Jump to topic:

When death is a blessing

JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2019 9:51:52 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
It is so very sad when a person, Who was highly intelligent heretofore, Is struck down with a mind altering condition, Which eventually progresses until they are completely away with the fairies. In March I had my monthly phone call with my former geography teacher (92), She had all her marbles and we had a pleasant conversation. Not long after our chat she was struck down with a stroke, Which has left her totally confused, Blind, Deaf and unable to walk.

My husband's much older brother (86) has vascular dementia, Which has gradually destroyed his brain to the point where he no longer recognises any of his family and has no idea who he is. He also has a number of physical ailments, Which are quite serious. His condition has deteriorated and he was admitted to hospital over the weekend, He has been put in a side room, His family have assembled by his bedside, As it doesn't look as if he has much longer to live

In the case of my brother-in-law and former teacher, I think death would be a kindness. What do others think?
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2019 12:38:23 PM
I think assisted death is a good thing if a person is of sound mind and requests it, I would be prepared to assist a death if it was legal.
anonthesmallone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2019 7:15:45 PM
JJ50 wrote:
It is so very sad when a person, Who was highly intelligent heretofore, Is struck down with a mind altering condition, Which eventually progresses until they are completely away with the fairies. In March I had my monthly phone call with my former geography teacher (92), She had all her marbles and we had a pleasant conversation. Not long after our chat she was struck down with a stroke, Which has left her totally confused, Blind, Deaf and unable to walk.

My husband's much older brother (86) has vascular dementia, Which has gradually destroyed his brain to the point where he no longer recognises any of his family and has no idea who he is. He also has a number of physical ailments, Which are quite serious. His condition has deteriorated and he was admitted to hospital over the weekend, He has been put in a side room, His family have assembled by his bedside, As it doesn't look as if he has much longer to live

In the case of my brother-in-law and former teacher, I think death would be a kindness. What do others think?

This is a good example of counterfeit godly sorrow because no one is in physical pain. Sorrow for sin of self is evil. No. We feel sad and sorry for others suffering in pain.

In terms of your question, It is not our business to judge the life of others and their predestinated life path into eternity. The good thing is the love we feel for with empathy. But if a person has a mental disorder, It is not our business to pry into their brains. Love them as they are. Period.

Because they don't know you says more about you mind. They have a mentally diseased fleshly brain that affects the heart and mind of the spirit-orb. You will be happier if you love them as they are and not feel sad unless they are in pain. You really do not know what is going on inside them. Stand on the evidence and facts.

If you are an atheist, Then you are going to come up with different rational conclusions, Such as unplugging them by a lethal injection that is painless. God is not going to judge you one way or another, If you do not think like Him. He only wants you to have integrity of heart and do what you believe is the best for everyone--not just you.

As the trite saying goes, "To thine own self be true. " Since the word "true" is used, It means be true to what you believe is true. Likewise, Intellectually, God likes us to be hot or cold and not lukewarm, Unless and until we are proven false by the evidence. Then we need to change the idea. Therefore, To thine own self be true, Whatever that is. God will respect you integrity an honesty very much either way, Atheist or theist.
Turn the light of the third eye and live (Ezekiel 18)
https://www.debate.org...
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2019 11:34:33 AM
JJ50 wrote:
What a crazy post are you drunk or on drugs?

No, He's expressing his own comprehensively articulated view which contains points and quotations to formulate a considered opinion.

A quality that some (or ant least, Two) people obviously lack.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2019 9:56:51 PM
JJ50 wrote:

Has it occurred to you bad things are happening to people around you?
If people are all drinking from the same source and dying, The source would be the first suspect. Just saying. . . . . !
anonthesmallone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2019 1:14:50 AM
JJ50 wrote:
What a crazy post are you drunk or on drugs?

No. I have never taken a drug in mu life or smoked pot. A glass of white or two tastes good or a couple of cold beers I enjoy. But never been drunk.

If we start with the premise that God judges the heart based on integrity and honesty "to they self be true" and we "walk our talk", Then God will respect our decisions, Either way, He will see the decision as "good", Based on integrity of thought and the deed being one. Therefore, We are blessed by our integrity and not our deeds, Whether we are atheists or theists. God and not man is responsible for the first-hand evidence to believe in Him. He knows that truth. Therefore, He controls everything by His predestination power--belief and nonbelief in God.

In mortality, God deals with perception and not truth. Only He knows the truth. We believe. Therefore, He said, He would not spit us out of His mouth whether we are hot or cold and not lukewarm. If we are 100% committed to our beliefs, Or trying really hard to be an honest person with integrity, He will respect the decision as good from a good heart of integrity, And He likes that kind of heart. This includes the Luciferian hypocrites who deceive for a calculated purpose to stop Yahweh who they do not believe. They have integrity but are blinded by God.

Christ is the way, Truth, And Life:
1. Way = mortality and perception deceptions of the outer kingdom by trusting self.
2. Truth = eternal truth in the inner kingdom by revelations through prayer and trusting Christ. Revelations stay privately in the heart to know God in spiritual intimacy.
3. Life = Translation or Resurrection. Everyone lives forever.

1. Father (Outer kingdom)
2. Son (Inner kingdom)
3. Daughter Power of the Holy Spirit integrates the two kingdoms as One Kingdom of God in the resurrection or translation into the third heaven.

Life is cool. Life has purpose!
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2019 5:20:47 AM
@JJ50

I think that's the type of hypothetical situation I usually run from whenever it edges into my brain. Because It's a terrible one. I am sorry to hear about your brother in law, As well as your former teacher.

I. . . Suspect you might be right in it being a kindness, I recall one older guy I knew with Alzheimer's once. Couldn't even go to the bathroom by himself, And usually whenever he did understand his situation, Told people that he wanted to kill himself rather than be that way.

. . . If I had a family member in such a situation, I don't think I could kill them. . . Not. . . Even sure I would help them find some legal way to do it either. Sigh. Had a distant uncle with schizophrenia once, But for the most part tragedy hasn't been in my family.

If it was happening to me it'd be easier to decide. I'd want to go camping, Or go out to a cabin if I owned one. Probably a worse end than letting family or euthanasia take it's course. But I still want to live as long as I can, As long as it's me, And I have my dignity. Even if it's an undignified death alone, The alone part gives it something.
Johan_the_Toothless
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2019 11:26:13 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Death might indeed be a blessing, Considering that a brave warrior might be chosen for Valhalla or Sessrumnir. If the person is a good sort but not a warrior, They'll still end up in Hel with family and friends doing the things they did while living.

On the other hand, Cowardly warriors and other assorted low-lifes are likely to end up in Niflhel, A dark and treacherous place in the lowest of worlds. Not exactly the sort of blessing one might be looking for.
anonthesmallone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2019 11:49:04 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Johan_the_Toothless wrote:
Death might indeed be a blessing, Considering that a brave warrior might be chosen for Valhalla or Sessrumnir. If the person is a good sort but not a warrior, They'll still end up in Hel with family and friends doing the things they did while living.

On the other hand, Cowardly warriors and other assorted low-lifes are likely to end up in Niflhel, A dark and treacherous place in the lowest of worlds. Not exactly the sort of blessing one might be looking for.

Where did you get the idea that God created anyone to suffer forever? The Bible? Yahweh never said it. The theologians pulled it our of their butts. We are all created to live forever in bliss happiness having sex forever to "know" Yahweh Elohim spiritually as a Spirit. I will bet you did not know that, Did you? I see you are new here. You have just entered the Twilight Zone.

God Confronts Christian Hell Doctrine
https://www. Debate. Org/forums/religion/topic/4340488/

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.