Jump to topic:

Biblical Literalism

JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2019 5:32:28 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I cannot understand why some Christians can actually believe all the Bible to be literally true, Including the passages which have no credibility like the creation story, The flood, And much of what is attributed to Jesus. Not all Christians are Biblical literalists thank goodness, Only the more extreme ones.

I don't know what causes some people to suspend all logic when reading that book.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2019 6:01:30 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I cannot understand why some Christians can actually believe all the Bible to be literally true, Including the passages which have no credibility like the creation story, The flood, And much of what is attributed to Jesus. Not all Christians are Biblical literalists thank goodness, Only the more extreme ones.

I don't know what causes some people to suspend all logic when reading that book.

Many reasons.

First, They were born into that religion. Its very hard to get rid of beliefs that were ingrained into you from an early childhood age.

Secondly, Its easier on the mind to be in denial and believe a delusion, Then it is to face the harsh, Cold truth. This is doubly true for people who cannot admit they were wrong, Because of pride, An inflated self worth, Etc.

Thirdly, In for a penny, In for a pound. People who are committed, And have been committed, And wasted so much time and money, Into this, Sometimes feel as though they would prefer to continue, Rather than cut their losses and move on. You see this with scam victims, Who continuously pay, Even after they were told it was a scam, Because they have nothing else but to continue, In the slim hope that it isnt a scam.

And fourthly, Fear. Fear is always a huge driving factor. What if you can't get into heaven unless you believe that everything in the bibile is true? I mean, Thats what the bible says, So what other option do you have?

And then there are the people who are just idiots, Who don't understand or can't grasp the concept of logic, Reason and will buy a tub of holy water purified by Jesus himself from a TV ad.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.