Was Hitler A Catholic

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2018 7:58:56 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Son: Mum, Was Hitler mad?

Mother: Well, He certainly was mad about losing the war and I wouldn't exactly say that he was a happy-go-lucky sort of person.

Son: Yeah, But wasn't he bad also?

Mother: He was a very bad man and belonged to the Nazi party; one of the evilest organizations ever concocted.

Son: Wasn't he a Christian?

Mother: Hitler claimed to be a devout Catholic but I really don't think he was that bad.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2018 11:15:04 PM
See, That the type of thing that annoys me Willows. Blatantly disregarding the truth of a matter and putting a purely ideological spin on the matter. If you don't like it when you think religious people do it, Why do it yourself?

If you truly know the truth and have the right viewpoint on the subject, Then you ought to know better than to distort the truth to simply serve your own agenda.

That vast majority of people (I assume) recognize Hitler as a person who feigned an identify as a person of religious faith, To better be able to seize and control power. And that does not mean to me 'Ohhh just like all other religious people'.

While you may not have said that, That is the vibe I get from you. Perhaps there have been dishonest people of religion, But there are dishonest people in life. It's not as though it's purely a religious phenomenon. Usually if someone tells me they're religious or possess a belief, I believe them.

As for Hitler, I think it's well documented his actions and words. Not to mention Martin Bormann, That anti religious nut.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2019 12:19:04 PM
Leaning wrote:
See, That the type of thing that annoys me Willows. Blatantly disregarding the truth of a matter and putting a purely ideological spin on the matter. If you don't like it when you think religious people do it, Why do it yourself?

If you truly know the truth and have the right viewpoint on the subject, Then you ought to know better than to distort the truth to simply serve your own agenda.

That vast majority of people (I assume) recognize Hitler as a person who feigned an identify as a person of religious faith, To better be able to seize and control power. And that does not mean to me 'Ohhh just like all other religious people'.

While you may not have said that, That is the vibe I get from you. Perhaps there have been dishonest people of religion, But there are dishonest people in life. It's not as though it's purely a religious phenomenon. Usually if someone tells me they're religious or possess a belief, I believe them.

As for Hitler, I think it's well documented his actions and words. Not to mention Martin Bormann, That anti religious nut.

Now, Put those two thoughts together:
1) The truth of the matter. . . And
2) Feigning an identity as a person of religious faith, To better be able to seize and control power.

I'm glad you picked up on the point I was making in that religion has always been used as a tool by those in power to exercise control and power over others.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2019 12:26:13 PM
I wonder am I missing/ignoring your point? Or are you missing/ignoring mine?

I do not consider Hitler a true Catholic.

I do not consider religion to be an organization whose top leaders are all atheists

pretending to be religious for the sole purpose of power in some worldwide Illuminati-esque situation.

I won't deny that all people in life are not what they say they are. I won't deny that many religions are organizations. The Catholics for example. And organizations do what organizations do. But not in the manner I perceive you as hinting.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2019 12:29:07 PM

I do not consider all religions to be organizations whose top leaders are all atheists

pretending to be religious for the sole purpose of power in some worldwide Illuminati-esque conspiracy.

I won't deny that not all people in life are what they say they are. I won't deny that many religions are organizations. The Catholics for example. And organizations do what organizations do. But not in the manner I perceive you as hinting.

Bah, Edit. I got too irritated and hasty in posting.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2019 4:48:46 PM
Leaning wrote:

I do not consider all religions to be organizations whose top leaders are all atheists

pretending to be religious for the sole purpose of power in some worldwide Illuminati-esque conspiracy.

I won't deny that not all people in life are what they say they are. I won't deny that many religions are organizations. The Catholics for example. And organizations do what organizations do. But not in the manner I perceive you as hinting.

Bah, Edit. I got too irritated and hasty in posting.

Only Christians believe dead Jews can forgive sins. They have been spreading their beliefs that Jesus a Jew died for their sins 2000 years ago. Hitler a Christian/Catholic took his beliefs to clear the slate of 2000 years of Christian sinners since Jesus. How he arrived at 6 million Jews is still a mystery. But who is complaining?

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.