Jump to topic:

If you believe in God...

Kelisitaan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 2:49:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Are you ever willing to change your belief?

- If not, then you are too stupid to be in this thread, please leave.

- If so, what evidence would be required for you to do so?
I am a prophet who can predict the future using the ancient scriptures. I predict there will be war in the future. I predict there will be death. I predict there will be famine, hunger, and starvation. I predict there will be sadness and misery. I also predict that the sun revolves around the earth.

Ecclesiastes 1:5: "The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises."
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 3:22:32 AM
At 12/24/2016 2:49:02 AM, Kelisitaan wrote:

If you are an atheist are you willing to change your beliefs? If not then you are stupid and closed minded with out the ability to comprehend something to connect to and is greater than yourself. This is a religion forum and because you might be a troll like some of the other atheists and only want to ridicule people of faith, you should leave this forum. What evidence of God would be enough for you to change your mind ? Don't confuse this with me giving a damn what you believe, because I don't.
Kelisitaan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 3:24:50 AM
"If you are an atheist are you willing to change your beliefs?"

Obviously.

"What evidence of God would be enough for you to change your mind ? Don't confuse this with me giving a damn what you believe, because I don't."

Credible evidence pointing towards the existence of God, obviously.
I am a prophet who can predict the future using the ancient scriptures. I predict there will be war in the future. I predict there will be death. I predict there will be famine, hunger, and starvation. I predict there will be sadness and misery. I also predict that the sun revolves around the earth.

Ecclesiastes 1:5: "The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises."
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 3:31:05 AM
At 12/24/2016 3:24:50 AM, Kelisitaan wrote:

Obviously.

"What evidence of God would be enough for you to change your mind ? Don't confuse this with me giving a damn what you believe, because I don't."

Of course you know that evidence of God to an atheist is completely different from evidence of a God to a spiritual person. Do you believe that in order to believe in a greater power you don't have to be religious at all?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 3:34:53 AM
At 12/24/2016 3:31:05 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Obviously.

Of course you know that evidence of God to an atheist is completely different from evidence of a God to a spiritual person. Do you believe that in order to believe in a greater power you don't have to be religious at all?
You still need to be fearful and gullible.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 3:36:40 AM
At 12/24/2016 3:34:53 AM, bulproof wrote:

Obviously.

Question wasn't for you.
Kelisitaan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 3:40:47 AM
"Of course you know that evidence of God to an atheist is completely different from evidence of a God to a spiritual person. Do you believe that in order to believe in a greater power you don't have to be religious at all?"

Actually, no. The evidence is the same more or less. What evidence is different?

And no, of course you.

And, why are you avoiding the question I asked in my OP, yet going off on tangents asking me questions, all of which I've answered?

lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 3:48:29 AM
At 12/24/2016 3:40:47 AM, Kelisitaan wrote:
"Of course you know that evidence of God to an atheist is completely different from evidence of a God to a spiritual person. Do you believe that in order to believe in a greater power you don't have to be religious at all?"

Actually, no. The evidence is the same more or less. What evidence is different?

This comes down to a matter of consciousness. All humans have different levels, which grow or stay the same. A 2 year old is not conscious of the same world that a 4 year old or 16 year old or an adult. When people become adults, some grow in a spiritual sense while others stagnate. Many religious people hit a wall and stagnate. Atheists certainly do. So if you are looking for physical evidence, your barking up the wrong tree and this conversation is over.

And no, of course you.

And, why are you avoiding the question I asked in my OP, yet going off on tangents asking me questions, all of which I've answered?

I'm just turning it around on you. OK, you are the only atheist on this forum to actually try to prove there is no God. Go ahead, convince me. Don't forget to make an attempt to define what is God, first.
Kelisitaan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 3:49:56 AM
" I'm just turning it around on you. OK, you are the only atheist on this forum to actually try to prove there is no God. Go ahead, convince me. Don't forget to make an attempt to define what is God, first."

You haven't answered the question. What evidence would be required for you to change your belief?

What do you define God as? What is your belief? Tell me briefly, and then tell me what evidence you would require to change it.

lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 3:57:46 AM
At 12/24/2016 3:49:56 AM, Kelisitaan wrote:
" I'm just turning it around on you. OK, you are the only atheist on this forum to actually try to prove there is no God. Go ahead, convince me. Don't forget to make an attempt to define what is God, first."

You haven't answered the question. What evidence would be required for you to change your belief?

Offer up what you consider to be evidence of the non existence of God.

What do you define God as? What is your belief? Tell me briefly, and then tell me what evidence you would require to change it.

My belief is that God is consciousness and that we are all parts of that consciousness. In essence, as the Buddhists say. Look at God as a stream. Dip a glass into it. What is in the glass is essentially what is in the stream. In other words, we are All aspects of God. Now, prove there is no God.
Kelisitaan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 3:59:00 AM
"My belief is that God is consciousness and that we are all parts of that consciousness. In essence, as the Buddhists say. Look at God as a stream. Dip a glass into it. What is in the glass is essentially what is in the stream. In other words, we are All aspects of God. Now, prove there is no God."

Again, you failed to answer the question completely. It clearly states: WHAT EVIDENCE WOULD YOU REQUIRE TO CHANGE YOUR BELIEF?

lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 4:02:39 AM
At 12/24/2016 3:59:00 AM, Kelisitaan wrote:
"My belief is that God is consciousness and that we are all parts of that consciousness. In essence, as the Buddhists say. Look at God as a stream. Dip a glass into it. What is in the glass is essentially what is in the stream. In other words, we are All aspects of God. Now, prove there is no God."

Again, you failed to answer the question completely. It clearly states: WHAT EVIDENCE WOULD YOU REQUIRE TO CHANGE YOUR BELIEF?

Do you have evidence?
Kelisitaan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 4:03:51 AM
"Do you have evidence?"

You have avoided the question at least 4 times now. If it is going to take this many posts for you to answer basic questions, then this conversation is not worth my time.

PS: What you call God has another name for it. It's called "the universe." Just so you know.

lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 4:10:45 AM
At 12/24/2016 4:03:51 AM, Kelisitaan wrote:
"Do you have evidence?"

You have avoided the question at least 4 times now. If it is going to take this many posts for you to answer basic questions, then this conversation is not worth my time.

Here's you answer. There is nothing you can say that will change my mind. Does that make me stupid?

PS: What you call God has another name for it. It's called "the universe." Just so you know.

Wow, did you ever teach me a lesson. Please, be my spiritual teacher. Your wisdom is great. " God is the universe" Why didn't I think of that? Now prove there is no God or chicken out like all the atheist cowards on this forum.
Kelisitaan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 4:13:36 AM
"Here's you answer. There is nothing you can say that will change my mind. Does that make me stupid?"

Yes, it does. But don't worry, 90% of people are stupid just like you. That's one main thing which separates smart people from dumb people; smart people change their opinions when they receive new credible evidence.

"Wow, did you ever teach me a lesson. Please, be my spiritual teacher. Your wisdom is great. " God is the universe" Why didn't I think of that? Now prove there is no God or chicken out like all the atheist cowards on this forum."

I never claimed God was the universe; I claimed the definition you are using for God is the universe. As you know, not everyone uses the same definition of god.

Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 4:16:21 AM

So then, Being an atheist yourself, and totally ignorant to the scriptures that you blindly attack, do not want to talk to the true believers, but only to those who you, like all atheists who haunt these religious forums, believe that you can convert to your hopeless and godless way of life.

Well good luck son, because if you can convert anyone to your godless ways. they were not true believers in the first place. And I, a true believer bid you goodbye.
Kelisitaan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 4:17:43 AM
"So then, Being an atheist yourself, and totally ignorant to the scriptures that you blindly attack, do not want to talk to the true believers, but only to those who you, like all atheists who haunt these religious forums, believe that you can convert to your hopeless and godless way of life."

Wrong, I am VERY EAGER to talk to true believers who answer my original question. I am MORE than happy to hear their beliefs and what evidence would be required to change their beliefs.

lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 4:24:13 AM
At 12/24/2016 4:13:36 AM, Kelisitaan wrote:
"Here's you answer. There is nothing you can say that will change my mind. Does that make me stupid?"

Yes, it does. But don't worry, 90% of people are stupid just like you. That's one main thing which separates smart people from dumb people; smart people change their opinions when they receive new credible evidence.

Ok self proclaimed genius. Give me he evidence so I can be smart. Step up and show your evidence.

"Wow, did you ever teach me a lesson. Please, be my spiritual teacher. Your wisdom is great. " God is the universe" Why didn't I think of that? Now prove there is no God or chicken out like all the atheist cowards on this forum."

I never claimed God was the universe; I claimed the definition you are using for God is the universe. As you know, not everyone uses the same definition of god.

Again, your wisdom is overwhelming. Of course,bGod s a personal belief. We all live in our personal worlds where perception belongs to ourselves. Some perceptions are common. You really do think you are brilliant and most others are stupid. Genius, be a man and prove t me there is no God. Of course, you have to prove that my version of God doesn't exist. Prove it.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 4:25:07 AM
At 12/24/2016 3:36:40 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Obviously.

Question wasn't for you.

It makes no difference, the troll can always be found gnawing at the posts of all believers. Just ignore it with the contempt that it deserves.

It will only keep baiting you in its hope that you will respond in anger.
Kelisitaan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 4:27:21 AM
"Ok self proclaimed genius. Give me he evidence so I can be smart. Step up and show your evidence."

Why would I waste my time giving you evidence and explaining things to you when you have said that you are unwilling to change your belief, REGARDLESS OF WHAT EVIDENCE I PRESENT?

"Again, your wisdom is overwhelming. Of course,bGod s a personal belief. We all live in our personal worlds where perception belongs to ourselves. Some perceptions are common. You really do think you are brilliant and most others are stupid. Genius, be a man and prove t me there is no God. Of course, you have to prove that my version of God doesn't exist. Prove it."

How can I prove god doesn't exist when you have said that no matter what I say you won't change your opinion? You already stated that there is no circumstance that would make you change your mind, therefore, how would I ever be able to prove it?

Kelisitaan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 4:28:43 AM
" It makes no difference, the troll can always be found gnawing at the posts of all believers. Just ignore it with the contempt that it deserves.

It will only keep baiting you in its hope that you will respond in anger."

You should look up the definition of troll because you are using it incorrectly. I'm merely looking to engage in a debate with someone who is willing to change his or her beliefs if given proof.

Your beliefs are based on evidence, correct?

lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 4:29:42 AM
At 12/24/2016 4:25:07 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 12/24/2016 3:36:40 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Obviously.

Question wasn't for you.

It makes no difference, the troll can always be found gnawing at the posts of all believers. Just ignore it with the contempt that it deserves.

It will only keep baiting you in its hope that you will respond in anger.

You are right about him and a few others are like that. They're quite pathetic. I don't care what they do or don't believe. They just make fools of themselves.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 4:30:43 AM
At 12/24/2016 4:16:21 AM, Gentorev wrote:

So then, Being an atheist yourself, and totally ignorant to the scriptures that you blindly attack, do not want to talk to the true believers, but only to those who you, like all atheists who haunt these religious forums, believe that you can convert to your hopeless and godless way of life.

Well good luck son, because if you can convert anyone to your godless ways. they were not true believers in the first place. And I, a true believer bid you goodbye.
WOW you've been here two years and you still suffer under the erroneous belief that atheists are trying to convert godists.
Do you ever actually read posts?
Kelisitaan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 4:30:55 AM
Ch

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 4:34:12 AM

Of course you know that evidence of God to an atheist is completely different from evidence of a God to a spiritual person.

It is the high and mighty stance of theists who beat their chests and try to tell the world that they live under different rules than mere mortal heathens that makes anybody want to puke.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 4:36:50 AM
At 12/24/2016 4:27:21 AM, Kelisitaan wrote:
"Ok self proclaimed genius. Give me he evidence so I can be smart. Step up and show your evidence."

Why would I waste my time giving you evidence and explaining things to you when you have said that you are unwilling to change your belief, REGARDLESS OF WHAT EVIDENCE I PRESENT?

"Again, your wisdom is overwhelming. Of course,bGod s a personal belief. We all live in our personal worlds where perception belongs to ourselves. Some perceptions are common. You really do think you are brilliant and most others are stupid. Genius, be a man and prove t me there is no God. Of course, you have to prove that my version of God doesn't exist. Prove it."

How can I prove god doesn't exist when you have said that no matter what I say you won't change your opinion? You already stated that there is no circumstance that would make you change your mind, therefore, how would I ever be able to prove it?

My belief in a higher power is always open to change as to what is true or not. It is always a Lifetime process of discovering new truths. My belief that we are all part of that intelligence is not going to change. Now, you have stated that you have proof of no God. So in order to prove that you must have an opposite definition to your contention. What definition of God doesn't exist? The biblical God or any intelligence in the universe?
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 4:38:25 AM

I have always thought that nothing short of a full frontal lobotomy would ever change such an absurd belief.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 4:38:30 AM
At 12/24/2016 4:34:12 AM, Willows wrote:

Of course you know that evidence of God to an atheist is completely different from evidence of a God to a spiritual person.

It is the high and mighty stance of theists who beat their chests and try to tell the world that they live under different rules than mere mortal heathens that makes anybody want to puke.

Where do you get that nonsense? Seriously.
Kelisitaan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 4:42:00 AM
" My belief in a higher power is always open to change as to what is true or not. It is always a Lifetime process of discovering new truths. My belief that we are all part of that intelligence is not going to change. Now, you have stated that you have proof of no God. So in order to prove that you must have an opposite definition to your contention. What definition of God doesn't exist? The biblical God or any intelligence in the universe?"

In post #14, you clearly state that you are unwilling to change your view. Now, suddenly your view is willing to change because you want me to explain my argument to you. However, like I said, I'm not willing to waste my time and energy explaining my argument to someone who is unable to be convinced.

Furthermore, as a "genius," it's also very easy for me to see that you are simply covering up your unwillingness to change your belief in order to hear my explanation/proof.

My advice to you: question EVERYTHING. Never be unwilling to change your beliefs about ANYTHING. In order to be 100% sure about ANYTHING, you'd need to know EVERYTHING about the universe, which you clearly don't.

To claim you are unwilling to change your belief about anything, ESPECIALLY something with virtually no proof such as the existence of god, indicates a HIGH level of stupidity.

Instead of worrying about proof of god, I HIGHLY suggest you read what I just wrote and really think about it and digest it. Once you have done so, let me know.

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2016 4:44:23 AM
At 12/24/2016 4:38:30 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 12/24/2016 4:34:12 AM, Willows wrote:

Where do you get that nonsense? Seriously.

Unlike most theists who are told what and how to think I composed such so-called "nonsense" from my own free mind.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.