Total Posts:60|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

NASA has announced discovery..Did God create?

FanboyMctroll
Posts: 6,352
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 3,202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2017 7:12:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

What do you doubt?
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 6,352
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2017 7:23:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2017 7:12:55 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

What do you doubt?

That there is a GOD, that he created everything, that there was a Jesus. Religion is a man made up form of coping for the weak. Science keeps uncovering new planets, that might have their own civilizations, wow what a revelation it would be if there was another civilization there and they had their own religion and they said that for example it was Santa Clause that created everything not GOD
PureX
Posts: 4,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2017 9:16:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

Who are you asking, and why?
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 3,202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2017 9:36:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2017 7:23:00 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:12:55 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

What do you doubt?

That there is a GOD, that he created everything, that there was a Jesus. Religion is a man made up form of coping for the weak. Science keeps uncovering new planets, that might have their own civilizations, wow what a revelation it would be if there was another civilization there and they had their own religion and they said that for example it was Santa Clause that created everything not GOD

Valid doubts.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
12_13
Posts: 2,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2017 10:22:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Did GOD create these as well,

If the planets are really true, I believe God created them. But at the moment the whole existence of the planets can be just a big lie also. :)
Axonly
Posts: 2,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2017 11:11:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

That's actually a really interesting way to prove/disprove the existence of a God. Say we manage to come into contact with intelligent extraterrestrials, if they had a religion similar to one of our own, it could be strong evidence for the existence of a God (And of course a lack of similar religions would be strong evidence against the existence of a God).
"Hate begets hate"
dee-em
Posts: 10,593
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2017 12:43:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

They say that these planets orbit so closely to one another that geographic features could be seen by the naked eye. Now if you were placing your "chosen creations" in a solar system, why not that one with a tame, very long-lived sun and multiple planets to colonize within easily reachable distance? Why plonk them in a solar system with at most two habitable planets (Mars is a stretch) and gas giants plus snowballs being useless to them?
Lying and/or abusive trolls on permanent ignore: ethang5, skipsaweirdo, dsjpk5, Polytheist_Witch, Studio-B, TKDB, Factseeker, graceofgod.
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2017 8:49:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2017 11:11:02 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

That's actually a really interesting way to prove/disprove the existence of a God. Say we manage to come into contact with intelligent extraterrestrials, if they had a religion similar to one of our own, it could be strong evidence for the existence of a God (And of course a lack of similar religions would be strong evidence against the existence of a God).
Theists will always shift the goalposts, won't they?
It wasn't long ago that God lovers were proclaiming that there is no other life in the universe since God created the Earth specifically for all his "people with souls" to reside.

Now that we are possibly on the verge of discovering life on other planets the game seems to change for theists.

I can just see it now, a NASA space module taking pictures of odd-looking buildings with steep, sloping roofs with hundreds of green beings pouring into and out of said buildings.

What a load of baloney theists try to put across as they jump on any bandwagon that's going, in order to justify their stupid beliefs.
Axonly
Posts: 2,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2017 8:54:32 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/24/2017 8:49:19 AM, Willows wrote:
At 2/23/2017 11:11:02 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

That's actually a really interesting way to prove/disprove the existence of a God. Say we manage to come into contact with intelligent extraterrestrials, if they had a religion similar to one of our own, it could be strong evidence for the existence of a God (And of course a lack of similar religions would be strong evidence against the existence of a God).
Theists will always shift the goalposts, won't they?
It wasn't long ago that God lovers were proclaiming that there is no other life in the universe since God created the Earth specifically for all his "people with souls" to reside.

Now that we are possibly on the verge of discovering life on other planets the game seems to change for theists.

I can just see it now, a NASA space module taking pictures of odd-looking buildings with steep, sloping roofs with hundreds of green beings pouring into and out of said buildings.

What a load of baloney theists try to put across as they jump on any bandwagon that's going, in order to justify their stupid beliefs.

Or perhaps most of them are just as excited about this as you are, because this is a genuinely interesting thing. Theists aren't that different from Atheists lol.
"Hate begets hate"
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,908
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2017 9:03:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

everytime NASA says they found new planets and stuff.... dude it just speculation science always changes. and if they r right ok God created other planets? who r the created of the whole universe?
dont fart
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2017 9:22:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/24/2017 8:54:32 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 2/24/2017 8:49:19 AM, Willows wrote:
At 2/23/2017 11:11:02 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

That's actually a really interesting way to prove/disprove the existence of a God. Say we manage to come into contact with intelligent extraterrestrials, if they had a religion similar to one of our own, it could be strong evidence for the existence of a God (And of course a lack of similar religions would be strong evidence against the existence of a God).
Theists will always shift the goalposts, won't they?
It wasn't long ago that God lovers were proclaiming that there is no other life in the universe since God created the Earth specifically for all his "people with souls" to reside.

Now that we are possibly on the verge of discovering life on other planets the game seems to change for theists.

I can just see it now, a NASA space module taking pictures of odd-looking buildings with steep, sloping roofs with hundreds of green beings pouring into and out of said buildings.

What a load of baloney theists try to put across as they jump on any bandwagon that's going, in order to justify their stupid beliefs.

Or perhaps most of them are just as excited about this as you are, because this is a genuinely interesting thing. Theists aren't that different from Atheists lol.

In body, atheists and theists are the same except that theists tend to think that the sun shines from their fundamental orifices.

Won't theists get really excited when they view the photos of little green men bending over with rays of light emanating from their ar**s?
Axonly
Posts: 2,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2017 9:24:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/24/2017 9:22:15 AM, Willows wrote:
At 2/24/2017 8:54:32 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 2/24/2017 8:49:19 AM, Willows wrote:
At 2/23/2017 11:11:02 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

That's actually a really interesting way to prove/disprove the existence of a God. Say we manage to come into contact with intelligent extraterrestrials, if they had a religion similar to one of our own, it could be strong evidence for the existence of a God (And of course a lack of similar religions would be strong evidence against the existence of a God).
Theists will always shift the goalposts, won't they?
It wasn't long ago that God lovers were proclaiming that there is no other life in the universe since God created the Earth specifically for all his "people with souls" to reside.

Now that we are possibly on the verge of discovering life on other planets the game seems to change for theists.

I can just see it now, a NASA space module taking pictures of odd-looking buildings with steep, sloping roofs with hundreds of green beings pouring into and out of said buildings.

What a load of baloney theists try to put across as they jump on any bandwagon that's going, in order to justify their stupid beliefs.

Or perhaps most of them are just as excited about this as you are, because this is a genuinely interesting thing. Theists aren't that different from Atheists lol.

In body, atheists and theists are the same except that theists tend to think that the sun shines from their fundamental orifices.

Won't theists get really excited when they view the photos of little green men bending over with rays of light emanating from their ar**s?

You're being a bit presumptuous and seem to have some degree of bias :/

There really isn't a need to act so hatefully towards Theists.
"Hate begets hate"
coldlandlord
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2017 9:54:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I fear that, even if we went to that planet, met ET's who are far more advanced than us, who had detailed scientific explanations of why we are all in the universe...

Even if they told us point blank to our face that, there is no god, the religious amongst us would STILL deny the facts and continue to believe in god! They would come up with all sorts of illogical, un-provable ideas to make their story fit in some way. New chapters would be added to the bible, the rule book would be changed.

If it was the other way around and these ET's told us that there is a god and showed us hard scientific fact of gods existence, all the atheists would hold their hands up and admit they were wrong.
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2017 11:13:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/24/2017 9:24:26 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 2/24/2017 9:22:15 AM, Willows wrote:
At 2/24/2017 8:54:32 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 2/24/2017 8:49:19 AM, Willows wrote:
At 2/23/2017 11:11:02 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

That's actually a really interesting way to prove/disprove the existence of a God. Say we manage to come into contact with intelligent extraterrestrials, if they had a religion similar to one of our own, it could be strong evidence for the existence of a God (And of course a lack of similar religions would be strong evidence against the existence of a God).
Theists will always shift the goalposts, won't they?
It wasn't long ago that God lovers were proclaiming that there is no other life in the universe since God created the Earth specifically for all his "people with souls" to reside.

Now that we are possibly on the verge of discovering life on other planets the game seems to change for theists.

I can just see it now, a NASA space module taking pictures of odd-looking buildings with steep, sloping roofs with hundreds of green beings pouring into and out of said buildings.

What a load of baloney theists try to put across as they jump on any bandwagon that's going, in order to justify their stupid beliefs.

Or perhaps most of them are just as excited about this as you are, because this is a genuinely interesting thing. Theists aren't that different from Atheists lol.

In body, atheists and theists are the same except that theists tend to think that the sun shines from their fundamental orifices.

Won't theists get really excited when they view the photos of little green men bending over with rays of light emanating from their ar**s?

You're being a bit presumptuous and seem to have some degree of bias :/

There really isn't a need to act so hatefully towards Theists.

I am not being presumptuous, nor biased. My observation of (many) theists is that they tend to be ignorant and arrogant.

Ignorant, because they will not accept sound reasoning and evidence that contradicts their beliefs. In the case of organised religion, followers are discouraged from listening to or reading anything contrary to their beliefs.

Arrogant, because followers maintain a selfish, self-centered stance that their belief is correct (despite hundreds of other beliefs saying the same thing) and are elitist for thinking that they are above everybody else who is not part of their in-crowd.

I do not show hatred towards theists, in fact, the converse is true. Theists are taught to cast scorn and hatred towards others, especially minority groups who don't happen to fit in with their distorted morals and ideals.
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 6,352
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2017 1:51:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2017 11:11:02 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

That's actually a really interesting way to prove/disprove the existence of a God. Say we manage to come into contact with intelligent extraterrestrials, if they had a religion similar to one of our own, it could be strong evidence for the existence of a God (And of course a lack of similar religions would be strong evidence against the existence of a God).

That is exactly my point!! You got it
ethang5
Posts: 20,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 4:13:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/24/2017 8:49:19 AM, Willows wrote:
At 2/23/2017 11:11:02 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

That's actually a really interesting way to prove/disprove the existence of a God. Say we manage to come into contact with intelligent extraterrestrials, if they had a religion similar to one of our own, it could be strong evidence for the existence of a God (And of course a lack of similar religions would be strong evidence against the existence of a God).
Theists will always shift the goalposts, won't they?
It wasn't long ago that God lovers were proclaiming that there is no other life in the universe since God created the Earth specifically for all his "people with souls" to reside.

The Bible doesn't say that but you're jumping the gun a little early aren't you? Life has not yet been found anywhere other than Earth.

Now that we are possibly on the verge of discovering life on other planets the game seems to change for theists.

You're not thinking clearly. Every time we find a planet capable of hosting life and there is no life there the case gets worse for angiogenesis. This is why you guys are so gung_hi on finding life.

I can just see it now, a NASA space module taking pictures of odd-looking buildings with steep, sloping roofs with hundreds of green beings pouring into and out of said buildings.

We would have detected other life long ago if they had reached the age of fire making.

What a load of baloney theists try to put across as they jump on any bandwagon that's going, in order to justify their stupid beliefs.

Our beliefs are not threatened at all by Earth-like planets. But as we discover more and more of them, it will become harder and harder for you to explain why you cling to the illogical theory of angiogenesis.

Note Gentle Reader, How all the atheists here (and on the news) take extra-terrestrial life as a given? Why? Because they have choosen to believe abiogenesis, and life elsewhere will validate that ( in their minds). Why have they choosen to believe abiogenesis? Not because of any evidence for it. Not because of science. But because they have to. The alternative is so scary to them that they cling to a no evidence, science-contradicting theory like cultists.

But sooner or later they will have to come up with a "new" theory as the scarcity of life in the universe will no longer be able to be ignored.

My guess is that they will lie. It will come to light that it was a lie, And the science community will try to spin it as a mistake. But not until the pseudo-science atheist have all danced into the streets claiming victory.

No life has been found there yet (and these aren't the 1st Earth-like planets ever found, just the closest so far) and the dweebs seem ready to don party hats.

I wonder how they will spin no life anywhere except Earth?
Goldtop
Posts: 6,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 4:44:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/26/2017 4:13:07 PM, ethang5 wrote:

The Bible doesn't say that but you're jumping the gun a little early aren't you? Life has not yet been found anywhere other than Earth.


I agree that we have not found life anywhere other than Earth.

Earth is a planet teeming with millions of species, which the vast majority have gone extinct yet many still survive despite several global catastrophes in the past.

But I wonder, are you saying that among the billions of galaxies that host billions of stars with billions of potential planets orbiting them, no other planet like Earth could possibly exist? Even if it had primitive life forms?
ethang5
Posts: 20,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 6:15:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/26/2017 4:44:03 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 2/26/2017 4:13:07 PM, ethang5 wrote:

The Bible doesn't say that but you're jumping the gun a little early aren't you? Life has not yet been found anywhere other than Earth.


I agree that we have not found life anywhere other than Earth.

Earth is a planet teeming with millions of species, which the vast majority have gone extinct yet many still survive despite several global catastrophes in the past.

But I wonder, are you saying that among the billions of galaxies that host billions of stars with billions of potential planets orbiting them, no other planet like Earth could possibly exist? Even if it had primitive life forms?

The answer depends a bit on what you currently believe. If you believe abiogenesis, that life will start spontaneously under the right conditions, a universe that could not get life under billions of conditions on billions of "Earths" needs some explaining.

If one believes life comes from life, then life other than on Earth is not really a problem. Now, if the life we find is biologically different from life on Earth, (say, silicon based) it would help abiogenesis.

But I'm willing to bet that we won't find life anywhere other than Earth. I believe life can exist elsewhere, it just wont.
Goldtop
Posts: 6,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 6:25:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/26/2017 6:15:30 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 2/26/2017 4:44:03 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 2/26/2017 4:13:07 PM, ethang5 wrote:

The Bible doesn't say that but you're jumping the gun a little early aren't you? Life has not yet been found anywhere other than Earth.


I agree that we have not found life anywhere other than Earth.

Earth is a planet teeming with millions of species, which the vast majority have gone extinct yet many still survive despite several global catastrophes in the past.

But I wonder, are you saying that among the billions of galaxies that host billions of stars with billions of potential planets orbiting them, no other planet like Earth could possibly exist? Even if it had primitive life forms?

The answer depends a bit on what you currently believe. If you believe abiogenesis, that life will start spontaneously under the right conditions, a universe that could not get life under billions of conditions on billions of "Earths" needs some explaining.

If one believes life comes from life, then life other than on Earth is not really a problem. Now, if the life we find is biologically different from life on Earth, (say, silicon based) it would help abiogenesis.

Okay, that's fair. Do you think that if someone says abiogenesis and someone else says God's creation, would this make any difference to life on other planets? I mean, couldn't God create life on other planets if those planets were life sustaining?

But I'm willing to bet that we won't find life anywhere other than Earth. I believe life can exist elsewhere, it just wont.

Why wouldn't life exist elsewhere? If a planet is life sustaining, God could indeed put life there and allow it to flourish. This shouldn't really be a problem, right?
ethang5
Posts: 20,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 6:38:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/24/2017 9:54:51 AM, coldlandlord wrote:
I fear that, even if we went to that planet, met ET's who are far more advanced than us, who had detailed scientific explanations of why we are all in the universe...

Even if they told us point blank to our face that, there is no god, the religious amongst us would STILL deny the facts and continue to believe in god! They would come up with all sorts of illogical, un-provable ideas to make their story fit in some way. New chapters would be added to the bible, the rule book would be changed.

If it was the other way around and these ET's told us that there is a god and showed us hard scientific fact of gods existence, all the atheists would hold their hands up and admit they were wrong.

Every once in a while, we get a post confirming what theists the world over know. Atheists are painfully un- self aware.
bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2017 12:54:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/26/2017 4:13:07 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 2/24/2017 8:49:19 AM, Willows wrote:
At 2/23/2017 11:11:02 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

That's actually a really interesting way to prove/disprove the existence of a God. Say we manage to come into contact with intelligent extraterrestrials, if they had a religion similar to one of our own, it could be strong evidence for the existence of a God (And of course a lack of similar religions would be strong evidence against the existence of a God).
Theists will always shift the goalposts, won't they?
It wasn't long ago that God lovers were proclaiming that there is no other life in the universe since God created the Earth specifically for all his "people with souls" to reside.

The Bible doesn't say that but you're jumping the gun a little early aren't you? Life has not yet been found anywhere other than Earth.

Now that we are possibly on the verge of discovering life on other planets the game seems to change for theists.

You're not thinking clearly. Every time we find a planet capable of hosting life and there is no life there the case gets worse for angiogenesis. This is why you guys are so gung_hi on finding life.

I can just see it now, a NASA space module taking pictures of odd-looking buildings with steep, sloping roofs with hundreds of green beings pouring into and out of said buildings.

We would have detected other life long ago if they had reached the age of fire making.

What a load of baloney theists try to put across as they jump on any bandwagon that's going, in order to justify their stupid beliefs.

Our beliefs are not threatened at all by Earth-like planets. But as we discover more and more of them, it will become harder and harder for you to explain why you cling to the illogical theory of angiogenesis.

Note Gentle Reader, How all the atheists here (and on the news) take extra-terrestrial life as a given? Why? Because they have choosen to believe abiogenesis, and life elsewhere will validate that ( in their minds). Why have they choosen to believe abiogenesis? Not because of any evidence for it. Not because of science. But because they have to. The alternative is so scary to them that they cling to a no evidence, science-contradicting theory like cultists.

But sooner or later they will have to come up with a "new" theory as the scarcity of life in the universe will no longer be able to be ignored.

My guess is that they will lie. It will come to light that it was a lie, And the science community will try to spin it as a mistake. But not until the pseudo-science atheist have all danced into the streets claiming victory.

No life has been found there yet (and these aren't the 1st Earth-like planets ever found, just the closest so far) and the dweebs seem ready to don party hats.

I wonder how they will spin no life anywhere except Earth?
Hey look everybody the thang has discovered a scarcity of life in the universe and he has a book written by ignorant goat shaggers to prove it.
Edlvsjd
Posts: 3,328
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2017 2:34:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

http://www.debate.org...
"Heck, I probably could have argued better for the flat earth- KthuluHimself"

"Yes, I'm a pseudoscientists; I don't know what an experiment is"-Ramshutu

Time is Running out
http://www.npr.org...
Edlvsjd
Posts: 3,328
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2017 2:38:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2017 7:23:00 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:12:55 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

What do you doubt?

That there is a GOD, that he created everything, that there was a Jesus. Religion is a man made up form of coping for the weak. Science keeps uncovering new planets, that might have their own civilizations, wow what a revelation it would be if there was another civilization there and they had their own religion and they said that for example it was Santa Clause that created everything not GOD

NASA, because atheists need religion too. Your blind faith in men will be the death of you. You actually believe that CGI sh!t? Tell me how this is any different than people believing in God.
"Heck, I probably could have argued better for the flat earth- KthuluHimself"

"Yes, I'm a pseudoscientists; I don't know what an experiment is"-Ramshutu

Time is Running out
http://www.npr.org...
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2017 9:26:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/26/2017 4:13:07 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 2/24/2017 8:49:19 AM, Willows wrote:
At 2/23/2017 11:11:02 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

That's actually a really interesting way to prove/disprove the existence of a God. Say we manage to come into contact with intelligent extraterrestrials, if they had a religion similar to one of our own, it could be strong evidence for the existence of a God (And of course a lack of similar religions would be strong evidence against the existence of a God).
Theists will always shift the goalposts, won't they?
It wasn't long ago that God lovers were proclaiming that there is no other life in the universe since God created the Earth specifically for all his "people with souls" to reside.

The Bible doesn't say that but you're jumping the gun a little early aren't you? Life has not yet been found anywhere other than Earth.

Now that we are possibly on the verge of discovering life on other planets the game seems to change for theists.

You're not thinking clearly. Every time we find a planet capable of hosting life and there is no life there the case gets worse for angiogenesis. This is why you guys are so gung_hi on finding life.

I can just see it now, a NASA space module taking pictures of odd-looking buildings with steep, sloping roofs with hundreds of green beings pouring into and out of said buildings.

We would have detected other life long ago if they had reached the age of fire making.

What a load of baloney theists try to put across as they jump on any bandwagon that's going, in order to justify their stupid beliefs.

Our beliefs are not threatened at all by Earth-like planets. But as we discover more and more of them, it will become harder and harder for you to explain why you cling to the illogical theory of angiogenesis.

Note Gentle Reader, How all the atheists here (and on the news) take extra-terrestrial life as a given? Why? Because they have choosen to believe abiogenesis, and life elsewhere will validate that ( in their minds). Why have they choosen to believe abiogenesis? Not because of any evidence for it. Not because of science. But because they have to. The alternative is so scary to them that they cling to a no evidence, science-contradicting theory like cultists.

But sooner or later they will have to come up with a "new" theory as the scarcity of life in the universe will no longer be able to be ignored.

My guess is that they will lie. It will come to light that it was a lie, And the science community will try to spin it as a mistake. But not until the pseudo-science atheist have all danced into the streets claiming victory.

No life has been found there yet (and these aren't the 1st Earth-like planets ever found, just the closest so far) and the dweebs seem ready to don party hats.

I wonder how they will spin no life anywhere except Earth?

I said that "we are possibly on the verge" [of discovering life]. It matters to me neither one way or the other whether we find life. The odds are that there is life out there but the chances of us finding life, or it finding us are extremely slim.

Regardless, my point is that IF life is found I could bet my bottom dollar that theists will then claim that it was God who created that life as well. So far, Christians, for example, have claimed Earth to be the one domain for human life.
KwLm
Posts: 1,690
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2017 10:36:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/27/2017 2:38:50 AM, Edlvsjd wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:23:00 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:12:55 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

What do you doubt?

That there is a GOD, that he created everything, that there was a Jesus. Religion is a man made up form of coping for the weak. Science keeps uncovering new planets, that might have their own civilizations, wow what a revelation it would be if there was another civilization there and they had their own religion and they said that for example it was Santa Clause that created everything not GOD

NASA, because atheists need religion too. Your blind faith in men will be the death of you. You actually believe that CGI sh!t? Tell me how this is any different than people believing in God.

Do you believe in the words written in a book by unknown authors about things that never happened and can not be verified in a any way whatsoever?, not to forget to mention, you you seem to wholeheartedly believe the earth is flat because you believe in your fake science, and you believe there is a ring of ice surrounding your disc world yet you've never seen it, no body has ever seen it/ videoed it/ pictured it but you believe it's there.
"Plus every unfortunate and bad things happens to us in reality are good for us" --- Abeer
dsjpk5
Posts: 5,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2017 10:55:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well,

Yes.

was there a Jesus on those planets too?


Why would that matter?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

Ok.
ethang5
Posts: 20,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2017 2:49:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/27/2017 9:26:47 AM, Willows wrote:
At 2/26/2017 4:13:07 PM, ethang5 wrote:

NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

That's actually a really interesting way to prove/disprove the existence of a God. Say we manage to come into contact with intelligent extraterrestrials, if they had a religion similar to one of our own, it could be strong evidence for the existence of a God (And of course a lack of similar religions would be strong evidence against the existence of a God).
Theists will always shift the goalposts, won't they?
It wasn't long ago that God lovers were proclaiming that there is no other life in the universe since God created the Earth specifically for all his "people with souls" to reside.

The Bible doesn't say that but you're jumping the gun a little early aren't you? Life has not yet been found anywhere other than Earth.

Now that we are possibly on the verge of discovering life on other planets the game seems to change for theists.

You're not thinking clearly. Every time we find a planet capable of hosting life and there is no life there the case gets worse for angiogenesis. This is why you guys are so gung_hi on finding life.

I can just see it now, a NASA space module taking pictures of odd-looking buildings with steep, sloping roofs with hundreds of green beings pouring into and out of said buildings.

We would have detected other life long ago if they had reached the age of fire making.

What a load of baloney theists try to put across as they jump on any bandwagon that's going, in order to justify their stupid beliefs.

Our beliefs are not threatened at all by Earth-like planets. But as we discover more and more of them, it will become harder and harder for you to explain why you cling to the illogical theory of angiogenesis.

Note Gentle Reader, How all the atheists here (and on the news) take extra-terrestrial life as a given? Why? Because they have choosen to believe abiogenesis, and life elsewhere will validate that ( in their minds). Why have they choosen to believe abiogenesis? Not because of any evidence for it. Not because of science. But because they have to. The alternative is so scary to them that they cling to a no evidence, science-contradicting theory like cultists.

But sooner or later they will have to come up with a "new" theory as the scarcity of life in the universe will no longer be able to be ignored.

My guess is that they will lie. It will come to light that it was a lie, And the science community will try to spin it as a mistake. But not until the pseudo-science atheist have all danced into the streets claiming victory.

No life has been found there yet (and these aren't the 1st Earth-like planets ever found, just the closest so far) and the dweebs seem ready to don party hats.

I wonder how they will spin no life anywhere except Earth?

I said that "we are possibly on the verge" [of discovering life].

Lol. So, we aren't on the verge yet. We are possibly on the verge of discovering life? And Christians are jumping on the verge bandwagon? You can't possibly know how stupid you are.

It matters to me neither one way or the other whether we find life.

From your silly insults and irrational accusations, it appears it does matter to you Jeb. You need life found so that your lame theory can claim at least one shread of evidence.

The odds are that there is life out there but the chances of us finding life, or it finding us are extremely slim.

Not if that life has reached the technology of radio waves. Chances of us finding them would not be slim at all.

Regardless, my point is that IF life is found I could bet my bottom dollar that theists will then claim that it was God who created that life as well.

And atheists will claim it was spontaneous. But atheist will still lack any evidence and will have to believe simply on Faith. If we do find life elsewhere, it will be replenished the way it always is. From life.

So far, Christians, for example, have claimed Earth to be the one domain for human life.

The Bible hasn't claimed that. And some atheists have claimed that too. Don't tell us what random people say, the Bible is Christianity's only authority.

Note Gentle Reader how desperately both willows and bully want their claim that the Bible says life is only on Earth to be true. They so expect to find life, they are already positioning themselves to be able to condemn the Bible. They are depending on a lie, but if it affords them the joy of castigating the Bible, they will gladly lie.

Two more losers set to eat the dust of God's word as it rolls on.
Edlvsjd
Posts: 3,328
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2017 3:02:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/27/2017 10:36:24 AM, KwLm wrote:
At 2/27/2017 2:38:50 AM, Edlvsjd wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:23:00 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:12:55 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

What do you doubt?

That there is a GOD, that he created everything, that there was a Jesus. Religion is a man made up form of coping for the weak. Science keeps uncovering new planets, that might have their own civilizations, wow what a revelation it would be if there was another civilization there and they had their own religion and they said that for example it was Santa Clause that created everything not GOD

NASA, because atheists need religion too. Your blind faith in men will be the death of you. You actually believe that CGI sh!t? Tell me how this is any different than people believing in God.

Do you believe in the words written in a book by unknown authors about things that never happened and can not be verified in a any way whatsoever?

No, not sure what book you're talking about, but I can go to the tourist attraction old giant boat that sits atop a mountain, or scuba dive in the Red Sea and verify the very many skeletonsand old chariots in a shallow section of the sea, not to mention the verifiable fact that the earth is not a ball that is 25,000 miles in circumference. I consider that book to be a better account of history than the ludicrous information that you're pushing as fact, where absolutely none of it is personally verifiable. Understand I'm not here for the clised minded people that are incapable of thinking for themselves like yourself. You're free to believe as you will. I'm here for those critical thinkers that both question everything and can help answer the real questions.

not to forget to mention, you you seem to wholeheartedly believe the earth is flat because you believe in your fake science,

Fake Sciences like computer-generated images?

and you believe there is a ring of ice surrounding your disc world yet you've never seen it,

Nice strawman there, disc world lol. You've been on the Flat Earth Society website haven't you? About re ice wall? Let me Google that for you.

http://lmgtfy.com...

body has ever seen it/ videoed it/ pictured it but you believe it's there.

That crow any good?
"Heck, I probably could have argued better for the flat earth- KthuluHimself"

"Yes, I'm a pseudoscientists; I don't know what an experiment is"-Ramshutu

Time is Running out
http://www.npr.org...
KwLm
Posts: 1,690
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2017 5:39:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/27/2017 3:02:05 PM, Edlvsjd wrote:
At 2/27/2017 10:36:24 AM, KwLm wrote:
At 2/27/2017 2:38:50 AM, Edlvsjd wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:23:00 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:12:55 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 2/23/2017 7:08:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
NASA has announced discovery of 4 new planets in the TRAPPIST-1zone, that is including 3 found last year.

Did GOD create these as well, was there a Jesus on those planets too?

Somehow I doubt it

https://www.theatlantic.com...

What do you doubt?

That there is a GOD, that he created everything, that there was a Jesus. Religion is a man made up form of coping for the weak. Science keeps uncovering new planets, that might have their own civilizations, wow what a revelation it would be if there was another civilization there and they had their own religion and they said that for example it was Santa Clause that created everything not GOD

NASA, because atheists need religion too. Your blind faith in men will be the death of you. You actually believe that CGI sh!t? Tell me how this is any different than people believing in God.

Do you believe in the words written in a book by unknown authors about things that never happened and can not be verified in a any way whatsoever?

No, not sure what book you're talking about, but I can go to the tourist attraction old giant boat that sits atop a mountain, or scuba dive in the Red Sea and verify the very many skeletonsand old chariots in a shallow section of the sea, not to mention the verifiable fact that the earth is not a ball that is 25,000 miles in circumference. I consider that book to be a better account of history than the ludicrous information that you're pushing as fact, where absolutely none of it is personally verifiable. Understand I'm not here for the clised minded people that are incapable of thinking for themselves like yourself. You're free to believe as you will. I'm here for those critical thinkers that both question everything and can help answer the real questions.


Old giant boat, not noah's but just an old giant boat. proves a lot. Skeletons and chariots in a part of the world that was a war land for thousands of years...proves nothing and yes the earth is not a ball but a spheroid https://www.scientificamerican.com....

You consider a book that doesn't even mention its authors, where they are from and when the accounts were written compared to actual scientific study, do you not see how closed minded you are, the real question? the real question is, how can people believe the tripe you spew, it shows the intellectual levels of people in this day and age have dropped at an incredible rate.

not to forget to mention, you you seem to wholeheartedly believe the earth is flat because you believe in your fake science,

Fake Sciences like computer-generated images?

CGI is used as illustration, a child would understand that.

and you believe there is a ring of ice surrounding your disc world yet you've never seen it,

Nice strawman there, disc world lol. You've been on the Flat Earth Society website haven't you? About re ice wall? Let me Google that for you.

http://lmgtfy.com...

See your mistake no, An antartic wall of ice does not stretch around the entire planet, and where's NASA supposedly blocking these photos and stopping people from going across this ice wall to the edge?

body has ever seen it/ videoed it/ pictured it but you believe it's there.

That crow any good?

Pigeon tastes better
"Plus every unfortunate and bad things happens to us in reality are good for us" --- Abeer

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.