Jump to topic:

Weddings

Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2019 3:50:25 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Well, Mostly an excuse to ask opinions on a best man speech draft, But on the side. For myself marrying doesn't especially appeal to me religious wise or non. But maybe that speaks more toward my feeling toward others than thoughts on marriage. But back to rough draft, Any opinions?

(Breath), Good morning everyone

For those who don"t know me, My name is Z
and I"m today"s best man
More accurate might be todays third best man
But with best man 1 and best man 2 being occupied in other parts of country and life today, I'm brought to the forefront

And everyone's scrutinizing gaze
eghu, Public speaking

But, Only for a moment
As to my relief and joy, This day is about these two beautiful people sitting to my right

XY and XX it is an honor for me to be standing here today as your best man and to be allowed to share in this new and beautiful chapter of your lives
One honestly I never conceived of ten or so years ago when I first recall meeting XY in middle school, Though it might have been high school
What I do remember is that all throughout those years we've kept in touch on and off with one other, Friendly acquaintances in school, Who somehow became friends over the years

Which in the sense of knowing one another for a number of years is how I understand XY and XX to know one another
If you know someone for a day, And know you want to marry the, , I think you're either incredibly lucky or unlucky, Cause it's hard to know someone in a short amount of time.
If you've known someone for years, And know you want to marry the, , I think you're still lucky, Just took a bit of time to pay out.

If one measure of a person is how many friends and family are there for them in turning points in their lives, This room full of XXs loved ones, Tells me she's a wonderful person.
As for XY. 1, 2, 3, 4. Well, Don't sweat it XY, There are other measures of a man.

In seriousness though, Thank you again for this opportunity to be part of your life's book before another chapter begins. Speaking of next chapters

Though it's hot here in Texas, Alaska is cold I'm told
Still, I expect love, Even as it helps you stand the heat here, Will let you weather the cold there
Well, Love, AC, Heaters, Family, And friends.

Lastly I would ask all in the room family, Friends, And others related
To all raise a glass to my good friend XY and his beautiful new wife XX.

Here's 'Ta the bride, And the groom
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2019 4:33:25 AM
Not sure what this has to do with religion, But okay.

Not everyone can get married. Not everyone can get a girl. And thats fine. Not all of us are P*ssy magnets, As they said in a video i watched a long time ago.

So long as you don't fill your head with nonsense like religion, You'll be fine.

Hey! I just made this about religion. Well that was nice of me.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2019 4:37:14 AM
Oh the speech doesn't really. But weddings oft enough have connections to religion. It's why the religious often get upset at people getting married who they think ought not get married after all. Weddings often have religious people saying you are now man and wife.

Eh, I'm not religious, Nor is the groom. Bride is, Though I couldn't say how religious.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2019 4:50:21 AM
Oh the speech doesn't really. But weddings oft enough have connections to religion. It's why the religious often get upset at people getting married who they think ought not get married after all. Weddings often have religious people saying you are now man and wife.

Eh, I'm not religious, Nor is the groom. Bride is, Though I couldn't say how religious.

Well, I think they say "Husband and wife", Which i think they are, Since they are married, But sure.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2019 7:50:11 AM
Leaning wrote:
Well, Mostly an excuse to ask opinions on a best man speech draft, But on the side. For myself marrying doesn't especially appeal to me religious wise or non. But maybe that speaks more toward my feeling toward others than thoughts on marriage. But back to rough draft, Any opinions?

and I"m today"s best man
But with best man 1 and best man 2 being occupied in other parts of country and life today, I'm brought to the forefront

eghu, Public speaking

But, Only for a moment
As to my relief and joy, This day is about these two beautiful people sitting to my right

XY and XX it is an honor for me to be standing here today as your best man and to be allowed to share in this new and beautiful chapter of your lives
One honestly I never conceived of ten or so years ago when I first recall meeting XY in middle school, Though it might have been high school
What I do remember is that all throughout those years we've kept in touch on and off with one other, Friendly acquaintances in school, Who somehow became friends over the years

Which in the sense of knowing one another for a number of years is how I understand XY and XX to know one another
If you know someone for a day, And know you want to marry the, , I think you're either incredibly lucky or unlucky, Cause it's hard to know someone in a short amount of time.
If you've known someone for years, And know you want to marry the, , I think you're still lucky, Just took a bit of time to pay out.

If one measure of a person is how many friends and family are there for them in turning points in their lives, This room full of XXs loved ones, Tells me she's a wonderful person.
As for XY. 1, 2, 3, 4. Well, Don't sweat it XY, There are other measures of a man.

In seriousness though, Thank you again for this opportunity to be part of your life's book before another chapter begins. Speaking of next chapters

Still, I expect love, Even as it helps you stand the heat here, Will let you weather the cold there

I'll tell you this for nothing. Marriage ain't what it's cracked up to be.

I've been married twice. My first wife left me.

And my second won't.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2019 12:23:50 PM
Leaning wrote:

and I"m today"s best man

eghu, Public speaking

But, Only for a moment

Nice, Short and to the point. I like it, But leave out the part about being the 3rd best man. It smacks of you being miffed at not being the first choice.

Not that you are, But it could appear that way to listeners.

Have a good time and eat a lot of cake!
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2019 2:21:49 PM
@Willows
It doesn't seem 'that great to me, Though I suppose it can have potential. Eh, My Dad's on his third marriage, Which itself is shaky. My mom, Hasn't even seemed to try looking again since the divorce.

Different people I suppose. My dad seems as though he needs to have other people around, My mom? More herself type of person.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2019 2:23:47 PM
@ethang5
Heh, That's what a coworker said as well. Hm, Appreciate the feedback, I'll either improve verbal delivery to lighten it, Or replace it with something else.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2019 10:01:54 PM
Leaning wrote:
@Willows
It doesn't seem 'that great to me, Though I suppose it can have potential. Eh, My Dad's on his third marriage, Which itself is shaky. My mom, Hasn't even seemed to try looking again since the divorce.

Different people I suppose. My dad seems as though he needs to have other people around, My mom? More herself type of person.

I jest of course.
Marriage is a great institution and I have a lovely wife. She must be to put up my with crap.

There are other institutions however which aren't great at all. Take for example reli. . . . . .

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.