Jump to topic:

Truth In Religion

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2018 11:12:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Son: Dad, If I said that I am a liar and then I lie, I would be telling the truth, Wouldn't I?

Dad: Well, I suppose if you put it that way, That's right.

Son: So, If I were to tell the truth, Then I would be a liar, Right?

Father: Right again son, But what is your point and what does it have to do with religion?

Son: Those religious people who knocked on our door kept on talking about "truth" an awful lot. That means they are liars, Aren't they?

Father: Well son, Your logic is a bit skewed there but as it happens, The fact remains, Yes, They are liars.

Son: They certainly found out about the truth when you showed them where the gate was.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2018 4:51:18 PM
Willows wrote:
Son: Dad, If I said that I am a liar and then I lie, I would be telling the truth, Wouldn't I?

Father: Right again son, But what is your point and what does it have to do with religion?

Son: Those religious people who knocked on our door kept on talking about "truth" an awful lot. That means they are liars, Aren't they?

Father: Well son, Your logic is a bit skewed there but as it happens, The fact remains, Yes, They are liars.

Son: They certainly found out about the truth when you showed them where the gate was.

Knock and the idiots will open their door, Seek and you will find the idiots, Ask and the idiots names will be revealed. Matthew 7:7
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2018 11:18:17 PM
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:

Knock and the idiots will open their door, Seek and you will find the idiots, Ask and the idiots names will be revealed. Matthew 7:7

If you are going to bastardize what the Bible says, It would be more apt to suggest that it is the pesky idiots (JWs) who knock on doors trying to tell decent, Normal citizens that the end is nigh.

And, I would stop short of calling them idiots (although technically, It would be right) but the homeowners who let these blood-sucking leaches into their homes and listen to their nonsense would have to be very naive, Gullible, Weak, Vulnerable (or any combination thereof) in the first place.

Therefore, My understanding of the characters portrayed in this pithy, Inventive piece of witty prose is that the kid (who, From previous skits is around 12 years old) shows conceptual thinking and intellect well beyond his years. And the father displays the steadfastness and rationality of a normal, Intelligent atheist.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.