Jump to topic:

Hostility towards God

bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2018 3:42:16 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Obviously its evident that people have some sort of hostility towards God. But how can you hate that which you don't think exists? From an atheist perspective this would be like me running around making arguments why the tooth fairy or santa clause is evil.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2018 4:18:53 PM
I imagine anti theists hate what they view as the negative function of god and religion.

They also exhibit such hate toward god possibly because others represent him as another person, And they are saying how much they would hate him if he were a person, And thus how much they think the theist who thinks he is a real person should hate him.

Also been plenty of people who hate fictional characters in life.

Note that I am note saying that god is not real or evil. Just that antitheists view him that way.
Athias
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2018 6:09:29 PM
bigotry wrote:
Obviously its evident that people have some sort of hostility towards God. But how can you hate that which you don't think exists? From an atheist perspective this would be like me running around making arguments why the tooth fairy or santa clause is evil.

A better question would be: how do you know of that which you don't think exists? If something doesn't exist, How are you even able to think about it? It's a semantic error that has been allowed to persist for years. We assume existence to be synonymous with physicality; that's not the case. Existence is essentially to have form--physical or otherwise. Atheists claim to know that God does not exist, Yet fail to provide any indication of how they're able to perceive non-existence other than the semantic error with which they've been indoctrinated.

The hostility towards God is borne out of their gnostic and rather dogmatic belief that God does not exist. The concept of the latter is one to which they're emotionally attached, Which can vary among individuals; hence the emotional reaction.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2018 6:19:55 PM
Just an edit.

Note that I am not saying that god is not real or evil. Just that 'I think antitheists view him that way in general.
anonthegreat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2018 8:07:50 PM
Athias, You make good rational points. Where did they come from? The arguments in all cases come back to defining words based on what man wants to believe, And yet, There is always at least one side, Sometime two or more, That refuse to believe what they create are contrived assumptions with controlled parameters, Or the way you define the dynamic is even better.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2018 11:46:33 PM
anonthegreat wrote:
Athias, You make good rational points. Where did they come from? The arguments in all cases come back to defining words based on what man wants to believe, And yet, There is always at least one side, Sometime two or more, That refuse to believe what they create are contrived assumptions with controlled parameters, Or the way you define the dynamic is even better.

Don't forget you said God is the creator of all evil in this world.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2019 9:18:59 AM
bigotry wrote:

Obviously, You don't get it.

Allow me to elucidate.

When a theist says that God is an evil son-of-a-bitch, He is merely omitting the words "the delusional, Imaginary master of nitwits" before the word "God".

There are many arguments as to why the delusional, Imaginary master of nitwits, God is evil. For example, The Bible states many accounts of the delusional, Imaginary master of nitwits, God committing genocide.

Also, One must consider the mythical account of the delusional, Imaginary master of nitwits, God flooding the world and drowning almost every life form, Including innocent animals, Women, And children just because they failed in their duties to kiss the arse of the delusional, Imaginary master of nitwits, God.

Someone running around deriding the mythical characters, The tooth fairy, And Santa Claus as being evil would be considered a nitwit since there is no argument in the first place that either of these characters is evil.

But then, Nitwits being nitwits by believing imaginary things will always concoct stupid straw-man arguments in order to show off their deluded states of mind.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.