Jump to topic:

The Greatest Evil Of All Time

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2019 7:06:47 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Think about it. What do think is the greatest evil ever perpetrated against the human race?
You may be thinking of the atrocities committed by Hitler or Stalin or other despots who have ruled over the centuries.

But surely, The greatest evil of them all must be religion.

Religion had its beginnings when the ruling classes devised a system of controlling the masses who were in those days, Ill-educated, Ignorant and thus highly superstitious to the point of extreme fear. Taking advantage of this, A system of rules was imposed upon the common folk which ensured that those in power prospered and the poor working classes were abused and oppressed. Any dissent from the victims of such barbaric rule were dealt with by cruel torture and death, Usually along with their families.

And of course, Nowadays, Nothing much has changed. In modern civilised societies we don't witness as much torture and death but religion still continues to exercise an evil stranglehold over those who are uneducated and ignorant.

Victims are still made to live a woeful life of persecution, Divided families and constant guilt and fear of the most vile and gruesome kind if they do not conform. Not just once until they die but for all eternity. Or, So they are made to believe.

Religion: the greatest evil of all time.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2019 7:15:17 AM
Willows wrote:
Think about it. What do think is the greatest evil ever perpetrated against the human race?
You may be thinking of the atrocities committed by Hitler or Stalin or other despots who have ruled over the centuries.

Religion had its beginnings when the ruling classes devised a system of controlling the masses who were in those days, Ill-educated, Ignorant and thus highly superstitious to the point of extreme fear. Taking advantage of this, A system of rules was imposed upon the common folk which ensured that those in power prospered and the poor working classes were abused and oppressed. Any dissent from the victims of such barbaric rule were dealt with by cruel torture and death, Usually along with their families.

And of course, Nowadays, Nothing much has changed. In modern civilised societies we don't witness as much torture and death but religion still continues to exercise an evil stranglehold over those who are uneducated and ignorant.

Victims are still made to live a woeful life of persecution, Divided families and constant guilt and fear of the most vile and gruesome kind if they do not conform. Not just once until they die but for all eternity. Or, So they are made to believe.

The biblical curse of Ham which condemned Africans to slavery or the biblical justification for slavery is a good example of how religion perpetrated the greatest evil of all time.

I am with you on this one, Mate!
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2019 8:20:30 AM
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:

The biblical curse of Ham which condemned Africans to slavery or the biblical justification for slavery is a good example of how religion perpetrated the greatest evil of all time.

Hear hear. It is an absolute abomination about the curse of Ham which is what turned me away from the Bible in the first place.

There is nothing in life that I enjoy more than smoked deli Ham sliced off the bone with Dijon mustard on fresh rye bread.
anonthesmallone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2019 8:34:49 AM
Willows, So true.

Matthew 15:9
And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.

Harikrish, You mean the curse of Canaan, Right?
Turn the light of the third eye and live (Ezekiel 18)
https://www.debate.org...
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2019 9:46:16 PM
Willows wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:

Hear hear. It is an absolute abomination about the curse of Ham which is what turned me away from the Bible in the first place.

There is nothing in life that I enjoy more than smoked deli Ham sliced off the bone with Dijon mustard on fresh rye bread.

You are not alone mate. See what being forced to avoid Ham did to the Jews in the Bible and what it is doing to the Muslims today. They are calling each other infidels.
But a man will not live by Ham alone. Christians kept the Ham but dropped the circumcision. They are not that far from Atheists. So where is the beef?
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2019 12:36:58 AM
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:

You are not alone mate. See what being forced to avoid Ham did to the Jews in the Bible and what it is doing to the Muslims today. They are calling each other infidels.
But a man will not live by Ham alone. Christians kept the Ham but dropped the circumcision. They are not that far from Atheists. So where is the beef?

Ah, But we are getting into sacred cow territory here which I confess to not knowing much about. I think that Curry Munchers have shown the world how to make delicious, Nutritious food without the need for knocking off our evolutionary co-inhabitants.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2019 7:03:31 AM
Willows wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:

Ah, But we are getting into sacred cow territory here which I confess to not knowing much about. I think that Curry Munchers have shown the world how to make delicious, Nutritious food without the need for knocking off our evolutionary co-inhabitants.

Nothing Hindu in the expression "Where is the Beef? "

Sorry, I've lived in Canada/America too long. It's a colloquial expression here.

"Thirty-three years ago, Wendy's debuted their now-iconic "Where's the Beef? " commercial, Starring Clara Peller as an old lady demanding more meat from her fast-food hamburger. "

Or

"To have an outstanding or unsettled dispute or disagreement with someone or something. Why does she have a beef with me? I'm always nice to her! Dad has a real beef with the phone company because they keep. . . "
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2019 7:55:46 AM

Adam eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil - is probably close to the greatest evil committed. Possibly only the murder of Jesus, The Son of God is more evil.

Yes differently evil but both result from the first I mentioned without relying on the blessing that came from the second.

Religion by one definition certainly falls within the category of evil. I liken Adam's sinful choice as the beginning of humanism, Another religious position. And it is also true that religion by the same definition is what drove the Pharisees to urge the Romans to kill Jesus. Jesus himself came to break down that kind of religion - the religion which seeks God - but refuses to listen to God when he comes to humanity.

Religion was much earlier than that. It began in the Garden of Eden at the beginning of the world. The Ruling classes get a lot of stick, But their part in it was not for a long time afterwards.

Again I won't resist your comments. Religion today is most powerfully articulated by the humanists and progressives amongst us. They even go so far as to actually hide their true intents - which is power and control - while blaming it on the pseudo religions that exist.

Yes, In the nations today which have rejected any kind of god or God or supernatural - take China Russia most of the former soviet block - persecution and torture and people disappearing is the norm.
anonthesmallone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2019 9:16:46 PM
***Tradesecret wrote: Adam eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil - is probably close to the greatest evil committed.

Knowing good and evil to be like God is not evil but good. God knew and Eve and Adam would eat the fruit and end up in the third heaven, And Satan wisely stated the truth from Heavenly Father's view that they would not die forever, Including His view too, By a method of genetic reengineering, Which is false. Ra (Lucifer) believes in the reality He created in his mind. Therefore, Ra (Lucifer) is not lying. Satan is the liar in the absence of God's light. God controls light and darkness in predictable cycles like physical night and day. We need to see the night and day cycles to know good and evil.

***Possibly only the murder of Jesus, The Son of God is more evil.

Christ was not murdered. He offered His life freely as a ransom payment to our dragons to release us from sin and death of old age by repentance and renewing the mind of bad ideas.

***Yes differently evil but both result from the first I mentioned without relying on the blessing that came from the second.

Christianity's atonement foundation is flawed. Hitler and Stalin teach us to know how the power of the black grace of God works in hierarchical pyramid structures that always fail with too much of God's power. Lesson learned. The dragon is evil in mortality. The criminals outside of the 12 apostles break their oaths to God secretly because of covetous greed for power for self and not the Creator. It does not work to build a New World Order. The New Word Order will stand on the New Jerusalem in the inner kingdom of Christ in the heart living the the Golden Rule.
anonthesmallone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2019 9:55:14 PM
***Religion by one definition certainly falls within the category of evil. I liken Adam's sinful choice as the beginning of humanism, Another religious position.

This idea came after the 9th century. It is not a first century thought. The first century thought is the leaves represent the magic wand of forgiveness for killing animals that is accurately defined as the word "atonement" by Tyndale in the 15th century to explain 9th century theology that he sincerely believed from the Catholic Church that was taught for 600 years to faithfully program everyone's minds.

By inventing one word atonement to communicate, God effectively taught the consequence of covering the body with leaves. The leaves were Adam and Eve's idea. The body will die without full repentance.

God gave Adam and Eve animal skins to cover the body. Life is in the blood or ideas of Christ. First, The body will not die of old age to be translated for the elect of occult Israel. Secondly, All blood animals and humans that are not predestinated to that Life Path will die and be resurrected to live forever. They do not want the responsibility that goes with the gods and goddesses.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2019 12:57:40 AM
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:

Nothing Hindu in the expression "Where is the Beef? "

Sorry, I've lived in Canada/America too long. It's a colloquial expression here.

"Thirty-three years ago, Wendy's debuted their now-iconic "Where's the Beef? " commercial, Starring Clara Peller as an old lady demanding more meat from her fast-food hamburger. "

Or

"To have an outstanding or unsettled dispute or disagreement with someone or something. Why does she have a beef with me? I'm always nice to her! Dad has a real beef with the phone company because they keep. . . "

OK, I get it now.
I had a beef about the steak that I bought yesterday.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2019 1:01:36 AM
Tradesecret wrote:

Adam eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil - is probably close to the greatest evil committed.

Given that such an absurd event ever occurred and given that the action was purely symbolic wasn't it then, The evil act of God who imposed the consequences?

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.