Jump to topic:

If Your Post Fails, Do This

ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2019 7:55:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If you make a post and it fails to show. . . .

Look at the number of the final post in the thread and remember it, This is important.

DDO has 30 posts per page. So if the final post listed is above 30, There will be more than one page of posts.

There are 4 problems with dropped posts. Each one requires you to do something different.
1. You make a post and the post doesn't show, And the post total listed does not change.
2. You make a post and the post doesn't show, But the post total listed does change.
3. The site does not allow you to navigate to the last post. This happens when the thread post total is more than 30.
4. You cannot make a post at all. The "Review" button works, But you get an error page every time you hit the "POST" button.

Solution 1
Do not use the "Quote & Reply" button unless you need to alert the person whose post you are responding to.
If you do think you must use the "Quote & Reply" button, completely delete the first 2 lines of text in the post.

Your posts will now work.

Solution 2
Do not hit the "Reply" or the "Quote & Reply" buttons on the final post of the thread. Go to the first post in the thread of the person to whom you wish to reply and click the "Reply" button there.

If that person has only one post in the thread, You will have to reply using the post of another poster in that thread, And it will make no sense to use the "Quote & Reply" button in those cases.

If you just have to quote part of the post to which you need to reply, Copy and past it into your post. Do not keep any of the text from the post you clicked "Reply" on.

Solution 3
The contents of your post may be the problem.
Remove all symbols like pluses, Stars, Hashes, Equal signs, Etc. Especially if these characters are repeated.
Do not allow links in your posts to hyperlink. Remove the "http:" in all links in your post. Yours, And any in the text of of the person you are quoting, If there are any. Better, Delete all links if your post can tolerate no links.

Your post will now show up. This will also free up blocked thread so that the final page will now be accessible.

If you try these solutions and your post still fails to show, You have missed something in the text of your post. Check carefully.

The site has dropped some posts days AFTER they were posted. The reason for this has not been determined, But someone is making changes to the page, As we can see from the irritating new drop down and pop up ads. Those suck. Instead of correcting the site's malfunctions, The owners are beefing up the ads.

Please, Please, Please, Do not click on the ads.

The site has dropped whole threads. I assume this is also due to an error of the people making the changes to the site.

If this thread disappears or if my account is deleted, Then you will know they saw this post and it was because I warned others not to click on their ads.

If anyone has other solutions for board malfunctions, Or want to report a problem, Please post them here.

Please do not feed the trolls, Leave that job to the professionals.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2019 8:37:30 PM
And of course, This insightful advice was brought to you by someone who still has repeated difficulty in making posts and, Well talk about strawmen folks. . . . . . . He uses the good ole "posts go missing" excuse for not addressing topics.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2019 9:23:45 PM
Leaning wrote:
Post #1
Interesting post.

Your profile is just as interesting. Hope we caught you between lapses.

Learning's profile:
About me: Shallow education. A bit rambly. A bit lacking in coherence at times. Generally meh. I'm usually a rather friendly and polite person I'd say, Although I do have lapses on occasion.
Activities:I like to read books, Read online, Watch YouTube, Night walks, Eat food, Stay in passable physical health.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2019 9:45:04 PM
And of course, This insightful advice was brought to you by someone who still has repeated difficulty in making posts.

This supports the claim that the board has problems.

and, Well talk about strawmen folks. . . . . He uses the good ole "posts go missing" excuse for not addressing topics.

Yet this implies there is no problem and that I am making excuses.

So am I an incompetent having trouble posting or just making excuses?

In your thread, The second post has disappeared. The post that is 2nd now has quotes from the deleted original 2nd post, And the entire thread, "Ethang: I Am Not A Proud African" is gone.

I have addressed your threads topic. "Descent Christian". So has Where. How often does a thread of yours exceed 1 post?
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2019 9:45:17 PM
And of course, This insightful advice was brought to you by someone who still has repeated difficulty in making posts.

This supports the claim that the board has problems.

and, Well talk about strawmen folks. . . . . He uses the good ole "posts go missing" excuse for not addressing topics.

Yet this implies there is no problem and that I am making excuses.

So am I an incompetent having trouble posting or just making excuses?

In your thread, The second post has disappeared. The post that is 2nd now has quotes from the deleted original 2nd post, And the entire thread, "Ethang: I Am Not A Proud African" is gone.

I have addressed your threads topic. "Descent Christian". So has Where. How often does a thread of yours exceed 1 post?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2019 9:52:25 PM
Ethang, I noticed your post which you tried 3 minutes ago failed. Did you follow your own advice?

Do you find the technology more complicated than running bibles to countries which outlaw the possession of bibles? You bible delivery routine was developed over 15 years. Maybe you need more time to master the Internet.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2019 10:04:26 PM
Ethang, I noticed your post which you tried 3 minutes ago failed. Did you follow your own advice?

I was testing the post by willows. The error seems to happen more often with his posts. And I found what he does that causes the error, But I cannot post it or trolls like you would wax idiot with it.

Do you find the technology more complicated than running bibles to countries which outlaw the possession of bibles?

It takes no technology to carry a bible. What technology did you think it took?

You bible delivery routine was developed over 15 years. Maybe you need more time to master the Internet.

Perhaps, But you'd be surprised to know bibles are run all over the world. As I said, Your religion grows only by birth into it, So you know nothing about evangelism.

Bible running is new to you, Though you claim to be a bible scholar.

I didn't expect you to follow me so quickly stalker, But at least you have remained sane. You start babbling about Africa, Or start posting the same stupidity over and over and you starve.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2019 11:03:09 PM
ethang5 wrote:

I was testing the post by willows. The error seems to happen more often with his posts. And I found what he does that causes the error, But I cannot post it or trolls like you would wax idiot with it.

Do you find the technology more complicated than running bibles to countries which outlaw the possession of bibles?

So you admit what you have been doing for over 15 years was low tech low IQ delivery work.

You bible delivery routine was developed over 15 years. Maybe you need more time to master the Internet.

Perhaps, But you'd be surprised to know bibles are run all over the world. As I said, Your religion grows only by birth into it, So you know nothing about evangelism.

You said bibles are outlawed
Ethang5 wrote: I live in Africa where I run Bibles to countries which outlaw the possession of Bibles. Been doing it for more than 15 years to many countries. I have 3 children.

Yet 80% of Africans are Christians. And Bibles are available for free online.

I didn't expect you to follow me so quickly stalker, But at least you have remained sane. You start babbling about Africa, Or start posting the same stupidity over and over and you starve.
How can I be stupid when you are the delivery mule running bible for over 15 years when bibles have been available for free online.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 12:32:16 AM

So you admit what you have been doing for over 15 years was low tech low IQ delivery work.

In many countries yes. Did you not know that bible scholar?

Ethang5 wrote: I live in Africa where I run Bibles to countries which outlaw the possession of Bibles. Been doing it for more than 15 years to many countries. I have 3 children.

Yet 80% of Africans are Christians.

Yes. Yet what? Your lack of knowledge in Christian history must greatly trouble you.

And Bibles are available for free online.

To those who have internet, A computer, Can read, And live in a country where it is allowed. Did you not know this bible scholar?

How can I be stupid when you are the delivery mule running bible for over 15 years when bibles have been available for free online.

I don't know. Are you asking a question? You never place question marks. Again, Was your education in India not in English?

But if you are asking a question, It's very easy how you can be stupid. Would you like me to explain it to you?

Actually, If it is a question, It quite clearly demonstrates your stupidity, But I'll wait till you let me know if it was a question or not.

In any case, I did not say you were stupid, Bit that if you start posting the same stupidity over and over. Of course, One could argue that only a stupid person would post stupidity, Especially over and over. But let's not rush to judgement.

Stalk much?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 1:41:16 AM
ethang5 wrote:

Yes. Yet what? Your lack of knowledge in Christian history must greatly trouble you.

To those who have internet, A computer, Can read, And live in a country where it is allowed. Did you not know this bible scholar?

So you lied when you said this: " In our having better internet than you, Less corruption than you, And in not being a shithole country. "
You have now been proven wrong on all 3 counts. Lol!

I don't know. Are you asking a question? You never place question marks. Again, Was your education in India not in English?

This is a discussion forum not your grammar class.
How can I be stupid when you are the delivery mule running bible for over 15 years, When bibles have been available for free online?

See, It still doesn't change the fact you live in Ghana Africa a shithole country and you have been a delivery mule for over 15 years delivering free bibles to countries which outlaw possession of bibles. How dumb is that?

But if you are asking a question, It's very easy how you can be stupid. Would you like me to explain it to you?

From the structure of the sentence you should know it is a question. But after 15 years as a delivery mule, Delivering free bibles is all you know.

Actually, If it is a question, It quite clearly demonstrates your stupidity, But I'll wait till you let me know if it was a question or not.

How can I be stupid when you are the delivery mule running bible for over 15 years, When bibles have been available for free online?

In any case, I did not say you were stupid, Bit that if you start posting the same stupidity over and over. Of course, One could argue that only a stupid person would post stupidity, Especially over and over. But let's not rush to judgement.

Stalk much?

My posts are in response to your posts that are full of lies and distortions. It always follow your posts that are addressed to Harikrish.
WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 6:07:49 AM
ethang5 wrote:

2. You make a post and the post doesn't show, But the post total listed does change.

Testing
- WhereDoWeBegin: shining the bright light of truth into the eyes of those who refuse to see it.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 6:10:29 AM

Because I asked you What technology you think it took? Remember when you asked my how can you be stupid?

For a guy who asks so many questions, You sure dodge questions a lot.

So you lied when you said this: " In our having better internet than you, Less corruption than you, And in not being a shithole country. "

No. You asked in what way does Ghana show progress, And I answered, "In our having better internet than you, Less corruption than you, And in not being a shithole country. "

All of that is true. I have consistently out posted you, A day ago you tried an entire day and could not outpost me due to Ghana's faster internet. Ghana and 11 other African countries did better than you on the most recent corruption index, And Ghana has no crowd of its citizens or leaders calling it a shithole country like India does. Are you confused?

You have now been proven wrong on all 3 counts. Lol!

OK stupid.

This is a discussion forum not your grammar class.

It isn't always about blacks either hypocrite.

See, It still doesn't change the fact you live in Ghana Africa a shithole country and you have been a delivery mule for over 15 years delivering free bibles to countries which outlaw possession of bibles. How dumb is that?

Pretty dumb. You just answered your own comment. Did you forget to include my comment as you were. . . Ahem. . . Editing your post? Your IQ is way too low for you to be so insulting and presumptuous.

From the structure of the sentence you should know it is a question.

Lol. Then why do we need question marks? Again. Was your "education" in India conducted in English?

But after 15 years as a delivery mule, Delivering free bibles is all you know.

OK stupid.

Easy. You are stupid because you are ignorant about evangelism and think it's "delivery", You are stupid because you call yourself an educated bible scholar but you are unaware that many people do not have translations of the bible in their language, Have no access to the internet, Or live in countries where bibles are restricted. You are stupid for thinking what I am could have any baring on you being stupid. I could be anything, And you could still be stupid. That's how.

In any case, I did not say you were stupid, But that if you start posting the same stupidity over and over. Of course, One could argue that only a stupid person would post stupidity, Especially over and over. But let's not rush to judgement.

Stalk much?

My posts are in response to your posts that are full of lies and distortions.

Really? Which one in this thread was full of lies and distortions? And you address those "lies and distortions" by posting the same stupidity about Africa over and over? >>shrug<< OK stupid.

It always follow your posts that are addressed to Harikrish.

There was no post in this thread addressed to Hindu hari before you stalked in. But here you are, Stupidly posting the same thing you've posted in every single other thread. Are you confused?

You have nothing to add. You post over and over to tell me that I said I have 3 children. I know. You are angry and hurt, Past trying to make sense. Like a bested child shouting "nah-uh" at everything. I have beaten you into the silence of vain repetition.

When you start repeating posts, I'm done with you. I suffer from no obsessions, So I can toss you away whenever you become incoherent. You seem like you simply have to post, No matter how pointless your post is.

Eh.
WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 6:17:02 AM
ethang5, Are you replying to one of my posts? If so, Very odd, Because I don't see my own post that you're replying to.
- WhereDoWeBegin: shining the bright light of truth into the eyes of those who refuse to see it.
WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 6:21:34 AM
Ah, Never mind. THAT post did show up. Most of my other attempts, However, Have not.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 6:26:23 AM
Ah, Never mind. THAT post did show up. Most of my other attempts, However, Have not.

Have you figured out why they were not showing up?
WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 6:38:09 AM
So far, No. I am replying here via "Add Post" rather than "Quote & Reply" (I don't see the "Reply" link you mentioned in your post).

I successfully posted two replies in another thread after messing around with the first line of quoted text. I'll keep trying other variations on that.
WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 6:40:44 AM
ethang5 wrote:

This attempt is via "Reply & Quote", Editing the first line down to just "ethang5 wrote:"
WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 6:43:36 AM
ethang5 wrote:

This time "Reply & Quote", Edit initial line to just "ethang5 wrote:" and checking "Add to my 'Favorites'".
WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 6:45:00 AM
WhereDoWeBegin wrote:
ethang5 wrote:

This time "Reply & Quote", Edit initial line to just "ethang5 wrote:" and checking "Add to my 'Favorites'".

"Reply & Quote" to the last post in the thread, Editing the initial line.
WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 6:50:02 AM
6:45:00 AM, WhereDoWeBegin wrote:
WhereDoWeBegin wrote:
ethang5 wrote:

"Reply & Quote" to the last post in the thread, Abbreviating initial line as above.
WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 6:52:06 AM
6:50:02 AM, WhereDoWeBegin wrote:
WhereDoWeBegin wrote:
ethang5 wrote:

"Reply & Quote" to the last post in the thread, Abbreviating initial line as above.

WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 6:52:07 AM
WhereDoWeBegin wrote:
ethang5 wrote:

WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 6:53:08 AM
At 6:52:07 AM, WhereDoWeBegin wrote:
WhereDoWeBegin wrote:
ethang5 wrote:

WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 7:04:13 AM
Definitely something going on with the first line in "Reply & Quote" but I can't suss it. The behavior may not be consistent. At one point by deleting only the initial colon and the date I was able to get "Total Posts" to increment but not "Showing Posts" and my post did not appear.

This post is via "Add Post".
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 7:42:21 AM
Definitely something going on with the first line in "Reply & Quote" but I can't suss it. The behavior may not be consistent.

It isn't. And problems posting from the final post occur only when there is a problem with the final post. A problem can be organic, But can also be the result of "tricks" by the poster as in Willow's case.

At one point by deleting only the initial colon and the date I was able to get "Total Posts" to increment but not "Showing Posts" and my post did not appear.

The rules change slightly after the thread passes 30 posts. But glad you figured it out anyway. I doubt if willows shares my satisfaction.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 4:57:13 PM
wdwb,

Wanted to private message you about what willows does to make replying & posting after him difficult, But your account is not accepting messages.
WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 5:07:35 PM
ethang5 wrote:
your account is not accepting messages.

That"s probably the "Who can send you messages? " setting, Which I have set to the default "Only friends". I"ve sent you a friend request.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2019 8:54:13 PM
WhereDoWeBegin wrote:
ethang5 wrote:
your account is not accepting messages.

That"s probably the "Who can send you messages? " setting, Which I have set to the default "Only friends". I"ve sent you a friend request.

You must be desperate for your first. You don't even care what Ethang looks like behind the Ghanaian mask.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.