Jump to topic:

Dr. Franklin's free Biblical School-Lesson 11

Anonymous
7/19/2019 1:27:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Dr. Franklin's free Biblical School-Lesson 11

Circumcision the Sign of the Covenant, And The Birth of Isaac Promised

Genesis 17 starts off the account

"1 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, The Lord appeared to him and said, "I am God Almighty[1] ; walk before me faithfully and be blameless. 2 Then I will make my covenant between me and you and will greatly increase your numbers. " 3 Abram fell facedown, And God said to him,

4 "As for me, This is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations. 5 No longer will you be called Abram[2] ; your name will be Abraham, [3] for I have made you a father of many nations. 6 I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, And kings will come from you. "

The covenant was to be accomplished in due time. The promised Seed was Christ, And Christians in him. And all who are of faith are blessed with faithful Abram, Being partakers of the same covenant blessings. In token of this covenant his name was changed from Abram, "a high father, " to Abraham, "the father of a multitude. " All that the Christian world enjoys, It is indebted for to Abraham and his Seed.

"7 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, To be your God and the God of your descendants after you. 8 The whole land of Canaan, Where you now reside as a foreigner, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God. " 9 Then God said to Abraham, "As for you, You must keep my covenant, You and your descendants after you for the generations to come. 10 This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, The covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised. 11 You are to undergo circumcision, And it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you. 12 For the generations to come every male among you who is eight days old must be circumcised, Including those born in your household or bought with money from a foreigner-those who are not your offspring. 13 Whether born in your household or bought with your money, They must be circumcised. My covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting covenant. 14 Any uncircumcised male, Who has not been circumcised in the flesh, Will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant. "

The covenant of grace is from everlasting in the counsels of it, And to everlasting in the consequences of it. The token of the covenant was circumcision. It is here said to be the covenant which Abraham and his seed must keep. Those who will have the Lord to be to them a God, Must resolve to be to him a people. Not only Abraham and Isaac, And his posterity by Isaac, Were to be circumcised, But also Ishmael and the bond-servants. It sealed not only the covenant of the land of Canaan to Isaac's posterity, But of heaven, Through Christ, To the whole church of God. The outward sign is for the visible church; the inward seal of the Spirit is peculiar to those whom God knows to be believers, And he alone can know them. The religious observance of this institution was required, Under a very severe penalty. It is dangerous to make light of Divine institutions, And to live in the neglect of them. The covenant in question was one that involved great blessings for the world in all future ages. Even the blessedness of Abraham himself, And all the rewards conferred upon him, Were for Christ's sake. Abraham was justified, As we have seen, Not by his own righteousness, But by faith in the promised Messiah.

"15 God also said to Abraham, "As for Sarai your wife, You are no longer to call her Sarai; her name will be Sarah. 16 I will bless her and will surely give you a son by her. I will bless her so that she will be the mother of nations; kings of peoples will come from her. " 17 Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself, "Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety? " 18 And Abraham said to God, "If only Ishmael might live under your blessing! " 19 Then God said, "Yes, But your wife Sarah will bear you a son, And you will call him Isaac. [4] I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him. 20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, And I will make him into a great nation. 21 But my covenant I will establish with Isaac, Whom Sarah will bear to you by this time next year. " 22 When he had finished speaking with Abraham, God went up from him. "

Here is the promise made to Abraham of a son by Sarai, In whom the promise made to him should be fulfilled. The assurance of this promise was the change of Sarai's name into Sarah. Sarai signifies my princess, As if her honour were confined to one family only; Sarah signifies a princess. The more favours God confers upon us, The more low we should be in our own eyes. Abraham showed great joy; he laughed, It was a laughter of delight, Not of distrust. Now it was that Abraham rejoiced to see Christ's day; now he saw it and was glad, John 8:56. Abraham, Dreading lest Ishmael should be abandoned and forsaken of God, Put up a petition on his behalf. God gives us leave in prayer to be particular in making known our requests. Whatever is our care and fear, Should be spread before God in prayer. It is the duty of parents to pray for their children, And the great thing we should desire is, That they may be kept in covenant with Him, And may have grace to walk before him in uprightness. Common blessings are secured to Ishmael. Outward good things are often given to those children of godly parents who are born after the flesh, For their parents' sake. Covenant blessings are reserved for Isaac, And appropriated to him.

"23 On that very day Abraham took his son Ishmael and all those born in his household or bought with his money, Every male in his household, And circumcised them, As God told him. 24 Abraham was ninety-nine years old when he was circumcised, 25 and his son Ishmael was thirteen; 26 Abraham and his son Ishmael were both circumcised on that very day. 27 And every male in Abraham's household, Including those born in his household or bought from a foreigner, Was circumcised with him. '

Abraham and all his family were circumcised; so receiving the token of the covenant, And distinguishing themselves from other families that had no part nor lot in the matter. It was an implicit obedience; he did as God said unto him, And did not ask why or wherefore. He did it because God bade him. It was a speedy obedience; in the self-same day. Sincere obedience makes no delay. Not only the doctrines of revelation, But the seals of God's covenant, Remind us that we are guilty, Polluted sinners. They show us our need of the blood of atonement; they point to the promised Saviour, And teach us to exercise faith in him. They show us that without regeneration, And sanctification by his Spirit, And the mortification of our corrupt and carnal inclinations, We cannot be in covenant with God. But let us remember that the true circumcision is that of the heart, By the Spirit, Romans 2:28, 29. Both under the old and new dispensation, Many have had the outward profession, And the outward seal, Who were never sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise.

To be continued
Anonymous
7/19/2019 1:38:58 AM
Part 2

Genesis 18 starts with Isaac promised

"1 The Lord appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day. 2 Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. When he saw them, He hurried from the entrance of his tent to meet them and bowed low to the ground. 3 He said, "If I have found favor in your eyes, My lord, [1] do not pass your servant by. 4 Let a little water be brought, And then you may all wash your feet and rest under this tree. 5 Let me get you something to eat, So you can be refreshed and then go on your way-now that you have come to your servant. " "Very well, " they answered, "do as you say. " 6 So Abraham hurried into the tent to Sarah. "Quick, " he said, "get three seahs[2] of the finest flour and knead it and bake some bread. " 7 Then he ran to the herd and selected a choice, Tender calf and gave it to a servant, Who hurried to prepare it. 8 He then brought some curds and milk and the calf that had been prepared, And set these before them. While they ate, He stood near them under a tree. "

Abraham was waiting to entertain any weary traveller, For inns were not to be met with as among us. While Abraham was thus sitting, He saw three men coming. These were three heavenly beings in human bodies. Some think they were all created angels; others, That one of them was the Son of God, The Angel of the covenant. Washing the feet is customary in those hot climates, Where only sandals are worn. We should not be forgetful to entertain strangers, For thereby some have entertained angels unawares, Hebrews 13:2; nay, The Lord of angels himself; as we always do, When for his sake we entertain the least of his brethren. Cheerful and obliging manners in showing kindness, Are great ornaments to piety. Though our condescending Lord vouchsafes not personal visits to us, Yet still by his Spirit he stands at the door and knocks; when we are inclined to open, He deigns to enter; and by his gracious consolations he provides a rich feast, Of which we partake with him, Revelation 3:20.

"9 "Where is your wife Sarah? " they asked him. "There, In the tent, " he said. 10 Then one of them said, "I will surely return to you about this time next year, And Sarah your wife will have a son. " Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, Which was behind him. 11 Abraham and Sarah were already very old, And Sarah was past the age of childbearing. 12 So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, "After I am worn out and my lord is old, Will I now have this pleasure? " 13 Then the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, Now that I am old? ' 14 Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, And Sarah will have a son. " 15 Sarah was afraid, So she lied and said, "I did not laugh. " But he said, "Yes, You did laugh. "

Where is Sarah thy wife? Was asked. Note the answer, In the tent. Just at hand, In her proper place, Occupied in her household concerns. There is nothing got by gadding. Those are most likely to receive comfort from God and his promises, Who are in their proper place, And in the way of their duty, Luke 2:8. We are slow of heart to believe, And need line upon line to the same purport. The blessings others have from common providence, Believers have from the Divine promise, Which makes them very sweet, And very sure. The spiritual seed of Abraham owe their life, And joy, And hope, And all, To the promise. Sarah thinks this too good news to be true; she laughed, And therefore cannot as yet find in her heart to believe it. Sarah laughed. We might not have thought there was a difference between Sarah's laughter and Abraham's, 17; but He who searches the heart, Saw that the one sprung from unbelief, And the other from faith. She denied that she had laughed. One sin commonly brings in another, And it is not likely we shall strictly keep to truth, When we question the Divine truth. But whom the Lord loves he will rebuke, Convict, Silence, And bring to repentance, And if they sin before him.

Next Lesson-Abraham Intercedes for Sodom and Sodom and Gomorra

Class Dismissed!

Dr. Franklin>Biblical Scholar, Harvard College
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2019 4:18:40 AM
One sin commonly brings in another, And it is not likely we shall strictly keep to truth, When we question the Divine truth.

How true.

Abraham tried, But those incestuous bastards just would not listen.

Tell'em Doc!
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2019 3:49:21 PM
Dr. Franklin wrote:
Part 2

Genesis 18 starts with Isaac promised

"1 The Lord appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day. 2 Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. When he saw them, He hurried from the entrance of his tent to meet them and bowed low to the ground. 3 He said, "If I have found favor in your eyes, My lord, [1] do not pass your servant by. 4 Let a little water be brought, And then you may all wash your feet and rest under this tree. 5 Let me get you something to eat, So you can be refreshed and then go on your way-now that you have come to your servant. " "Very well, " they answered, "do as you say. " 6 So Abraham hurried into the tent to Sarah. "Quick, " he said, "get three seahs[2] of the finest flour and knead it and bake some bread. " 7 Then he ran to the herd and selected a choice, Tender calf and gave it to a servant, Who hurried to prepare it. 8 He then brought some curds and milk and the calf that had been prepared, And set these before them. While they ate, He stood near them under a tree. "

Abraham was waiting to entertain any weary traveller, For inns were not to be met with as among us. While Abraham was thus sitting, He saw three men coming. These were three heavenly beings in human bodies. Some think they were all created angels; others, That one of them was the Son of God, The Angel of the covenant. Washing the feet is customary in those hot climates, Where only sandals are worn. We should not be forgetful to entertain strangers, For thereby some have entertained angels unawares, Hebrews 13:2; nay, The Lord of angels himself; as we always do, When for his sake we entertain the least of his brethren. Cheerful and obliging manners in showing kindness, Are great ornaments to piety. Though our condescending Lord vouchsafes not personal visits to us, Yet still by his Spirit he stands at the door and knocks; when we are inclined to open, He deigns to enter; and by his gracious consolations he provides a rich feast, Of which we partake with him, Revelation 3:20.

"9 "Where is your wife Sarah? " they asked him. "There, In the tent, " he said. 10 Then one of them said, "I will surely return to you about this time next year, And Sarah your wife will have a son. " Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, Which was behind him. 11 Abraham and Sarah were already very old, And Sarah was past the age of childbearing. 12 So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, "After I am worn out and my lord is old, Will I now have this pleasure? " 13 Then the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, Now that I am old? ' 14 Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, And Sarah will have a son. " 15 Sarah was afraid, So she lied and said, "I did not laugh. " But he said, "Yes, You did laugh. "

Where is Sarah thy wife? Was asked. Note the answer, In the tent. Just at hand, In her proper place, Occupied in her household concerns. There is nothing got by gadding. Those are most likely to receive comfort from God and his promises, Who are in their proper place, And in the way of their duty, Luke 2:8. We are slow of heart to believe, And need line upon line to the same purport. The blessings others have from common providence, Believers have from the Divine promise, Which makes them very sweet, And very sure. The spiritual seed of Abraham owe their life, And joy, And hope, And all, To the promise. Sarah thinks this too good news to be true; she laughed, And therefore cannot as yet find in her heart to believe it. Sarah laughed. We might not have thought there was a difference between Sarah's laughter and Abraham's, 17; but He who searches the heart, Saw that the one sprung from unbelief, And the other from faith. She denied that she had laughed. One sin commonly brings in another, And it is not likely we shall strictly keep to truth, When we question the Divine truth. But whom the Lord loves he will rebuke, Convict, Silence, And bring to repentance, And if they sin before him.

Class Dismissed!

Plagiarism definition. The practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.

Dr. Franklin wrote:
Come all to Dr. Franklin's free Biblical School

Everything you need to know about the Bible and Christianity

All your Bible Lessons are plagiarized from Matthew Henry's Commentary.

You even confessed your Bible lessons were plagiarized from Matthew Henry's Commentary.

Franklin wrote: We have hired Henry to do the commentary.

But Henry died June 1714. Henry was not a Catholic. He was a nonconformist.

Franklin a Catholic plagiarizing non Catholic sources. What a nut job.

You are a liar and a lunatic. Busted!

Calling plagiarized works of Matthew Henry's Commentary as Dr. Franklins free Biblical School lessons is the very definition of plagiarism.
Plagiarism definition. The practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2019 4:35:15 PM
Harikrish wrote:
Dr. Franklin wrote:

Class Dismissed!

Dr. Franklin wrote:

You even confessed your Bible lessons were plagiarized from Matthew Henry's Commentary.

Calling plagiarized works of Matthew Henry's Commentary as Dr. Franklins free Biblical School lessons is the very definition of plagiarism.

The commentaries are for people to use you moron. You don't even know what commentaries are, Or are for.

Plus, Copyrights expire after 99 years if not renewed. Henry is now public domain.

And it was the Doc himself who cited Matthew Henry. Stop being stupid.

You've plagiarized worse than anyone on DDO moron. Curb your jealousy.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2019 3:36:51 PM
ethang5 wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Dr. Franklin wrote:

Class Dismissed!

Dr. Franklin wrote:

The commentaries are for people to use you moron. You don't even know what commentaries are, Or are for.

Plus, Copyrights expire after 99 years if not renewed. Henry is now public domain.

And it was the Doc himself who cited Matthew Henry. Stop being stupid.

You've plagiarized worse than anyone on DDO moron. Curb your jealousy.

You are a low IQ delivery mule nigger Ethang. You are stuck in Ghana Africa a shithole country. You confessed you are a poor African slave smuggling free bibles for a living in Africa where 50% of the people are illiterate and cannot read. But they use the free bibles as toilet paper because being free it is cheaper than toilet paper.

You already admitted you are a nigger and a slave. Nigger it's over.

Stop being a hater Ethang. Take some advice to deal with your jealousy and low self esteem.

You have to stop looking in the mirror because everytime you see your black negroid face you hate yourself and you also see why others hate that face too. Covering your black ugly face with a mask like you did in your profile just adds suspense to what your ugly black negroid face looks like that is attached to the rest of your black Karma covered body.

When white Christians first saw the black negroid face they recognized the curse of Ham and turned negroids into slaves.

The role of Christianity in African slavery is rather unique. Most religions allowed slavery based on economic and monetary reasons. But slaves were never targeted because of their skin colour alone. The continued discrimination of Africans are purely on skin colour.

Trump turned the focus from the black negroid face to black shitholes. That upset the African leaders because there is nothing uglier than a black negroid face licking a black shithole. It took me an hour of meditation to remove that imagery from my mind. Yikes!

Try listing some African achievements in the field of science, Medicine, Technology etc. To reduce the stigma of bad Karma. Attacking Hindus will not serve any purpose when your cursed existence is biblical, Your low IQ is in your genes so is your negroid appearance and black colour.

You said you are not a proud African. Your posts tell us why.
African is a person from Africa especially a black person. You live in Ghana Africa which also establishes your geographical location is Africa. And you confessed you are not a proud African. So you are African and live in Ghana Aftica. But you are not a proud African. Most Africans are not proud to be African. Africans were happiest when they were slaves.

Your father was a black negroid atheist. But you turned out to be a black negroid slave delivering bibles for free.
Karmic Justice combined with the curse of Ham and Slavery by Arabs produced Black shitholes.
Wow! Africans are cursed in 4 religions. Judaism, Islam, Christianity and Hinduism.

Phenotypic Variations Between Blacks and Non-Blacks

Blacks have wide noses, Kinky hair, Black skin, High waist-to-hip ratios, Prognathic jaws, Long arms, And soulless, Vacant eyes. Everything about them is ugly.

The psychological development of black negroids like Ethang5 are linked to the biblical curse of Ham. They remain cursed and it is reflected in their social rejection, Physical appearance and life decisions.

Blacks have the lowest IQ in the world (ignoring the equally disgusting and black-skinned Australian aborigines for convenience"s sake). The Bushmen clock in at around 50 IQ, The average Bantu achieves the mentally retarded level of 70 IQ, And the highly cultivated, Well fed, Well cared for, Partially White African-Americans reach 85 IQ. IQ has an enormous impact on lifestyle, Achievement, And behavior. IQ correlates to poverty, Crime, Mortality, And broken homes on one side " and education, Wealth, Human accomplishment, Long life and stable homes on the other. According to IQ and the Wealth of Nations, A country must have a minimum average IQ of 90 to run a technological civilization. It is not a far cry to say it is IQ that makes humans better than the animals, And it is IQ that makes some humans better than other humans.

The curse of Ham was clearly pointing to African slavery.
Genesis 9:25 The lowest of slaves will he be to his brothers. "

From African slaves to African shitholes.

https://i. Ytimg. Com/vi/RfIcDEI1jWU/hqdefault. Jpg
http://www. Brh. Org. Uk/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/slavedealer. Jpg
http://4. Bp. Blogspot. Com/-nWfci5zYfTo/T5dLf3aoxVI/AAAAAAAAK7w/S96vcRUimYs/s640/slave+punishment2. Jpg
http://africanah. Org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/FabriceMarrons2014c. Jpg
http://www. Anotherafrica. Net/wp/wp-content/gallery/fabrice-monteiro-marron/aa_fabricemonteiromarron_03. Jpg

Read nigger Ethang's confessions.
Ethang5 wrote: Lol. Of course I am African, Why do you keep talking about America?
Ethang5 wrote: I live in Africa where I run Bibles to countries which outlaw the possession of Bibles. Been doing it for more than 15 years to many countries. I have 3 children. (Pimping children are also illegal, Nigger)
Ethang5 wrote: I live in Africa where slavery is still practiced today.
Ethang5 wrote: God's curses do not fail. Less than 30% of Africans ever saw slavery.
Ethang5 wrote: "I'm not a proud African. And if I were, I would not lie about Africa's achievements. "
Ethang5 wrote: I never said I was smart.
Ethang said: For His Majesty King Jesus? Full time slave here moron. Jesus has my all.
Ethang is a full time slave.
Ethang5 wrote: Yes, I am not proud to be African. I cannot be proud to be African.
Ethang5 wrote: I live in Africa where the literacy rate is below 50%, And I see people do here, Exactly what this "test" is doing. Taking advantage of ignorance.
Ethang5 said: I live close to where Boko Haram operates. There are no Boko Harams in America.
Ethang5 wrote: I live in Africa where slavery is still practiced today.

Ethang5 wrote: I think you're right. I live in Ghana, West Africa, And if you were to try the "God is evil" argument here people would simply think you were an obnoxious boob.

Ethang5 wrote: Long ago, I had a night job where I worked with this guy much like Im-Em here. He told me that reality was whatever he believed.

Ethang5 wrote: I currently live in a country with a society much closer to the 1st century than the society in which you live. I have seen people get burned alive in the street, And people a few blocks away never hear of it.

Ethang5 wrote: Having been kicked off more than a hundred forums, I understand your trepidation.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.