Jump to topic:

What Preoccupies Us?

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2019 10:24:19 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Some studies have shown that in many cases the biggest preoccupation with many people is their occupation, Their day to day work.

But apart from your career, What sort of thing are you most preoccupied with?

For some, It may be raising a family, For others, It may be a sport or a hobby. My "overindulgence" is my "man cave" full of guitars and sound equipment. I get lost in there for hours on end some days.

But let's spare a thought for many around the world whose one preoccupation in life is being tied down as a slave to serving a brutal master. Remarkably these "slaves" have never seen or heard their master, Relying on word-of-mouth utterances by henchmen. They are made to enter into a sadomasochistic relationship whereby they love their master and fear him at the same time,

These slaves are made to pay a portion of their hard-earned money to the henchmen who in turn intimidate the slaves with threats of eternal punishment and separation from their families for not doing as they are told.

What's more many of the henchman of this invisible master are continually pressuring these slaves into the morbid idea that the end of the world is near and all that matters is serving the master since anything else they do for society is fruitless anyway.

It's hard to believe, Isn't it?
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2019 3:23:17 PM
your attempt to segway from free time activities to indentured servitude sucked.

if it be voluntary activity to maintain an institution by trusting what the institution's assigned leader informs them of what is necessary to maintain the institution, Then why does that bother you? And why should anyone care that it does? If one doesn't agree to volunteer, Then like you they do something else with their time and money.

since when is the world supposed to be like you?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2019 5:16:03 PM
DPMartin wrote:
your attempt to segway from free time activities to indentured servitude sucked.

if it be voluntary activity to maintain an institution by trusting what the institution's assigned leader informs them of what is necessary to maintain the institution, Then why does that bother you? And why should anyone care that it does? If one doesn't agree to volunteer, Then like you they do something else with their time and money.

Would you prefer everyone was like Anonthegreat a Christian spirit orb celebrating an intervention that resulted in his present state of mind of indentured servitude? A reincarnated Noah standing before God on a sea of glass in heaven and being told what to say which absolves him from any accountability for his blasphemous lying and lunacy. That sounds very much like Jesus's defense.

John 12:49 I have not spoken on My own, But the Father who sent Me has commanded Me what to say and how to say it.

I am surprised Christians like you have adopted an attitude of indentured servitude towards anyone who displays a Christ like profundity.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2019 7:07:59 AM
DPMartin wrote:

The world is like me, Or rather, I belong to a normal decent society.

I do not belong to an elitist organization that is preoccupied with plying its followers with lies and deceit through fear and guilt and incite hatred towards minority groups and others who don't share its distorted, Primitive views.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.