Jump to topic:

An unresolvable problem with the Bible

SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2018 4:06:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The only hope for the people of the earth is that they assume responsibility for themselves and live according to their own consciences to uphold individual peace and freedom. The Bible strips people of their ability to judge for themselves according to the context of the situation what is good and what is evil, What is true and what is false. No dogma can give people a sense for what is appropriate in the living moment. The Bible attempts to strangle free expression by its fear-mongering and often contradictory messages of "right and wrong. " It is a wholly blood-sucking and enslaving work by blood-sucking and enslaving spirits.
anonthegreat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2018 4:18:07 PM
OK. If you can show me one idea in the Bible that is not true by the Bible itself and not by phony archeological evidence, Then you have my attention. If I can refute your arguments in the light, Then I have your attention. Please keep it to one idea at a time. Don't ask about questions like the 30, 000 churches because it is not in the Bible. Thank you.
SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2018 4:45:17 PM
anonthegreat wrote:
OK. If you can show me one idea in the Bible that is not true by the Bible itself and not by phony archeological evidence, Then you have my attention. If I can refute your arguments in the light, Then I have your attention. Please keep it to one idea at a time. Don't ask about questions like the 30, 000 churches because it is not in the Bible. Thank you.

I already have. Consider my thread: Christianity has modern values: https://www. Debate. Org/forums/religion/topic/4337677/

You will find in that thread that not only does the Bible have a permissive attitude toward slavery, But also racism, Sexism, Homophobia and is defense denying. I am not about to give attention to your Biblical defense. I already see by the way you operate that you make the Bible say anything that you please. Just like many others who claim that "oh, But you take the Bible verse out of context, " "oh, But this needs to be symbolically understood, Not literally understood, " blah, Blah, Blah. People make the Bible say whatever they want it to say. You just represent an additional new Bible sect.
anonthegreat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2018 4:51:27 PM
No. One question or issue at a time. If you don't put you money where you mouth is you are just blowing smoke.
SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2018 5:00:53 PM
anonthegreat wrote:
No. One question or issue at a time. If you don't put you money where you mouth is you are just blowing smoke.

I already gave you an opportunity to respond. I don't operate by your rules. I am not going to keep repeating threads. If you can't respond to my earlier thread, That is your problem.
SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2018 5:32:14 PM
anonthegreat wrote:
Which accusation do you want me to respond to first?

I really don't care, Anonthegreat, Because I know that it is falling on deaf ears who will deny the obvious.
anonthegreat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2018 5:41:53 PM
Well, Since you won't make a choice, Then I will pick the first sentence.

You wrote: "The only hope for the people of the earth is that they assume responsibility for themselves and live according to their own consciences to uphold individual peace and freedom. "

Our conscience is developed from birth depending on what our parents or society teach us is true. The mind in not formed to think for itself until one is a teenager, And thus, Your idea is stupid because the word conscience is used in connection with freedom, But conscience can be defiled as the Bible teaches. This fact has been proven to be true from the mental health profession. Thus, The Bible is true, And you stupid idea is false.
SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2018 6:36:25 PM
anonthegreat wrote:
Well, Since you won't make a choice, Then I will pick the first sentence.

You wrote: "The only hope for the people of the earth is that they assume responsibility for themselves and live according to their own consciences to uphold individual peace and freedom. "

Our conscience is developed from birth depending on what our parents or society teach us is true. The mind in not formed to think for itself until one is a teenager, And thus, Your idea is stupid because the word conscience is used in connection with freedom, But conscience can be defiled as the Bible teaches. This fact has been proven to be true from the mental health profession. Thus, The Bible is true, And you stupid idea is false.

If you believe in God, Our consciences are given to us by God, Not our upbringing. Sure, Our consciences can be defiled by our upbringing or ourselves, But it is by far the best way to judge what is right or wrong because it is living, And not a dead corrupt text from 2000 years ago.
anonthegreat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2018 6:48:32 PM
If you believe in God, Our consciences are given to us by God, Not our upbringing. Sure, Our consciences can be defiled by our upbringing or ourselves, But it is by far the best way to judge what is right or wrong because it is living, And not a dead corrupt text from 2000 years ago.

The light uses the words we believe are truth. Our conscience can only guide us by the ideas we believe. Let's give your idea to criminal thieves or murders and watch how their "conscience" robs our money and enslaves everyone. Lets see how a Stalin or Hitler uses your ideas to kill us. Yes, The conscience was created by God know good and evil, But it has nothing to do with freedom. The Bible is true, And your dumb idea is false.
SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2018 6:58:05 PM
anonthegreat wrote:

The light uses the words we believe are truth. Our conscience can only guide us by the ideas we believe. Let's give your idea to criminal thieves or murders and watch how their "conscience" robs our money and enslaves everyone. Lets see how a Stalin or Hitler uses your ideas to kill us. Yes, The conscience was created by God know good and evil, But it has nothing to do with freedom. The Bible is true, And your dumb idea is false.

Those individuals had hardened consciences which separated them from the Supreme Being. We have a democracy because of the hope that the majority of people don't have seared consciences. That is why we don't live in a theocracy which tells people what to do through dead scriptures and institutions. The freedom of our consciences is what makes us free individuals, To choose good and work with our consciences or to choose evil and work against our consciences. It is what makes us free beings: the power to choose. It is what makes a democracy. Theocracies and dictatorships force dead edicts on living consciences.
anonthegreat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2018 7:19:14 PM
Those individuals had hardened consciences which separated them from the Supreme Being. We have a democracy because of the hope that the majority of people don't have seared consciences. That is why we don't live in a theocracy which tells people what to do through dead scriptures and institutions. The freedom of our consciences is what makes us free individuals, To choose good and work with our consciences or to choose evil and work against our consciences. It is what makes us free beings: the power to choose. It is what makes a democracy. Theocracies and dictatorships force dead edicts on living consciences.

The theocracy of Israel failed because they chose Moses instead of Yahweh in Exodus 20. Before that, They chose Jethro's system of a hierarchy of judges. Neither was God's decisions. Man corrupts man. Man is automatically corrupted by the systems, Not the conscience. That is a facts, Proven by all kinds of tests. If the systems don't change, The conscience will automatically be corrupted and lead man to do evil. Your idea is shallow, Stupid, Irrational, And not from God. The Bible is true.
SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2018 7:25:50 PM
anonthegreat wrote:

The theocracy of Israel failed because they chose Moses instead of Yahweh in Exodus 20. Before that, They chose Jethro's system of a hierarchy of judges. Neither was God's decisions. Man corrupts man. Man is automatically corrupted by the systems, Not the conscience. That is a facts, Proven by all kinds of tests. If the systems don't change, The conscience will automatically be corrupted and lead man to do evil. Your idea is shallow, Stupid, Irrational, And not from God. The Bible is true.

Don't lie anonethegreat: a theocracy has not been proven to be superior to a democracy. Quite the opposite in fact. Every theocracy has proven to fail on the earth, Including the Western "divine" royalty system based on Christianity.
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2018 4:40:26 AM

The only hope for the people of the earth is that they assume responsibility for themselves and live according to their own consciences to uphold individual peace and freedom. The Bible strips people of their ability to judge for themselves according to the context of the situation what is good and what is evil, What is true and what is false. No dogma can give people a sense for what is appropriate in the living moment. The Bible attempts to strangle free expression by its fear-mongering and often contradictory messages of "right and wrong. " It is a wholly blood-sucking and enslaving work by blood-sucking and enslaving spirits.

Wow! Satan does live here on earth. The Bible declares that the maker of heaven and earth is the one who determines what is right and wrong. This means that right and wrong can have objectivity attached to it. It means that paedophilia can be absolutely wrong. Satan seduced Adam and Eve into believing that they could take on God's role and determine for themselves what is right and wrong. This makes right and wrong subjective according to whatever they think is right or wrong. The world might change around us and we all might learn better ways to live - but this should not impact upon what is intrinsically right and wrong. Your position is negative in the whole. It means that right can be wrong depending upon the circumstances - but it does not say what those circumstances can be. It leaves us all wandering in a world which is dark and lost and sad and pathetic. Why? Because absolutes are thrown away.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.