Jump to topic:

The Status Quo

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2019 11:06:28 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
It came to pass that whilst in discussion with a member of the deluded set, (I won't mention that it was Tradie) the subject arose as to what constitutes the "status quo" or "default position" when it comes to the existence or not of that elusive, Contrived thing that some people happen to call God.

I gots to thinking (yes, I have been known to do so on occasions) that God followers seem to make some sort of assumption that their nutty belief is somehow a default position and that those who don't have an imaginary friend is an augmented addition to the rule.

I can well understand this inverted style of reasoning by looking at the words we (or rather, Some dic*khead) have erroneously attributed to the two opposite positions; "theist" and "atheist". Huh, It looks like a distinct case of hoity toitiness with the "have" and "have nots" when in fact it should be the other way around.

The belief of God is and always has been ancillary to the way of thinking by man ever since some Neanderthal idiot living in a cave (or a mud hut) saw a bolt of lightning, Pointed upwards and declared in horror, "Like derrr, Somebody really big is up there, Derrrr".

So, Let's set the record straight and undertake a bit of remedial rephrasing.
Now, I have always maintained that those who don't choose to go over the edge and beyond the pale by thinking that there is an old bearded man dressed in white sitting on a cloud looking over his flock are and should be called normal. Makes sense, Now doesn't it?

Therefore, It follows that we should call those who deviate from the norm as. . . . Er, Well, . . . . abnormal.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.