Jump to topic:

This Is Weird

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2018 6:25:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
(Weird: suggesting something supernatural; unearthly)

it seems to be, Therefore, The more religious you are, The weirder you are.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2018 10:05:58 AM
Dumb: "not believing in God". It seems the more atheistic one's worldview is, The dumber one becomes. Wow, It IS fun to redefine words. Thanks for setting the example, Willows!
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2018 12:04:28 PM
dsjpk5 wrote:
Dumb: "not believing in God". It seems the more atheistic one's worldview is, The dumber one becomes. Wow, It IS fun to redefine words. Thanks for setting the example, Willows!

You raise a good point there. . . . . If one is going to redefine reality by stating there is some oogidy-boogidy presence lurking around out there somewhere one may as well be consistently flippant and come out with equally wacky definitions.

Not that it bothers me since my thread was accurate, Concise and quotes directly from the Oxford Dictionary:
weird | wied |
adjective
1 suggesting something supernatural; unearthly: weird, Inhuman sounds.

So you see, I get to have a good night's sleep safe in knowing that what I write has substance and pertinence.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2018 1:43:19 AM
dsjpk5 wrote:

You raise a good point there. . . . . If one is going to redefine reality by stating there is some oogidy-boogidy presence lurking around out there somewhere one may as well be consistently flippant and come out with equally wacky definitions.

Not that it bothers me since my thread was accurate, Concise and quotes directly from the Oxford Dictionary:
weird | wied |
adjective

So you see, I get to have a good night's sleep safe in knowing that what I write has substance and pertinence.

You may want to refrain from that definition. . . It has weird definitions. . Like this one fir "dumb":

" Temporarily unable or unwilling to speak"
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2018 11:48:32 AM
dsjpk5 wrote:
dsjpk5 wrote:

weird | wied |
adjective

You may want to refrain from that definition. . . It has weird definitions. . Like this one fir "dumb":

So, You see that we use words to describe similar situations.

"Dumb" is a good one since we often use the word to describe the outward appearance and behavior of those who cannot talk. . . They seem to be mentally deprived and perhaps stupid. . . As cruel as it sounds, That is human nature.

So, The same goes with "weird". Obviously, Those who believe in the supernatural (i. E. Weirdos) are of a disposition to say and do stupid, Off the planet things.

So, We therefore use the word to describe anyone who does stupid and off the planet things although, In all fairness, I think that in this case, The weirdness is fairly casual and nowhere near as pronounced as those of a supernatural disposition.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2018 2:42:44 PM
dsjpk5 wrote:
dsjpk5 wrote:

weird | wied |
adjective

"Dumb" is a good one since we often use the word to describe the outward appearance and behavior of those who cannot talk. . . They seem to be mentally deprived and perhaps stupid. . . As cruel as it sounds, That is human nature.

So, The same goes with "weird". Obviously, Those who believe in the supernatural (i. E. Weirdos) are of a disposition to say and do stupid, Off the planet things.

So, We therefore use the word to describe anyone who does stupid and off the planet things although, In all fairness, I think that in this case, The weirdness is fairly casual and nowhere near as pronounced as those of a supernatural disposition.

Word salad.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2018 5:00:55 PM
dsjpk5 wrote:
dsjpk5 wrote:

weird | wied |
adjective

Dumb was your pick.

The original definition of dumb:
Definition of dumb - temporarily unable or unwilling to speak, (of a person) unable to speak, Most typically because of congenital deafness, Stupid,

How a ignorant Catholics mutt like you defines dumb.
Dumb: "not believing in God". It seems the more atheistic one's worldview is, The dumber one becomes. Wow, It IS fun to redefine words. Thanks for setting the example
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2018 8:08:23 AM
dsjpk5 wrote:
dsjpk5 wrote:
dsjpk5 wrote:

weird | wied |
adjective

Word salad.

it is quite telling isn't it that, For want of any intelligent argument, One can only come out with a shallow, Flippant comment?

I suppose it creates a contrast to the well constructed, Intelligent and compelling argument that preceded it.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2018 1:20:35 AM
dsjpk5 wrote:
dsjpk5 wrote:
dsjpk5 wrote:

weird | wied |
adjective

Word salad.

it is quite telling isn't it that, For want of any intelligent argument, One can only come out with a shallow, Flippant comment?

I suppose it creates a contrast to the well constructed, Intelligent and compelling argument that preceded it.

Such as?
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2018 1:22:00 AM
dsjpk5 wrote:
dsjpk5 wrote:

weird | wied |
adjective

Dumb was your pick.

Definition of dumb - temporarily unable or unwilling to speak, (of a person) unable to speak, Most typically because of congenital deafness, Stupid,

Dumb: "not believing in God". It seems the more atheistic one's worldview is, The dumber one becomes. Wow, It IS fun to redefine words. Thanks for setting the example

Don't give me so much credit. Willows was the first to do so.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2018 1:57:42 AM
dsjpk5 wrote:
dsjpk5 wrote:
dsjpk5 wrote:

weird | wied |
adjective

Dumb was your pick.

Willows did not pick, Dumb, You did! Read your response to Willow's weird.

You wrote:" Dumb: "not believing in God". It seems the more atheistic one's worldview is, The dumber one becomes. Wow, It IS fun to redefine words. Thanks for setting the example, Willows! "

Unfortunately Catholics are not good at definitions unless it's embedded in Catholic doctrines.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2018 10:16:45 AM
dsjpk5 wrote:
dsjpk5 wrote:
dsjpk5 wrote:

weird | wied |
adjective

Dumb was your pick.

Willows did not pick, Dumb, You did! Read your response to Willow's weird.

You wrote:" Dumb: "not believing in God". It seems the more atheistic one's worldview is, The dumber one becomes. Wow, It IS fun to redefine words. Thanks for setting the example, Willows! "

Unfortunately Catholics are not good at definitions unless it's embedded in Catholic doctrines.

Yes, But he was the first to pick a strange definition of a word.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2018 10:45:16 AM
dsjpk5 wrote:
dsjpk5 wrote:
dsjpk5 wrote:
dsjpk5 wrote:

weird | wied |
adjective

Word salad.

Such as?

. . . Such as what I wrote, Namely that the Oxford dictionary has clearly defined the word, "weird".

Now, Do you have a valid point to make about the fact?

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.