Jump to topic:

God wanted Isaac sacrificed to test Abraham

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2020 11:40:31 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Christians teach God was testing Abrahams loyalty to God. But the biblical events that surrounded the Abrahmic covenant was full of lies and broken promises.

Genesis 22
1And it came to pass after these things, That God did tempt Abraham, And said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, Here I am.

2 And he said, Take now thy son, Thine only son Isaac, Whom thou lovest, And get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

16 And said, By myself have I sworn, Saith the Lord, For because thou hast done this thing, And hast not withheld thy son, Thine only son:

17 That in blessing I will bless thee, And in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, And as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

But God has promised Abraham his first born (I will make your offspring like the dust of the earth so that if anyone could count the dust, Then your offspring could be counted). Genesis 13. So why did God want Isaac sacrificed. Did God not know Ishmael was actually Abraham's first born?

In Genesis 13 God makes a promise to Abraham.
14 The Lord said to Abram after Lot had parted from him, "Look around from where you are, To the north and south, To the east and west. 15 All the land that you see I will give to you and your offspring[a] forever. 16 I will make your offspring like the dust of the earth, So that if anyone could count the dust, Then your offspring could be counted. 17 Go, Walk through the length and breadth of the land, For I am giving it to you. "

Genesis 15
But Abram said, "Sovereign Lord, What can you give me since I remain childless and the one who will inherit[c] my estate is Eliezer of Damascus? " 3 And Abram said, "You have given me no children; so a servant in my household will be my heir. "

Abraham also knew Ishmael and not Isaac was his first born. Yet he agreed to have Isaac offered as a burnt sacrifice offering.

Genesis 16 Abraham has his first son Ishmael.
Now Sarai, Abram"s wife, Had borne him no children. But she had an Egyptian slave named Hagar; 2 so she said to Abram, "The Lord has kept me from having children. Go, Sleep with my slave; perhaps I can build a family through her. "

Abram agreed to what Sarai said. 3 So after Abram had been living in Canaan ten years, Sarai his wife took her Egyptian slave Hagar and gave her to her husband to be his wife. 4 He slept with Hagar, And she conceived.

15 So Hagar bore Abram a son, And Abram gave the name Ishmael to the son she had borne. 16 Abram was eighty-six years old when Hagar bore him Ishmael.

Did God deliver on his promise?

Ishmael is the father of the Arabs and Isaac the father of the Jews.

The Arabs number 434 million compared to 14 million Jews.
The Arabs own land 640 times the size of Israel.
The Arabs have 2/3 of the world's oil reserve.
So the blessing and promise went to the descendents of Ishmael.
Even Abraham was willing to sacrifice Isaac to save Ishmael.
God at the last minute rejected Abraham's offer of Isaac like he did with Cains offerings over Abel.
Should anyone be surprised why the Jews suffered antisemitism throughout their history? God and Abraham fumbled with the covenant.
Ishmael was the first born and circumcised and Isaac followed.
Ishmael went on to produce nations of Muslims numbering 1. 6 billion. Judaism is stuck at 14 million.

Harikrish biblical scholar and spiritual leader.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2020 11:49:20 PM
Christians teach God was testing Abrahams loyalty to God. But the biblical events that surrounded the Abrahmic covenant was full of lies and broken promises.

Genesis 22
1And it came to pass after these things, That God did tempt Abraham, And said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, Here I am.

2 And he said, Take now thy son, Thine only son Isaac, Whom thou lovest, And get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

16 And said, By myself have I sworn, Saith the Lord, For because thou hast done this thing, And hast not withheld thy son, Thine only son:

17 That in blessing I will bless thee, And in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, And as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

But God has promised Abraham his first born (I will make your offspring like the dust of the earth so that if anyone could count the dust, Then your offspring could be counted). Genesis 13. So why did God want Isaac sacrificed. Did God not know Ishmael was actually Abraham's first born?

In Genesis 13 God makes a promise to Abraham.
14 The Lord said to Abram after Lot had parted from him, "Look around from where you are, To the north and south, To the east and west. 15 All the land that you see I will give to you and your offspring[a] forever. 16 I will make your offspring like the dust of the earth, So that if anyone could count the dust, Then your offspring could be counted. 17 Go, Walk through the length and breadth of the land, For I am giving it to you. "

Genesis 15
But Abram said, "Sovereign Lord, What can you give me since I remain childless and the one who will inherit[c] my estate is Eliezer of Damascus? " 3 And Abram said, "You have given me no children; so a servant in my household will be my heir. "

Abraham also knew Ishmael and not Isaac was his first born. Yet he agreed to have Isaac offered as a burnt sacrifice offering.

Genesis 16 Abraham has his first son Ishmael.
Now Sarai, Abram"s wife, Had borne him no children. But she had an Egyptian slave named Hagar; 2 so she said to Abram, "The Lord has kept me from having children. Go, Sleep with my slave; perhaps I can build a family through her. "

Abram agreed to what Sarai said. 3 So after Abram had been living in Canaan ten years, Sarai his wife took her Egyptian slave Hagar and gave her to her husband to be his wife. 4 He slept with Hagar, And she conceived.

15 So Hagar bore Abram a son, And Abram gave the name Ishmael to the son she had borne. 16 Abram was eighty-six years old when Hagar bore him Ishmael.

Did God deliver on his promise?

Ishmael is the father of the Arabs and Isaac the father of the Jews.

The Arabs number 434 million compared to 14 million Jews.
The Arabs own land 640 times the size of Israel.
The Arabs have 2/3 of the world's oil reserve.
So the blessing and promise went to the descendents of Ishmael.
Even Abraham was willing to sacrifice Isaac to save Ishmael.
God at the last minute rejected Abraham's offer of Isaac like he did with Cains offerings over Abel.
"And in the process of time it came to pass that Cain brought an offering of the fruit of the ground to the Lord. Abel also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of their fat. And the Lord respected Abel and his offering but He did not respect Cain and his offering. And Cain was very angry, And his countenance fell (Genesis 4:4, 5). "

Should anyone be surprised why the Jews suffered antisemitism throughout their history? God and Abraham fumbled with the covenant.
Ishmael was the first born and circumcised and Isaac followed.
Ishmael went on to produce nations of Muslims numbering 1. 6 billion. Judaism is stuck at 14 million.

Harikrish biblical scholar and spiritual leader.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2020 6:30:38 PM
The Jews called for Jesus to be crucified.

Luke 23:21 but they kept shouting, "Crucify Him! Crucify Him! "

The Romans tried and convicted Jesus and then crucified Jesus.

John 19:23 When the soldiers had crucified Jesus, They divided His garments into four parts, One for each soldier, With the tunic remaining. It was seamless, Woven. . .

So Jesus was crucified and not sacrificed.

Why did God accept the crucifixion of Jesus?

Even Jesus lamented on the cross.

Matthew 27:46 About the ninth hour, Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, Lema sabachthani? " which means, "My God, My God, Why have You forsaken Me? "

Even the Pope declared the cross was a failure of God.

Pope Francis said during his whirlwind U. S. Tour. "And if at times OUR EFFORTS AND WORKS SEEM TO FAIL AND PRODUCE NO FRUIT, We need to REMEMBER that WE ARE FOLLOWERS OF JESUS. . . And His LIFE, Humanly speaking, ENDED IN FAILURE, THE FAILURE OF THE CROSS. "

When you don"t understand something, When desperation hits you then look at the CROSS. THAT IS THE GREAT FAILURE OF GOD, THAT IS THE DESTRUCTION OF GOD, AND IT'S A CHALLENGE TO OUR FAITH.

Did God not know the difference between sacrifice and crucifixion?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2021 6:12:20 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Did Abraham Receive the Promised"Land?

There is much debate about the Abrahmic test and covenant. But the bible records all the covenants with the Jews from Adam to Noah to Abraham to Moses and finally Jesus all ended in failure.
The Jews were repeatedly punished by God throughout their history. So why did God continue to make covenants with Jews only to have them broken?

Hitlers burnt offering of 6 million Jews is the only man made covenant that has stood the test of time. God had nothing to with it. It is now the model for future covenants with Jews where covenant failure is not an option.

It is surprising to discover from Stephen"s Speech to the Sanhedrin in the New Testament that Abraham never received the land promised from God! "

Acts 7:2"To this he replied: "Brothers and fathers, Listen to me! The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham while he was still in Mesopotamia, Before he lived in Harran. 3""Leave your country and your people, " God said, "and go to the land I will show you. "
4""So he left the land of the Chaldeans and settled in Harran. After the death of his father, God sent him to this land where you are now living. 5"He gave him no inheritance here, Not even enough ground to set his foot on. But God promised him that he and his descendants after him would possess the land, Even though at that time Abraham had no child.

When Did Abraham Expect to Receive the Promise?
Throughout Genesis, The faithful man Abraham, And his sons, Isaac and Jacob, Lived as nomads in tents. Yet Abraham had come from the city of you are, A civilized, "modern" city with running water and libraries. Cities and houses had been common dwellings long before Abraham lived. Why did Abraham choose to dwell in a tent? Why did he and his sons not claim the land and build homes and establish their presence in the land? It was only when Abraham needed a place to bury his wife, Sarah, That he bought a section of the land for a cemetery (Genesis 23). He had to buy land " yet God had promised it to him as a gift.
Obviously, Abraham chose to live as a nomad for a reason. God had clearly defined the boundaries to the land (Genesis 15:17-21) and numerous times he reiterated the promise in Genesis, But it was never fulfilled. In the New Testment, The writer to Hebrews confirms that the promise was not received, Adding details that indicate Abraham did not expect to inherit the land in his lifetime! The KJV is a little easier to understand for this passage, So we will use it instead of the ESV:
Hebrews 11:8"By faith Abraham, When called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, Obeyed and went, Even though he did not know where he was going. 9"By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, As did Isaac and Jacob, Who were heirs with him of the same promise. 10"For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, Whose architect and builder is God. 11"And by faith even Sarah, Who was past childbearing age, Was enabled to bear children because she[b] considered him faithful who had made the promise. 12"And so from this one man, And he as good as dead, Came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore.
13"All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, Admitting that they were foreigners and strangers on earth. 14"People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. 15"If they had been thinking of the country they had left, They would have had opportunity to return. 16"Instead, They were longing for a better country"a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, For he has prepared a city for them.

Notice what we are told:
* Abraham lived in the promised land in a tent " "tabernacles", As a stranger.
* He died without receiving his inheritance, Looking for a "city which hath foundations, Whose builder and maker is God".

Did Abraham Expect to Receive the Promise Himself?
Some say that God was only promising to give the land to the Jewish people " Abraham"s offspring. But if you look at the verses above from Genesis 13, You will notice that God specifically adds, "to thee will I give it. ""The promise was made to Abraham, As well as to his seed.
Genesis 13:14 Lord said to Abram after Lot had parted from him, "Look around from where you are, To the north and south, To the east and west. 15"All the land that you see I will give to you and your offspring[a] forever. 16"I will make your offspring like the dust of the earth, So that if anyone could count the dust, Then your offspring could be counted. 17"Go, Walk through the length and breadth of the land, For I am giving it to you. "
18"So Abram went to live near the great trees of Mamre at Hebron, Where he pitched his tents. There he built an altar to the Lord.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.