.

The reason is that, In each case, There is absolutely no evidence to support its existence.

It would be an utterly ridiculous world we live in if any stupid notion any idiot comes up with is somehow valid purely because it can't be proven.

In any case, Perhaps you could explain how anyone is going to disprove something that is not proven in the first place.

Since you are hitting this idea in two threads, Willows, Please, Tell us where you would like to continue it:

Anecdotal evidence does have a place in this world. It"s used in court; it"s used to initiate scientific exploration; it"s used in everyday logic and concourse with others. Perhaps the majority of the world believes in spiritual beings because they claim to either "feel them, " "sixth sense them, " have faith in them that makes them feel better, Etc. You can wash that all down the drain if you choose to, But it has relevancy on this earth whether you want it to or not.

Talk about all guns blazing. . . . . Now you are conflagrating by conflating. . . . . Shame!

Anecdotal accounts of God, Boogyman, Thor or whatever are one thing.
Feeling them or having a "sixth sense" (whatever one deems that to be) is another.
Placing the two together does not in any way add any credence or weight to whatever myth one is trying to justify since each has no substance.

Now let's throw in the well-trodden"appeal to authority" and the evergreen "ad populum fallacy" to the mix in a vain attempt at bolstering the argument, Shall we?

Even ultra-intelligent people are no less susceptible to being naive and gullible than anyone else. You could have a billion people believing the same thing and that adds no credence whatsoever.
Millions of people believed in whiches and conducted witch hunts not long ago. Did that make the existence of witches so?

Yes, Billions of people having anecdotal evidence of spiritual experiences does had weight to the argument of whether or not a spiritual realm exists. You just don't want to accept this. Stop trying to shame people, And take a look at yourself for a change.

And, When all else fails, Use the ad hominem attack.

Yes, You've looked up all the fallacies and used them and as per my "premonition" in "Helpful Tips For Religious Fanatics", Out comes the personal attack because of lack of any further argument.

Even after I clearly (and correctly) illustrated that millions of people believed in witches you repeated (completely ignoring the example) the same ad populum fallacy to make the same invalid point.

There is probably a term for that sort of tactic. . . . . "the try it once again in the hope that nobody notices" trick.

To you it is ad populum fallacy, To others it is consensus truth. I don't believe that consensus truth is always completely true, Or even sometimes partly true. But it does potentially add some weight as Anecdotal evidence, Something who want to completely ignore. Do you believe in the power of Democracy, Willows? Because Democracy is built on the idea that the opinions of the many are usually the best way forward for society, Not the opinions of the few.
BrutalTruth
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2018 2:11:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I see I'm going to have to put it in simpler terms in order for you to understand. So be it:

Imagine that you're a primitive tribesman from Africa who has never seen a computer, Or even heard of one's existence. Imagine someone on a hunting safari comes up to you and says he saw your picture on a computer. You, Being the inherently ignorant savage that you are, Laugh in the person's face and call them a delusional idiot. You feel justified in claiming there is no such thing as a "computer" because you've never empirically perceived one, And the notion of such a thing existing, To a primitive savage such as yourself, Seems obviously preposterous.

The person on the safari didn't bring a computer with them, And had no ability to get one in order to prove computers do exist. Therefore, By your logic, You are, In this case, Correct in claiming that computers don't exist.

Are you getting the idea of why I'm laughing at you right now? A person who claims something exists simply because it lies outside of their experience is truly an idiot. That means you, Good sir.
Harikrish
Posts: 28,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2018 6:32:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
BrutalTruth wrote:
I see I'm going to have to put it in simpler terms in order for you to understand. So be it:

Imagine that you're a primitive tribesman from Africa who has never seen a computer, Or even heard of one's existence. Imagine someone on a hunting safari comes up to you and says he saw your picture on a computer. You, Being the inherently ignorant savage that you are, Laugh in the person's face and call them a delusional idiot. You feel justified in claiming there is no such thing as a "computer" because you've never empirically perceived one, And the notion of such a thing existing, To a primitive savage such as yourself, Seems obviously preposterous.

The person on the safari didn't bring a computer with them, And had no ability to get one in order to prove computers do exist. Therefore, By your logic, You are, In this case, Correct in claiming that computers don't exist.

Are you getting the idea of why I'm laughing at you right now? A person who claims something exists simply because it lies outside of their experience is truly an idiot. That means you, Good sir.

Please rephrase you ad hominem attack. You appear to be saying something quite different from what you intended to say.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 3,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2018 10:40:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
BrutalTruth wrote:
Yeah I meant to say "A person who claims something doesn't exist. "

Whatever that means it's doing a fantastic job of confusing the issues. This safari story is lacking credibility. Why didn't this man have a smartphone to pull out as proof?
BrutalTruth
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2018 11:01:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Funny. Listen, The point is you don't know either way. Can you say all bats are nocturnal? No, You can't, Because you can't verify that you've encountered every bat in existence. Can you say all swans are white? Again no, Because you can't verify that you've encountered every swan in existence. If you say all swans are white, All bats are nocturnal, Or gods don't exist, You are making an assumption, And, As I'm sure you already know, Assumptions are born of ignorance.

Any atheist(or anyone else) who claims gods don't exist are just as delusional as theists who claim they do.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 3,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2018 12:23:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
BrutalTruth wrote:
Funny. Listen, The point is you don't know either way. Can you say all bats are nocturnal? No, You can't, Because you can't verify that you've encountered every bat in existence. Can you say all swans are white? Again no, Because you can't verify that you've encountered every swan in existence. If you say all swans are white, All bats are nocturnal, Or gods don't exist, You are making an assumption, And, As I'm sure you already know, Assumptions are born of ignorance.

Any atheist(or anyone else) who claims gods don't exist are just as delusional as theists who claim they do.

Sounds like somebody needs a subscription to a National Geographic magazine, Or a day at the zoo even, Duh. . . Sonething with pictures of animals in it.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 3,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2018 12:27:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The point is, Can you say all atheists are atheists, Because how could you know unless youve met all atheists(? )
Harikrish
Posts: 28,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2018 3:40:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
BrutalTruth wrote:
Funny. Listen, The point is you don't know either way. Can you say all bats are nocturnal? No, You can't, Because you can't verify that you've encountered every bat in existence. Can you say all swans are white? Again no, Because you can't verify that you've encountered every swan in existence. If you say all swans are white, All bats are nocturnal, Or gods don't exist, You are making an assumption, And, As I'm sure you already know, Assumptions are born of ignorance.

Any atheist(or anyone else) who claims gods don't exist are just as delusional as theists who claim they do.

If theists are delusional for claiming God exists, Most Atheists will accept their condition. There, I fixed your circular logic.
Willows
Posts: 11,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2018 11:10:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
MasonicSlayer wrote:
The point is, Can you say all atheists are atheists, Because how could you know unless youve met all atheists(? )

Derrrrrr. . . . . . Are you having a blond moment, Or what?
Willows
Posts: 11,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2018 11:19:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
BrutalTruth wrote:
Funny. Listen, The point is you don't know either way. Can you say all bats are nocturnal? No, You can't, Because you can't verify that you've encountered every bat in existence. Can you say all swans are white? Again no, Because you can't verify that you've encountered every swan in existence. If you say all swans are white, All bats are nocturnal, Or gods don't exist, You are making an assumption, And, As I'm sure you already know, Assumptions are born of ignorance.

Any atheist(or anyone else) who claims gods don't exist are just as delusional as theists who claim they do. I am afraid that your logic here is completely flawed.

It seems that you are confusing the "anything is possible fallacy" by trying to validate something.

Then you are using a non sequitur to state that atheists are delusional.

Where the heck do you get your (complete lack of) reasoning from. . . . . Goofy comics?
Willows
Posts: 11,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2018 11:23:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
BrutalTruth wrote:
I see I'm going to have to put it in simpler terms in order for you to understand. So be it:

Imagine that you're a primitive tribesman from Africa who has never seen a computer, Or even heard of one's existence. Imagine someone on a hunting safari comes up to you and says he saw your picture on a computer. You, Being the inherently ignorant savage that you are, Laugh in the person's face and call them a delusional idiot. You feel justified in claiming there is no such thing as a "computer" because you've never empirically perceived one, And the notion of such a thing existing, To a primitive savage such as yourself, Seems obviously preposterous.

The person on the safari didn't bring a computer with them, And had no ability to get one in order to prove computers do exist. Therefore, By your logic, You are, In this case, Correct in claiming that computers don't exist.

Are you getting the idea of why I'm laughing at you right now? A person who claims something exists simply because it lies outside of their experience is truly an idiot. That means you, Good sir.

Yep. . . . I'm sure that one comes straight out of "The Adventures of the Fabulous Fury Freak Borothers".

You have to be very careful with hydroponic.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 3,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2018 11:32:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Willows wrote:
MasonicSlayer wrote:
The point is, Can you say all atheists are atheists, Because how could you know unless youve met all atheists(? )

Derrrrrr. . . . . . Are you having a blond moment, Or what?

My head it full of complicated psychology. It's best to just leave it alone.
Willows
Posts: 11,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2018 11:42:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
MasonicSlayer wrote:
Willows wrote:
MasonicSlayer wrote:
The point is, Can you say all atheists are atheists, Because how could you know unless youve met all atheists(? )

Derrrrrr. . . . . . Are you having a blond moment, Or what?

My head it full of complicated psychology. It's best to just leave it alone.

Quite right. . . I know exactly how you feel.
I find that a generous dose of Jose Cuervo to dull the senses a bit helps a lot.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 3,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2018 12:07:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Willows wrote:
MasonicSlayer wrote:
Willows wrote:
MasonicSlayer wrote:
The point is, Can you say all atheists are atheists, Because how could you know unless youve met all atheists(? )

Derrrrrr. . . . . . Are you having a blond moment, Or what?

My head it full of complicated psychology. It's best to just leave it alone.

Quite right. . . I know exactly how you feel.
I find that a generous dose of Jose Cuervo to dull the senses a bit helps a lot.

That's hardcore for me. Sip down a bottle of chilled wine more my speed, But just the speed is good enough
BrutalTruth
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2018 12:41:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
@Willow

There's actually no such fallacy as "anything is possible. " I think you're referring to "appeal to probability, " which is incompatible with my argument, As I am not saying gods exist.

My reasoning comes from the reality that your are a human, And humans are not omniscient, Thus cannot prove a negative. It's quite simple: You cannot prove gods don't exist, Thus you cannot know gods don't exist. Are you of insufficient intellect to comprehend this basic concept of human reality?
BrutalTruth
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2018 4:49:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
@Willow

One more thing I forgot to add: If you'd like to talk about fallacies, We can, As you've committed one. Your argument is "there's no definitive proof that a god exists, So gods must not exist. " That statement commits the fallacy of "appeal to ignorance, " thus it is completely false. Why? Because of my argument: Just because you can't prove something exists doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It means you can't know whether or not it does.

Very simple debate concepts brother. Look it up.
Willows
Posts: 11,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2018 10:07:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
BrutalTruth wrote:
@Willow

There's actually no such fallacy as "anything is possible. " I think you're referring to "appeal to probability, " which is incompatible with my argument, As I am not saying gods exist.

My reasoning comes from the reality that your are a human, And humans are not omniscient, Thus cannot prove a negative. It's quite simple: You cannot prove gods don't exist, Thus you cannot know gods don't exist. Are you of insufficient intellect to comprehend this basic concept of human reality?

Non sequitur.
In "simple common sense reality" and what I would call the laws of absurdity. I can know that Gods don't exist because I know that the notion of a God is a contrivance that never even took off the ground so far as validity goes.
Similar to green pigs with wings. . . . I do know that they don't exist and, Just like God, I can bet my bottom dollar on it.
If I lose the bet I will end up with egg on my face.

But, That won't happen.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.