Jump to topic:

Does Religion Deserve Respect?

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2018 11:58:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It is often said that whilst atheists tolerate religion, They do not respect it.

Why would this be so, Since, On the face of it, Holding a religious belief seems to be the righteous thing to do or at least, Religion seems to be promoted that way?

Why should an atheist respect religion when there is no evidence whatsoever as to the existence of God?

Why should an atheist respect religion given that, Over the centuries it has been responsible for so many wars and corruption?

Why should an atheist respect religion given that it is openly homophobic, Sexist and discriminatory?

Why should an atheist respect religion when it has been responsible for polarising and splitting up families?

Why should an atheist respect religion when religious followers flout the law of the land in favour of their own rules?

Why should an atheist respect religion if followers are prescribed rules on how to run their personal lives, For example, What they can and can't do in the privacy of their own bedroom?

Why should an atheist respect religion given that most followers are either naive, Gullible, Weak, Vulnerable or deluded?
anonthegreat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2018 12:20:57 AM
The atheist should respect the good deeds many religions do to meet mortal physical needs such as feeding the poor or creating orphanages. But they should continue to attack the false ideas religions teach about eternity and not defining God correctly as the atheist have been doing.

I could never have created the reasonable ideas I believe today without atheists making me think. L prayed for the answers that would removing any error I was believing by using the Logos Word of Reason in the Bible. The word study of the Greek Logos really got me going where I ended up.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2018 12:41:34 AM
anonthegreat wrote:
The atheist should respect the good deeds many religions do to meet mortal physical needs such as feeding the poor or creating orphanages. But they should continue to attack the false ideas religions teach about eternity and not defining God correctly as the atheist have been doing.

I could never have created the reasonable ideas I believe today without atheists making me think. L prayed for the answers that would removing any error I was believing by using the Logos Word of Reason in the Bible. The word study of the Greek Logos really got me going where I ended up.

I, As many others are, Am very skeptical of the validity or extent of religious organisations being charitable and that it is invariably showing an artificial face to give it some sort of credibility.

For example, Mother Theresa has been widely criticized for her selfish goal of expanding the Catholic Church and in effect did very little for the children she was "on the face of it" helping. She was known to be heartless and cruel for channeling donations into erecting Church buildings and very little money was in fact spent on feeding and clothing the poor.

I'm afraid that Churches give themselves little credibility by trying to show off as being charities. They may be registered (conveniently) for tax purposes in the same category as charities but the extent of what charity they actually do is very questionable and in any case, Is to satisfy an ulterior motive.
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2018 12:58:11 AM
Why should an atheist respect religion when there is no evidence whatsoever as to the existence of God?

I don't think atheists should respect religion. I don't respect religion and I am a Christian. Religion is really only another name for worldview anyway. Atheism is a worldview and I don't respect Atheism. Worldviews don't need to be respected. They do need to be understood and then criticised appropriately.

Why should an atheist respect religion given that, Over the centuries it has been responsible for so many wars and corruption?

That is a daft argument. Atheistic regimes have slaughtered more people than all other regimes and so called religions in history. The 20th century saw Communism - and Nazism - both atheistic worldviews and anti-religious worldviews which oversaw the slaughtering of more people than anyone else. Hitler was anti-organised religion. He used the Catholic church and the Lutheran national church to his ends. He did not respect them and nor did he give them any special favours. He killed them whenever they went against his ideas.

Why should an atheist respect religion given that it is openly homophobic, Sexist and discriminatory?

Atheism is openly discriminatory against organised religion. It is also notoriously sexist and intolerant against people who believe in freedom. Christianity has also been at the forefront of promoting freedom in relation to race, Sex, Slavery, And poverty around the world historically. Denying history is a fun fact that atheists like doing.

Why should an atheist respect religion when it has been responsible for polarising and splitting up families?

Another strange and weak argument. Religion has been at the forefront of promoting families together. Religions promote family worship. Atheism on the other hand tries to split families up by brainwashing them to reject their parent's religion. This is seen more obviously when kids leave home and start studying in secular colleges and public schools.

Why should an atheist respect religion when religious followers flout the law of the land in favour of their own rules?

cite some examples rather than tell lies.

Why should an atheist respect religion if followers are prescribed rules on how to run their personal lives, For example, What they can and can't do in the privacy of their own bedroom?

Every society has rules which determine right from wrong. This is not mutually exclusive to religion. Take communism for example. They told people how to live when to live and how to do it.

Why should an atheist respect religion given that most followers are either naive, Gullible, Weak, Vulnerable or deluded?

Actually, Atheists are more likely to have not been educated earn money and live on the dole. Some athiests go to college and make some money - but by far and above- - the live in low socio economic areas and don't ever register high enough to get a vote. Most of my criminal law clients are atheists who make a living stealing from others and using welfare to subsidise their living. No morals - living how they please - no education - no care attitude - all about themselves.

Studies done by secular atheists in colleges etc - (and no bias there? ) typically distort their studies by focusing on who has been educated and who has not - by looking at whether you attended uni or have a post graduate degree. If they were to look at figures showing who makes the most money - Christians excel.

The thing is most Christians do practical work, Get trades, And make lots of money as they keep the economy growing. They don't think that a university degree makes you smarter or more intelligent. In fact, They would probably take the view that those sort of people make things worse because they don't live in the real world. Most of them don't. Tradey's are practical and live in the real world - they spend their time with families and doing their work. Academics live in a palace made of cloud - in their own little dream castles. For the more part tradies are not na"ve - but much more intelligent in real things than so called academics. Not only that - they are more reliable, Honest, And don't have the so called biases of prejudice.
anonthegreat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2018 3:03:31 AM
Willows, I agree with you. Great points. Tradesecret makes the better argument. I was thinking churches at the bottom, But I used the word religion instead of "churches at the bottom disconnected from religious dogma and control. "

I failed my religious studies test because schools do not give us grades on what we are thinking. My writing failed. Thanks for the catch. My mind goes faster than my fingers. So I will modify my writing. You should not respect religions, But you should respect the churches at the bottom that are doing good physical deeds for other that need it, But continue the attack against dumb ideas about God and the religious scams that steal our lives and money. The other issues are addressed quite well by trade secret.
anonthegreat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2018 4:48:25 AM
I should point out the physical bodies of the believers in Christ met in house churches to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit by grace through faith. They did not build church buildings until the Satanists hijacked the Christians and built public buildings to control them after Constantine made Christ politically correct to worship.

The religious problems you perceive did not exist in the spiritual body of Christ that is within the physical body of everyone who receive Christ into their hearts. There were up to 75, 000 small house churches in the 1st century that became a formidable threat to Roman politics because of the valid economics of Christians.

The Satanists hijacked the economics by building the Christians government-free buildings to meet in. Once we use the free buildings, Out come the laws to control our minds with their narratives created at the top. Constantine agreed to the plan to maintain the political control to remove the threat of the growing and economically free Christians that could not be controlled.

That gave the foot into the door to convince the Roman leaders that gold is money. The Satanists knew the ETs as best friends, And the Roman leaders had their UFO sightings to trust the Satanists knew what money is, Just like we believe today. The gold scam robbed Rome economically, Weakening its tax revenue based on less economic labor value, And destroyed Rome to lead the world into the Dark Ages,

The ETs and Ra (Lucifer) controlled the Satanists in the Dark Ages like puppets and worked secretly on the genetics without their knowledge, Feeding them BS stories about history that Ra tells the ETs! As Satanists grew in technologies, They are really beginning to question the ET narratives but do not discuss their doubts with them. Dropping the atom bombs on Japan blue an ET fuse. They believe in lethal injections to control population, Not destroying the planet.

Find the real history books to read and not the fake narratives we ate trained to believe. The real history is in the Bible. Thank Yahweh we have the Bible.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2018 10:48:43 AM
Tradesecret wrote:

I don't think atheists should respect religion. I don't respect religion and I am a Christian. Religion is really only another name for worldview anyway. Atheism is a worldview and I don't respect Atheism. Worldviews don't need to be respected. They do need to be understood and then criticised appropriately.

That is a daft argument. Atheistic regimes have slaughtered more people than all other regimes and so called religions in history. The 20th century saw Communism - and Nazism - both atheistic worldviews and anti-religious worldviews which oversaw the slaughtering of more people than anyone else. Hitler was anti-organised religion. He used the Catholic church and the Lutheran national church to his ends. He did not respect them and nor did he give them any special favours. He killed them whenever they went against his ideas.

Hitler was a confessed Roman Catholic and he wrote in Mein Kampf that God despises Jews. He also stated in speeches that God had directed him to invade Poland. Sure he used religion for his own ends but, Isn't that what authoritarians have done for centuries and church clerics still continue to do?

Many wars have been fought in the name of God but none. . . . . . Not one has ever been fought in the name of atheism.

Stalin was (became) an atheist but he did not commit atrocities, Nor dismantled churches in the name of atheism. He did them in the name of communism which for all intense purposes is just another religion anyway.

The only difference with communism is that subjects worship a master-figure who actually exists.
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2018 11:21:45 AM
communism is atheism - just like Hinduism is a religion. Just because I think it is a distorted religion does not mean it is not religion. Communism is atheism whether you want to accept it or its teachings. Just because it is not your ideal does not change the facts.

As for wars being fought in the name of atheism - plenty of them all of the time - ALP v LNP is an example. Both are secular - atheistic parties.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2018 11:56:00 AM
Tradesecret wrote:
communism is atheism - just like Hinduism is a religion. Just because I think it is a distorted religion does not mean it is not religion. Communism is atheism whether you want to accept it or its teachings. Just because it is not your ideal does not change the facts.

As for wars being fought in the name of atheism - plenty of them all of the time - ALP v LNP is an example. Both are secular - atheistic parties.

Oh cripes. You know what?
I just had no idea at all that the ALP and LNP were at war and I certainly didn't hear any breaking news about it especially the bit about fighting because of atheism. How many soldiers were killed on each side?

Geeziz, I will have to be more alert especially after not knowing about that war.
Huh! . . . I'll be damned.
anonthegreat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2018 10:45:50 AM
Willows, Get real. Take the word "war" in context of politics and respond with reason and truth. The two parties are a pendulum of the puppet masters of the international bankers to create narratives that the public to free to vote when both sides are hired by the world bankers who have all the money to set up a two parties system to control.

Same thing with the Democrats and Republicans two-party system to create a public illusion. It is pendulum system designed to think we are free, When we are really controlled by those who have all the money to implement the New Word Order that the Father commanded them to build for Him anyway they can. They have chosen to do it the pendulum way of deception with the money power to deceive us into to them buying leaders at the top who will be influenced by the love of money and power.

Your idea of soldiers when Tradesecret was talking about politics is rationally off the mark and lame. Violence created around the world by atheistic liberals to create civil wars is real. The puppet masters teach Marxism that will not work without freedom of thought and a belief that human rights are unalienable from God as Jefferson taught.

We either choose a New World Order where the ideas are controlled from a central place for safety and no risk or a New World Order with truly valid free speech and the idea that our human rights are from God, Not the Bible; rather than the pendulum method controlled from the top to create illusions we are free to vote.

The violence destroying freedom of thought by Marxism is a realty to watch and know good and evil. One has to truly contrast the Communist Manifesto with the original Constitution to see the strength and weaknesses of both documents to make accurate conclusions. We must take the rational ideas from both documents which the Bible can do.

The US Constitution is built on independence. The Communist Manifesto is built on interdependence. Interdependence and unity is the higher principle than selfish independence. . We had the chance to solve slavery by interdependence according to Biblical principles, But failed. We forced the South by war. Look at the scars it left on our nation! It was good only for the bankers to control us to increase the debt and create a central bank.

This truth is ignored by creating a narrative that exalts Lincoln into a god and his freeing the slave by force. Did anyone thing of paying they owners to free their slaves like England did in 1830? No. That would have been an interdependent solution and avoided war! The North stayed independent and forced the South to be part of the union by war. So communism is attractive to those who want to feel connected to the people rather than loving money to be independent and rather selfish.

Christians are blinded by the Lord and cannot see the truth. He will open their eyes to see. The truth is self-evident. But they are blind by not reading the Communist Manifesto to examine its strengths and weaknesses. It's idea of centralized control is awful. But the idea of community and interdependence is it strength. Independence must grow into interdependence but retain freedom of thought and risk. Acts 2-6 is economic solution for the world.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2018 7:06:45 PM
anonthegreat wrote:
Willows, Get real. Take the word "war" in context of politics and respond with reason and truth. The two parties are a pendulum of the puppet masters of the international bankers to create narratives that the public to free to vote when both sides are hired by the world bankers who have all the money to set up a two parties system to control.

Oh Geeziz.
Do me sideways and upside down.
There I go again. . . . . I'm just not getting the hang of all this metaphorical Lala Land language, Am I?

I mean to say. . . . I was talking about wars fought in the name of religion and not atheism as per Hitler being Catholic and Stalin. . . . . . Silly me being so remiss as to mean literally what I said.

Because of course, Tradie uses the good ole "wriggle out of the argument" trick of reverse deductions by saying communism is atheism.
And because Hitler and Stalin were political leaders, Let's twist it around to mean "political wars", As in political rivalry and. . . . . Whoopdeedoo, Out comes "secular, Atheist parties".

Yep, I confess that I was slightly off-guard and didn't see those little deceptions a coming.
anonthegreat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2018 9:41:46 PM
Yes. I understand now.

My point is everyone is blind, And the solution is a combination of both the US Constitution and the Communist Manifesto to implement the "all profits in common" in Acts 2-6 that achieves that goal. It won't work, However, Unless the public believes that unalienable human rights come from the Creator so we accept the Golden Rule by freewill in our business dealings that teaches us not to be thieves by the 10 Commandments in our mortal activities as the footstool into eternity. We can have freedom of thought at the bottom and not use religions for political purposes like Constantine did. This idea amplifies your first question about NOT respecting religions that are used for political power
omar2345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2018 10:17:06 PM
@anonthegreat
"My point is everyone is blind"
Everyone does include you so you are also blind. Don't even need to speak about anything else since everyone is blind or maybe I am not blind or maybe I am blind to not being blind? It goes on and on. Who knows what everyone is blind to since everyone is blind.
anonthegreat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2018 11:27:07 PM
Good point. The blindness I am speaking specifically about is the US Constitution vs Communist Manifesto and money. The Us Constitution defines money as gold and silver and permits Congress to borrow money, Which ideas opened a door to the international bankers to rob, Control, And kill us by creating the Federal Reserve in 1913. Money is a receipt for work value, Not gold and silver like they lie to us. Hitler freed Germany without war or debt from 1933 to 1937 by using the correct definition of money:

http://www. Webofdebt. Com/articles/bankrupt-germany. Php

The money magicians control everyone, And being a community is hard for Americans to see because it is stuck in selfish independence, And the nation won't grow up. Steven R Covey outlined the principles of human growth as dependence, Independence, And interdependence. The growth cause and effect ideas are the same with our nation, We were dependent on England and fought for out independence, Which was correct to grow as a nation. Then Yahweh placed the slave issue in front of us to resolve by Biblical principles, Such as paying the owners for the slaves to free the slaves like England did in 1830 for $20 million pounds.

We failed to grow up. Lincoln led us into a disastrous war and stopped the nation's growth into interdependence. We can't see it because of the false narratives about Lincoln being a hero when he actually worked for the banks. The Greenback narrative was carefully planed by the banks and Lincoln to fool us so they would not be blamed for instigating the war. Lincoln was a satanic mole and deceived the Christians by his excellent methods. He was and expert fraud just like Joseph Smith. We funded the Civil War with only $0. 5 billion of Greenbacks and $2. 3 billion of debt to the international bankers for a total of $2. 8 billion.

They had to kill Lincoln as a martyr to create a narrative to hide what they did. Lincoln had so many weird ideas about the blacks that over time he would have blown apart their cover of being the ones who started the Civil War. Yahweh is now pushing our nation to look more closely at the Civil War to see our mistake of not growing up past the selfish independence of a child to the adult maturity of interdependence.

With this perspective we see can see the Lord working through the left to find our mistake of the Civil War by not giving the black a choice to be free or remain as slaves for 7 years, Or whatever they wanted by free will choice, And not what the government wanted by war and killing 600, 000 Americans. It was God's will to have the war so we can know good and evil and grow up as a nation and world into the higher principle of interdependence by the Act 2-6 economic order of Christ.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2018 11:34:23 PM
anonthegreat wrote:
Good point. The blindness I am speaking specifically about is the US Constitution vs Communist Manifesto and money. The Us Constitution defines money as gold and silver and permits Congress to borrow money, Which ideas opened a door to the international bankers to rob, Control, And kill us by creating the Federal Reserve in 1913. Money is a receipt for work value, Not gold and silver like they lie to us. Hitler freed Germany without war or debt from 1933 to 1937 by using the correct definition of money:

http://www. Webofdebt. Com/articles/bankrupt-germany. Php

The money magicians control everyone, And being a community is hard for Americans to see because it is stuck in selfish independence, And the nation won't grow up. Steven R Covey outlined the principles of human growth as dependence, Independence, And interdependence. The growth cause and effect ideas are the same with our nation, We were dependent on England and fought for out independence, Which was correct to grow as a nation. Then Yahweh placed the slave issue in front of us to resolve by Biblical principles, Such as paying the owners for the slaves to free the slaves like England did in 1830 for $20 million pounds.

We failed to grow up. Lincoln led us into a disastrous war and stopped the nation's growth into interdependence. We can't see it because of the false narratives about Lincoln being a hero when he actually worked for the banks. The Greenback narrative was carefully planed by the banks and Lincoln to fool us so they would not be blamed for instigating the war. Lincoln was a satanic mole and deceived the Christians by his excellent methods. He was and expert fraud just like Joseph Smith. We funded the Civil War with only $0. 5 billion of Greenbacks and $2. 3 billion of debt to the international bankers for a total of $2. 8 billion.

They had to kill Lincoln as a martyr to create a narrative to hide what they did. Lincoln had so many weird ideas about the blacks that over time he would have blown apart their cover of being the ones who started the Civil War. Yahweh is now pushing our nation to look more closely at the Civil War to see our mistake of not growing up past the selfish independence of a child to the adult maturity of interdependence.

With this perspective we see can see the Lord working through the left to find our mistake of the Civil War by not giving the black a choice to be free or remain as slaves for 7 years, Or whatever they wanted by free will choice, And not what the government wanted by war and killing 600, 000 Americans. It was God's will to have the war so we can know good and evil and grow up as a nation and world into the higher principle of interdependence by the Act 2-6 economic order of Christ.

Your memory must be diminishing. Adam and Eve were punished for desiring the knowledge of good and evil. Read your bible.

Genesis 2:17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; for in the day that you eat of it, You will surely die. "

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.