Jump to topic:

Cryptozoology

fishhunter61
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2017 8:24:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
For a long time I've had a interest in Cryptozoology, the study of cryptids. So now i'm wondering, is anybody else interested in this? If so, name which cryptid interests you the most.
Unterseeboot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2017 11:09:04 PM
At 1/29/2017 8:24:19 PM, fishhunter61 wrote:
For a long time I've had a interest in Cryptozoology, the study of cryptids. So now i'm wondering, is anybody else interested in this? If so, name which cryptid interests you the most.

Some of the resident grouches are gonna bitch about you sticking this on the science forum, but I'm game! I think Mothman and the chupacabra interest me the most, and I swear I think I might've seen the latter one night during a camping trip in Big Bend National Forest in Texas. Though, I must confess that tequila was involved that night around the campfire so I'm sure my possible viewing will be met with severe doubt. Which I guess it should be. LOL. Here's a list on some of the more popular cryptids...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
fishhunter61
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2017 2:12:06 PM
At 1/29/2017 11:09:04 PM, Unterseeboot wrote:

Some of the resident grouches are gonna bitch about you sticking this on the science forum, but I'm game! I think Mothman and the chupacabra interest me the most, and I swear I think I might've seen the latter one night during a camping trip in Big Bend National Forest in Texas. Though, I must confess that tequila was involved that night around the campfire so I'm sure my possible viewing will be met with severe doubt. Which I guess it should be. LOL.
Even so, do you still think you actually saw it, and that it wasn't just the tequila kicking in?

Here's a list on some of the more popular cryptids...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
Yeah, there is one here that has cyptids most people haven't even heard of.
http://cryptidz.wikia.com...
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2017 1:36:43 PM

Cryptozoology is a pseudoscience, nothing about it is a valid science. Although, it would be awesome if bigfoots and the loch ness monster were real.
"Hate begets hate"
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2017 2:05:06 PM

I'm interested in Biology; the study of species.

Both biologists and Cryptozoologists will generally "follow up" alleged sightings of previously unknown animals. The main difference between biology and cryptozoology is that biologists tend to come to the conclusion that the species doesn't actually exist when multiple attempts to find it fail, and require more substantial evidence than grainy photos and video's to go out and search again.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.