Recycled Teachings

TheChristWithin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2017 10:53:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
From the Gospel of Thomas: 66

(66) Jesus/Isa said, "Show me the stone which the builders have rejected. That one is the cornerstone."

From Sahih Muslim 30: 5675

Abu Hurairh reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The similitude of mine and that of the Apostles before me is that of a person who built a house quite imposing and beautiful, but for one brick in one of its corners. People would go round it, appreciating the building, but saying: Why has the brick not been fixed here? He said: I am that brick and I am the last of the Apostles.

This is where Muhammad's "idea" came from.

Similarly:

From Genesis 3: 10

10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

From the Gospel of Thomas: 37

(37) His disciples said, "When will you become revealed to us and when shall we see you?"
Jesus said, "When you disrobe without being ashamed and take up your garments and place them under your feet like little children and tread on them, then will you see the son of the living one, and you will not be afraid"

This is where Jesus/Isa's "idea" came from.

The question becomes, is the entire religious narrative really being guided by "God" or is it simply men taking some teachings already in existence and putting their own spin on them? I'm not arguing one or the other, I'm just pointing out that most teachings in any given context originate from an earlier time period.
List of Trolls (ongoing)
21stCenturyIconoclast
bulproof
Deb-8-A-Bull
dee-em
Gentorev
Goldtop
Harikrish

List of Racists (ongoing)
Harikrish (blacks and Jews)
Mingodalia (white males)
Danb6177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2017 11:00:35 PM
At 2/21/2017 10:53:40 PM, TheChristWithin wrote:

(66) Jesus/Isa said, "Show me the stone which the builders have rejected. That one is the cornerstone."

Abu Hurairh reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The similitude of mine and that of the Apostles before me is that of a person who built a house quite imposing and beautiful, but for one brick in one of its corners. People would go round it, appreciating the building, but saying: Why has the brick not been fixed here? He said: I am that brick and I am the last of the Apostles.

Similarly:

10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

(37) His disciples said, "When will you become revealed to us and when shall we see you?"
Jesus said, "When you disrobe without being ashamed and take up your garments and place them under your feet like little children and tread on them, then will you see the son of the living one, and you will not be afraid"

The question becomes, is the entire religious narrative really being guided by "God" or is it simply men taking some teachings already in existence and putting their own spin on them? I'm not arguing one or the other, I'm just pointing out that most teachings in any given context originate from an earlier time period.

Muhammad would have known what the bible said
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2017 12:32:47 AM

Similarly:

Gospel Tomas entirely contains analogy.
Likewise the Verse 66. if you take a look the verse 64 and 65 you would find they refer to the messengers that the God (master) sent to the mankind, where the mankind kept rejected them.
In The verse 66, 'the keystone' clearly refers to the (last) messenger, that the 'builders' (mankind) also rejected.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2017 1:30:08 AM

Similarly:

Of course it is a borrowing from existing teachings and beliefs. The Hebrew cosmology was lifted from the civilizations around them. Christianity incorporated the Hebrew bible lock, stock and barrel and the Hebrew bible was simply a collection of myths, fables and pseudo-history. Then Christianity added things which were largely borrowed from Greek thought and other pagan beliefs. Islam took what it needed from Christianity and Judaism and then diverged. The Mormons selected what they wanted from Christianity and then diverged. And so it goes on ...
Lying and/or abusive trolls on permanent ignore: ethang5, skipsaweirdo, dsjpk5, Polytheist_Witch, Studio-B, TKDB, Factseeker, graceofgod.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.