Total Posts:55|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

God is awesome ?

illegalcombat
Posts: 1,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2017 10:19:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Do you believe God is awesome ? why exactly ? lets ponder the God concept as an all powerful, all knowing being.....

God is awesome cause he worked very hard too..............no wait, as the all powerful, what ever God does requires no effort on it's part. No points here awarded for effort.

God is awesome cause of all the ways he helps the kids.....................this is sarcasm.

God is awesome cause when some sh*t stain starts ranting on about how God hates gays and all the nasty things gays deserve up to and including death God appears and smacks the sh*T out of them, God makes sure to correct the record when people start with their own claims about what God said, did or didn't do...............nope.

God is awesome cause he study really really hard to become so smart.................ummm no, all knowing cause, like, he just knows, okey, just go with it.

God is awesome, cause he "saved' me, and by saved I he was going to send me to a place to be tortured but now won't........................seriously ? we are giving away points to Gods for NOT torturing people ? I think this calls for another thread on God and low standards.

God is awesome.....................cause he gives me warm and fuzzy feelings ? maybe.........then again so can a hooker.

God is awesome............cause I can present myself to other people as some how spiritual superior to them, threaten them with hell, make a ton of money off "God talk" and God won't do a f*cking thing about it...................okey I have to give you that one.

God is awesome cause God is the supreme being,.............just attaching the word supreme to something doesn't mean it is awesome, eg supreme pizza.

God is awesome, seriously why again ?
tarantula
Posts: 1,604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2017 11:13:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/9/2017 10:19:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
Do you believe God is awesome ? why exactly ? lets ponder the God concept as an all powerful, all knowing being.....

God is awesome cause he worked very hard too..............no wait, as the all powerful, what ever God does requires no effort on it's part. No points here awarded for effort.

God is awesome cause of all the ways he helps the kids.....................this is sarcasm.

God is awesome cause when some sh*t stain starts ranting on about how God hates gays and all the nasty things gays deserve up to and including death God appears and smacks the sh*T out of them, God makes sure to correct the record when people start with their own claims about what God said, did or didn't do...............nope.

God is awesome cause he study really really hard to become so smart.................ummm no, all knowing cause, like, he just knows, okey, just go with it.

God is awesome, cause he "saved' me, and by saved I he was going to send me to a place to be tortured but now won't........................seriously ? we are giving away points to Gods for NOT torturing people ? I think this calls for another thread on God and low standards.

God is awesome.....................cause he gives me warm and fuzzy feelings ? maybe.........then again so can a hooker.

God is awesome............cause I can present myself to other people as some how spiritual superior to them, threaten them with hell, make a ton of money off "God talk" and God won't do a f*cking thing about it...................okey I have to give you that one.

God is awesome cause God is the supreme being,.............just attaching the word supreme to something doesn't mean it is awesome, eg supreme pizza.

God is awesome, seriously why again ?

The Biblical god is awesomely BAD!
ethang5
Posts: 20,772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2017 11:44:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/9/2017 10:19:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
Do you believe God is awesome ? why exactly ? lets ponder the God concept as an all powerful, all knowing being.....

God is awesome cause he worked very hard too..............no wait, as the all powerful, what ever God does requires no effort on it's part.

How do you know this?

No points here awarded for effort.

God is awesome cause of all the ways he helps the kids.....................this is sarcasm.

Why is it sarcasm? I was a kid. He helped me. I now have kids. He helps them. What standard exactly are you using here?

God is awesome cause when some sh*t stain starts ranting on about how God hates gays and all the nasty things gays deserve up to and including death God appears and smacks the sh*T out of them, God makes sure to correct the record when people start with their own claims about what God said, did or didn't do...............nope.

Ah. You're using your personal standard and it's a leftist, liberal, PC standard. Ok, I get it now.

God is awesome cause he study really really hard to become so smart.................ummm no, all knowing cause, like, he just knows, okey, just go with it.

Apparently God is not the only one who didn't think he needed study.

God is awesome, cause he "saved' me, and by saved I he was going to send me to a place to be tortured but now won't........................seriously ?

I bet you also think it is the govt's fault that Jeffery Dahmer was in prison right? PC logic. The criminal is never to blame.

we are giving away points to Gods for NOT torturing people ? I think this calls for another thread on God and low standards.

Or on your spin. Either or.

God is awesome.....................cause he gives me warm and fuzzy feelings ? maybe.........then again so can a hooker.

Speaking from experience? You may be on to why you're so depressed. But your PC doctrine requires you to blame someone other than you.... ok, perhaps someday you will tire of a belief system that sucks.

God is awesome............cause I can present myself to other people as some how spiritual superior to them, threaten them with hell, make a ton of money off "God talk" and God won't do a f*cking thing about it...................okey I have to give you that one.

Thanks!

God is awesome cause God is the supreme being,.............just attaching the word supreme to something doesn't mean it is awesome, eg supreme pizza.

Wait. Is God the Supreme Being or is it only that the word is attached to Him? Your spin wasn't quite clear there.

God is awesome, seriously why again ?

You mean a reason based on your personal tastes right? No, we have none.

Is that bad?
illegalcombat
Posts: 1,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2017 12:21:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/9/2017 11:44:28 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 1/9/2017 10:19:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
Do you believe God is awesome ? why exactly ? lets ponder the God concept as an all powerful, all knowing being.....

God is awesome cause he worked very hard too..............no wait, as the all powerful, what ever God does requires no effort on it's part.

How do you know this?

No points here awarded for effort.

God is awesome cause of all the ways he helps the kids.....................this is sarcasm.

Why is it sarcasm? I was a kid. He helped me. I now have kids. He helps them. What standard exactly are you using here?

Mortality rates before modern medicine, child rape.

I seriously doubt the same God who sat back and watched that, never the less decided to help you and your kids.

Are you really going to tell yourself hey God didn't intervene for them, but did so for me ? really Ethan, you really want to go there ?


God is awesome cause when some sh*t stain starts ranting on about how God hates gays and all the nasty things gays deserve up to and including death God appears and smacks the sh*T out of them, God makes sure to correct the record when people start with their own claims about what God said, did or didn't do...............nope.

Ah. You're using your personal standard and it's a leftist, liberal, PC standard. Ok, I get it now.

I didn't realize correcting a false claim made about God was a PC standard, but okey, so says you.


God is awesome cause he study really really hard to become so smart.................ummm no, all knowing cause, like, he just knows, okey, just go with it.

Apparently God is not the only one who didn't think he needed study.

God is awesome, cause he "saved' me, and by saved I he was going to send me to a place to be tortured but now won't........................seriously ?

I bet you also think it is the govt's fault that Jeffery Dahmer was in prison right? PC logic. The criminal is never to blame.

As always, fascinating watching your mind at work.............


we are giving away points to Gods for NOT torturing people ? I think this calls for another thread on God and low standards.

Or on your spin. Either or.

God is awesome.....................cause he gives me warm and fuzzy feelings ? maybe.........then again so can a hooker.

Speaking from experience? You may be on to why you're so depressed. But your PC doctrine requires you to blame someone other than you.... ok, perhaps someday you will tire of a belief system that sucks.


God is awesome............cause I can present myself to other people as some how spiritual superior to them, threaten them with hell, make a ton of money off "God talk" and God won't do a f*cking thing about it...................okey I have to give you that one.

Thanks!

God is awesome cause God is the supreme being,.............just attaching the word supreme to something doesn't mean it is awesome, eg supreme pizza.

Wait. Is God the Supreme Being or is it only that the word is attached to Him? Your spin wasn't quite clear there.

God is awesome, seriously why again ?

You mean a reason based on your personal tastes right? No, we have none.

Is that bad?

Just remember this Ethan, when I bought up about how God doesn't do x,y,z for children to consider the proposition that maybe even granting all the other aspects, God could do better and ergo might not be perfect, the best you could do was lie and make claims about how this make me want God to be my personal servant or anyone else who looks at such evidence in light of the perfect God proposition.

I would be hard pressed to find some one who invokes such lies, deception and all manner of trickery to defend religious belief as you Ethan.

So keep it up Ethan, keep your responses as "PC doctrine" oh your just want God as your personal servant, or implications that cause we challenge what ever, it means some one shouldn't be punished or imply the person believes a total absence of personal responsibility and on and on it goes.

So yes mother f*Cker, we are going to question the perfect God claim, as claimed by our fellow humans.

Yes you lying b*tch, we are going to look at what exactly it means to say God is awesome in light of our fellow human beings about what exactly this God is and does or does not do.

Yes, we are going to point out how God isn't going out of it's way to correct the record when our fellow humans blah blah blah kill the gays, blah blah blah.

But but but, look I made nasty insults about your character so religious belief is saved..................NO Ethan you dumb f*ck, it isn't.
Harikrish
Posts: 34,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2017 1:36:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/9/2017 12:21:10 PM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 1/9/2017 11:44:28 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 1/9/2017 10:19:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
Do you believe God is awesome ? why exactly ? lets ponder the God concept as an all powerful, all knowing being.....

God is awesome cause he worked very hard too..............no wait, as the all powerful, what ever God does requires no effort on it's part.

How do you know this?

No points here awarded for effort.

God is awesome cause of all the ways he helps the kids.....................this is sarcasm.

Why is it sarcasm? I was a kid. He helped me. I now have kids. He helps them. What standard exactly are you using here?

Mortality rates before modern medicine, child rape.

I seriously doubt the same God who sat back and watched that, never the less decided to help you and your kids.

Are you really going to tell yourself hey God didn't intervene for them, but did so for me ? really Ethan, you really want to go there ?


God is awesome cause when some sh*t stain starts ranting on about how God hates gays and all the nasty things gays deserve up to and including death God appears and smacks the sh*T out of them, God makes sure to correct the record when people start with their own claims about what God said, did or didn't do...............nope.

Ah. You're using your personal standard and it's a leftist, liberal, PC standard. Ok, I get it now.

I didn't realize correcting a false claim made about God was a PC standard, but okey, so says you.


God is awesome cause he study really really hard to become so smart.................ummm no, all knowing cause, like, he just knows, okey, just go with it.

Apparently God is not the only one who didn't think he needed study.

God is awesome, cause he "saved' me, and by saved I he was going to send me to a place to be tortured but now won't........................seriously ?

I bet you also think it is the govt's fault that Jeffery Dahmer was in prison right? PC logic. The criminal is never to blame.

As always, fascinating watching your mind at work.............


we are giving away points to Gods for NOT torturing people ? I think this calls for another thread on God and low standards.

Or on your spin. Either or.

God is awesome.....................cause he gives me warm and fuzzy feelings ? maybe.........then again so can a hooker.

Speaking from experience? You may be on to why you're so depressed. But your PC doctrine requires you to blame someone other than you.... ok, perhaps someday you will tire of a belief system that sucks.


God is awesome............cause I can present myself to other people as some how spiritual superior to them, threaten them with hell, make a ton of money off "God talk" and God won't do a f*cking thing about it...................okey I have to give you that one.

Thanks!

God is awesome cause God is the supreme being,.............just attaching the word supreme to something doesn't mean it is awesome, eg supreme pizza.

Wait. Is God the Supreme Being or is it only that the word is attached to Him? Your spin wasn't quite clear there.

God is awesome, seriously why again ?

You mean a reason based on your personal tastes right? No, we have none.

Is that bad?

Just remember this Ethan, when I bought up about how God doesn't do x,y,z for children to consider the proposition that maybe even granting all the other aspects, God could do better and ergo might not be perfect, the best you could do was lie and make claims about how this make me want God to be my personal servant or anyone else who looks at such evidence in light of the perfect God proposition.

I would be hard pressed to find some one who invokes such lies, deception and all manner of trickery to defend religious belief as you Ethan.

So keep it up Ethan, keep your responses as "PC doctrine" oh your just want God as your personal servant, or implications that cause we challenge what ever, it means some one shouldn't be punished or imply the person believes a total absence of personal responsibility and on and on it goes.

So yes mother f*Cker, we are going to question the perfect God claim, as claimed by our fellow humans.

Yes you lying b*tch, we are going to look at what exactly it means to say God is awesome in light of our fellow human beings about what exactly this God is and does or does not do.

Yes, we are going to point out how God isn't going out of it's way to correct the record when our fellow humans blah blah blah kill the gays, blah blah blah.

But but but, look I made nasty insults about your character so religious belief is saved..................NO Ethan you dumb f*ck, it isn't.

You took away Ethan's God shield. You exposed him for the low life he is. You left him nothing to defend himself with. Are you going to do that to the other God possessed victims?
ethang5
Posts: 20,772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2017 4:44:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/9/2017 12:21:10 PM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 1/9/2017 11:44:28 AM, ethang5 wrote:

Do you believe God is awesome ? why exactly ? lets ponder the God concept as an all powerful, all knowing being.....

God is awesome cause he worked very hard too..............no wait, as the all powerful, what ever God does requires no effort on it's part.

How do you know this?

I know you don't know anything. Just asking to highlight your argument from ignorance.

No points here awarded for effort.

God is awesome cause of all the ways he helps the kids.....................this is sarcasm.

Why is it sarcasm? I was a kid. He helped me. I now have kids. He helps them. What standard exactly are you using here?

Mortality rates before modern medicine, child rape.

Your standard is child rape??? Your standard of judging God's morality is what men voluntarily do?? Wait, ......... Are you Satan?

I seriously doubt the same God who sat back and watched that, never the less decided to help you and your kids.

When will you address your assumption that God has a responsibility to help everyone? I for one, will not accept that assumption till you give me a reason to accept it. You aren't some moral authority to me.

Are you really going to tell yourself hey God didn't intervene for them, but did so for me ? really Ethan, you really want to go there ?

Sure. Why not? I realize I have a duty to God. I didn't sit back and expect Him to serve me with no commitment required on my part. I am aware that God is not my genie. But if whining about what He should do while ignoring what you should do works for you, knock yourself out.

God is awesome cause when some sh*t stain starts ranting on about how God hates gays and all the nasty things gays deserve up to and including death God appears and smacks the sh*T out of them, God makes sure to correct the record when people start with their own claims about what God said, did or didn't do...............nope.

Ah. You're using your personal standard and it's a leftist, liberal, PC standard. Ok, I get it now.

I didn't realize correcting a false claim made about God was a PC standard, but okey, so says you.

So you just decided within yourself that it was false and, PRESTO!, it was false. No debate needed? You have a God complex.

God is awesome cause he study really really hard to become so smart.................ummm no, all knowing cause, like, he just knows, okey, just go with it.

Apparently God is not the only one who didn't think he needed study.

At least God is omniscient already. Whats your excuse for your ignorance?

God is awesome, cause he "saved' me, and by saved I he was going to send me to a place to be tortured but now won't........................seriously ?

I bet you also think it is the govt's fault that Jeffery Dahmer was in prison right? PC logic. The criminal is never to blame.

As always, fascinating watching your mind at work.............

Address the rebut. God does not send you to Hell. If you must twist our doctrine to make your point, what does that say about your argument? It is a lie.

we are giving away points to Gods for NOT torturing people ? I think this calls for another thread on God and low standards.

Or on your spin. Either or.

How it must irk you that millions of people all over the world love and worship Him! You've got some irksome days coming IC, is all I can say.

God is awesome.....................cause he gives me warm and fuzzy feelings ? maybe.........then again so can a hooker.

Speaking from experience? You may be on to why you're so depressed. But your PC doctrine requires you to blame someone other than you.... ok, perhaps someday you will tire of a belief system that sucks.

God is awesome cause God is the supreme being,.............just attaching the word supreme to something doesn't mean it is awesome, eg supreme pizza.

Wait. Is God the Supreme Being or is it only that the word is attached to Him? Your spin wasn't quite clear there.

lol. What? No clarification? We are just to take your word on faith huh?

God is awesome, seriously why again ?

You mean a reason based on your personal tastes right? No, we have none.

Is that bad?

Just remember this Ethan, when I bought up about how God doesn't do x,y,z for children to consider the proposition that maybe even granting all the other aspects, God could do better and ergo might not be perfect, the best you could do was lie and make claims about how this make me want God to be my personal servant or anyone else who looks at such evidence in light of the perfect God proposition.

You're miffed that I did not accept your silly unsupported claims? This is a debate site festus. All you're doing is posting your rants and then wanting others to accept your claims without debate. That will not happen here.

If you say, "God is evil for not saving me", then you should answer why you think God SHOULD save you. You can't answer. You just insist God should and is evil if He doesn't. As we warned you, silly unsupported claims will get thrown out as the rubbish they are.

I would be hard pressed to find some one who invokes such lies, deception and all manner of trickery to defend religious belief as you Ethan.

There was nothing to defend. You needed to support your claims, you could not. You morons think all you have to do is make a claim and the Christian needs to start defending. No we don't. Your claims don't get accepted automatically without support. There was nothing for me to defend. Support your claims.

So keep it up Ethan, keep your responses as "PC doctrine" oh your just want God as your personal servant, or implications that cause we challenge what ever, it means some one shouldn't be punished or imply the person believes a total absence of personal responsibility and on and on it goes.

All you do is "challenge". When we ask you how come? You don't know. When we ask, how so? You cant answer. Why should we accept your blather? Did you arrive at your conclusions through thought? If not, why should we care?

So yes mother f*Cker, we are going to question the perfect God claim, as claimed by our fellow humans.

And then you are going to address the silly assumptions in your questions, or your challenge gets the heave-ho. So question all you want, but no one is going to start defending under your unsupported claim. Your words aren't truth just because you speak them.

Yes you lying b*tch, we are going to look at what exactly it means to say God is awesome in light of our fellow human beings about what exactly this God is and does or does not do.

How will you do that when you are afraid to answer questions put to your claims? You don't want to look at anything except your insipid rants about God. If you say God is evil, and I say, what moral system did you use? That is not a defense. That is a question. A valid one based on your claim. If you can't answer, you are either a moron or a liar. Either way, we toss you for lolz.

Yes, we are going to point out how God isn't going out of it's way to correct the record when our fellow humans blah blah blah kill the gays, blah blah blah.

And we are going to ask you what makes you think God should "correct the record"? And how you came by this gem of wisdom. If you can't answer, you are either a moron or a liar. Either way, we toss you for lolz.

But but but, look I made nasty insults about your character so religious belief is saved..................NO Ethan you dumb

I'm dumb but you're too stupid to follow the character limit. Ok Einstein.
12_13
Posts: 2,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2017 9:46:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/9/2017 10:19:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
Do you believe God is awesome ? why exactly ?

Because He gave life also for those who hate Him and go against Him.

But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.
Mat. 5:44-45

I think God is also awesome because His book, the Bible has survived from so many attacks from humans and His nation, Israel exists, even though almost the whole earth seems to be against it.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2017 11:48:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/9/2017 9:46:05 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 1/9/2017 10:19:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
Do you believe God is awesome ? why exactly ?

Because He gave life also for those who hate Him and go against Him.

But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.
Mat. 5:44-45

I think God is also awesome because His book, the Bible has survived from so many attacks from humans and His nation, Israel exists, even though almost the whole earth seems to be against it.

i enjoy how you assume that your god is responsible for life.
what convinced you that your god is even real?
take your time and be specific, the more specific you can be the easier it will be to spot any flaws in your logic.
by the way, have you even read the entire bible? the more i read the bible the more i realized how immoral, and petty the god of the bible was.
ethang5
Posts: 20,772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2017 9:31:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/9/2017 11:48:16 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 1/9/2017 9:46:05 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 1/9/2017 10:19:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
Do you believe God is awesome ? why exactly ?

Because He gave life also for those who hate Him and go against Him.

But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.
Mat. 5:44-45

I think God is also awesome because His book, the Bible has survived from so many attacks from humans and His nation, Israel exists, even though almost the whole earth seems to be against it.

i enjoy how you assume that your god is responsible for life.

And we enjoy how you assume life came about spontaneously.

what convinced you that your god is even real?

What convinced you that He wasn't?

take your time and be specific, the more specific you can be the easier it will be to spot any flaws in your logic.

Which is exactly why the atheist will dodge questions. Doctor, heal thyself. Please give your above advice to atheists. How come you don't follow the rules you want theists to obey? Why do you dodge?

by the way, have you even read the entire bible? the more i read the bible the more i realized how immoral, and petty the god of the bible was.

You are biased and militant, and that clouds your perception. That is why only about 2% of the world share your perception of the Bible. Tell us something we don't already know.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2017 10:41:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/10/2017 9:31:46 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 1/9/2017 11:48:16 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 1/9/2017 9:46:05 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 1/9/2017 10:19:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
Do you believe God is awesome ? why exactly ?

Because He gave life also for those who hate Him and go against Him.

But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.
Mat. 5:44-45

I think God is also awesome because His book, the Bible has survived from so many attacks from humans and His nation, Israel exists, even though almost the whole earth seems to be against it.

i enjoy how you assume that your god is responsible for life.

And we enjoy how you assume life came about spontaneously.

that is what the evidence suggests

what convinced you that your god is even real?

What convinced you that He wasn't?
the fact that no one has been able to demonstrate that a god is real, and no one has been able to show any evidence that a god is real.
it's the same reason that i don't believe Santa Claus or the easter bunny is real either.
do you believe that they are also real?


take your time and be specific, the more specific you can be the easier it will be to spot any flaws in your logic.

Which is exactly why the atheist will dodge questions. Doctor, heal thyself. Please give your above advice to atheists. How come you don't follow the rules you want theists to obey? Why do you dodge?

what rule are you talking about?
if you think i'm dodging then i suggest you be specific.


by the way, have you even read the entire bible? the more i read the bible the more i realized how immoral, and petty the god of the bible was.

You are biased and militant, and that clouds your perception. That is why only about 2% of the world share your perception of the Bible. Tell us something we don't already know.

probably because most people don't care to actually read the bible.
12_13
Posts: 2,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2017 10:42:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/9/2017 11:48:16 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
what convinced you that your god is even real?

Bible and the existence of life as the Bible describes it. Things happen as the Bible tells, therefore I believe in the Bible God. But even if I would not believe in God, I would want to follow his Law, because I think it is perfect. :)

by the way, have you even read the entire bible?

Many times. :)
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2017 10:47:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/10/2017 10:42:12 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 1/9/2017 11:48:16 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
what convinced you that your god is even real?

Bible and the existence of life as the Bible describes it. Things happen as the Bible tells, therefore I believe in the Bible God. But even if I would not believe in God, I would want to follow his Law, because I think it is perfect. :)

by the way, have you even read the entire bible?

Many times. :)

seriously, you think the laws in the bible are perfect?
even the laws about owning slaves?
beating slaves so badly that they die 2 days later.
even the laws about making rape victims marry their rapists?
killing people for working on the sabbath?
killing people for being of different religions?
killing people for leaving your religion?
Geogeer
Posts: 6,004
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2017 10:52:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/9/2017 10:19:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
Do you believe God is awesome ? why exactly ? lets ponder the God concept as an all powerful, all knowing being.....

God is awesome cause he worked very hard too..............no wait, as the all powerful, what ever God does requires no effort on it's part. No points here awarded for effort.

God is awesome cause of all the ways he helps the kids.....................this is sarcasm.

God is awesome cause when some sh*t stain starts ranting on about how God hates gays and all the nasty things gays deserve up to and including death God appears and smacks the sh*T out of them, God makes sure to correct the record when people start with their own claims about what God said, did or didn't do...............nope.

God is awesome cause he study really really hard to become so smart.................ummm no, all knowing cause, like, he just knows, okey, just go with it.

God is awesome, cause he "saved' me, and by saved I he was going to send me to a place to be tortured but now won't........................seriously ? we are giving away points to Gods for NOT torturing people ? I think this calls for another thread on God and low standards.

God is awesome.....................cause he gives me warm and fuzzy feelings ? maybe.........then again so can a hooker.

God is awesome............cause I can present myself to other people as some how spiritual superior to them, threaten them with hell, make a ton of money off "God talk" and God won't do a f*cking thing about it...................okey I have to give you that one.

God is awesome cause God is the supreme being,.............just attaching the word supreme to something doesn't mean it is awesome, eg supreme pizza.

God is awesome, seriously why again ?

God is awesome because he loves you intensely; so much so that he gives you the freedom trash talk him all the time.
bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2017 12:59:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/10/2017 9:31:46 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 1/9/2017 11:48:16 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 1/9/2017 9:46:05 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 1/9/2017 10:19:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
Do you believe God is awesome ? why exactly ?

Because He gave life also for those who hate Him and go against Him.

But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.
Mat. 5:44-45

I think God is also awesome because His book, the Bible has survived from so many attacks from humans and His nation, Israel exists, even though almost the whole earth seems to be against it.

i enjoy how you assume that your god is responsible for life.

And we enjoy how you assume life came about spontaneously.

what convinced you that your god is even real?

What convinced you that He wasn't?

take your time and be specific, the more specific you can be the easier it will be to spot any flaws in your logic.

Which is exactly why the atheist will dodge questions. Doctor, heal thyself. Please give your above advice to atheists. How come you don't follow the rules you want theists to obey? Why do you dodge?
What is there to dodge.
You claim the existence of gods, you can't support your claim, no dodge necessary from the atheist.
bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2017 1:00:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/10/2017 10:52:37 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/9/2017 10:19:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
Do you believe God is awesome ? why exactly ? lets ponder the God concept as an all powerful, all knowing being.....

God is awesome cause he worked very hard too..............no wait, as the all powerful, what ever God does requires no effort on it's part. No points here awarded for effort.

God is awesome cause of all the ways he helps the kids.....................this is sarcasm.

God is awesome cause when some sh*t stain starts ranting on about how God hates gays and all the nasty things gays deserve up to and including death God appears and smacks the sh*T out of them, God makes sure to correct the record when people start with their own claims about what God said, did or didn't do...............nope.

God is awesome cause he study really really hard to become so smart.................ummm no, all knowing cause, like, he just knows, okey, just go with it.

God is awesome, cause he "saved' me, and by saved I he was going to send me to a place to be tortured but now won't........................seriously ? we are giving away points to Gods for NOT torturing people ? I think this calls for another thread on God and low standards.

God is awesome.....................cause he gives me warm and fuzzy feelings ? maybe.........then again so can a hooker.

God is awesome............cause I can present myself to other people as some how spiritual superior to them, threaten them with hell, make a ton of money off "God talk" and God won't do a f*cking thing about it...................okey I have to give you that one.

God is awesome cause God is the supreme being,.............just attaching the word supreme to something doesn't mean it is awesome, eg supreme pizza.

God is awesome, seriously why again ?

God is awesome because he loves you intensely; so much so that he gives you the freedom trash talk him all the time.
God is awesome at genocide, just read his alleged book.
bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2017 1:06:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/10/2017 10:42:12 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 1/9/2017 11:48:16 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
what convinced you that your god is even real?

Bible and the existence of life as the Bible describes it. Things happen as the Bible tells, therefore I believe in the Bible God. But even if I would not believe in God, I would want to follow his Law, because I think it is perfect. :)
What fantasy land do you live in?
The bible says a flood higher than Mt Everest, fantasy.
The bible has a lump of clay growing a dick and screwing a rib, fantasy.
The bible has a talking snake that walks upright, fantasy.
Life as the bible describes it is fantasy, things don't ever happen as the bible tells.
Geogeer
Posts: 6,004
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2017 2:00:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/11/2017 1:00:57 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/10/2017 10:52:37 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 1/9/2017 10:19:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
Do you believe God is awesome ? why exactly ? lets ponder the God concept as an all powerful, all knowing being.....

God is awesome cause he worked very hard too..............no wait, as the all powerful, what ever God does requires no effort on it's part. No points here awarded for effort.

God is awesome cause of all the ways he helps the kids.....................this is sarcasm.

God is awesome cause when some sh*t stain starts ranting on about how God hates gays and all the nasty things gays deserve up to and including death God appears and smacks the sh*T out of them, God makes sure to correct the record when people start with their own claims about what God said, did or didn't do...............nope.

God is awesome cause he study really really hard to become so smart.................ummm no, all knowing cause, like, he just knows, okey, just go with it.

God is awesome, cause he "saved' me, and by saved I he was going to send me to a place to be tortured but now won't........................seriously ? we are giving away points to Gods for NOT torturing people ? I think this calls for another thread on God and low standards.

God is awesome.....................cause he gives me warm and fuzzy feelings ? maybe.........then again so can a hooker.

God is awesome............cause I can present myself to other people as some how spiritual superior to them, threaten them with hell, make a ton of money off "God talk" and God won't do a f*cking thing about it...................okey I have to give you that one.

God is awesome cause God is the supreme being,.............just attaching the word supreme to something doesn't mean it is awesome, eg supreme pizza.

God is awesome, seriously why again ?

God is awesome because he loves you intensely; so much so that he gives you the freedom trash talk him all the time.
God is awesome at genocide, just read his alleged book.

http://www.debate.org...
12_13
Posts: 2,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2017 8:08:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/10/2017 10:47:43 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
seriously, you think the laws in the bible are perfect?

According to the Bible, the Law is:

"'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. A second likewise is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
Mat. 22:37-39

Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not give false testimony," "You shall not covet," [TR adds "You shall not give false testimony,"] and whatever other commandments there are, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Love doesn't harm a neighbor. Love therefore is the fulfillment of the law.
Romans 13:8-10

I think that is perfect.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2017 1:05:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/11/2017 8:08:24 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 1/10/2017 10:47:43 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
seriously, you think the laws in the bible are perfect?

According to the Bible, the Law is:

"'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. A second likewise is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
Mat. 22:37-39

Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not give false testimony," "You shall not covet," [TR adds "You shall not give false testimony,"] and whatever other commandments there are, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Love doesn't harm a neighbor. Love therefore is the fulfillment of the law.
Romans 13:8-10

I think that is perfect.

i understand, you just ignore all the immoral laws your god came up with in the old testament.
it's too bad your god wasn't smart enough to say that from the beginning, instead of your god telling people to kill, and enslave other people.
keithprosser
Posts: 8,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2017 1:43:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/9/2017 10:19:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
Do you believe God is awesome ? why exactly ? lets ponder the God concept as an all powerful, all knowing being.....

On point of tactics, ilco, I wonder posts like that confuse theists. They might not always understand that atheists believe god does not exist. Sometimes it can come across that we believe in the existence of a nasty God, or that we believe God exists and think he's nasty or however you want to put it.

Just to make it clear to any hard-of-thinking theists, atheists don't believe in a bad god or that god is bad. We don't believe any god or gods exist at all(*).

(*)Baal and Beelzebub don't count.
12_13
Posts: 2,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2017 9:58:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2017 1:05:33 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
...
it's too bad your god wasn't smart enough to say that from the beginning,...

It is said also in OT.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2017 2:15:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2017 9:58:04 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 1/12/2017 1:05:33 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
...
it's too bad your god wasn't smart enough to say that from the beginning,...

It is said also in OT.

and yet your god directly contradicted that by commanding people to kill children and infants.
1 samuel 15:1-3
12_13
Posts: 2,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2017 7:06:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/14/2017 2:15:00 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 1/12/2017 9:58:04 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 1/12/2017 1:05:33 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
...
it's too bad your god wasn't smart enough to say that from the beginning,...

It is said also in OT.

and yet your god directly contradicted that by commanding people to kill children and infants.
1 samuel 15:1-3

Maybe it was merciful to end their life?

However, doesn"t every peoples body die? If yes, why should Amalek live forever, especially if they are evil?

by how I understand love, it doesn"t mean that everything will be accepted and allowed. If God sees it is better than someone die, I believe it is good and right. It doesn"t mean we shouldn"t love, or that God doesn"t love.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2017 9:24:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/15/2017 7:06:27 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 1/14/2017 2:15:00 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 1/12/2017 9:58:04 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 1/12/2017 1:05:33 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
...
it's too bad your god wasn't smart enough to say that from the beginning,...

It is said also in OT.

and yet your god directly contradicted that by commanding people to kill children and infants.
1 samuel 15:1-3

Maybe it was merciful to end their life?

However, doesn"t every peoples body die? If yes, why should Amalek live forever, especially if they are evil?

by how I understand love, it doesn"t mean that everything will be accepted and allowed. If God sees it is better than someone die, I believe it is good and right. It doesn"t mean we shouldn"t love, or that God doesn"t love.

i see, so if it was merciful to kill infants before, it may be merciful for you to kill infants.
if your god told you to kill infants, would you obey your god and kill infants?
if an all knowing and all powerful god was real, shouldn't your god have many more options than commanding people to kill infants?
such as making their mothers sterile before the infants were born.
bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2017 2:15:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/15/2017 7:06:27 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 1/14/2017 2:15:00 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 1/12/2017 9:58:04 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 1/12/2017 1:05:33 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
...
it's too bad your god wasn't smart enough to say that from the beginning,...

It is said also in OT.

and yet your god directly contradicted that by commanding people to kill children and infants.
1 samuel 15:1-3

Maybe it was merciful to end their life?

However, doesn"t every peoples body die? If yes, why should Amalek live forever, especially if they are evil?

by how I understand love, it doesn"t mean that everything will be accepted and allowed. If God sees it is better than someone die, I believe it is good and right. It doesn"t mean we shouldn"t love, or that God doesn"t love.
Which is precisely why abortion is god's greatest gift to humanity.
If god didn't want fetuses aborted he wouldn't have invented abortion.
So get to work you godists and empty all those swollen bellies, like god commanded one other time.
Do i, do it now.
12_13
Posts: 2,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2017 6:16:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/15/2017 9:24:57 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
if your god told you to kill infants, would you obey your god and kill infants?

I don"t think God would not command me to do so, and I probably couldn"t do that, even if god would command me to do so.

if an all knowing and all powerful god was real, shouldn't your god have many more options than commanding people to kill infants?

Maybe, but if we imagine that all relatives of that baby are dead, do you think that baby would live long and have good life?

In this it is good to notice that in Biblical point of view this life is not all and not something that is even meant to last forever. Therefore, death in this lesson world is not an end and not necessary bad, why else so many people abort "innocent" babies all the time and some even want that euthanasia is allowed? But you apparently are against abortion and euthanasia, which I think is good, all though it is rare from God"s enemies.

Anyway, because this "life" is not all, I don"t see any problem with death. God can raise people from death and even those babies may live with God at the moment. That is why the death of those babies may have been good. I am not all knowing, therefore I can"t judge God and therefore I can"t also judge anyone else to death.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2017 11:54:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/16/2017 6:16:31 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 1/15/2017 9:24:57 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
if your god told you to kill infants, would you obey your god and kill infants?

I don"t think God would not command me to do so, and I probably couldn"t do that, even if god would command me to do so.

since the bible says your god has commanded people to kill infants, i don't see how you can assume your god wouldn't command you to kill infants.
although i find it amusing that you would choose to sin because you couldn't follow your god's commands.


if an all knowing and all powerful god was real, shouldn't your god have many more options than commanding people to kill infants?

Maybe, but if we imagine that all relatives of that baby are dead, do you think that baby would live long and have good life?

yes, there are orphanages for a reason.
i'm sorry that you are so morally bankrupt that you would let a baby die, just because you couldn't take the time to take it to an orphanage.


In this it is good to notice that in Biblical point of view this life is not all and not something that is even meant to last forever. Therefore, death in this lesson world is not an end and not necessary bad, why else so many people abort "innocent" babies all the time and some even want that euthanasia is allowed? But you apparently are against abortion and euthanasia, which I think is good, all though it is rare from God"s enemies.

so you are comparing abortion and euthanasia to genocide?
wow, you must be desperate if you that is the best you can come up with.
i support both abortion and euthanasia for the same reason, because i don't have the right to tell people what they must do to their own bodies. they have to determine what is best for them, and that may mean terminating an unwanted pregnancy or their own life (especially if they are suffering from a terminal illness).
maybe you might notice that the same reason doesn't apply to genocide.

Anyway, because this "life" is not all, I don"t see any problem with death. God can raise people from death and even those babies may live with God at the moment. That is why the death of those babies may have been good. I am not all knowing, therefore I can"t judge God and therefore I can"t also judge anyone else to death.

if the bible is an accurate representation of your god's character, then i wouldn't want to live with your god.
i can judge your god, if you aren't able to judge your god, then you aren't able to determine that your god is worth obeying to begin with.
12_13
Posts: 2,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2017 9:35:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/16/2017 11:54:44 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
since the bible says your god has commanded people to kill infants, i don't see how you can assume your god wouldn't command you to kill infants.
although i find it amusing that you would choose to sin because you couldn't follow your god's commands.

I am not claiming to be perfect. :)

yes, there are orphanages for a reason.
i'm sorry that you are so morally bankrupt that you would let a baby die, just because you couldn't take the time to take it to an orphanage.

But don"t you see the problem here, if there is nation that wants to kill you, but you kill them first, but save their children and then when they are adult they come to revenge and kill you and your whole nation, what is better:
a)kill the future killers of you and save good teaching and truth?
b)or let the killer live and destroy you later and at the same time destroy all good teaching and truth from the world?

By what the Bible tells, death is for unrighteous because unrighteous will cause evil things and suffering. And the choice is really between keeping the righteous who love others as themselves, or keeping the unrighteous who kill and cause all evil things possible. Obviously, infant is not yet capable to do much, but if the mind is corrupted, it is only matter of time. That is why the question is really about what you want, evilness or goodness to prevail? And that is why it is not necessary good to save "innocent" babies. But I have not enough knowledge to say who is really righteous, and luckily I also don"t have right to kill. :)

so you are comparing abortion and euthanasia to genocide?

The only difference that I see is, God has given life and therefore has right to end it. Humans don"t give life, they give birth, and that doesn"t give God"s rights.

i support both abortion

So, you then support killing of "innocent" babies, but don"t like if God does that. Sounds quite hypocritical.

i can judge your god, if you aren't able to judge your god, then you aren't able to determine that your god is worth obeying to begin with.

I don"t know the reasons and the results of God"s actions. I don"t know did God raise "innocent" babies to heaven and so one. Therefore, I can"t give judgment. But I know, love your neighbor is good commandment.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2017 10:57:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/17/2017 9:35:07 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 1/16/2017 11:54:44 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
since the bible says your god has commanded people to kill infants, i don't see how you can assume your god wouldn't command you to kill infants.
although i find it amusing that you would choose to sin because you couldn't follow your god's commands.

I am not claiming to be perfect. :)

yes, there are orphanages for a reason.
i'm sorry that you are so morally bankrupt that you would let a baby die, just because you couldn't take the time to take it to an orphanage.

But don"t you see the problem here, if there is nation that wants to kill you, but you kill them first, but save their children and then when they are adult they come to revenge and kill you and your whole nation, what is better:
a)kill the future killers of you and save good teaching and truth?
b)or let the killer live and destroy you later and at the same time destroy all good teaching and truth from the world?

By what the Bible tells, death is for unrighteous because unrighteous will cause evil things and suffering. And the choice is really between keeping the righteous who love others as themselves, or keeping the unrighteous who kill and cause all evil things possible. Obviously, infant is not yet capable to do much, but if the mind is corrupted, it is only matter of time. That is why the question is really about what you want, evilness or goodness to prevail? And that is why it is not necessary good to save "innocent" babies. But I have not enough knowledge to say who is really righteous, and luckily I also don"t have right to kill. :)

so you are comparing abortion and euthanasia to genocide?

The only difference that I see is, God has given life and therefore has right to end it. Humans don"t give life, they give birth, and that doesn"t give God"s rights.

i support both abortion

So, you then support killing of "innocent" babies, but don"t like if God does that. Sounds quite hypocritical.

i can judge your god, if you aren't able to judge your god, then you aren't able to determine that your god is worth obeying to begin with.

I don"t know the reasons and the results of God"s actions. I don"t know did God raise "innocent" babies to heaven and so one. Therefore, I can"t give judgment. But I know, love your neighbor is good commandment.

seriously? did you even bother to read what you just wrote?
are you really claiming that genocide and killing infants is the only way people can live in peace?

it's not good to kill babies, i never said it was good to kill babies.
maybe you should go back and read what i actually wrote.
ethang5
Posts: 20,772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2017 12:40:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/10/2017 10:41:08 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 1/10/2017 9:31:46 AM, ethang5 wrote:

i enjoy how you assume that your god is responsible for life.

And we enjoy how you assume life came about spontaneously.

that is what the evidence suggests

Untrue. There is no evidence to suggest that. All scientific observation and experimentation to date suggests that life came from life.

what convinced you that your god is even real?

What convinced you that He wasn't?

the fact that no one has been able to demonstrate that a god is real, and no one has been able to show any evidence that a god is real.

So for the thousands of years that no one was able to show that the Earth was round, was it flat? That no one has been able to demonstrate that a god is real ( I disagree but will use your phrase here) is reason to WITHHOLD belief in Him, it is an illogical and insufficient reason to believe He does not exist.

it's the same reason that i don't believe Santa Claus or the easter bunny is real either.
do you believe that they are also real?

I believe things which have positive evidence for them and no evidence against them, Santa and The Easter Bunny have no evidence for, and evidence against. Do you believe aliens exist?

take your time and be specific, the more specific you can be the easier it will be to spot any flaws in your logic.

Which is exactly why the atheist will dodge questions. Doctor, heal thyself. Please give your above advice to atheists. How come you don't follow the rules you want theists to obey? Why do you dodge?

what rule are you talking about?

The take my time and be specific. Please surprise me and be specific.

if you think i'm dodging then i suggest you be specific.

If history is any indication, you will dodge.

by the way, have you even read the entire bible? the more i read the bible the more i realized how immoral, and petty the god of the bible was.

You are biased and militant, and that clouds your perception. That is why only about 2% of the world share your perception of the Bible. Tell us something we don't already know.

probably because most people don't care to actually read the bible.

The Bible is the most read and quoted book on Earth. It has influenced whole cultures, countries, and ethnicities. It is profound and has been studied by great minds for thousands of years. Perhaps your opinion of the Bible reflects more the poverty of your educative position than anything else.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.