Are You Religious?

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2019 7:48:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Or were you just born that crazy?

Well, Research has shown that the latter may just be the case.

The "God gene hypothesis" proposes that human spirituality is influenced by heredity and that a specific gene, Called vesicular monoamine transporter 2 (VMAT2), Predisposes humans towards spiritual or mystic experiences.

It's quite a daunting really to think that many people afflicted with weird, Delusional thoughts and behavior may have to live with it all their lives.

But there is hope around the corner.
Statistics show that around the world, People are leaving their chosen imaginary friends by the drove.
So maybe we are coincidentally seeing evolution play out in front of our very eyes in that the dreaded God gene mutation is gradually evolving out of the human race.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2019 10:35:13 AM
Tradesecret wrote:
I don't consider myself religious.

One would tend to take that statement with a grain of salt coming from someone who thinks God exists because there is evil.
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2019 10:58:00 AM
One would tend to take that statement with a grain of salt coming from someone who thinks God exists because there is evil.

Well there you go, Making assumptions again.

Why is it that you take the view that a person who believes in God must be religious?

I don't think it is at all necessary. I am not sure that religions and God are even compatible. In fact I would think that God rejects religion. Jesus certainly did.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2019 11:48:22 AM
Tradesecret wrote:

Well there you go, Making assumptions again.

Why is it that you take the view that a person who believes in God must be religious?

for Kerrist bloody sake.
In case nobody has told you lately, That's exactly what religion is:

religion | rel'id/jin |
noun [mass noun]
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, Especially a personal God or gods.

Now, We all know that supernatural beliefs play all sorts of little tricks on the mind but it's alright. It's ok to be called religious when all those voices are swirling around your head. And, Many people may just accept that without thinking that you are really deluded.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.