Jump to topic:

Is Preaching An Abomination?

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2018 2:52:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
When someone of authority preaches about an imminent danger we take heed and act accordingly.

For example, I live in an area where there can be and have been many extreme and deadly dangerous bushfires. The Fire service issue warnings and advice on the best plans for survival to avoid a fate worse than. . . . . . Well. . . . . . That segues the point of the thread.

A religious preacher issues advice to his or her followers about the imminent danger about to befall all of mankind and that they must follow a particular path in order to avoid a fate that is Hell.

The preacher may be in a position of (religious) authority, However, Isn't the information upon which he bases his or her warnings incorrect?

There is not one single piece of valid information to base the precepts of there being an afterlife, A heaven or Hell, Let alone, An omnipotent master.

Is the preacher not, In effect telling followers lies and deceiving them, Knowing full well that the information given to them is no more than contrivances and hearsay speculation?

I have no doubt that some (and very few at that) preachers believe what they say is (verifiably) true and feel they are "saving" their gullible flock from damnation in which case they (preachers and followers) are clearly deluded.

How would you feel if, Say, You live in the Arctic Circle and a Fire Service officer gathered the community and preached of the imminent threat of bushfires?
SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2018 3:03:59 AM
Willows wrote:
When someone of authority preaches about an imminent danger we take heed and act accordingly.

For example, I live in an area where there can be and have been many extreme and deadly dangerous bushfires. The Fire service issue warnings and advice on the best plans for survival to avoid a fate worse than. . . . . . Well. . . . . . That segues the point of the thread.

A religious preacher issues advice to his or her followers about the imminent danger about to befall all of mankind and that they must follow a particular path in order to avoid a fate that is Hell.

The preacher may be in a position of (religious) authority, However, Isn't the information upon which he bases his or her warnings incorrect?

There is not one single piece of valid information to base the precepts of there being an afterlife, A heaven or Hell, Let alone, An omnipotent master.

Is the preacher not, In effect telling followers lies and deceiving them, Knowing full well that the information given to them is no more than contrivances and hearsay speculation?

I have no doubt that some (and very few at that) preachers believe what they say is (verifiably) true and feel they are "saving" their gullible flock from damnation in which case they (preachers and followers) are clearly deluded.

How would you feel if, Say, You live in the Arctic Circle and a Fire Service officer gathered the community and preached of the imminent threat of bushfires?

Yes, Preaching is the biggest abomination that has ever befelled the human race.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2018 4:49:29 AM
SingularityofLight wrote:
Willows wrote:

Yes, Preaching is the biggest abomination that has ever befelled the human race.

In this context yes.

I have nothing against preaching per say. . . . We all want to and have a right to get our point across.
But when it comes to inciting fear and hatred through lies deceit and ignorance, I draw the line.

Thank God that both Billy Graham and Adolf Hitler are gone. . . .
. . . . . And thank God I'm an atheist.
SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2018 4:51:04 AM
Willows wrote:
Willows wrote:

In this context yes.

I have nothing against preaching per say. . . . We all want to and have a right to get our point across.
But when it comes to inciting fear and hatred through lies deceit and ignorance, I draw the line.

I don't deny that you might one of the 51 percent of the lucky ones.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2018 2:23:56 PM
Willows wrote:
Willows wrote:

In this context yes.

There goes another Atheist thanking God. What is it for this time, Koala brothels or virgin New Zealand sheep?
SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2018 2:38:28 PM
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:
Willows wrote:

In this context yes.

There goes another Atheist thanking God. What is it for this time, Koala brothels or virgin New Zealand sheep?

I love you Harikrish, But your conscience could use some softening at times. I understand you have to be brutal with abusive atheists and theists when they are being abusive. . But why do you constantly beat people down even when they are being truthful?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2018 2:51:00 PM
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:
Willows wrote:

In this context yes.

I love you Harikrish, But your conscience could use some softening at times. I understand you have to be brutal with abusive atheists and theists when they are being abusive. . But why do you constantly beat people down even when they are being truthful?

My aboriginal ancestors lost some prime beach property in Australia to some white Christian convicts. Turning atheist doesnt absolve them of their past crimes.
SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2018 2:52:55 PM
Harikrish wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:
Willows wrote:

In this context yes.

My aboriginal ancestors lost some prime beach property in Australia to some white Christian convicts. Turning atheist doesnt absolve them of their past crimes.

All of Western Civilization can be blamed for violating indigenous people. Why take it out on Willows?
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2018 4:08:44 PM
Europeans come to America - the land of the free - and wipe out all the Indians, But then bring Jesus in like a bar of soap, Who then gets blamed by singleofstupidity, Is Jesus. . . Like Jesus had anything to do with it. Homie got a real dumbazz brain.
SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2018 4:13:04 PM
MasonicSlayer wrote:
Europeans come to America - the land of the free - and wipe out all the Indians, But then bring Jesus in like a bar of soap, Who then gets blamed by singleofstupidity, Is Jesus. . . Like Jesus had anything to do with it. Homie got a real dumbazz brain.

Interesting you are becoming more incoherent by the second. I thought there was only one spirit, Part unconscious murderous Jesus and part conscious wonder boy Jesus in the heavens. So are you now admitting there is more than one spirit at work?
SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2018 4:27:42 PM
Died for their sins? Or rather died in sin for telling everyone to abandon the freedom of their consciences for corrupt men, Spirits, Bibles, And churches.
SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2018 4:37:27 PM
Harikrish wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:
Willows wrote:

In this context yes.

Your more in depth post about indigenous people got deleted, Even though I saw it and responded to it. What's going on with this site? Not only does it not post at times, But it removes posts after they have been posted. It's annoying because that was a good post you made. You should re-make it.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2018 6:42:06 AM
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:
Willows wrote:

In this context yes.

. . . . Or, More to the point, Being of a different race or culture.

I am passed the monotonous frequent koala, Convict, Sheep-shagging lines but Hrikari is certainly not doing himself any favours.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.