Total Posts:52|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why Is It So?

Willows
Posts: 11,661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2019 11:19:19 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
When one person has an imaginary friend he is a nutcase.

When a hundred people have an imaginary friend it is called a cult.

When ten million people have an imaginary friend it is called a religion.
Willows
Posts: 11,661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2019 9:47:38 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Leaning wrote:
Because what it 'is changes, As well as how it's viewed socially.

I certainly agree that how it is viewed as socially changes.

However, The fact that millions of people have the same delusion does not make such a delusion any more truer than one person having it.

Reality is not a popularity contest.
Leaning
Posts: 2,618
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2019 10:10:09 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Perhaps not. But it's not as though ten million people have an imaginary friend called Hobbes the tiger. They have an entire belief system and long built history for how man should live life in this universe. Where they think they cam from, And where they think they're going.

There's a reason that the Flying Spaghetti Monster has (I assume) far fewer followers.

I don't see why it 'wouldn't be normal for religious people to have the belief and fervor that they do. That I see their belief as normal is one of the reasons I have 'not to disparage them or their belief. Near most people hate being told they're wrong about some minor detail in life, Or look a bit of a fool to other people. Much less core beliefs and ways of life.

Besides ways of life vary from person to person. A hippie may be a pothead bum to a business man, And a business man may be a square drone to a hippie, But their ways of life are fine enough objectively. Though that's not so much truth as aesthetics I suppose. . .
Willows
Posts: 11,661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2019 10:29:20 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Leaning wrote:
Perhaps not. But it's not as though ten million people have an imaginary friend called Hobbes the tiger. They have an entire belief system and long built history for how man should live life in this universe. Where they think they cam from, And where they think they're going.

There's a reason that the Flying Spaghetti Monster has (I assume) far fewer followers.

I don't see why it 'wouldn't be normal for religious people to have the belief and fervor that they do. That I see their belief as normal is one of the reasons I have 'not to disparage them or their belief. Near most people hate being told they're wrong about some minor detail in life, Or look a bit of a fool to other people. Much less core beliefs and ways of life.

Besides ways of life vary from person to person. A hippie may be a pothead bum to a business man, And a business man may be a square drone to a hippie, But their ways of life are fine enough objectively. Though that's not so much truth as aesthetics I suppose. . .
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is a bogus belief and was invented deliberately as such in order to highlight the absurdity of believing supernatural phenomena.

It is far from normal to believe in God.
Just as sheer numbers do not in any way validate the reality, Nor does time.

The world has millions of idiots. It always has, And always will.
Leaning
Posts: 2,618
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2019 11:17:26 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Perhaps, But 'I don't consider the religious idiots. Numbers may not validate reality, But they are often enough a indicator of reality that they are a valid tally mark towards the scoreboard 'for believing in something. If everyone was jumping off a cliff, Doesn't mean I'd do it, But it would indicate that 'they have a reason to. Next thing to wonder, Is whether it is mass hysteria and lemming syndrome or if they're jumping 'from something dangerous, Jumping toward something valuable.

Normal is as normal does. Normal where I come from.

That's entirely my point of using the Flying Spaghetti Monster. That there is far less reason to believe in it, Compared to reasons for people to believe in the more mainstream and 'old religions.
Willows
Posts: 11,661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2019 7:19:40 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Leaning wrote:
Perhaps, But 'I don't consider the religious idiots. Numbers may not validate reality, But they are often enough a indicator of reality that they are a valid tally mark towards the scoreboard 'for believing in something. If everyone was jumping off a cliff, Doesn't mean I'd do it, But it would indicate that 'they have a reason to. Next thing to wonder, Is whether it is mass hysteria and lemming syndrome or if they're jumping 'from something dangerous, Jumping toward something valuable.

Normal is as normal does. Normal where I come from.

That's entirely my point of using the Flying Spaghetti Monster. That there is far less reason to believe in it, Compared to reasons for people to believe in the more mainstream and 'old religions.

Numbers are never an indicator of reality except in the minds of those who are deluded and take consolation in not being alone.

Neither does having far less belief in one absurdity make another absurdity more valid.

I have clearly demonstrated (undisputed) that those who believe in supernatural phenomena are stupid, Idiotic, And deluded.
Of course, It is a symptom of stupid, Idiotic and deluded people that they firmly believe what they know is normal and everyone else is nuts.
We label this symptom as ignorance and arrogance.
Harikrish
Posts: 29,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2019 9:05:45 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Willows wrote:
Leaning wrote:
Perhaps, But 'I don't consider the religious idiots. Numbers may not validate reality, But they are often enough a indicator of reality that they are a valid tally mark towards the scoreboard 'for believing in something. If everyone was jumping off a cliff, Doesn't mean I'd do it, But it would indicate that 'they have a reason to. Next thing to wonder, Is whether it is mass hysteria and lemming syndrome or if they're jumping 'from something dangerous, Jumping toward something valuable.

Normal is as normal does. Normal where I come from.

That's entirely my point of using the Flying Spaghetti Monster. That there is far less reason to believe in it, Compared to reasons for people to believe in the more mainstream and 'old religions.

Numbers are never an indicator of reality except in the minds of those who are deluded and take consolation in not being alone.

Neither does having far less belief in one absurdity make another absurdity more valid.

I have clearly demonstrated (undisputed) that those who believe in supernatural phenomena are stupid, Idiotic, And deluded.
Of course, It is a symptom of stupid, Idiotic and deluded people that they firmly believe what they know is normal and everyone else is nuts.
We label this symptom as ignorance and arrogance.

Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups.
Tradesecret
Posts: 1,543
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2019 12:46:29 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
When one person has an imaginary friend he is a nutcase.

When a hundred people have an imaginary friend it is called a cult.

When ten million people have an imaginary friend it is called a religion.


Actually, it is not so. Many children have imaginary friends - they are not considered nutcases.

When an adult talks to an imagery friend, It is typically referred to as some kind of mental health.

There are no examples in history of a hundred or a million people talking to an imagery friend - so your last two points are somewhat misleading. Religions have people who talk to a god or a deity. My view is that most of these gods are probably demonic spirits - so not imaginary. If a group prays to a statue or to a log or to a cow - it clearly is not imaginary. It might not be alive - but that is quite different to praying or talking to an imagery friend.

Cults - people don't generally pray anyway - it is mostly fasting, Sex, And eating food, And mysticism as they ponder their navels. It is a lot like the secular practice of mindfulness which is very broad and across all disciplines. If they do pray - it is mostly through the charismatic persons who is leading the group who is their mediator.

I pray. But I don't have any imaginary friends. I pray to the God who made this world that you and I live on. Or perhaps it is an imaginary world?
Leaning
Posts: 2,618
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2019 3:12:56 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
@Willows
Numbers are never an indicator of reality except in the minds of those who are deluded and take consolation in not being alone.


There is a difference in what I infer from a situation when I see a single person run from a building, Compared to when I view a group run from a building. A difference when a group of people tell me my math is wrong, Compared to a single person telling me my math is wrong. I'm not saying that numbers decide everything of reality, But to me they are an indicator, A tick mark toward a reason.

Neither does having far less belief in one absurdity make another absurdity more valid.

Some absurdities are more absurd than others. Some only from a point of view. Others a fact of life and existence.

I have clearly demonstrated (undisputed) that those who believe in supernatural phenomena are stupid, Idiotic, And deluded.

I dispute that.

Of course, It is a symptom of stupid, Idiotic and deluded people that they firmly believe what they know is normal and everyone else is nuts.
We label this symptom as ignorance and arrogance.


. . . . .
Willows
Posts: 11,661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2019 9:26:29 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Leaning wrote:
@Willows
Numbers are never an indicator of reality except in the minds of those who are deluded and take consolation in not being alone.


There is a difference in what I infer from a situation when I see a single person run from a building, Compared to when I view a group run from a building. A difference when a group of people tell me my math is wrong, Compared to a single person telling me my math is wrong. I'm not saying that numbers decide everything of reality, But to me they are an indicator, A tick mark toward a reason.

Neither does having far less belief in one absurdity make another absurdity more valid.

Some absurdities are more absurd than others. Some only from a point of view. Others a fact of life and existence.

I have clearly demonstrated (undisputed) that those who believe in supernatural phenomena are stupid, Idiotic, And deluded.

I dispute that.

Well, May you dispute the fact that I have clearly demonstrated (undisputed) that those who believe in supernatural phenomena are stupid, Idiotic, And deluded but another fact of life is that when one states "I dispute that", Without any qualification whatsoever, One is leaving oneself wide open to be rightly accused of being ignorant and arrogant.

You see, I have thoroughly and objectively researched what I state and, To date, Not one person has successfully overturned my findings.

Oh, And, Just a little technicality with your lame and useless analogy. A mathematical error is a clear-cut proveable fact.

A billion idiots trying to tell the world about some completely unsubstantiated, Unproven mythological, Supernatural entity does diddly-squat to giving such an absurd notice any credibility whatsoever.

All it does is reinforce the fact that there are at least a billion naive, Gullible, Stupid idiots living in the world.
Willows
Posts: 11,661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2019 9:45:14 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Tradesecret wrote:
When one person has an imaginary friend he is a nutcase.

When a hundred people have an imaginary friend it is called a cult.

When ten million people have an imaginary friend it is called a religion.


Actually, it is not so. Many children have imaginary friends - they are not considered nutcases.

When an adult talks to an imagery friend, It is typically referred to as some kind of mental health.

There are no examples in history of a hundred or a million people talking to an imagery friend -
Yes there are.

Given that there currently are about 2. 2 billion Christians, 1. 5 billion Muslims and, 1 billion Hindus in the world subscribing to the absurd notion that they have an invisible, Imaginary master I think your unqualified observation is completely at odds with the truth of the facts.

I am making a wild assumption of course that 4. 7 billion people indicate that there may have been many others like them through history who were also naive, Gullible and superstitious idiots.

OK, So I concede the point that there were probably fewer such stupid people, Say, One thousand years ago, But the world's population was considerably smaller.

But, If you go back through history, I'm sure that you will find evidence of religious people having existed.
Tradesecret
Posts: 1,543
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2019 10:32:47 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Yes there are.

Given that there currently are about 2. 2 billion Christians, 1. 5 billion Muslims and, 1 billion Hindus in the world subscribing to the absurd notion that they have an invisible, Imaginary master I think your unqualified observation is completely at odds with the truth of the facts.

I am making a wild assumption of course that 4. 7 billion people indicate that there may have been many others like them through history who were also naive, Gullible and superstitious idiots.

OK, So I concede the point that there were probably fewer such stupid people, Say, One thousand years ago, But the world's population was considerably smaller.

But, If you go back through history, I'm sure that you will find evidence of religious people having existed.


Sorry Willows, The fact that you think people are talking to imaginary beings is not evidence of the same. It is just your opinion. Not fact.

There have been no studies or reports that reflect your position. There is not one scrap of evidence to support your position. You could try and write one yourself. But the simple FACT is that there are NO studies that prove such.

The fact that you have strong suspicions or opinions or regrets or strong experiences - is not evidence per se. The fact that you might have been deluded in your own religious experience does not at all necessarily extent to everyone else.

but then again - I suppose proving facts has never been your strong point.
anonthesmallone
Posts: 4,014
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2019 2:32:52 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
***I pray. But I don't have any imaginary friends. I pray to the God who made this world that you and I live on. Or perhaps it is an imaginary world?

We live in a world of frequency that we believe is solid matter. We see through controlled frequency of the flesh that is an imaginary illusion. The only truth that endures into eternity is the Logos Word of Reason. The Logos truth excludes all the imaginary friends of ALL religions on the planet. The only truth that endures into eternity is in our hearts. There are no religions in eternity no matter how many imaginary friends religions invent.
Harikrish
Posts: 29,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2019 2:48:56 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
anonthesmallone wrote:
***I pray. But I don't have any imaginary friends. I pray to the God who made this world that you and I live on. Or perhaps it is an imaginary world?

We live in a world of frequency that we believe is solid matter. We see through controlled frequency of the flesh that is an imaginary illusion. The only truth that endures into eternity is the Logos Word of Reason. The Logos truth excludes all the imaginary friends of ALL religions on the planet. The only truth that endures into eternity is in our hearts. There are no religions in eternity no matter how many imaginary friends religions invent.

You don't have any imaginary friends because you met them already.

You said: I am the reincarnated Noah. That is what the Lord told me while standing in from of him on the sea of glass in heaven.

Harikrish, I am not doing these posts, But the Lord is. He is the one that glorifies Himself on the outside until it was time to go forward as a secret weapon in the Lord's hands. I have personally met reincarnated Isaac and John the Baptist. I have two prophets working with me that hear the audible voice of Yahweh daily to correct me if I need it. The Lord said I will meet reincarnated Abraham and Jacob in the future.
Tradesecret
Posts: 1,543
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2019 4:07:13 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
We live in a world of frequency that we believe is solid matter. We see through controlled frequency of the flesh that is an imaginary illusion. The only truth that endures into eternity is the Logos Word of Reason. The Logos truth excludes all the imaginary friends of ALL religions on the planet. The only truth that endures into eternity is in our hearts. There are no religions in eternity no matter how many imaginary friends religions invent.

Are you smoking mushrooms? Seriously, The more you write, The weirder and more crazy you sound.
anonthesmallone
Posts: 4,014
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2019 8:28:14 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Hariktish and Tradesecet, Yes, Claiming to not die does sound crazy, But I believe what Christ actually taught and not what religions teach about their imaginary gods from a dead Bible. Instead of believing what Moses, Christ, Paul, And the other apostles actually taught about mortality and eternity, Everyone on earth believes in the god of death, And they dismiss what they actually taught as crazy and invented their own doctrines and commandments of men as Christ and his apostles taught about religions:

Matthew 15:9
And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.

Col 2:20-23
Therefore, If you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, Why, As though living in the world [dragon and beast system], Do you subject yourselves to regulations: "Do not touch, Do not taste, Do not handle, " which all concern things which perish with the using, According to the **commandments and doctrines of men**? These things indeed have an **appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion**[not from God], And false humility. . .

Therefore, Today everyone dies of old age as a consequence. I reject all religions and believe what Christ taught and did. I am defined as a man who walks in the light of God.
Willows
Posts: 11,661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2019 9:49:29 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Tradesecret wrote:
Yes there are.

Given that there currently are about 2. 2 billion Christians, 1. 5 billion Muslims and, 1 billion Hindus in the world subscribing to the absurd notion that they have an invisible, Imaginary master I think your unqualified observation is completely at odds with the truth of the facts.

I am making a wild assumption of course that 4. 7 billion people indicate that there may have been many others like them through history who were also naive, Gullible and superstitious idiots.

OK, So I concede the point that there were probably fewer such stupid people, Say, One thousand years ago, But the world's population was considerably smaller.

But, If you go back through history, I'm sure that you will find evidence of religious people having existed.


Sorry Willows, The fact that you think people are talking to imaginary beings is not evidence of the same.
No, It isn't, Is it?

But then, You know very well that time and time again I have fully justified my reasoning with solid, Irrefutable evidence which you, Nor anybody else on this forum has even dared prove otherwise.

So, Come the raw prawn as much as you like but the question is, Why don't you ever pluck up the gumption to actually state "God is not imaginary because. . . . . . ", Or "Your argument is wrong because the facts say. . . . . . . . ".

Well, I suppose you may be of a disposition to consider that anyone who contradicts your own weird beliefs is below your standard.

But, Hey, That's alright. The fact is that the world is full of naive, Gullible, Intractable nitwits, Always has and always will.

I think that you could go to the good ole 80/20 rule. You know, As in, 20 percent of the workers do 80 percent of the work. Sad isn't it, But that's just the way it is, Just like 80% of the population get sucked in by speculative, Mysterious, Unproven nonsense whilst the remaining 20% live in the real world.
anonthesmallone
Posts: 4,014
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2019 8:09:02 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Tradesecret, It is true, Yahweh Elohim is the True and Living God. That being said, Your Christian god Jesus Christ is an imaginary friend of Catholicism. But every time we have a discussion about your imaginary friend's character, You walk away from the discussion.

Case in point. Catholicism changed the paradigm that baptized member were excommunicated by the "thought police. " An example in history are those declared heretics for believing in Reincarnation and were excommunicated. In the first century, Members were only excommunicated for sins of the physical body and not for their beliefs. The heart was protected by God.

https://www. Debate. Org/forums/religion/topic/4340635/

ALL RELIGIONS DO THE SAME THING. They are all "thought police" controlling the hearts of humans. It is not the heart of God being taken to the world by Roy Sausek. The Lord's two ships of Revelation I and Revelation II will be built in the Lord's timing.

https://www. Debate. Org/forums/religion/topic/4340488/
Harikrish
Posts: 29,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2019 4:10:54 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
anonthesmallone wrote:
Tradesecret, It is true, Yahweh Elohim is the True and Living God. That being said, Your Christian god Jesus Christ is an imaginary friend of Catholicism. But every time we have a discussion about your imaginary friend's character, You walk away from the discussion.

Case in point. Catholicism changed the paradigm that baptized member were excommunicated by the "thought police. " An example in history are those declared heretics for believing in Reincarnation and were excommunicated. In the first century, Members were only excommunicated for sins of the physical body and not for their beliefs. The heart was protected by God.

https://www. Debate. Org/forums/religion/topic/4340635/

ALL RELIGIONS DO THE SAME THING. They are all "thought police" controlling the hearts of humans. It is not the heart of God being taken to the world by Roy Sausek. The Lord's two ships of Revelation I and Revelation II will be built in the Lord's timing.

https://www. Debate. Org/forums/religion/topic/4340488/

You said: They are all "thought police" controlling the hearts of humans.

You don't know the brain is the seat of thoughts and the heart is basically a pump. Get an education you ignorant mutt.
anonthesmallone
Posts: 4,014
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2019 9:02:15 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
As a man thinks in his heart, So is he. To believe something in the heart, It is driven by the will. The will must believe some idea. But of course, Most people believe the heart is feelings. No. The will and ideas create the feelings.
Harikrish
Posts: 29,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2019 10:57:28 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
anonthesmallone wrote:
As a man thinks in his heart, So is he. To believe something in the heart, It is driven by the will. The will must believe some idea. But of course, Most people believe the heart is feelings. No. The will and ideas create the feelings.

So when you said you were suffering from mental illness you were really suffering from a heart condition.

Might explain why you struggled for 43 years to make sense of the bible. Your heart was handicapped by cognitive disorder.
Harikrish
Posts: 29,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2019 4:24:51 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
anonthesmallone wrote:
Whatever you want to believe is your business not mine.

I am only describing your condition.

anonthesmallone wrote: As a man thinks in his heart, So is he. To believe something in the heart, It is driven by the will. The will must believe some idea. But of course, Most people believe the heart is feelings. No. The will and ideas create the feelings.

So when you said you were suffering from mental illness you were really suffering from a heart condition.

Might explain why you struggled for 43 years to make sense of the bible. Your heart was handicapped by cognitive disorder.
anonthesmallone
Posts: 4,014
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2019 8:00:52 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Was Paul mentally ill when he wrote? :

Romans 10:9
that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and **believe in your heart** that God has raised Him from the dead, You will be saved.

This foundation puts one on the path to become a god or goddess "saved" from physical death. To confess Christ is Lord means you receive the true heart of God in Christ that teaches God does not care about past sins. There are many more occasions in which Christ told people their sins were forgiven. The same is true for everyone today who believes in God's true heart. That is the entire point of "belief". Duh! We only need to stop being a the now. The past cannot be changed or atoned for.
Harikrish
Posts: 29,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2019 8:20:46 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
anonthesmallone wrote:
Was Paul mentally ill when he wrote? :

Romans 10:9
that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and **believe in your heart** that God has raised Him from the dead, You will be saved.

This foundation puts one on the path to become a god or goddess "saved" from physical death. To confess Christ is Lord means you receive the true heart of God in Christ that teaches God does not care about past sins. There are many more occasions in which Christ told people their sins were forgiven. The same is true for everyone today who believes in God's true heart. That is the entire point of "belief". Duh! We only need to stop being a the now. The past cannot be changed or atoned for.

Paul suffered from temporal lobe epilepsy.

Abstract. Evidence is offered to suggest a neurological origin for Paul's ecstatic visions. Paul's physical state at the time of his conversion is discussed and related to these ecstatic experiences. It is postulated that both were manifestations of temporal lobe epilepsy.
anonthesmallone
Posts: 4,014
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2019 8:54:07 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Whatever you want to believe is not my business, But yours. God cannot glorify His name by translation by an unbelieving heart. The dragon and beast system of death will be glorified instead.
Harikrish
Posts: 29,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2019 8:58:05 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
anonthesmallone wrote:
Whatever you want to believe is not my business, But yours. God cannot glorify His name by translation by an unbelieving heart. The dragon and beast system of death will be glorified instead.

That is why he relies on religion to glorify him.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.