Total Posts:121|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why Do Atheists Consider Themselves Superior?

Speedrace
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 3:43:18 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
A lot of people on this debate sight who are atheistic go into debates as if they have already won because their side is "obviously right. " They then proceed to bully the opposing side simply because they give evidence that the atheist does not agree with.

I don't care about you beliefs. I just want to know why you can't respect mine.

I apologize to the atheists who are not like this.
WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 5:08:29 AM
There"s an atheist meme going around that claims all religions agree on three things:

We"re right.
You"re wrong.
We"re better than you.

Guess that makes atheism a religion.
- WhereDoWeBegin: shining the bright light of truth into the eyes of those who refuse to see it.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 5:56:53 AM
A lot of people on this debate sight who are atheistic go into debates as if they have already won because their side is "obviously right. " They then proceed to bully the opposing side simply because they give evidence that the atheist does not agree with.

You said atheists go into debates as if they have already won. That is why they don't debate. Why debate when you've won already? And they get angry and hurl insults because they perceive theists as contradicting what they see as the truth.

There aren't any atheists who are not that way currently on this site.

If the world hates you, Know that it hated me first. The world hates me because I convict it of sin. - Jesus Christ
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 5:57:14 AM

You said atheists go into debates as if they have already won. That is why they don't debate. Why debate when you've won already? And they get angry and hurl insults because they perceive theists as contradicting what they see as the truth.

There aren't any atheists who are not that way currently on this site.

If the world hates you, Know that it hated me first. The world hates me because I convict it of sin. - Jesus Christ
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 8:15:32 AM

It's not that people "don't agree" your evidence, It is that there has never been any evidence put forward t=for theistic beliefs that is acceptable in and rational discussion.

If you then want to maintain a belief without evidence, Go ahead.

What seems to be the case is that you are upset that the flaws in your arguments are being shown to you.

Br upset if you wish, But it isn't "bullying".
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 8:19:11 AM
And they get angry and hurl insults because they perceive theists as contradicting what they see as the truth.

Wow. This from someone who frequently puts insults IN THE OP!

"Because, My ignorant friend there were no (meaning, You know, Some) amputees! "
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 9:00:13 AM
Just as speedrace says, You come in assuming you're already right. Thanks for validating his point.

And they get angry and hurl insults because they perceive theists as contradicting what they see as the truth.

Wow. This from someone who frequently puts insults IN THE OP!

Never. My insults come after the idiot atheist (you) has polluted the thread with his bile. But I debate and argue. The atheist doesn't. Speedrace did not complain about insults, But about morons who enter debates as if they are already right. Like your last post.

"Because, My ignorant friend there were no (meaning, You know, Some) amputees! "

I know why you idiots keep brining up this thread, I beat all of you soundly, But idiot atheists consider a circle jerk a win. That thread is still on the site, Bring it up and let others see how good your " logic" was. Years later and you idiots are still butthurt over your beating.

So don't just keep cryptically referring to it as if you weren't shown to be an idiot in it.

My god, Bully agreed with you. Do you know what that means? Of course you don't.
WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 9:32:37 AM
Wizofoz wrote:
It's not that people "don't agree" your evidence, It is that there has never been any evidence put forward t=for theistic beliefs that is acceptable in and rational discussion.

*Y-A-A-A-A-A-W-N*

Apparently when you become an atheist they make you memorize a three-page pamphlet entitled, "How to Argue Like an Atheist", Because every single atheist I've ever run across spouts the same three tired lines: "lack of belief"; no evidence; can't prove a negative.

At least *try* to show some originality.
- WhereDoWeBegin: shining the bright light of truth into the eyes of those who refuse to see it.
WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 9:44:34 AM
Wizofoz wrote:
there has never been any evidence put forward

Here's just a small sampling of the evidence theists have been putting forward for God for more than two thousand years.

And don't even bother with the "It's not convincing" dodge, As if you've actually examined every one of these arguments. I guaranteed you haven't even heard of at least nine-tenths of them, Nor do you understand even the ones you have.

EVIDENCE: a sign or indicator that something is true ; a reason to believe

The Leibnizian Contingency Argument
The Leibnizian Cosmological Argument
Kant's Transcendental Argument
Kant's Possibility Proof
Arguments from Biological Complexity
The Quinque Viae of Aquinas
The Aristotelian Proof
The Neo-Platonic Proof
The Augustinian Proof
The Thomistic Proof
The Rationalist Proof
The Argument from Change
The Argument from Causality
The Argument from Time and Contingency
The Argument from Degrees of Perfection
The Design Argument
The kalaam
The Argument from Contingency
The Argument from the World as an Interacting Whole
The Argument from Miracles
The Argument from Consciousness
The Argument from Truth
The Argument from the Origin of the Idea of God
The Ontological Argument
The Moral Argument
The Argument from Conscience
The Argument from Desire
The Argument from Argument Experience
The Argument from Religious Experience
The Common Consent Argument
Pascal's Wager
The Argument from Intentionality
The Argument from Collections
The Argument from Natural Numbers
The Argument from Counterfactuals
The Argument from Physical Constants
The Naive Teleological Argument
Kelly's Ontological Argument
The Ontological Argument
The Argument from Positive Epistemic Status
The Argument from confluence of proper function and reliability.
The Argument from Simplicity
The Argument from Induction
The Putnamuan Argument
The Argument from Reference
Kripke-Wittgenstein Argument from Pluus and Quus
The General Argument from Intuition
The Argument from Evil
Mavrodes' Argument from the Queerness of Morality
The Mozart Argument
CS Lewis' Argument from Nostalgia
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 12:46:40 PM
Never. My insults come after the idiot atheist (you) has polluted the thread with his bile.

You called people "ignorant" in the opening paragraph.

And we bring up that thread because it is the most epic example of failing but pretending otherwise aby of us has ever seen.

Tell you what, Let's get an independent opinion- ask Speedy here to read that thread and see if he thinks you "Beat" anyone "soundly".
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 12:48:22 PM
Apparently when you become an atheist they make you memorize a three-page pamphlet entitled, "How to Argue Like an Atheist", Because every single atheist I've ever run across spouts the same three tired lines: "lack of belief"; no evidence; can't prove a negative.

Why?

The reasons your beliefs are unjustified haven't changed.
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 12:52:10 PM
And don't even bother with the "It's not convincing" dodge, As if you've actually examined every one of these arguments. I guaranteed you haven't even heard of at least nine-tenths of them, Nor do you understand even the ones you have.

No, But I guarantee every one you have read have also been effectively countered- I haven't read every argument, But I've never read one for which there wasn't an effective counter argument.

Put it this way, You have obviously read all these arguments AND their counter arguments- are you saying every counter argument is invalid?
WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 1:02:38 PM
Wizofoz wrote:

Why?

Oh, I dunno. Maybe so you don't sound like a low-rent parrot regurgitating lame arguments any twelve year old could rebut.
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 1:08:57 PM
Oh, I dunno. Maybe so you don't sound like a low-rent parrot regurgitating lame arguments any twelve year old could rebut.

Hehehe

Love this when the OP was about how uncivil and superior Atheists act.

The reason you need so many tortuous attempts at logical proofs is your lack of actual evidence.

Rebut THAT argument.
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 1:18:44 PM
Oh, By the way, Wheredowebegin- would you look up Ethangs thread about Jesus and amputees and let us know if you think he "beat us soundly"?
WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 1:28:11 PM
Wizofoz wrote:

Love this when the OP was about how uncivil and superior Atheists act.

A tu quoque? Really?

Rebut THAT argument.

What argument? All I see is a bare assertion. Bare assertions are not arguments. As Hitchens famously said, Anything that is asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence.
WhereDoWeBegin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 1:36:02 PM
Wizofoz wrote:
I guarantee every one you have read have also been effectively countered

Same argument, Different coat of paint.

So let's pick one of the arguments I listed. If you can't rebut it, Your guarantee is vacuous.

The Neo-Platonic Proof

1. There must be a first principle of all if there is to be an explanation of the orderly existing world, Or why anything at all exists rather than nothing.
2. If the first principle of all were composed of parts, Then those parts would be ontologically prior to it.
3. But in that case it would not be the first principle at all.
4. So the first principle is not composed of parts, But is absolutely simple.
5. If there were a distinction between what the first principle is and the fact that it is, Then there could be more than one first principle.
6. But in order for there to be more than one, There would have to be some attribute that distinguished them.
7. But since a first principle is absolutely simple, There can be no such attribute.
8. So there cannot be more than one first principle.
9. So there is no distinction in the first principle between what it is and the fact that it is.
10. So the first principle is not only absolutely simple but utterly unique, What Plotinus called "the One. "
Speedrace
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 2:13:25 PM
I would like to clarify. This is NOT about who is right or wrong.

My question is why you can't respect our beliefs? You shouldn't have to agree with us to do that.

Why you must resort to bullying every time? I seriously want to know.

Atheists act like 80% of the world is dumb, And the other 20% is"enlightened. "

I don't care what you believe or don't believe, But I ask that you never resort to insults.

If you ARE right, Then you should be able to prove that without insulting me or my God. Besides, How can a non-existent God be "stupid" or any other adjective?
omar2345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 3:26:06 PM
@Speedrace

Is this about me?
If not can you be more specific. These generalisations are not helping your case instead lay down specific examples. Type down all the atheists you know and categorise them in two groups. Like and dislike. That would give you an answer instead of basing it on assumptions. Be more specific.

"Why you must resort to bullying every time? I seriously want to know. "
I wasn't bullying you instead rebutting your arguments.

"If you ARE right, Then you should be able to prove that without insulting me or my God. Besides, How can a non-existent God be "stupid" or any other adjective? "
The thing is I am guessing you value something more which atheists do not like. Most likely atheists do not like what your valued thing and would like to discredit it. I'll be the example. You are a Christian who lives off a book filled with testimonies from a supposed God that supposedly intervened. I can give more reasons but that should be good enough for now.
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 3:31:25 PM
. There must be a first principle of all if there is to be an explanation of the orderly existing world, Or why anything at all exists rather than nothing.

No, There is no reason to believe this- it is a bare assertion. Wew do not know there MUST be a first principle, So the argument fails at it's first prmise.

However-

2. If the first principle of all were composed of parts, Then those parts would be ontologically prior to it.

If time began at the Big Bang, Which evidence seems to indicate, The concept of "prior" is most probably meaningless

Thus the entire argument is falsified.
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 3:33:49 PM
why you can't respect our beliefs? You shouldn't have to agree with us to do that.

Why you must resort to bullying every time? I seriously want to know.

Atheists act like 80% of the world is dumb, And the other 20% is"enlightened. "

I don't care what you believe or don't believe, But I ask that you never resort to insults.

If you ARE right, Then you should be able to prove that without insulting me or my God. Besides, How can a non-existent God be "stupid" or any other adjective?

Did you notice your Theist friends immediately going to insults? Do you ask the same question of them?

Why should anyone "respect" false beliefs?
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 5:25:27 PM
Never. My insults come after the idiot atheist (you) has polluted the thread with his bile.

You called people "ignorant" in the opening paragraph.

This is not my thread. You said OP. But I an not a moron liberal. There ARE ignorant people. How is an observation of general reality an insult? Who am I insulting? Ignorant people?

And we bring up that thread because it is the most epic example of failing but pretending otherwise any of us has ever seen.

Then it should be good fro you to bring it up now. Post to it and continue if it is such a great testament to your logic.

Tell you what, Let's get an independent opinion- ask Speedy here to read that thread and see if he thinks you "Beat" anyone "soundly".

You would just find an excuse after he told you that you were an idiot on the thread. We need no one else, Post to the thread and I will trounce you again.

But this time you will have to answer the questions you dodged the first time around.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 7:18:06 PM
Wizofoz wrote:

The reason you need so many tortuous attempts at logical proofs is your lack of actual evidence.

Rebut THAT argument.

There is no lack of evidence, There is more evidence for spirituality than anything else which is a great indicator it is in fact true. What Theism naturally opposes at first glance is materialism and "physical" based evidence like when examining a physical phenomenon or object, But that only accounts for a single aspect of evidence. You atheists want everything to come out of a science lab but yal will eventually have to grow up.
The nature of God is non-physical, The nature of the soul is immaterial, The process of spirituality is not observed through a material medium outside the self, Outside spirituality so naturally we move over to testimonial based evidences. This of course is not proof even the numbers involved suggest otherwise it is first an indicator of truth to a proposition, In this case Theism.
Beyond testimonial evidence we have to utilize common sense, Logic, Reasoning and arguments to establish it even further. All in all none of that really matters except to get ones foot in the door, Spirituality should be about personal experience and observation which is supported through evidence, Cross referencing/examination.
omar2345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 7:34:38 PM
"There is no lack of evidence, There is more evidence for spirituality than anything else which is a great indicator it is in fact true. "
Do you have evidence?

"You atheists want everything to come out of a science lab but yal will eventually have to grow up. "
Would like you to define grow up.

"This of course is not proof even the numbers involved suggest otherwise it is first an indicator of truth to a proposition, In this case Theism. "
Are you admitting there is no evidence? Why did you make the claim earlier? Would also like you to define evidence.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 8:00:13 PM
omar2345 wrote:
"There is no lack of evidence, There is more evidence for spirituality than anything else which is a great indicator it is in fact true. "
Do you have evidence?
Perhaps read my post again. . .
If you want to know what testimonial evidence I'm suggesting I'm referring to the arena of spirituality and first hand encounters which include all of religion, Spirituality, NDE's, OBE's, Soul travel and spiritual texts. This of course correlates with the nature of the Divine rather than physical based evidences.

"You atheists want everything to come out of a science lab but yal will eventually have to grow up. "
Would like you to define grow up.

"This of course is not proof even the numbers involved suggest otherwise it is first an indicator of truth to a proposition, In this case Theism. "
Are you admitting there is no evidence? Why did you make the claim earlier? Would also like you to define evidence.
No, It was supposed to say "This of course is not proof even THOUGH the numbers involved suggest otherwise it is first an indicator of truth to a proposition, In this case Theism.
Sorry about that.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 8:01:23 PM
omar2345 wrote:
Would also like you to define evidence.

Evidence-the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.
omar2345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 8:02:56 PM
@EtrnlVw
"Soul travel and spiritual texts. "
Can you prove that a soul exists?

"This of course correlates with the nature of the Divine rather than physical based evidences. "
Do you also understand that correlation is not causation?

"Sorry about that. "
Thank you for clearing that up.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 8:10:05 PM
omar2345 wrote:
@EtrnlVw
"Soul travel and spiritual texts. "
Can you prove that a soul exists?

Prove? I don't think I could prove something to you that can only be experienced. I've had spiritual encounters so I don't need any proof it exists. For you, I would say be willing to loo at testimonial based evidences which are incredibly abundant. So while I might be able to convince you, I doubt I could ever prove it to you without you having experienced something. And of course in order to experience spirituality you have to get involved.

"This of course correlates with the nature of the Divine rather than physical based evidences. "
Do you also understand that correlation is not causation?

We have to begin somewhere, Just claiming that Theism has no evidence is just hiding, Sweeping reality under the rug.
"Sorry about that. "
Thank you for clearing that up.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 8:12:53 PM
Forgive me for the delays in posts, The site keeps logging me out every time I go to create a post. Sometimes I have to try several times before it goes through so be patient. I'll get to questions.
omar2345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2019 8:13:21 PM
@EtrnlVw

"I doubt I could ever prove it to you without you having experienced something. "
Is subjective experience evidence for you?

"We have to begin somewhere, Just claiming that Theism has no evidence is just hiding, Sweeping reality under the rug. "
I know but even your premises are built on other premises which have yet to be proven if you don't consider subjective experience as evidence. If I am wrong then can you prove a soul exists?

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.