Jump to topic:

Why Don't Christians Tolerate Muslims?

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2019 12:57:09 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Christian Teacher: So, We are all descended from Adam and Eve.

Young Kid: My dad says we came from apes.

ChristianTeacher: That"s probably true for your family Abdul.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2019 4:00:42 PM
Willows wrote:
Christian Teacher: So, We are all descended from Adam and Eve.

Young Kid: My dad says we came from apes.

ChristianTeacher: That"s probably true for your family Abdul.

Now meet your ape ancestor Ethang who couldn't leave Africa.
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2019 1:10:24 AM
Christians do tolerate Muslims. We don't agree with them.

Why do atheists not tolerate anyone else? Oh that is right - because atheists don't understand what tolerance means. They think tolerance means accepting what they believe as being ok.

Atheist to Christian - do you believe in God? Christian: yeah. Atheist - cool. That is great man.

Christian to gay person - are you gay? Yeah. Christian: yeah, Cool - that is great man.

Atheist to pedaphile - are you a pedaphile and love children? Pedaphile - yeah - Atheist - cool man - that is great.

Christian to muslim - hey man do you love allah? Muslim: yeah man. Christian - yeah - great one cool.

That is the atheist's definition of tolerance. But does the atheist practise tolerance? Joke.

rusted on labor supporter to another ALP supporter at polling booth:
I started a conversation with a Labor person handing out "how to vote cards". I explained my concern over Labor's position on abortion and protection of religious freedom. They said, "you can hold whatever religious belief you want, So long as you don't force down anyone's throat. " I said, "I don"t want to force anything down anyone"s throat, But don't you think we are a better society when diverse opinions expressed. " They said, " Sure, As long as you keep your views to yourself. " I said, "So does a person who thinks homosexuality is morally ok, Do they need to keep their opinions to themselves? " They said "No". "So" I said. "They can publicly say I am wrong, But I can't answer them publicly? Is that right? " "Yes", They said. "

The man voted liberal.

tolerance seems to be a one way street for some.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2019 10:20:43 AM
Tradesecret wrote:
Christians do tolerate Muslims. We don't agree with them.

Why do atheists not tolerate anyone else? Oh that is right - because atheists don't understand what tolerance means. They think tolerance means accepting what they believe as being ok.

Atheist to Christian - do you believe in God? Christian: yeah. Atheist - cool. That is great man.

Christian to gay person - are you gay? Yeah. Christian: yeah, Cool - that is great man.

Atheist to pedaphile - are you a pedaphile and love children? Pedaphile - yeah - Atheist - cool man - that is great.

Christian to muslim - hey man do you love allah? Muslim: yeah man. Christian - yeah - great one cool.

That is the atheist's definition of tolerance. But does the atheist practise tolerance? Joke.

rusted on labor supporter to another ALP supporter at polling booth:
I started a conversation with a Labor person handing out "how to vote cards". I explained my concern over Labor's position on abortion and protection of religious freedom. They said, "you can hold whatever religious belief you want, So long as you don't force down anyone's throat. " I said, "I don"t want to force anything down anyone"s throat, But don't you think we are a better society when diverse opinions expressed. " They said, " Sure, As long as you keep your views to yourself. " I said, "So does a person who thinks homosexuality is morally ok, Do they need to keep their opinions to themselves? " They said "No". "So" I said. "They can publicly say I am wrong, But I can't answer them publicly? Is that right? " "Yes", They said. "

The man voted liberal.

tolerance seems to be a one way street for some.

Maybe so and it probably is the case for most atheists.
But let me ask you this:
Don't you think it is understandable that very few people would tolerate others who are profoundly bigoted, Prejudiced, Ignorant, Arrogant, Naive, Gullible and just plain stupid?
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2019 11:28:17 AM
But let me ask you this:
Don't you think it is understandable that very few people would tolerate others who are profoundly bigoted, Prejudiced, Ignorant, Arrogant, Naive, Gullible and just plain stupid?

Me I don't care whether people choose to be tolerant or not. It is people who state that others ought to be tolerant but are not themselves which get up my goat. It is the hypocrisy which I find repugnant.

If you want to not tolerate the list of people you mention - good for you. But don't expect them to be tolerant of you - or others and then judge them for it. That is my problem with such a view.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2019 3:00:53 PM
Tradesecret wrote:
But let me ask you this:

Me I don't care whether people choose to be tolerant or not. It is people who state that others ought to be tolerant but are not themselves which get up my goat. It is the hypocrisy which I find repugnant.

If you want to not tolerate the list of people you mention - good for you. But don't expect them to be tolerant of you - or others and then judge them for it. That is my problem with such a view.

Just as the bible said. The descendants of Isaac were punished and the descendants of Ishmael rewarded. The gentile infidels called Christians have no claim to Abraham's covenant with God.
Johan_the_Toothless
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2019 11:45:50 PM
In the larger scheme of things, I think the intolerance of Christians toward Muslims (and vice versa) is simply because neither group *really* wants to share God with anyone else. Each group wants exclusive claim to God's favor and jealously guard their claims, As we have seen at times, To the point of violence.

Muslims, To their credit, Claim Christians (and Jews) to be 'People of the Book' and therefore (if not exactly drinking buddies) closely related. As far as Islamic teaching is concerned, They're all good to go with one another. In practice, Though, We see the reality of it far differently. So, Too, It goes with Christians- a Christian will preach love and the brotherhood of Man all day long, But when confronted by a Muslim. . . Well, You can't trust 'those people' and they worship a false god.

As for me, Personally, I'm out of it. I checked out of the whole Abrahamic religion thing some time ago and I'm sticking with the Old Gods of the Germanic tribes of old. I follow Wotan, Thor, And Freya and the others but I can still accept the Abrahamic 'God' as another god- just not mine- without prejudice.
anonthesmallone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2019 12:14:08 AM
Johan_the_Toothless wrote:
In the larger scheme of things, I think the intolerance of Christians toward Muslims (and vice versa) is simply because neither group *really* wants to share God with anyone else. Each group wants exclusive claim to God's favor and jealously guard their claims, As we have seen at times, To the point of violence.

Muslims, To their credit, Claim Christians (and Jews) to be 'People of the Book' and therefore (if not exactly drinking buddies) closely related. As far as Islamic teaching is concerned, They're all good to go with one another. In practice, Though, We see the reality of it far differently. So, Too, It goes with Christians- a Christian will preach love and the brotherhood of Man all day long, But when confronted by a Muslim. . . Well, You can't trust 'those people' and they worship a false god.

As for me, Personally, I'm out of it. I checked out of the whole Abrahamic religion thing some time ago and I'm sticking with the Old Gods of the Germanic tribes of old. I follow Wotan, Thor, And Freya and the others but I can still accept the Abrahamic 'God' as another god- just not mine- without prejudice.

Welcome to the DDO Twilight Zone of God. Luciferians, Occult, Pagans, ETs, Illuminate insiders, Etc. , Are welcome. There are no moderators. Full free speech at DDO. All religions are evil. All religions are about to die:

https://www. Debate. Org/forums/religion/topic/4340822/

Pull up a chair and learn from occult Israel on the DDO.
Turn the light of the third eye and live (Ezekiel 18)
https://www.debate.org...
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2019 6:34:14 AM

Interesting perspective. I don't agree. I think the Christians I have met as well as the Muslins clearly want to share their god with the other. Otherwise conversion by whatever means seems odd. I think the exclusive nature of the discussion is in relation to who God is and who are his people. Christians for instance clearly state that Jesus is their god and they want to share Jesus with anyone. Muslims however reject Jesus as god. They say Allah is god. They certainly want others to submit to Allah. But they won't submit to Jesus. So is it fair to say it is because they don't to share? I don't think that is correct.

This is accurate only if you are talking about the Bible - yet Muslims don't accept that the book is correct now - and needs to be understood by the real book - the Quran. Muslims do not accept Jews or Christians to be people of that book. I don't think I have met a Christian who would say that they don't trust a Muslim. It is true that many say that Muslims worship a false god. That of course is the nature of exclusive thinking. It ironically is also the implicit conclusion of non-exclusive thinking as well. But that is another topic.

Ok. I suppose the good thing about those older gods (as you suggest) is they make no demands on you - and when you get sick of them - you can just put them on the shelf. Me, I checked them out myself - and well found them sort of a mix between the good and the bad of humanity. A bit like humanity but stronger - but with all of the same issues of humanity. And the same faults.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.