Jump to topic:

What was God doing in the bushes?

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2019 11:21:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
According to Moses God was hiding in the burning bush from where he called out to Moses. But Moses was too frightened to look at what God was doing in the bushes.

At first Moses was curious to check the burning bush.
Exodus 3:Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3 So Moses thought, "I will go over and see this strange sight"why the bush does not burn up. "

But when he heard God call him from the bush he was afraid to look at what God was doing in there.

Exodus 3: 6 Then he said, "I am the God of your father, [a] the God of Abraham, The God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. " At this, Moses hid his face, Because he was afraid to look at God.

Did Moses think God was pooing in the bushes and refused to look?

Because when Moses was with God again he felt bolder and asked God to now show him his glory.

Exodus 33:17 And the Lord said to Moses, "I will do the very thing you have asked, Because I am pleased with you and I know you by name. "
18 Then Moses said, "Now show me your glory. "

But this time it was different because God was not hidden by a bush. This would have been full and direct exposure.

So God deflects.

Exodus 33:20 But, " he said, "you cannot see my face, For no one may see me and live. "

Moses was not asking to see God's face. He wanted God to show him his glory as man to man.

But God chose instead to show his better side or backside as the verse unfolds.
Exodus 33:23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen. "

So Moses saw God's backside and not his glory and he did not die.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2019 12:03:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Mary did not see God's glory or felt it while he was raping her in her sleep.

Luke 1:34 "How will this be, " Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin? "
35 The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come on you, And the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called[b] the Son of God.

So it all happened in Mary's sleep.

Might explain why God did not want Moses to see his glory too but showed Moses his backside instead.

Exosus 33:20 But, " he said, "you cannot see my face, For no one may see me and live. "
Exodus 33:23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen. "

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.