Jump to topic:

Dear skeptics.

YeshuaRedeemed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2019 3:01:18 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
What kind of evidence do you need to be a Christian? I won't make promises, But I can try and help you, Depending on the type of evidence you ask for. I really respect you, For not following blindly, And asking for evidence. I too, Have a skeptical mind, Even though, I reach, A different conclusion. Peace be upon you.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2019 3:40:26 AM
YeshuaRedeemed wrote:
What kind of evidence do you need to be a Christian? I won't make promises, But I can try and help you, Depending on the type of evidence you ask for. I really respect you, For not following blindly, And asking for evidence. I too, Have a skeptical mind, Even though, I reach, A different conclusion. Peace be upon you.

Nobody needs "evidence" to be a Christian. If you mean evidence that there is a God or that Christ ever existed, There is not one single shred of evidence anyway.

The only prerequisites for being a Christian are naivety, Gullibility, Weakness of mind, Vulnerability, Ignorance and arrogance.

Your offer of "evidence" is completely hollow and meaningless and your claim of having a "sceptical" mind is completely erroneous since you have shown in the past that you are besotted beyond the point of delusion with a completely absurd belief and when challenged, Refuse to comment which well displays your own utter ignorance, Self-indulgence and arrogance.

And you have the utter gall to utter the words "Peace be with you" when you are in the business of preaching morbid doom gloom, Pain and suffering through guilt and fear. Also, You promote a doctrine form an organisation which has for centuries been responsible for causing large scale genocide, Famine, Corruption, Suffering and oppression.

From one true sceptic to someone who is no more than a skulking monger of pure evil, Get knotted.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2019 7:10:22 AM
YeshuaRedeemed wrote:
May I challenge you to a respectful debate? Or do you want to talk here? Have evidence, Will travel.

I have declined your completely disrespectful request for a debate.

Deceptively changing the goalposts (the topic title to a completely different, Meaningless, Hollow, Open-ended debate topic) to suit one's position is hardly what we in the real world of honesty call sporting.

How about a debate on whether or not hard-core Christians have a single honest bone in their bodies?
Angry_Bird
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2019 11:25:42 AM
Not totally convinced you are a Christian, No disrespect,
if you were a Christian then you would know what it took to become one.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2019 12:54:36 PM
YeshuaRedeemed wrote

Honestly I can't seem to imagine what type of evidence would convince me. Or reason what type would either. Even trying to imagine some supernatural event or waking up in some afterlife, I just can't picture that well enough to view it. . . As a possible reality. Though I can vaguely think on theoretical situations, I am worse at predicting my thoughts and reactions to them. Hm, Reason, Similar problem. Might be a good question, But I can't answer it right now.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2019 11:05:46 PM
Tradesecret wrote:
You would not know honesty if you fell over and landed full into it.

Says he who stated that he had conclusive evidence for the existence of God.
Then pulled out at the last moment and lost $100, 000 in the process.

I challenge you to state one (just one) occasion where I have been dishonest.

(Now folks, Wait for it. He will come out with a series of the usual procrastination and diversions then pull out at the last moment. )
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2019 11:14:28 PM
Angry_Bird wrote:
Not totally convinced you are a Christian, No disrespect,
if you were a Christian then you would know what it took to become one.

I have extensively studied the subject of what makes a person believe in God.
I have found that it takes naivety, Gullibility, Vulnerability, Ignorance, Arrogance, And being profoundly deluded.

A believer in God would, Therefore, Be unaware of or refuse to acknowledge what led him or her to become such a believer.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2019 11:20:01 PM
YeshuaRedeemed wrote:

We have Christian beliefs about the Virgin Birth, But they were held mostly by men at a time when a woman's opinion mattered little.
So I ask our liberated women on DDO "Do the women believe Marys virgin Birth? If so, They you accept women were created unequal and deserved the right to be treated differently.

The Trinity according to Luke.

Catholics believe there was no penetration that Mary remained a virgin even after conception. But the penetrations took place according to Luke.

Catholics believe there was no penetration that the Holy Spirit came on Mary (masturbated on Mary) and God only cast a shadow on Mary in her sleep.

Luke 1:29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, And you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob"s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end. "

34 "How will this be, " Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin? "

35 The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come on you, And the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called[b] the Son of God. 36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, And she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. 37 For no word from God will ever fail. "

So how could according to Luke 1:35 two masturbating on Mary ( "The Holy Spirit will come on you, And the power of the Most High will overshadow you) cause Mary to get pregnant without penetration?

But Luke tells us there was a third person Joseph son of Heli who is credited with the penetration of Mary.

Luke's geneology of Jesus introduces Joseph son of Heli as the father of Jesus who was the only one with a real dick that could penetrate and became the third person in the Trinity (Holy Spirit, God and Joseph son of Heli) the three that supposedly ganged raped Mary which resulted in the conception of the little Jewish basted they named Jesus.

Luke 3:23 Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, So it was thought, Of Joseph, The son of Heli, 24 the son of Matthat,
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2019 11:34:12 PM
Leaning wrote:
YeshuaRedeemed wrote

Well, It just goes to show your gullibility if you have the least bit of respect for someone who has proven time and again to be nothing more than a deceiving con-artist.

Notice that she(he) posed the question "What kind of evidence do you need to be a Christian? "

If you study the question enough you will note that it is far from being direct. It is open enough for the initiator to then divert further discussion down a particular channel that suits her (his) own devious and nefarious ends. It is a common tactic universally used by con-artists.

She (he) even went to the extent of challenging me to a debate over my stating that there is no existence of God.
And the topic?
"Evidence for Christianity"
Only the dumb and really gullible would ever be sucked into a debate with such a meaningless, Hollow premise. Of course, There is evidence for Christianity, It is a non-argument that the instigator is going to win, Hands down anyway.

Just stay away from that (apparently) nerdy-looking bitch (r-sole). He or she is a living, Breathing charlatan who appears on various websites to lure in the weak and vulnerable.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2019 11:37:56 PM
Eh, You just spoke one of those sentences Willows that I find so useless I near immediately disregard for my lack of respect for it. Also statements that that being one of the reasons I only 'sometimes talk to you.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2019 12:05:31 AM
Leaning wrote:
Eh, You just spoke one of those sentences Willows that I find so useless I near immediately disregard for my lack of respect for it. Also statements that that being one of the reasons I only 'sometimes talk to you.

And, Once again you will not say what the heck you are talking about, Namely:
What constitutes "one of those sentences"?
What is it that is "useless" about the sentence.
And why do you have a lack of respect for it?

Do you really think it appropriate to come onto a website and make completely hollow, Baseless claims against someone who has taken the time and trouble to thoroughly research and carefully articulate his comments?
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2019 12:08:34 AM
Eh, I thought about explaining it in detail, But you ever so rarely if even ever seem to get it. I 'could be wrong about a number of our disagreements, But I don't think I am. Generally, I've just given up in trying to convince you. Which for me works out, I'm not really on this site to convince other people.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2019 12:17:08 AM
Leaning wrote:
Eh, I thought about explaining it in detail, But you ever so rarely if even ever seem to get it. I 'could be wrong about a number of our disagreements, But I don't think I am. Generally, I've just given up in trying to convince you. Which for me works out, I'm not really on this site to convince other people.

Not really good enough, Is it?
If one makes gratuitous caustic comments against somebody else without backing up his nefarious claim, Refuses to explain the nature of his caustic comments then runs away, What does that say?
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2019 12:20:15 AM
That you said something to me and I didn't consider it worth much more than a mumbled aside reply. Or other things. I thought it clear enough myself, But ah well. By other things I mean words, Sentences, Situations, And concepts have a tendency of being understood different by different people.
anonthesmallone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2019 1:34:45 AM
Leaning wrote:

The last sentence is excellent. Only evidence seen first-hand is convincing. God controls all the first-hand evidence to increase belief in Him in His mortal matrix of time. If someone is supposed to be an atheist for His purposes, He will not show them the first-hand evidence needed. To Him, He will save everyone eternally in His timing; therefore, It really doesn't matter how or when He does it. Our end point is far less important to Him than our knowing good and evil out of the predestination of His Almighty power. Knowing good and evil is our purpose for being here.

In mortality, Now is what is most important and not the future. Paul wrote charity is the greater of faith and hope because it operates in the now today. Faith and hope are about the future, And salvation is not in the now as Christians insist "knowing" we are saved "now". Believing we are "saved now" is a selfish idea and creates automatic arrogance of the dragon. A person becomes self-righteous.

The atheist rightly rejects the nonsense because Christians convert faith and hope into knowledge and pervert the teaching of Christ and logic. The salvation idea is not logical, So it is not true. Salvation is belief and is not "knowledge". Iit drives the atheist crazy because the Christians will not listen to the truth and be honest about not knowing the future. The honest atheists (or Luciferian moles pretending to be atheists) that want to believe the truth, wherever the evidence leads them, Is not selfish.

Christians are blind by using people as evidence to believe in God by using dead prophets and their miracles as a base of knowledge, Which only children are supposed to believe the parents. Then believer get stuck in the ideas because their love for their parents, Creating an awful conundrum for having no first-hand-evidence for their beliefs when they are adults, And then, Some get at God for not showing the evidence they want before they believed the crap in religions. Finally, They become atheists because of all the religions and their stupid lies and thievery as God intended them to be. Very crafty objectives of God.

However, To believe as adults, We need first-hand evidence from God. Therefore, God has created a massive movement of atheists by holding back the first-hand evidence. They have become an incredible tool in God's hand to attack the dumb ideas in religions that are ALL evil and rob us of money. Atheists are the ones who love the truth. Yahweh's chess move is brilliant in the Cosmic War.

God can create the first-hand evidence to create faith to grow from grace to grace, But only if He wants to. Salvation is hope based on valid evidence from God Himself. No evidence? Then be happy as an atheist using love and moral values of some kind to not be a thief. Simple. Charity (love) in the now is far greater than salvation in the future. See? That idea is very rational based on the premises and assumptions stated up front, And therefore, It is true, If the assumptions are true.

1 Corinthians 13:13
And now abide faith, Hope, Love, These three; but the greatest of these is love
Turn the light of the third eye and live (Ezekiel 18)
https://www.debate.org...
anonthesmallone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2019 2:41:40 AM
Lesrning, By they way, For those atheists all tweak out about the false paradigms about sex in religions and judge them wrongly, God created the sex hormones for pleasure. Duh! Fornication is OK with consenting adults, And Paul advised by HIS OPINION to marry instead of fornicate. He said it was his opinion because they asked him about it. Paul is not God, But his opinion is wise.

That being said, God cares mostly about committing adultery against someone you have promised yourself to. Fornication is not punished in the law. Fornication is fine, Unless you get the girl pregnant and don't want the child and don't want the girl anymore. Use birth control. Duh! That is a serious risk you take.

However, All the Biblical condemnation about fornication in the Bible is to marry God in the rainbow covenant and then sleep with other gods at the same time. Or to leave Him AFTER you make the rainbow covenant. Never make oaths to the Creator you do not intend to keep.

Therefore, The Christian who receives the selfish atonement ideas, And then looks down his self-righteous nose at atheists and judges their sex life, The Christian is far more evil than the atheist who enjoys the pleasures God created to make him happy.

The ancient leaders of Israel would sleep with prostitutes because they knew God was displeased with adultery, And prostitutes were not included in the law. Stuffy religions about sex turned the world upside down in the bedroom.

Paul was married not single. He was self-controlled when away from his wife and wished all men could be like him. But he knew all men were not like him. So he advised the men to marry rather than burn with passion that they could not control. It was Paul's opinion to the Gentiles and not from the scriptures written to Israel. If they had not asked him the question, Paul would not have answered the question with his opinion.

The question was, "What are the single men to do that are waiting for a Christian wife to marry, But there are no single women available at Corinth that believe? Should the single men touch a gentile unbeliever, Which leads then to marriage? " Marcion removed the word "single" from the text:

1 Cor 12:1-5
Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me: It is good for a **single** man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, Because of sexual immorality, Let each man have his own wife, And let each woman have her own husband. Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, And likewise also the wife to her husband. The wife does not have authority over her own body, But the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, But the wife does. Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, That you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer [in spiritual intimacy with Yahweh]; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you [to commit adultery] because of your lack of self-control.

Paul concludes:

1 Cor 7:6-7
But I say this as a concession, **not as a commandment**. For I wish that all men were even as I myself [self-controlled away from my wife, But they are not].
But each one has his own gift from God [self-control is identified as a gift of the Spirit in Gal 5:22],
one in this manner and another in that.

The idea about virgins was the same kind of question. "Do our daughters marry unbelieving Gentiles or wait for a believer? Single believers are rare in our community. "

The whole book of 1 Cor is misunderstood. The Lord brings clarity on the sea of glass.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2019 2:44:58 AM
Eh, I appreciate the sentiment, But I'd just as soon not go into a discussion about it. I think yours's and my idea's are too different to find much common ground in regards to religion.
anonthesmallone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2019 2:52:24 AM
Leaning wrote:
Eh, I appreciate the sentiment, But I'd just as soon not go into a discussion about it. I think yours's and my idea's are too different to find much common ground in regards to religion.

OK,
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2019 4:40:43 AM
Leaning wrote:
Though I'll admit it is rude.

(And ladies and gentlemen, Yet we have another troll who is content to pillory others without even saying what the heck he is going on about, Let alone explain why.

Perhaps the word "it" is a word that appears in the latest "Almanac of Conspiracies for Sensitive New Age Nerds and Emos".

"It" is probably code for "you are a thoughtless, Ignorant, Arrogant Idiot who thinks everybody else is stupid and devoid of understanding". )
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2019 4:45:01 AM
Leaning wrote:

It seems to be a pattern that anybody else's idea happens to be different from yours, Therefore, You won't have a bar of it.
anonthesmallone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2019 6:23:03 PM
Willows wrote:
Leaning wrote:

It seems to be a pattern that anybody else's idea happens to be different from yours, Therefore, You won't have a bar of it.

People need to follow their own predestinated paths to figure things out when they are ready.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2019 7:07:41 PM
anonthesmallone wrote:
Willows wrote:
Leaning wrote:

People need to follow their own predestinated paths to figure things out when they are ready.

So why did you follow the path of 2 billion Christians and spent 43 years trying to make sense of the Bible? Looking in the same book the bible and hoping to find a different answer is the definition of insanity. The author had only one interpretation. It's the same as reading a law book and coming to different conclusions about a given stature. It's makes the law meaningless.
anonthesmallone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2019 10:05:16 PM
It was part of my path to know good and evil and to be led to DDO so that Yahweh can save the entire world from an "evil age".
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2019 6:11:35 AM
anonthesmallone wrote:
Willows wrote:
Leaning wrote:

Fiddle faddle. Nobody has a pre-destined path, We are responsible for creating our own destiny.

People like Leaping have no idea as to whether they are Arthur or Martha, Let alone be able to plan their lives. They just aimlessly get thrashed around like seaweed and get really nasty and start bawling their eyes out if anybody dares to expose their fallibility.
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2019 10:37:32 AM
Tradesecret wrote:

(Now folks, Wait for it. He will come out with a series of the usual procrastination and diversions then pull out at the last moment. )

Willow, I remember the discussion quite differently. I said evil proved the existence of God. You never refuted it - because you could not. Now are you spinning lies for whatever sad reason.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2019 11:48:06 AM
Tradesecret wrote:
Tradesecret wrote:

Willow, I remember the discussion quite differently. I said evil proved the existence of God. You never refuted it - because you could not. Now are you spinning lies for whatever sad reason.

If someone said "water is not wet", I'm not going to refute it and instead say that the person is being stupid.
Similarly, If someone challenges me to a debate on "Evidence of Christianity" (as did the originator of this thread) I am going to refuse and explain (as I did) that such a person is nothing more than deceptive, And pure stupid if she (he) thinks that anyone would be gullible enough to argue such an absurd topic.

Similarly, Nobody of any reasonable sound mind would even bother arguing "evil proves the existence of God" since it is not only stupid and absurd, It is completely non-sensical.
And well be it that you (as predicted) try your diversion; the challenge was that you were to tender your (so-called) conclusive evidence which you backed out of.

Just like the weasely writer of this thread, Who, Once again (as she has done so many times in the past on this and other websites), Suddenly change her picture (thank God, She's so bloody ugly-looking) and run away with her tail between her legs.

Talk about gutless.
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2019 12:27:15 PM
if someone said "water is not wet", I'm not going to refute it and instead say that the person is being stupid.

but I am not saying water is not wet. You are.

Similarly, If someone challenges me to a debate on "Evidence of Christianity" (as did the originator of this thread) I am going to refuse and explain (as I did) that such a person is nothing more than deceptive, And pure stupid if she (he) thinks that anyone would be gullible enough to argue such an absurd topic.

Again your prejudices are misleading your ability to reason. Your refusal has got to do with one thing - the fact is - you are prejudiced. Yep - that is it. You refuse to accept any evidence - because you are prejudiced. Not reasonable - you are anti- scientific. Why? Because scientists can reason and produce something that enables them to try and refute something they say they don't believe in. Otherwise it is a comedy. You mock people who believe the bible - why? Because they are transparent. They are prepared to hold out a measuring stick. You are the coward. Why? You are afraid. You won't put anything out - except your prejudice. The bible might be wrong - but people who believe it are still prepared to put it on the line. You - on the other hand are afraid to put anything on the line. You are the coward. You know if you put something up - some kind of evidence that you might accept - then it might happen. And then you are stuffed.

Similarly, Nobody of any reasonable sound mind would even bother arguing "evil proves the existence of God" since it is not only stupid and absurd, It is completely non-sensical.

This is why you hated my argument about evil proving the existence of God. It blew everything you thought you knew out of the water. You had always used evil as a means of proving god does not exist - and yet I took that away from you. And you hated it. You went out and got another bottle of tequila. Man it annoyed you. And I could see this was eating you - so I threw you a life line. And you took it - thinking - thanks TS. But it was not a life line really - it was me - being honest. I did not have to do it - and I know you would not have been that honest - but you see I am not afraid. I know the truth and it has set me free from worrying about things like that.

It is a great argument. And you still have not refuted it. That is what I find so amusing about all of this.

And well be it that you (as predicted) try your diversion; the challenge was that you were to tender your (so-called) conclusive evidence which you backed out of.

Tendering evidence - of which you reject before I can even give it. Prejudice stops you from receiving or accepting or dare I say it - even considering it possible. Evil. Hitler. Your good mate.

Talk about gutless.

Yeah that is what I have been talking about - when you get up for your next glass of tequila - have another look in the mirror - and you will see Mr or is it Mrs gutless. Oh yes, And my challenge to you. I am waiting.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.