Jump to topic:

Why Hate Gays?

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2019 12:02:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Son: Mum, Why are religious people so weird?

Mother: Well, As a matter of fact, The Oxford dictionary describes weird:
| wiad |
adjective
1 suggesting something supernatural; unearthly: weird, Inhuman sounds

. . . . . So, In the true sense of the word, Religious people are weird. Why do you ask?

Son: Well, There is a new kid at school, He's really cool and his name is Gervais. But all the Christian kids tease him just because he talks like a girl and walks in a funny way. And they say weird things like "shoving fudge", "fruit" and "pansy".

Mother: It is symptomatic of Christians to harbor hatred against minority groups and for no real reason except out of ignorance and arrogance. What's worse is that they are so cowardly as to deny their hatred or say that it is the will of God.

Son: Mum, Can I take my slingshot to show and tell tomorrow?

Mother: By all means dear. Take some of those jagged stones from the garden with you also (winks).

Son: (winks)
WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2019 12:15:30 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
Given that your caricature of Christians is a strawman there is no need to address this post.
- WhereDoWeBegin: shining the bright light of truth into the eyes of those who refuse to see it.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2019 8:07:10 PM
WhereDoWeBegin wrote:
Given that your caricature of Christians is a strawman there is no need to address this post.
I have at no time caricatured Christians as a strawman. . . . What on earth are you talking about?

Or rather, As per the other post, Why do you not have the intestinal fortitude to make a statement or refutation?

Making prejudiced, Snide remarks usually disguises the fact that you have no valid, Reasoned, Intelligent reply.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2019 4:58:14 AM

I have at no time caricatured Christians as a strawman. . . . What on earth are you talking about?

You start out with your assumption that Christians are weird as given, Then assume that Christian harass and insult minorities, What strawman do you think he's talking about?

Or rather, As per the other post, Why do you not have the intestinal fortitude to make a statement or refutation?

Your boiler plate response. Like it takes "intestinal fortitude" to respond to your lame post. He did refute you with a statement, Your argument caricatures Christians and then uses them as a strawman. You always pretend your argument has not been addressed when your little posts are struck down.

Making prejudiced, Snide remarks usually disguises the fact that you have no valid, Reasoned, Intelligent reply.

Again, You're talking about yourself. Your entire post was prejudiced and snide, Wink, Wink. But you're not self aware.

Take it easy. You've got one noob (not really as his account is 5 years old) who doesn't know you're a troll with OCD, And is willing to respond to your repeatative posts, Don't scare him away.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2019 12:50:05 PM
ethang5 wrote:

You start out with your assumption that Christians are weird as given, Then assume that Christian harass and insult minorities, What strawman do you think he's talking about?

Your boiler plate response. Like it takes "intestinal fortitude" to respond to your lame post. He did refute you with a statement, Your argument caricatures Christians and then uses them as a strawman. You always pretend your argument has not been addressed when your little posts are struck down.

Again, You're talking about yourself. Your entire post was prejudiced and snide, Wink, Wink. But you're not self aware.

Take it easy. You've got one noob (not really as his account is 5 years old) who doesn't know you're a troll with OCD, And is willing to respond to your repeatative posts, Don't scare him away.

Perhaps he got his habit of sneering from the sidelines and never actually playing a game from you.

Didn't you ever get a sore posterior from spending so much time sitting on the reserves bench?
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2019 2:28:44 PM
Posted: 11 months ago

Perhaps he got his habit of sneering from the sidelines and never actually playing a game from you.

Didn't you ever get a sore posterior from spending so much time sitting on the reserves bench?

Reserves? I'm the one who can go play on the Senior field while you're stuck here repetitively posting to no one. How much self awareness do you lack?

I recognized him immediately as your typical Dunning-Kruger combox atheist, No different from the hundreds of others I've encountered over the years, Impervious to rational argument.

You've got him pegged, Though his self image is a tad more flattering. Enjoy, Though you will find him a lot more impervious to rational argument than most.
WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2019 4:20:57 AM
In other words, You are quite prepared to make snide, Cryptical comments

There was nothing cryptic about any of my comments, But regardless I'll let you in on a little secret: I couldn't care less what you think. You are one of those Dunning-Kruger types who imagines himself the victor in every encounter no matter how badly outmatched you may be.

I am not here to attempt to convince you -- you are impervious to rational argument -- nor do I give a smidgen of a femtogram of a d*mn what your personal assessment of our interaction is.

I am merely placing into the record a rational response to some of your incoherencies, And I am perfectly happy to leave it up to passers-by to decide for themselves which of us is the more rational.
- WhereDoWeBegin: shining the bright light of truth into the eyes of those who refuse to see it.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2019 11:59:56 AM
WhereDoWeBegin wrote:
In other words, You are quite prepared to make snide, Cryptical comments

There was nothing cryptic about any of my comments, But regardless I'll let you in on a little secret: I couldn't care less what you think. You are one of those Dunning-Kruger types who imagines himself the victor in every encounter no matter how badly outmatched you may be.

I am not here to attempt to convince you -- you are impervious to rational argument -- nor do I give a smidgen of a femtogram of a d*mn what your personal assessment of our interaction is.

I am merely placing into the record a rational response to some of your incoherencies, And I am perfectly happy to leave it up to passers-by to decide for themselves which of us is the more rational.

How about plucking up the guts to actually make a rational response to the subject matter of the thread which you have never done. I have asked for the third time now and each time you divert and avoid giving a direct answer.

Ever heard of being up-front?

(Watch what he does with this folks. . . . . Will he muster up the guts to actually address a thread or will he continue to troll, Maintain his deception and only (try to) pick fault of those with enough honesty and guts to make a statement or valid argument? . . . . . You guessed it. . . He will use the last resort of every deluded, Deceptive religious nut and pour out gratuitous hot-headed temper)
WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2019 1:12:03 PM
Reread my previous post. I don't give a smidgen of a femtogram of a d*mn whether you find my arguments rational. And the fact that you now feel compelled to plead your case directly to the audience is symptomatic of your insecurity in yours.

My original point stands : your OP is nothing more than a contrived strawman argument predicated on acaricature of Christians.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.