The Truth Is. . . . .

Athias
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2018 5:42:59 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Tradesecret wrote:
Oddly, It is the atheist I find the most unreasonable to talk too.

Actually, I don't find that odd at all. In my experience, The atheists I've encountered subscribe to a single motto and cite "Science" and "Logic" but have not practiced it. Interestingly enough, When I had abandoned my religious beliefs for atheism--I was a teenager around that time--I had a debate with my pastor before his passing. He didn't insult; he didn't get emotional; we just exchanged points. He was a learned man who was able to connect and string his points together despite my disagreeing with them. (It was one of the more memorable experiences in my adolescence. ) I've been arguing with Atheists for several years--I know their arguments in and out, And they're not as reasonable as they wish to impress. Funny enough, It was arguing with atheists which led me to abandon atheism, As well. I'm a pursuer of knowledge, Reason, Truth, And happiness, And I knew atheism wasn't going to help me in my pursuit.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2018 5:59:32 PM
Athias wrote:
Tradesecret wrote:

Actually, I don't find that odd at all. In my experience, The atheists I've encountered subscribe to a single motto and cite "Science" and "Logic" but have not practiced it. Interestingly enough, When I had abandoned my religious beliefs for atheism--I was a teenager around that time--I had a debate with my pastor before his passing. He didn't insult; he didn't get emotional; we just exchanged points. He was a learned man who was able to connect and string his points together despite my disagreeing with them. (It was one of the more memorable experiences in my adolescence. ) I've been arguing with Atheists for several years--I know their arguments in and out, And they're not as reasonable as they wish to impress. Funny enough, It was arguing with atheists which led me to abandon atheism, As well. I'm a pursuer of knowledge, Reason, Truth, And happiness, And I knew atheism wasn't going to help me in my pursuit.

Buddha achieved enlightenment without arguing with anyone. Buddhists do not worship any God. But Jesus did and it did not end too well for him. He was rudely awakened on the cross with the realization.
Matthew 27:46 About the ninth hour, Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, Lema sabachthani? " which means, "My God, My God, Why have you forsaken Me? "
Athias
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2018 6:03:01 PM
Harikrish wrote:
Buddha achieved enlightenment without arguing with anyone. Buddhists do not worship any God. But Jesus did and it did not end too well for him. He was rudely awakened on the cross with the realization.
Matthew 27:46 About the ninth hour, Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, Lema sabachthani? " which means, "My God, My God, Why have you forsaken Me? "

I have no interest in having an exchange or a debate with you on this one, Either. Have a nice day.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2018 6:06:17 PM
Athias wrote:
Harikrish wrote:

I have no interest in having an exchange or a debate with you on this one, Either. Have a nice day.

Concession accepted!
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2018 11:03:27 PM
Athias wrote:
Tradesecret wrote:

Jesus has not yet ended -indeed he rules forever. It has ended well for Jesus - in any event. He fulfilled the law and obeyed his Father and his father gave him all authority on heaven and on earth. Indeed he has received the kingdom. I fail to see how it ended badly for Jesus.

Jesus - God worshiped God. This is beautiful isn't? A picture of perfect modeling. Jesus, Being fully man - worshiped God. The Christian doctrine is that Jesus is fully God and fully Man. Jesus the man - would have needed to worship God - he would be have been compelled to because he is a spiritual being -and the urging of his spirit would have required him to do so - so as not to sin.

He was not rudely awakened on the cross. He was not abandoned. We have discussed this before and you continue to avoid the obvious.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2018 11:16:08 PM
Tradesecret wrote:
Athias wrote:
Tradesecret wrote:

Jesus has not yet ended -indeed he rules forever. It has ended well for Jesus - in any event. He fulfilled the law and obeyed his Father and his father gave him all authority on heaven and on earth. Indeed he has received the kingdom. I fail to see how it ended badly for Jesus.

Jesus - God worshiped God. This is beautiful isn't? A picture of perfect modeling. Jesus, Being fully man - worshiped God. The Christian doctrine is that Jesus is fully God and fully Man. Jesus the man - would have needed to worship God - he would be have been compelled to because he is a spiritual being -and the urging of his spirit would have required him to do so - so as not to sin.

He was not rudely awakened on the cross. He was not abandoned. We have discussed this before and you continue to avoid the obvious.

According to Jesus he is now living in his father's house and works as a housekeeper preparing rooms for guests.

John 14:2 In My Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, Would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2018 4:18:00 AM
The bible tells us that Jesus is sitting on the throne of God. If it also means he is preparing rooms for his guests - this is in complete accordance with his words - that in the kingdom of heaven, It is the servant who leads.

In any event - the fact that Jesus is preparing guests is something that I am very pleased about.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2018 11:38:08 AM
Athias wrote:
Tradesecret wrote:

So, Now we know the truth.

It's not from sitting on the fence, Is it?

I think maybe you impaled yourself from jumping back and forth over it so many times.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2018 11:42:37 AM
Tradesecret wrote:

Well, It stands to reason then that if you did find it reasonable to talk to an atheist you would be an atheist yourself.
Athias
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2018 12:26:30 PM
Willows wrote:

There's no "we"; there's only you. And I don't have any reservations about "revealing the truth" when it's pertinent to the subject. (You see, Willows, There is such a thing as "relevance. ") And after all this thread is call "The Truth is. . . " which I remembered before having a distinctly different argument. I wonder what happened. . .

Are all your thoughts this sexual? No wonder you can't focus on logic.

I think maybe you impaled yourself from jumping back and forth over it so many times.

Picket or chained? Crap, Now you've got me thinking about it. Unfortunately, My legs aren't what they used to be so I haven't been jumping over anything at all. I don't preoccupy myself with philosophical binaries, Sparing myself the need to jump over fences. My mind has the capacity for nuance and complexity, Not the false dichotomies of the simple-minded. That way I don't have to initiate insults to cover up for my weakly-held grasp of logic.

I'm not your psychiatrist. I have no interest in your emotional baggage. If you cannot conduct yourself properly in a debate, Then at least do the courtesy of not replying. I don't want to make a habit of going back and forth with pseudonymous online "personalities" whom I'll never meet in person.
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2018 5:29:15 AM
Been there done that. It was just nonsense and an opportunity to sin. It was also utterly boring and meaningless.

since I have been an atheist and through common sense - and logic turned to reality - it would be utter nonsense to head back into a place which ignores reality.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2018 9:03:32 AM
Athias wrote:
Willows wrote:

There's no "we"; there's only you. And I don't have any reservations about "revealing the truth" when it's pertinent to the subject. (You see, Willows, There is such a thing as "relevance. ") And after all this thread is call "The Truth is. . . " which I remembered before having a distinctly different argument. I wonder what happened. . .

Are all your thoughts this sexual? No wonder you can't focus on logic.

Picket or chained? Crap, Now you've got me thinking about it. Unfortunately, My legs aren't what they used to be so I haven't been jumping over anything at all. I don't preoccupy myself with philosophical binaries, Sparing myself the need to jump over fences. My mind has the capacity for nuance and complexity, Not the false dichotomies of the simple-minded. That way I don't have to initiate insults to cover up for my weakly-held grasp of logic.

I'm not your psychiatrist. I have no interest in your emotional baggage. If you cannot conduct yourself properly in a debate, Then at least do the courtesy of not replying. I don't want to make a habit of going back and forth with pseudonymous online "personalities" whom I'll never meet in person.

Hey, Don't get me wrong, I think that you are probably a pretty cool guy and would love to meet you one day.

Just let me know what the visiting hours are in your institution and I will gladly visit one day.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.