Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Consideration For Others

Willows
Posts: 11,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2018 8:17:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have heard it so many times from theists defending their stance on issues such as homophobia, Abortion, Contraception, And euthanasia.

Out comes the shield labeled "freedom to practice religion" to justify their outmoded and socially repulsive beliefs.

When will religious followers learn to put aside their right to believe and consider the human rights of others?
Tradesecret
Posts: 1,430
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2018 11:16:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have heard it so many times from theists defending their stance on issues such as homophobia, Abortion, Contraception, And euthanasia.

Out comes the shield labeled "freedom to practice religion" to justify their outmoded and socially repulsive beliefs.

When will religious followers learn to put aside their right to believe and consider the human rights of others?


When will people realise that human rights can only exist because God exists. Take God out of the picture and humanity does not exist.
Harikrish
Posts: 28,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2018 5:53:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Tradesecret wrote:
I have heard it so many times from theists defending their stance on issues such as homophobia, Abortion, Contraception, And euthanasia.

Out comes the shield labeled "freedom to practice religion" to justify their outmoded and socially repulsive beliefs.

When will religious followers learn to put aside their right to believe and consider the human rights of others?


When will people realise that human rights can only exist because God exists. Take God out of the picture and humanity does not exist.

The Romans got the son of God out of the picture by crucifying Jesus which produced 1 billion loving Catholics. Your suggestion to take out God is even more aspirational.
Willows
Posts: 11,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2018 11:56:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Tradesecret wrote:
I have heard it so many times from theists defending their stance on issues such as homophobia, Abortion, Contraception, And euthanasia.

Out comes the shield labeled "freedom to practice religion" to justify their outmoded and socially repulsive beliefs.

When will religious followers learn to put aside their right to believe and consider the human rights of others?


When will people realise that human rights can only exist because God exists. Take God out of the picture and humanity does not exist.

And, Since when have God-fearers ever had the copyright on morals?

The only human rights religious organizations have ever cared about are the elitist rights of their own kind to shun and despise anyone who doesn't conform to their bizarre, Twisted, Morbid draconian and anti-social doctrines.
Willows
Posts: 11,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2018 9:21:15 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
Tradesecret wrote:
And yet you harangue us about human rights? Go figure.

I have figured.
And the reason I harangue theists over human rights is that they have a habit of placing their rights above the rights of others in society.

If they don't like the haranguing then, Tough because they should be used to it by now.

Religious nuts have been harangued and persecuted over their loony, Elitist and unsocial ways ever since they dreamt up and institutionalized their contrived beliefs.
Tradesecret
Posts: 1,430
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2018 5:30:58 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
I have figured.
And the reason I harangue theists over human rights is that they have a habit of placing their rights above the rights of others in society.

If they don't like the haranguing then, Tough because they should be used to it by now.

Religious nuts have been harangued and persecuted over their loony, Elitist and unsocial ways ever since they dreamt up and institutionalized their contrived beliefs.


You demonstrate such a one dimension cartoon picture of Christians I think you only read the cartoons and believe everything you read as gospel. Let me tell you about a bridge I have to sell. You would like it - it is going for a bargain and is worth millions.

Christians don't think they have any rights. Being "born again" is saying I don't have any rights to hold onto - everything about me is in Christ. We place our entire identity in Christ. What rights do Christians ever insist upon? I could for instance state that the Australian Country is a Christian nation by democracy. It is the largest religion and worldview in Australia. True it is shrinking - but it is still the largest. Yet that is a right that every majority group in Australia could insist upon. And I never see Christians insisting upon it.

what other rights do they insist upon? Freedom of religion! . Now that would be ironic - would it not? Imagine if Christians insisted - No freedom of religion - just let the majority decide and everyone else can suck it up. Or better still - just follow the crown - which is an Anglican religion. Everyone else can go to prison.

Australia has a religion document for a constitution. It invokes the name of Almighty God in its preamble. Its head of the State the Queen - has to be a protestant. This is the law. Should we insist upon the law right now as every other law abiding person might insist.

Despite rhetoric that we are secular - over and over again - the Legal constitution of Australia contradicts this notion completely. Yes, S. 51 says that no religion can be established. Yet, It is premised on the very real fact that our head of state is a protestant head of state. This is the law and this is the fact right now. I challenge you to prove me wrong.
Willows
Posts: 11,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2018 10:24:10 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
Tradesecret wrote:
I have figured.
And the reason I harangue theists over human rights is that they have a habit of placing their rights above the rights of others in society.

If they don't like the haranguing then, Tough because they should be used to it by now.

Religious nuts have been harangued and persecuted over their loony, Elitist and unsocial ways ever since they dreamt up and institutionalized their contrived beliefs.


You demonstrate such a one dimension cartoon picture of Christians I think you only read the cartoons and believe everything you read as gospel. Let me tell you about a bridge I have to sell. You would like it - it is going for a bargain and is worth millions.

Christians don't think they have any rights. Being "born again" is saying I don't have any rights to hold onto - everything about me is in Christ. We place our entire identity in Christ. What rights do Christians ever insist upon? I could for instance state that the Australian Country is a Christian nation by democracy. It is the largest religion and worldview in Australia. True it is shrinking - but it is still the largest. Yet that is a right that every majority group in Australia could insist upon. And I never see Christians insisting upon it.

what other rights do they insist upon? Freedom of religion! . Now that would be ironic - would it not? Imagine if Christians insisted - No freedom of religion - just let the majority decide and everyone else can suck it up. Or better still - just follow the crown - which is an Anglican religion. Everyone else can go to prison.

Australia has a religion document for a constitution. It invokes the name of Almighty God in its preamble. Its head of the State the Queen - has to be a protestant. This is the law. Should we insist upon the law right now as every other law abiding person might insist.


Despite rhetoric that we are secular - over and over again - the Legal constitution of Australia contradicts this notion completely. Yes, S. 51 says that no religion can be established. Yet, It is premised on the very real fact that our head of state is a protestant head of state. This is the law and this is the fact right now. I challenge you to prove me wrong.

The law of the land makes it an offence to vilify gays yet religious organisations do so and cite their right to practice religion.

Abortion is legal yet, Religious groups believe otherwise and will cite their right to practice religion.

Is it right that religious groups should exempt themselves from the rules that the rest of society follow?
Tradesecret
Posts: 1,430
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2018 10:28:49 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
The law of the land makes it an offence to vilify gays yet religious organisations do so and cite their right to practice religion.

I think you are incorrect about religious groups here. Religious groups like every other group in society have a culture and ethos it adheres to. I do not see religious groups vilifying gays. Religious groups may not support gays or condone the gay's choice - but this is not anything similar to vilifying gays. Any more I suggest that how gays and many others in the community "vilify" the church or those opposed to them.

Abortion is legal yet, Religious groups believe otherwise and will cite their right to practice religion.

Abortion is partially legal. It is also partially illegal. In our nation murder is illegal. Self defence or defence for another is legal. Abortion is a bad law - for it calls murder a selfish right of a would be mother. This is not a religious matter anyway. It is a matter of public interest for groups far wider than religious organisations. Many atheists form part of these anti-abortion groups for they see how inconsistent it is with their ethics.

Is it right that religious groups should exempt themselves from the rules that the rest of society follow?

I think that if the rules of society have intentionally made religious groups - separate from society, Such as separation of church and state, Then logically and consistently, Religious groups should be exempt. If the society embraced religious groups as part and parcel of the community then at least the question of whether exemption ought to be erased might be discussed. But we have to crawl before we walk.

Is the church for instance, Private or public? Most people in the church see it as a public organisation. Most people in the community see it as a private institution. Which is it? Why is it that a church alone in the community can be sued despite the fact that it is not a legal person - and yet cannot sue someone else because of the same reason? That is a clear discrimination on the part of the state over the church. Churches don't have to pay tax. Well this is not quite true. Churches do pay tax - they pay rates, They GST, They pay capital gains tax, They pay levies. They don't pay income tax. Well this is not exclusive to churches. It is the same rule for all charities and non-profit organisations. Many of which are secular. Many of the large income producing churches like Hillsong do pay tax. It is because they are a corporation and a legal entity. They have to separate their charitable work from their other income streams. And the ATO keeps a very strong eye on them. Yet I seem to recall that over 1/3 of all secular companies in the Australia did not pay tax last year even though they made millions of dollars in profit.

Religious organisations are subject to the same laws as everyone else. And more infact. You should do your homework.

It is my view personally that most of your problems actually stem from a socialist government - which promotes big government. Governments should keep out of the moral sphere in society and keep to what is designed to look after.
Willows
Posts: 11,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2018 10:21:09 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
Tradesecret wrote:
The law of the land makes it an offence to vilify gays yet religious organisations do so and cite their right to practice religion.

I think you are incorrect about religious groups here. Religious groups like every other group in society have a culture and ethos it adheres to. I do not see religious groups vilifying gays. Religious groups may not support gays or condone the gay's choice - but this is not anything similar to vilifying gays. Any more I suggest that how gays and many others in the community "vilify" the church or those opposed to them.

The Bible clearly states "If a man also lie with mankind, As he lieth with a woman, Both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood. "
. . . . . And Christian groups are more than willing to use this quote to justify their homophobia.

Geeziz bloody Kerrrist. . . . If that is not vilification, I'm a blind monkey's uncle.
Tradesecret
Posts: 1,430
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2018 11:36:16 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
There are no Christians agitating for the death of homosexuals. Get a life Willows, Because you obviously don't even understand the religious group you vilify with every dying breath.
Willows
Posts: 11,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2018 7:12:29 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
Tradesecret wrote:
There are no Christians agitating for the death of homosexuals. Get a life Willows, Because you obviously don't even understand the religious group you vilify with every dying breath.

Oh, So the Westboro Baptists go marching down the road with "Death Penalty For F*gs" banners as a joke and don't really mean it, Do they?
Tradesecret
Posts: 1,430
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2018 8:19:00 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
Oh, So the Westboro Baptists go marching down the road with "Death Penalty For F*gs" banners as a joke and don't really mean it, Do they?

That particular group do not rate as Christians. They are like the JWs and the Mormons - a cult - but much worse than those two - they are hate filled and demonstrate no grace of God.

Just because they think that they are Christians does not make them one. And if you were intellectually honest you would not try and tar the Christian brush using extremists.
Willows
Posts: 11,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2018 9:18:08 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
Tradesecret wrote:
Oh, So the Westboro Baptists go marching down the road with "Death Penalty For F*gs" banners as a joke and don't really mean it, Do they?

That particular group do not rate as Christians. They are like the JWs and the Mormons - a cult - but much worse than those two - they are hate filled and demonstrate no grace of God.

Just because they think that they are Christians does not make them one. And if you were intellectually honest you would not try and tar the Christian brush using extremists.

Westboro Baptists is a Christian Church whose members are Christians.
You stated, "There are no Christians agitating for the death of homosexuals. "

The Bible, Which is used by all Christian denominations clearly states, "If a man also lie with mankind, As he lieth with a woman, Both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood. "

You are wrong.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.