Jump to topic:

Hinduism is the only true religion

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2017 8:46:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I can with the highest degree of confidence say Hinduism is the only true religion which satisfies both the intellectual and spiritual needs of human societies. It has withstood the test of time and taught us passive resistance and dialogue can change the course of history without resorting to violence or reaching out for the sword. It has given us leaders like Mahatma Ghandi who liberated a nation without firing a single shot and Martin Luther King who took a shot but won the civil rights for African Americans. Both pursued passive and peaceful resistance, an approach that is the hallmark of Hinduism.

Christianity is a stolen religion from the Jews and remains fractured at the core with over 30,000 different denomintions of Christians. Was Jesus God or a deluded Jewish carpenter's son, was he an incarnate of arch angel Michael or simply an unemployed homeless wino who made wine from water to feed his addiction and convinced others to drink it too? Jesus proved that being filled with the spirited beverage can sometimes reveal what is often hidden in the subconscious. It brought out the liar in Peter and something more sinister in Judas who betrayed the wine maker by drawing attention to his messianic aspirations. The spirit that filled Jesus affected him differently. It turned into a death wish.

Islam is another world religion. It started with an illiterate Arab who claimed God singled him out to reveal his vision of the world. Unable to write the illiterate Arab recited to scribes what he heard which he had committed to memory. This formed the basis of the oral tradition followed by Muslims. It inspired generations of illiterates to follow the prophets example and listen to his revelations. There are 800 million illiterate Muslims out of 1.4 billion whose convictions are stronger than their understanding of their scriptures that they cannot and have not read. But that is equally matched by Christians whose faith substitute their own ignorance of their scriptures.

Hinduism is a religion that focuses on spirituality and personal development and is not dependent on a benevolent creator. The checks and balances are built into ones Karma (self accountability) and not dictated by some external force or being. The goal is enlightenment and the highest achievement is spiritual bliss which is the transcendental conquering of physical and material desires that are only distraction or insatiable illusions. One achieves Nirvana if successful and breaks away from the cycle of rebirths (Samsara). Or the process known as reincarnations is repeated according to ones Karma at each cycle

There is anecdotal evidence for this process of reincarnations from recollections of past lives experienced by many people. The scientific evidence is found in prodigies. People exhibiting incredible talents and abilities at very young ages that is only possible if they accumulated their skills in past lives and their current genius was the cumulative result.

Other scientific studies have measured the effects of spiritual activity in controlled groups such as Buddhist monks and Nuns and found not only how spirituality affects their brain activity with predictable patterns, but also how it affects the objects such as cancer patients. When these spiritualists concentrate on the wellbeing of the patients, studies have found a dramatic improvement in a high percentage of the controlled group.

I am a Vedantist and therefore a spiritualist. I have participated in scientific studies and have demonstrated many of the states such an unusual brain activity, control heartbeat and a enhanced sense of empathy. I can from a group of pictures empathize with the ones I identified as physically sick from some ailment, disturbed, low energy, poor aura, depressed, maleficent or mentally ill.

The only reason these studied cannot be applied in practice is because of the draconian malpractice laws that are instituted by very powerful groups who have a vested interest in keeping research from interfering with their bottom line.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2017 8:56:05 PM
At 1/7/2017 8:46:34 PM, Harikrish wrote:
I can with the highest degree of confidence say Hinduism is the only true religion which satisfies both the intellectual and spiritual needs of human societies. It has withstood the test of time and taught us passive resistance and dialogue can change the course of history without resorting to violence or reaching out for the sword. It has given us leaders like Mahatma Ghandi who liberated a nation without firing a single shot and Martin Luther King who took a shot but won the civil rights for African Americans. Both pursued passive and peaceful resistance, an approach that is the hallmark of Hinduism.

Christianity is a stolen religion from the Jews and remains fractured at the core with over 30,000 different denomintions of Christians. Was Jesus God or a deluded Jewish carpenter's son, was he an incarnate of arch angel Michael or simply an unemployed homeless wino who made wine from water to feed his addiction and convinced others to drink it too? Jesus proved that being filled with the spirited beverage can sometimes reveal what is often hidden in the subconscious. It brought out the liar in Peter and something more sinister in Judas who betrayed the wine maker by drawing attention to his messianic aspirations. The spirit that filled Jesus affected him differently. It turned into a death wish.

Islam is another world religion. It started with an illiterate Arab who claimed God singled him out to reveal his vision of the world. Unable to write the illiterate Arab recited to scribes what he heard which he had committed to memory. This formed the basis of the oral tradition followed by Muslims. It inspired generations of illiterates to follow the prophets example and listen to his revelations. There are 800 million illiterate Muslims out of 1.4 billion whose convictions are stronger than their understanding of their scriptures that they cannot and have not read. But that is equally matched by Christians whose faith substitute their own ignorance of their scriptures.

Hinduism is a religion that focuses on spirituality and personal development and is not dependent on a benevolent creator. The checks and balances are built into ones Karma (self accountability) and not dictated by some external force or being. The goal is enlightenment and the highest achievement is spiritual bliss which is the transcendental conquering of physical and material desires that are only distraction or insatiable illusions. One achieves Nirvana if successful and breaks away from the cycle of rebirths (Samsara). Or the process known as reincarnations is repeated according to ones Karma at each cycle

There is anecdotal evidence for this process of reincarnations from recollections of past lives experienced by many people. The scientific evidence is found in prodigies. People exhibiting incredible talents and abilities at very young ages that is only possible if they accumulated their skills in past lives and their current genius was the cumulative result.

Other scientific studies have measured the effects of spiritual activity in controlled groups such as Buddhist monks and Nuns and found not only how spirituality affects their brain activity with predictable patterns, but also how it affects the objects such as cancer patients. When these spiritualists concentrate on the wellbeing of the patients, studies have found a dramatic improvement in a high percentage of the controlled group.

I am a Vedantist and therefore a spiritualist. I have participated in scientific studies and have demonstrated many of the states such an unusual brain activity, control heartbeat and a enhanced sense of empathy. I can from a group of pictures empathize with the ones I identified as physically sick from some ailment, disturbed, low energy, poor aura, depressed, maleficent or mentally ill.

The only reason these studied cannot be applied in practice is because of the draconian malpractice laws that are instituted by very powerful groups who have a vested interest in keeping research from interfering with their bottom line.

Is there an ultimate creator God in Hinduism? Are all of the other gods a manifestation of this god, or do they have seperate identities. Or are the other gods created entities?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2017 9:23:35 PM
At 1/7/2017 8:56:05 PM, janesix wrote:

Is there an ultimate creator God in Hinduism? Are all of the other gods a manifestation of this god, or do they have seperate identities. Or are the other gods created entities?

As a Vedantist I go with Brahman as the ultimate creator God and the Godhead. Followed by Vishnu and Shiva.

In the Hindu faith, the concept of Trinity originated which appears to have been adopted in the Christian faith, where God is in three persons:
Brahma: is the creator of all reality,
Vishnu or Krishna is the preserver of all of the creations,
and Shiva is the destroyer.
There are also many manifestation of these deities, avatars and Divas. They all fit into the order of things.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2017 9:31:33 PM
At 1/7/2017 9:23:35 PM, Harikrish wrote:

As a Vedantist I go with Brahman as the ultimate creator God and the Godhead. Followed by Vishnu and Shiva.

In the Hindu faith, the concept of Trinity originated which appears to have been adopted in the Christian faith, where God is in three persons:
There are also many manifestation of these deities, avatars and Divas. They all fit into the order of things.
Can you explai shakti to me? In my understanding, shakti is the living intelligent life force in every living thing.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2017 10:11:20 PM
Question... In your house does anything move on it's own!!
Have you seen or experienced strange things around you??!
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2017 11:59:57 PM

What evidence can you present for the existence of those deities?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2017 2:24:44 PM
At 1/7/2017 10:11:20 PM, Dogknox wrote:

I live in a solid brick house so I don't think there is any chance of movement. But there is a little stream next to my house where you can hear the sound of water movement. The water moves on its own.
You must be meaning my neighbours. They are strangely curious. But not in any intrusive way.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2017 2:44:26 PM
At 1/7/2017 11:59:57 PM, matt8800 wrote:

What evidence can you present for the existence of those deities?

Hindus don't have a problem with the metaphysical existence of God. Hinduism is a religion based on the metaphysical aspects of life with the awareness that our consciousness creates reality.

But there is evidence for this metaphysical presence. It is everywhere.

Brahman " residing everywhere
Antaryami " residing within
Bhagavan " residing outside, beyond

Brahman refers to the all-pervading aspect of God, often called "the all-pervading world-soul." Since everything comes from God, it is non-different from Him. Scripture states "everything is Brahman." This sat (eternal) aspect of God is realised by understanding one's own eternal nature as atman.

Antaryami means "the controller within" and refers to God residing within the hearts of all beings. He is sometimes called the Supersoul, Paramatman. The Katha Upanishad likens the soul and the Supersoul to two birds sitting within the same tree (i.e. the heart). The Supersoul is initially perceived in various ways, through memory, instinct, intelligence, inspiration, and exceptional ability. He is the object of meditation for many mystic yogis. This feature of God represents his cit (knowledge) aspect.

Bhagavan means "one endowed with unlimited opulence" and refers to God who lives beyond this material world. Bhagavan is personal and the individual soul can enter into a direct relationship with him, thus experiencing ananda (spiritual pleasure).
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2017 3:10:56 PM
At 1/7/2017 9:31:33 PM, janesix wrote:

Can you explai shakti to me? In my understanding, shakti is the living intelligent life force in every living thing.

Yes it is the equivalent of Mother Nature a creative force that is behind the splendour of all existence but manifests itself sometimes as women power. You are searching for answers that affect the world (external). You should search for answers that affect you by looking inside for the Brahma within. Only then can you begin to unravel the world that exists outside.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2017 6:20:51 PM
At 1/8/2017 2:24:44 PM, Harikrish wrote:

I live in a solid brick house so I don't think there is any chance of movement. But there is a little stream next to my house where you can hear the sound of water movement. The water moves on its own.
You must be meaning my neighbours. They are strangely curious. But not in any intrusive way.

Harikrish I was thinking more along the lines of "Demonic" activity around you!! I read about other Hindu worshiping their deities...Things moved of their own in houses! They mentioned a presents of demons!
I would think.... (As a Christian) there is only one God.. these manifestations of spirits can only be from Satan and his minions!
Satan wants to be worshiped... Hindu are clearly NOT worshiping God!
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2017 6:28:02 PM
At 1/8/2017 6:20:51 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Satan wants to be worshiped...

It is funny that you would say that. It is my understanding that the God of the Bible DEMANDS worship and that he has absolutely no problem to codemn anyone to an eternity in hell now matter how rightous that person may have lived simply because he has lacked in the groveling department. God and Satan seem to be very much alike.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2017 6:33:15 PM

Harikrish I was thinking more along the lines of "Demonic" activity around you!! I read about other Hindu worshiping their deities...Things moved of their own in houses! They mentioned a presents of demons!
I would think.... (As a Christian) there is only one God.. these manifestations of spirits can only be from Satan and his minions!

You cannot make assumptions about other peoples beliefs, which means you cannot say that they don't worship the Creator, you don't know that. Unlike Hari though, there are some incredible Hindu teachers that exemplify the spirit and the honor of God in their lives. Some aspects of Hinduism are beautiful, articulate, insightful and thoughtful.
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2017 7:22:21 PM

Christianity is a stolen religion from the Jews

It was never "stolen" it came from Jews (Jesus and the apostles) and they of their own accord decided to embrace non-Jews - describing it as stolen indicates huge ignorance on your part.

and remains fractured at the core with over 30,000 different denomintions of Christians. Was Jesus God or a deluded Jewish carpenter's son, was he an incarnate of arch angel Michael or simply an unemployed homeless wino who made wine from water to feed his addiction and convinced others to drink it too? Jesus proved that being filled with the spirited beverage can sometimes reveal what is often hidden in the subconscious. It brought out the liar in Peter and something more sinister in Judas who betrayed the wine maker by drawing attention to his messianic aspirations. The spirit that filled Jesus affected him differently. It turned into a death wish.

Good for you.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2017 7:33:02 PM
At 1/8/2017 6:28:02 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:

It is funny that you would say that. It is my understanding that the God of the Bible DEMANDS worship and that he has absolutely no problem to codemn anyone to an eternity in hell now matter how rightous that person may have lived simply because he has lacked in the groveling department. God and Satan seem to be very much alike.

Silly_Billy Think about this.... God is love, only those people who "Love" can enter heaven! Love is a free will choice... You MUST choose to love! These peoples that CHOOSE not to love cannot enter heaven!! It is just this simple!
Silly_Billy God condemns no one, if you "LOVE" then you have God in your heart.. God would not go to the lake of Fire.. Love enters heaven!

All those in the Lake of fire.. Condemn themselves.. Their Free Will choice to NOT love keeps them out of heaven!
14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this,
"Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;

Silly_Billy the Offspring of Satan go to live with their father!!

Free Will of all men!! Only men are made in the image of God.. "God is LOVE"! Dog, cat, cow pigeon, turtle etc cannot love BUT..

Silly_Billy but animals also cannot hate! God must allow "Free Will" not even God can FORCE anyone to love.. THINK..

Silly_Billy think about this... "Okay Silly_Billy if you will love me I will pay you eighteen dollars"!! Would your love be real love?? OR.. The reverse..
Silly_Billy "If you refuse to love me.. I will punch you square in the nose"!!! Would your love be real love??

If God gave a magic pill.. Making people love.. would their love be real love??? !!

Free will is a CHOICE; To love... Choice to hate!
It is the CHOICE of each individual that condemns .. It is NOT God!
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2017 8:24:41 PM
At 1/8/2017 6:33:15 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

You cannot make assumptions about other peoples beliefs, which means you cannot say that they don't worship the Creator, you don't know that. Unlike Hari though, there are some incredible Hindu teachers that exemplify the spirit and the honor of God in their lives. Some aspects of Hinduism are beautiful, articulate, insightful and thoughtful.

EtrnlVw right you are.. No argument from me!!
This Hindu I address with my post "Hates Jesus"! He claims ONLY the Hindu is the correct and perfect religion all others are a lie!
He makes up story's against Christians and Jesus!! Thus my question to him I know.. Demons also hate Jesus!
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2017 10:06:09 PM

Jesus believed demons were the cause of all human ailments. Hindus don't suffer from such ignorance or delusions that beset Jesus. Jesus even called Peter Satan after calling him a dumb ROCK. Jesus made a covenant with a cup,that was filled with alcohol and promised those that drank from his covenant of the cup would be filled with the spirit.

First Jesus's new covenant of the cup with alcohol in it. We are told by scriptures Jesus substituted wine for his blood.

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Then Paul wrote in Corinthians every time you drink alcohol think of Jesus and his new covenant of the cup.

1 Corinthians 11:25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."

Hindus certainly don't worship Jesus. Hindus are vegetarians. Jesus wants everyone to eat his flesh and drink his blood. That is cannibalism.
John 6:54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Hindus already have eternal live through their reincarnations. They just have to get their Karma fixed.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2017 10:13:36 PM
At 1/8/2017 7:22:21 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

It was never "stolen" it came from Jews (Jesus and the apostles) and they of their own accord decided to embrace non-Jews - describing it as stolen indicates huge ignorance on your part.

Only the New Testament came from Jesus and the apostles. But when you purchase a bible. It includes the Hebrew bible (Old Testament) as well. You are the ignorant and dishonest fool.

and remains fractured at the core with over 30,000 different denomintions of Christians. Was Jesus God or a deluded Jewish carpenter's son, was he an incarnate of arch angel Michael or simply an unemployed homeless wino who made wine from water to feed his addiction and convinced others to drink it too? Jesus proved that being filled with the spirited beverage can sometimes reveal what is often hidden in the subconscious. It brought out the liar in Peter and something more sinister in Judas who betrayed the wine maker by drawing attention to his messianic aspirations. The spirit that filled Jesus affected him differently. It turned into a death wish.

Good for you.
Now you know why people kiss the enlightened feet of Brahmins. Jesus was obviously kissing the wrong feet when he kissed the feet of his disciples. Someone should have told the deluded man they were not Brahmins but Jews like himself.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2017 10:17:22 PM
At 1/8/2017 3:10:56 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Yes it is the equivalent of Mother Nature a creative force that is behind the splendour of all existence but manifests itself sometimes as women power. You are searching for answers that affect the world (external). You should search for answers that affect you by looking inside for the Brahma within. Only then can you begin to unravel the world that exists outside.
And how do you do that? Through meditation?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2017 10:21:26 PM
At 1/8/2017 10:17:22 PM, janesix wrote:

You got it!!!
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2017 10:34:27 PM
At 1/8/2017 10:21:26 PM, Harikrish wrote:

You got it!!!

Sometimes in deep meditation my breathing takes on a specific rhythm and I go into a trance state. Is this normal? How do you know if you are meditating the right way? Everything gets calm and serene, and I feel like I am in an altered state of consciousness. A few times I have felt a divine presence while in this state. Once this presence opened my chakras. I saw the colors of each chakra as they were opened. I also felt an enormous power which I could only attribute to god.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2017 10:41:45 PM
At 1/8/2017 8:24:41 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/8/2017 6:33:15 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

EtrnlVw right you are.. No argument from me!!
This Hindu I address with my post "Hates Jesus"! He claims ONLY the Hindu is the correct and perfect religion all others are a lie!
He makes up story's against Christians and Jesus!! Thus my question to him I know.. Demons also hate Jesus!

Actually you have a point for a change :), I would agree with that.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2017 10:56:43 PM
At 1/8/2017 10:06:09 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Jesus believed demons were the cause of all human ailments. Hindus don't suffer from such ignorance or delusions that beset Jesus. Jesus even called Peter Satan after calling him a dumb ROCK. Jesus made a covenant with a cup,that was filled with alcohol and promised those that drank from his covenant of the cup would be filled with the spirit.

Read the Bible Hari, that's a false claim. The only demons that were cast out were the only cases of demons possessing. The others were sicknesses and diseases. Way to distort the scriptures once again.

First Jesus's new covenant of the cup with alcohol in it. We are told by scriptures Jesus substituted wine for his blood.

That was the tradition, no one said Jesus got drunk or was an alcoholic, those are the assertions of a liar which you claim.

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

So you don't comprehend figurative language? as a Hindu you are out of your mind.

Then Paul wrote in Corinthians every time you drink alcohol think of Jesus and his new covenant of the cup.

No one buys into your crap Hari, get a life.

1 Corinthians 11:25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."

"Remembrance of me" by partaking in communion, what is it you fail to comprehend here?

Hindus certainly don't worship Jesus. Hindus are vegetarians. Jesus wants everyone to eat his flesh and drink his blood. That is cannibalism.
John 6:54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

No one with any brains will accept your translation.

Hindus already have eternal live through their reincarnations. They just have to get their Karma fixed.

You're gonna be stuck on this rock for a long time son, especially with all the bull crap you project, I feel sorry for you.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2017 11:08:29 PM
At 1/8/2017 10:13:36 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Only the New Testament came from Jesus and the apostles. But when you purchase a bible. It includes the Hebrew bible (Old Testament) as well. You are the ignorant and dishonest fool.

You don't know how to address issues that discredit your baloney, you need to work on that.

Good for you.
Now you know why people kiss the enlightened feet of Brahmins. Jesus was obviously kissing the wrong feet when he kissed the feet of his disciples. Someone should have told the deluded man they were not Brahmins but Jews like himself.

How could Jesus kiss any feet accept that which was below Him since He was above everyone else? You could learn from this principle. But you won't, you are an arrogant misfit, you wouldn't understand about spiritual elevation and the uplifting of other people above yourself. Which is why you will be stuck on this rock, unless you begin to kiss feet.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2017 11:13:41 PM
At 1/8/2017 10:34:27 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/8/2017 10:21:26 PM, Harikrish wrote:

You got it!!!

Sometimes in deep meditation my breathing takes on a specific rhythm and I go into a trance state. Is this normal? How do you know if you are meditating the right way? Everything gets calm and serene, and I feel like I am in an altered state of consciousness. A few times I have felt a divine presence while in this state. Once this presence opened my chakras. I saw the colors of each chakra as they were opened. I also felt an enormous power which I could only attribute to god.

Now that you have seen both you have to accept both realities but choose the one that you want to prevail in your consciousness. When Buddha achieved enlightenment the sufferings of the world didn't disappear. But he found the causes for it and that set him free.
Well done!!!
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2017 12:08:05 AM
At 1/8/2017 10:56:43 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/8/2017 10:06:09 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Read the Bible Hari, that's a false claim. The only demons that were cast out were the only cases of demons possessing. The others were sicknesses and diseases. Way to distort the scriptures once again.

You are scripturally ignorant.

Now let us turn to God"s Scriptures to discover the causes of our sicknesses: the devil himself.

* Job 2:4-7 "Skin for skin!" Satan replied. "A man will give all he has for his own life. But stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face." The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, he is in your hands; but you must spare his life." So Satan went out from the presence of the LORD and afflicted Job with painful sores from the soles of his feet to the top of his head." NIV

Job is a book in the Old Testament, which deals about afflictions and sicknesses. It is clear in this book that the devil is the cause of all of Job"s afflictions and diseases. Satan is an accuser, and loves to afflict us with misery and diseases.

* Matt 12:22-28 "Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. All the people were astonished and said, "Could this be the Son of David?" But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "It is only by Beelzebub, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons." Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? And if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you." NIV

Jesus makes it clear that a kingdom divided against itself will be ruined. The devil is not in the healing business. He is in the accusing business, like here accusing Jesus to heal for the wrong reasons. He is in the sickness business, as anything that hurts God is a delight to him. Jesus is making it clear here that healing can only be performed through the power of God"s Spirit, not through the devil himself who causes sickness.

* Luke 8:2 "And also some women who had been cured of evil spirits and diseases: Mary (called Magdalene) from whom seven demons had come out"" NIV

Evil spirits seems to be associated with diseases. Healing happens when these evil spirits are driven out by the power of God"s Spirit!

* Luke 13:11 "and a woman was there who had been crippled by a spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not straighten up at all." NIV

It is confirmed here that evil spirits causes sickness. This poor woman was crippled for 18 years, due to an evil spirit!

* Luke 13:16 "Then should not this woman, a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has kept bound for eighteen long years, be set free on the Sabbath day from what bound her?" NIV

Luke 11:14 And He was casting out a demon, and it was mute; when the demon had gone out, the mute man spoke; and the crowds were amazed.

Matthew 8:16 When evening came, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed; and He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were ill.

That was the tradition, no one said Jesus got drunk or was an alcoholic, those are the assertions of a liar which you claim.

The scriptures tell us Jesus was drunk and fell on his face and cried out to God to take the cup of wine away from him so he would stop drinking. He was going to be put to death the next day and was struggling to remain sober. That was the cry of an alcoholic for help.

Matthew 26:39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

So you don't comprehend figurative language? as a Hindu you are out of your mind.

We know that was wine that Jesus was pouring in the cup with which he made a new covenant and called it the new covenant of the cup. The wine is not a figure of speech.

No one buys into your crap Hari, get a life.

"Remembrance of me" by partaking in communion, what is it you fail to comprehend here?

Yes drinking was partaking in the new covenant of the cup. Pubs are the new covenant that Jesus spoke of.

No one with any brains will accept your translation.

It is straight from scriptures and not my translation. Read your bible.

You're gonna be stuck on this rock for a long time son, especially with all the bull crap you project, I feel sorry for you.

Jesus called Peter dump as a ROCK. Do you feel sorry for Peter?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2017 12:18:40 AM
At 1/8/2017 11:08:29 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

You don't know how to address issues that discredit your baloney, you need to work on that.

Are you saying Jesus and his apostles wrote the Hebrew Bible also called the Old Testament? You are a liar if you are claiming he and his apostles did. Only the New Testament was written by his apostles. Even there biblical scholars doubt the Gospels were written by Mark, Matthew, Luke or John. Why don't you get an education? You are an embarrassment to Christians for being such an incompetent defender of your faith.

The only reason these studies cannot be applied in practice is because of the draconian malpractice laws that are instituted by very powerful groups who have a vested interest in keeping research from interfering with their bottom line.

Good for you.

How could Jesus kiss any feet accept that which was below Him since He was above everyone else? You could learn from this principle. But you won't, you are an arrogant misfit, you wouldn't understand about spiritual elevation and the uplifting of other people above yourself. Which is why you will be stuck on this rock, unless you begin to kiss feet.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2017 12:30:15 AM
At 1/8/2017 11:08:29 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Are you saying Jesus and his apostles wrote the Hebrew Bible also called the Old Testament? You are a liar if you are claiming he and his apostles did. Only the New Testament was written by his apostles. Even there biblical scholars doubt the Gospels were written by Mark, Matthew, Luke or John. Why don't you get an education? You are an embarrassment to Christians for being such an incompetent defender of your faith.

The only reason these studies cannot be applied in practice is because of the draconian malpractice laws that are instituted by very powerful groups who have a vested interest in keeping research from interfering with their bottom line.

Good for you.

You kneel to the God you worship. Bowing before your God is both an expression of humility and a sign of respect. Kissing a persons feet is also showing respect for the persons authority and demonstrating your humility. Jesus did that by washing and kissing the feet of his disciples not realizing they were not Priestly Brahmins but Jews like himself. That is why his Karma remained unchanged. He was crucified shortly after.
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2017 1:26:50 AM
At 1/8/2017 7:33:02 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 1/8/2017 6:28:02 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:

Silly_Billy Think about this.... God is love, only those people who "Love" can enter heaven! Love is a free will choice... You MUST choose to love! These peoples that CHOOSE not to love cannot enter heaven!! It is just this simple!
Silly_Billy God condemns no one, if you "LOVE" then you have God in your heart.. God would not go to the lake of Fire.. Love enters heaven!

All those in the Lake of fire.. Condemn themselves.. Their Free Will choice to NOT love keeps them out of heaven!
14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this,
"Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;

Silly_Billy the Offspring of Satan go to live with their father!!

Free Will of all men!! Only men are made in the image of God.. "God is LOVE"! Dog, cat, cow pigeon, turtle etc cannot love BUT..

Silly_Billy but animals also cannot hate! God must allow "Free Will" not even God can FORCE anyone to love.. THINK..

The point is that we have absolutely no evidence that he exists and the idea that he is love is very commendable, but it does not explain why he is failing to provide that evidence even though he has the power to do so. To provide that evidence would in no way take our way free to choose, ACTUALLY, to provide that evidence would allow to make an informed choice AND it would resolve the fracturing of religions that we currently have which has resulted in so many conflicts. If God exists, i am asking him to give us that choice. I am asking him to let us know that he exists and to do it in a way which will end the misery in the world simply because we would know.

Silly_Billy think about this... "Okay Silly_Billy if you will love me I will pay you eighteen dollars"!! Would your love be real love?? OR.. The reverse..
Silly_Billy "If you refuse to love me.. I will punch you square in the nose"!!! Would your love be real love??

Teh why does the Bible tell us that if we do not love God in the manner that the Bible describes, that we are send to hell. That's what i would call a punch square in the nose!

If God gave a magic pill.. Making people love.. would their love be real love??? !!

If God told people that he exists and stopped to be so bloody cryptic about everything and stopped planting a lot of evidence to suggest that he does not exist, then no magic pill would be needed. All he needs to do is simply proof that he exists and to do it in such a way that nobody could possible deny the reality of his existence or start arguing about the hell it is that he actually wants, and people would have that choice!

Free will is to have the information to make that choice. Without that information, there is no choice.

God condemns by failing to provide the information that is needed to make that choice!
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2017 2:59:40 AM
At 1/9/2017 1:26:50 AM, Silly_Billy wrote:
At 1/8/2017 7:33:02 PM, Dogknox wrote:

The point is that we have absolutely no evidence that he exists and the idea that he is love is very commendable, but it does not explain why he is failing to provide that evidence even though he has the power to do so. To provide that evidence would in no way take our way free to choose, ACTUALLY, to provide that evidence would allow to make an informed choice AND it would resolve the fracturing of religions that we currently have which has resulted in so many conflicts. If God exists, i am asking him to give us that choice. I am asking him to let us know that he exists and to do it in a way which will end the misery in the world simply because we would know.

Teh why does the Bible tell us that if we do not love God in the manner that the Bible describes, that we are send to hell. That's what i would call a punch square in the nose!

If God told people that he exists and stopped to be so bloody cryptic about everything and stopped planting a lot of evidence to suggest that he does not exist, then no magic pill would be needed. All he needs to do is simply proof that he exists and to do it in such a way that nobody could possible deny the reality of his existence or start arguing about the hell it is that he actually wants, and people would have that choice!

Free will is to have the information to make that choice. Without that information, there is no choice.

God condemns by failing to provide the information that is needed to make that choice!

Silly_Billy Scriptures... God is love!!!
1 John 4:8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

1 John 4:16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

THINK.. You want evidence!!!
How about God becoming man.... So a perfect Man could die! Adam was perfect!!

Silly_Billy God does all things PERFECTLY!!! If he did not he would not be God!!!

God made the first man PERFECT.. Adam!! God made all of creation PERFECTLY!! NOW...
Silly_Billy now what happened was this... The first PERFECT.. Sinless man made a CHOICE he chose NOT to love!! He was removed from heaven.. Because only LOVE is found in heaven! All of us.. "You and Me" all men were closed off from heaven because no man can be born perfectly un-corrupted sinless! Man was STUCK.. stuck between a rock and a hard spot!! What we needed was another PERFECT Man to enter heaven.. No perfect man can be born perfectly without God doing the work!! ONLY GOD IS PERFECT!! SO...

Silly_Billy so Jesus came to be with us.. A perfect man born so he could die as a PERFECT Man!!
THINK.... No man can die if he is not born! Perfect God.. Perfect LOVE became part of his own creation!!! He died... Without sin.. Jesus sprang back to life.. DEATH is the wages of sin!!!

LOVE saved all men.. All we need to do is embrace LOVE to be saved! God is LOVE!

One more thing.... The Angels were created IN Heaven... Some 1/3 made a choice NOT TO LOVE so they were removed... They are Satan and his demons!! Today it is the reverse... Instead of God removing anyone from heaven.. NOW ONLY those who WANT to enter heaven will enter.. God will never have to remove another person!

Free Will is a CHOICE!! If God did all sorts of Godly things he might influence you, your choice will not be FREE!
LOOK>.
25 "But Abraham replied, "Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony.
26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us."

27 "He answered, "Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family,
28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment."

29 "Abraham replied, "They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them."

30 ""No, father Abraham," he said, "but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent."

31 "He said to him, "If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.""

Silly_Billy You have all you need already to make your choice!!

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.