Total Posts:89|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

How to fix modern relationships

Zarroette
Posts: 4,149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2018 5:31:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The relationship between women and men has eroded to the point where Feminism and Mgtow are possible. Gone are the days wherein you could have a stable relationship, filled to the brim with children, fulfillment and respect.

Here's how to return to that.

(1) Destroy hookup culture

For women, hookup culture encourages men to engage in short-term, sex-only relationships. In fact, men are so flagrantly encouraged to do this (through gossip, peer pressure etc.), that stable, strong, well-adjusted guys are becoming a needle in a haystack.

For men, women have also become incapable of long-term relationships, as that famous marriages-versus-sexual partners graph would gladly show you. Instead of reaping the rewards of being a nurturing, compassionate part of well-managed household, you now get thrown around the sexual marketplace until you're too used and old to have children.

Hookup culture must be criticised at every mentioning. If you hear a guy bragging about the "pump and dump" he had with a girl, call him a disgusting degenerate (I did). If you hear a girl seeming indifferent about her promiscuity, call her a worthless, fugly whore until she cries.

(2) Destroy pornography

Nothing has killed sex quite like pornography. Why risk rejection or social interaction when you can pleasure yourself at home?

Pornography strips sex of all its meaning, removing all its mystery and heart. Instead of the opposite sex viewing men and women as humans, now they're a thing with "nice tits", or a "nice d*ck". So, not only is sex stripped of its meaning, but humans are, too.

The internet needs to be censored. I know that will be shocking to some, but the consequences of allowing pornography are too threatening. Pornography needs to be outlawed. Consuming pornography needs to be seen as a failure.

(C) You need to take an active role in helping us restore traditional, healthy values to our societies. If you see a girl wearing only leggings for bottoms, tell her that all the guys can think about is "tearing her a*s in half" (a real quote, btw). If you see a guy being a mgtow, call him a scared virgin. If you see any kind of promiscuity, call him/her worthless prostitutes and spit in his/her face.

I'm tired of involving myself with queer, hipster, Sydney boys who have the audacity to call themselves heterosexual men. It's time to reinstate healthy gender roles.
Cenc
Posts: 318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2018 9:39:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Speaking of societal dysfunction; how was it informing the police of your much older boyfriend's alleged tax evasion? Was it a 'revenge' move?

I'd respond to some points in your post, but it's not even remotely worthwhile as I can summarize them far more consisely by saying that all you ever have to offer is emotional and sensationalist arguments. You should write for a girly magazine.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

Khaos_Mage is a naughty little boy who has continually lied, harassed members and failed to do his own homework. You cannot help this little boy as he is beyond it. My only advice is that you 'beware.'
Cenc
Posts: 318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2018 11:30:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/2/2018 10:37:28 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Any serious responses would be appreciated.

At 3/2/2018 10:37:28 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Any serious responses would be appreciated.

lol

You've made two completely unsupported contentions. Firstly, you assume that a hookup culture even exists. Statistics would indicate that millennials are having less sex than previous generations.

In regards to pornography, you've failed to show a harm that is directly connected to it. If you think that stating it 'strips sex of all its meaning, removing all its mystery and heart' constitutes a valid argument which is supported by objective truths, then you need reevaluate what your idea of an argument actually is. Your entire post has less credibility than the fatuous musings of a fourteen year old girl. It is absurd in every sense.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

Khaos_Mage is a naughty little boy who has continually lied, harassed members and failed to do his own homework. You cannot help this little boy as he is beyond it. My only advice is that you 'beware.'
Zarroette
Posts: 4,149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2018 11:35:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/2/2018 11:30:08 AM, Cenc wrote:
At 3/2/2018 10:37:28 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Any serious responses would be appreciated.

At 3/2/2018 10:37:28 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Any serious responses would be appreciated.

lol

You've made two completely unsupported contentions. Firstly, you assume that a hookup culture even exists. Statistics would indicate that millennials are having less sex than previous generations.

That facet is IRRELEVANT. QUOTE:

"A hookup culture is one that accepts and encourages casual sexual encounters, including one-night stands and other related activity, which focus on physical pleasure without necessarily including emotional bonding or long-term commitment." (https://en.wikipedia.org...)

Just so a stupid, little troll like you understands, hookup culture refers to the type of sexual encounters. The fact that there are less sexual encounters does not alter the type.


In regards to pornography, you've failed to show a harm that is directly connected to it. If you think that stating it 'strips sex of all its meaning, removing all its mystery and heart' constitutes a valid argument which is supported by objective truths, then you need reevaluate what your idea of an argument actually is. Your entire post has less credibility than the fatuous musings of a fourteen year old girl. It is absurd in every sense.

Why don't you debate me on this, Emily? Surely, that would be time better spent for you, rather than accusing me of reporting my ex in revenge, or constantly reminding me (through PMs) that I had psychiatric help... or maybe not, since you're a worthless troll.

Now scram.
Smithereens
Posts: 8,358
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2018 12:29:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
can agree with 1 and 2, the third is only appealing until you try living in a city full of asians with honour cultures that don't even make sense.

My ex lived with her parents and wasn't actually allowed to have a bf. Apparently 21 is the minimum age you're allowed to look at a guy romantically. Ofc that's just setting kids up to be emotionally immature and incompetent at life.

Traditionalist values are ill-defined are not inherently desirable. If I had a kid I'd probably let them suffer the mistakes of promiscuity, given the statistical inability for caution to be effective. School of hard knocks > your suggestion.
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017

Debate challenge 'Solipsism is false:' http://www.debate.org...
If God were real... http://www.debate.org...
Cenc
Posts: 318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2018 12:51:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/2/2018 11:35:18 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 3/2/2018 11:30:08 AM, Cenc wrote:
At 3/2/2018 10:37:28 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Any serious responses would be appreciated.

At 3/2/2018 10:37:28 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Any serious responses would be appreciated.

lol

You've made two completely unsupported contentions. Firstly, you assume that a hookup culture even exists. Statistics would indicate that millennials are having less sex than previous generations.

That facet is IRRELEVANT. QUOTE:

"A hookup culture is one that accepts and encourages casual sexual encounters, including one-night stands and other related activity, which focus on physical pleasure without necessarily including emotional bonding or long-term commitment." (https://en.wikipedia.org...)

Just so a stupid, little troll like you understands, hookup culture refers to the type of sexual encounters. The fact that there are less sexual encounters does not alter the type.


It appears that you've failed to adequately read what I said - which was that you've assumed a 'hookup culture' actually exists and is a part of millennial culture. The very idea of it is degraded by the fact that millennials do on average have less sex than generations before them - I.e people who lived during a period in which no such concept was recognized.

In regards to pornography, you've failed to show a harm that is directly connected to it. If you think that stating it 'strips sex of all its meaning, removing all its mystery and heart' constitutes a valid argument which is supported by objective truths, then you need reevaluate what your idea of an argument actually is. Your entire post has less credibility than the fatuous musings of a fourteen year old girl. It is absurd in every sense.

Why don't you debate me on this, Emily? Surely, that would be time better spent for you, rather than accusing me of reporting my ex in revenge, or constantly reminding me (through PMs) that I had psychiatric help... or maybe not, since you're a worthless troll.

I said I'd debate you on abortion or anything related to medicine or science.

You also do need psychiatric help. I will remind you that you are the one who sends PM's. After making my second post in this thread, I had eight newly sent messages from you in my inbox - all completely deranged, of course. It's hilarious that you felt the need to boast about your ELO record and 130 IQ - as well as when you referred to my 'fragile male ego.' I find you thoroughly transparent and laughable.

I suppose, I should expect nothing less from someone with borderline personality disorder. My advice to you is that you start seeing a psychiatrist again, immediately. You've already proven yourself to be a liability within society by getting two different people in trouble with the police, lol.

Now scram.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

Khaos_Mage is a naughty little boy who has continually lied, harassed members and failed to do his own homework. You cannot help this little boy as he is beyond it. My only advice is that you 'beware.'
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 6,352
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2018 1:31:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/2/2018 5:31:15 AM, Zarroette wrote:
The relationship between women and men has eroded to the point where Feminism and Mgtow are possible. Gone are the days wherein you could have a stable relationship, filled to the brim with children, fulfillment and respect.

Here's how to return to that.

(1) Destroy hookup culture

For women, hookup culture encourages men to engage in short-term, sex-only relationships. In fact, men are so flagrantly encouraged to do this (through gossip, peer pressure etc.), that stable, strong, well-adjusted guys are becoming a needle in a haystack.

For men, women have also become incapable of long-term relationships, as that famous marriages-versus-sexual partners graph would gladly show you. Instead of reaping the rewards of being a nurturing, compassionate part of well-managed household, you now get thrown around the sexual marketplace until you're too used and old to have children.

Hookup culture must be criticised at every mentioning. If you hear a guy bragging about the "pump and dump" he had with a girl, call him a disgusting degenerate (I did). If you hear a girl seeming indifferent about her promiscuity, call her a worthless, fugly whore until she cries.

(2) Destroy pornography

Nothing has killed sex quite like pornography. Why risk rejection or social interaction when you can pleasure yourself at home?

Pornography strips sex of all its meaning, removing all its mystery and heart. Instead of the opposite sex viewing men and women as humans, now they're a thing with "nice tits", or a "nice d*ck". So, not only is sex stripped of its meaning, but humans are, too.

The internet needs to be censored. I know that will be shocking to some, but the consequences of allowing pornography are too threatening. Pornography needs to be outlawed. Consuming pornography needs to be seen as a failure.

(C) You need to take an active role in helping us restore traditional, healthy values to our societies. If you see a girl wearing only leggings for bottoms, tell her that all the guys can think about is "tearing her a*s in half" (a real quote, btw). If you see a guy being a mgtow, call him a scared virgin. If you see any kind of promiscuity, call him/her worthless prostitutes and spit in his/her face.

I'm tired of involving myself with queer, hipster, Sydney boys who have the audacity to call themselves heterosexual men. It's time to reinstate healthy gender roles.

I agree with your points but these things aren't going away, you can't change human behavior. Porn is not going away, it makes too much money from viewership.

But I do agree with your points, unfortunately there are many that won't feel the same way, so you can only follow these points yourself
kevin24018
Posts: 6,891
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2018 1:51:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/2/2018 10:37:28 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Any serious responses would be appreciated.

I think history has shown that it's true. Factor in other cultures, even ones that arrange marriages, then look at the divorce rate just as one facet.
Bennett91 the liar http://www.debate.org...
Leaning
Posts: 2,798
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2018 2:03:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think that marriage is no longer needed for survival purposes nowadays, so since it's less vital, it's not placed on a pedestal anymore. The value that people must have/be in a traditional family and that divorce is immoral exists less than it used to.

I don't think we're going to fix it. It'll have to adapt to us and it's new environment. Naturally and in time.

For individual advice I would say get to know a person for at least a couple years before you marry them and don't be a moron/jerk in your relationship. (Which isn't all that helpful advice really)
Devilry
Posts: 5,099
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2018 4:31:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm fairly well content with the state of my relationships, so no thank you. Also people just aren't as shallow as you're making out. Sure sex isn't so chained down anymore, and people are having fun with that, but there's still plenty of meaning to be had in relationships. Maybe think about lightening up a little. Have fun. I mean maybe it's all just lust, but there's a lot of pretty going on.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Geographia
Posts: 2,179
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2018 7:51:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/2/2018 5:31:15 AM, Zarroette wrote:
The relationship between women and men has eroded to the point where Feminism and Mgtow are possible. Gone are the days wherein you could have a stable relationship, filled to the brim with children, fulfillment and respect.

Here's how to return to that.

(1) Destroy hookup culture

For women, hookup culture encourages men to engage in short-term, sex-only relationships. In fact, men are so flagrantly encouraged to do this (through gossip, peer pressure etc.), that stable, strong, well-adjusted guys are becoming a needle in a haystack.

For men, women have also become incapable of long-term relationships, as that famous marriages-versus-sexual partners graph would gladly show you. Instead of reaping the rewards of being a nurturing, compassionate part of well-managed household, you now get thrown around the sexual marketplace until you're too used and old to have children.

Hookup culture must be criticised at every mentioning. If you hear a guy bragging about the "pump and dump" he had with a girl, call him a disgusting degenerate (I did). If you hear a girl seeming indifferent about her promiscuity, call her a worthless, fugly whore until she cries.

(2) Destroy pornography

Nothing has killed sex quite like pornography. Why risk rejection or social interaction when you can pleasure yourself at home?

Pornography strips sex of all its meaning, removing all its mystery and heart. Instead of the opposite sex viewing men and women as humans, now they're a thing with "nice tits", or a "nice d*ck". So, not only is sex stripped of its meaning, but humans are, too.

The internet needs to be censored. I know that will be shocking to some, but the consequences of allowing pornography are too threatening. Pornography needs to be outlawed. Consuming pornography needs to be seen as a failure.

(C) You need to take an active role in helping us restore traditional, healthy values to our societies. If you see a girl wearing only leggings for bottoms, tell her that all the guys can think about is "tearing her a*s in half" (a real quote, btw). If you see a guy being a mgtow, call him a scared virgin. If you see any kind of promiscuity, call him/her worthless prostitutes and spit in his/her face.

I'm tired of involving myself with queer, hipster, Sydney boys who have the audacity to call themselves heterosexual men. It's time to reinstate healthy gender roles.

Did you do this?
Athias
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2018 10:34:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/2/2018 5:31:15 AM, Zarroette wrote:
The relationship between women and men has eroded to the point where Feminism and Mgtow are possible. Gone are the days wherein you could have a stable relationship, filled to the brim with children, fulfillment and respect.

Here's how to return to that.

(1) Destroy hookup culture

For women, hookup culture encourages men to engage in short-term, sex-only relationships. In fact, men are so flagrantly encouraged to do this (through gossip, peer pressure etc.), that stable, strong, well-adjusted guys are becoming a needle in a haystack.

For men, women have also become incapable of long-term relationships, as that famous marriages-versus-sexual partners graph would gladly show you. Instead of reaping the rewards of being a nurturing, compassionate part of well-managed household, you now get thrown around the sexual marketplace until you're too used and old to have children.

Hookup culture must be criticised at every mentioning. If you hear a guy bragging about the "pump and dump" he had with a girl, call him a disgusting degenerate (I did). If you hear a girl seeming indifferent about her promiscuity, call her a worthless, fugly whore until she cries.

(2) Destroy pornography

Nothing has killed sex quite like pornography. Why risk rejection or social interaction when you can pleasure yourself at home?

Pornography strips sex of all its meaning, removing all its mystery and heart. Instead of the opposite sex viewing men and women as humans, now they're a thing with "nice tits", or a "nice d*ck". So, not only is sex stripped of its meaning, but humans are, too.

The internet needs to be censored. I know that will be shocking to some, but the consequences of allowing pornography are too threatening. Pornography needs to be outlawed. Consuming pornography needs to be seen as a failure.

(C) You need to take an active role in helping us restore traditional, healthy values to our societies. If you see a girl wearing only leggings for bottoms, tell her that all the guys can think about is "tearing her a*s in half" (a real quote, btw). If you see a guy being a mgtow, call him a scared virgin. If you see any kind of promiscuity, call him/her worthless prostitutes and spit in his/her face.

I'm tired of involving myself with queer, hipster, Sydney boys who have the audacity to call themselves heterosexual men. It's time to reinstate healthy gender roles.

It depends on what one is trying to gain. Using myself as an example, I'm not interested in any relationship with a female. I'm interested in only sex. Don't get me wrong, I believe a stable relationship between men and women can be incredibly productive, especially as it concerns the rearing of children.

But you have misrepresented the culpability men and women bear in the current dysfunction of their relationships. MGTOW is a relatively new phenomena among men. And--at best--it's a response to the ever increasing liability men face when engaging the female. (In reality, I believe MGTOW is nothing more than a mirror image of feminism.) And women (not all, obviously) not only have stood idly by while this happened, but they've galvanized behind efforts to increase said liability.

And women have allowed themselves to be manipulated because more often than not, women are emotionally responsive. And if you trust the studies, women bear the emotional profile of children especially as it relates to anxiety and fear. (Look it up.) This is the reason delusions take root easily among females, e.g. feminism and #MeToo. A while back, I had a debate with someone here about the direction of #MeToo. I exposed that it had no real plan. And these movements never have a plan. Because that's not the M.O. Their "goals" so to speak are to reinforce the insecurities of women. Do you ever see these movements recommend counseling or productive ways in which to build self-esteem? No. Instead they instigate anger and fear with in their delusions of dissonant group-think, led by women (but in reality, Marxist bankers) who I honestly believe suffer from penis envy.

Men will not assume traditional gender roles when they've been demonized for it. Protecting a female partner with whom he has an intimate relationship is sexist chauvinism; desiring his girlfriend, wife or potential prospect, particularly for parts which amplify said desire (i.e. breasts, butt, hips, waistline, etc.) is "sexual objection," an idea which makes absolutely no sense. Feminism and these other identity poltics sought the kowtow of politically involved men and got it, regardless of the MGTOW and MRA movements. Feminism has not ever liberated nor will it ever liberate women. It infantilizes them, plunging them into an abyss of self-destruction. (And this is done on purpose.) Don't blame "hook-up" culture or "internet pornography." Those are specks of dust in the oceanic crusade to erode whatever net-benefit men can gain in engaging females. Start in-house, Zarroette.
Zarroette
Posts: 4,149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2018 12:44:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/2/2018 12:51:02 PM, Cenc wrote:
At 3/2/2018 11:35:18 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 3/2/2018 11:30:08 AM, Cenc wrote:
At 3/2/2018 10:37:28 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Any serious responses would be appreciated.

At 3/2/2018 10:37:28 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Any serious responses would be appreciated.

lol

You've made two completely unsupported contentions. Firstly, you assume that a hookup culture even exists. Statistics would indicate that millennials are having less sex than previous generations.

That facet is IRRELEVANT. QUOTE:

"A hookup culture is one that accepts and encourages casual sexual encounters, including one-night stands and other related activity, which focus on physical pleasure without necessarily including emotional bonding or long-term commitment." (https://en.wikipedia.org...)

Just so a stupid, little troll like you understands, hookup culture refers to the type of sexual encounters. The fact that there are less sexual encounters does not alter the type.


It appears that you've failed to adequately read what I said - which was that you've assumed a 'hookup culture' actually exists and is a part of millennial culture.

Do excuse me. I presumed that, since you purport to be 23 years old, that you occasionally step outside of your house, and attend a nightclub or bar, and thus see the hookup culture.

Perhaps you're a Mormon or allergic to girls.

The very idea of it is degraded by the fact that millennials do on average have less sex than generations before them

Total non-sequitur. Even if millennials are having less sex (you provided no evidence of this), concluding that hookup culture does not exist for these still having sex, does not follow.

- I.e people who lived during a period in which no such concept was recognized.

Labels can be given ad-hoc and accurately reflect meaning.


In regards to pornography, you've failed to show a harm that is directly connected to it. If you think that stating it 'strips sex of all its meaning, removing all its mystery and heart' constitutes a valid argument which is supported by objective truths, then you need reevaluate what your idea of an argument actually is. Your entire post has less credibility than the fatuous musings of a fourteen year old girl. It is absurd in every sense.

Why don't you debate me on this, Emily? Surely, that would be time better spent for you, rather than accusing me of reporting my ex in revenge, or constantly reminding me (through PMs) that I had psychiatric help... or maybe not, since you're a worthless troll.

I said I'd debate you on abortion or anything related to medicine or science.

You also do need psychiatric help. I will remind you that you are the one who sends PM's. After making my second post in this thread, I had eight newly sent messages from you in my inbox - all completely deranged, of course. It's hilarious that you felt the need to boast about your ELO record and 130 IQ - as well as when you referred to my 'fragile male ego.' I find you thoroughly transparent and laughable.

I suppose, I should expect nothing less from someone with borderline personality disorder. My advice to you is that you start seeing a psychiatrist again, immediately. You've already proven yourself to be a liability within society by getting two different people in trouble with the police, lol.

Is that the best you've got, trollie?


Now scram.
Zarroette
Posts: 4,149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2018 12:48:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/2/2018 1:31:03 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 3/2/2018 5:31:15 AM, Zarroette wrote:
The relationship between women and men has eroded to the point where Feminism and Mgtow are possible. Gone are the days wherein you could have a stable relationship, filled to the brim with children, fulfillment and respect.

Here's how to return to that.

(1) Destroy hookup culture

For women, hookup culture encourages men to engage in short-term, sex-only relationships. In fact, men are so flagrantly encouraged to do this (through gossip, peer pressure etc.), that stable, strong, well-adjusted guys are becoming a needle in a haystack.

For men, women have also become incapable of long-term relationships, as that famous marriages-versus-sexual partners graph would gladly show you. Instead of reaping the rewards of being a nurturing, compassionate part of well-managed household, you now get thrown around the sexual marketplace until you're too used and old to have children.

Hookup culture must be criticised at every mentioning. If you hear a guy bragging about the "pump and dump" he had with a girl, call him a disgusting degenerate (I did). If you hear a girl seeming indifferent about her promiscuity, call her a worthless, fugly whore until she cries.

(2) Destroy pornography

Nothing has killed sex quite like pornography. Why risk rejection or social interaction when you can pleasure yourself at home?

Pornography strips sex of all its meaning, removing all its mystery and heart. Instead of the opposite sex viewing men and women as humans, now they're a thing with "nice tits", or a "nice d*ck". So, not only is sex stripped of its meaning, but humans are, too.

The internet needs to be censored. I know that will be shocking to some, but the consequences of allowing pornography are too threatening. Pornography needs to be outlawed. Consuming pornography needs to be seen as a failure.

(C) You need to take an active role in helping us restore traditional, healthy values to our societies. If you see a girl wearing only leggings for bottoms, tell her that all the guys can think about is "tearing her a*s in half" (a real quote, btw). If you see a guy being a mgtow, call him a scared virgin. If you see any kind of promiscuity, call him/her worthless prostitutes and spit in his/her face.

I'm tired of involving myself with queer, hipster, Sydney boys who have the audacity to call themselves heterosexual men. It's time to reinstate healthy gender roles.

I agree with your points but these things aren't going away, you can't change human behavior. Porn is not going away, it makes too much money from viewership.

If it were illegal, I think there would be change. Add jailtime to offenders, and you can change behaviour.

You can change human behaviour, just not the instincts ingrained in us through evolution.


But I do agree with your points, unfortunately there are many that won't feel the same way, so you can only follow these points yourself

Why won't people feel the same way?
Zarroette
Posts: 4,149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2018 12:54:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/2/2018 4:31:14 PM, Devilry wrote:
I'm fairly well content with the state of my relationships, so no thank you.

You're entitled to your wrong opinion.

Also people just aren't as shallow as you're making out. Sure sex isn't so chained down anymore, and people are having fun with that, but there's still plenty of meaning to be had in relationships.

Right so "fun" is a meaningful reason to enter a relationship, and isn't shallow at all.

Please tell me how "fun" helps keep people together in a marriage. Please tell me how "fun" helps keep a child alive.

Hedonistic idealism.

Maybe think about lightening up a little. Have fun. I mean maybe it's all just lust,

And you said people aren't shallow...

but there's a lot of pretty going on.

Yep, plenty of degeneracy "going on".
Zarroette
Posts: 4,149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2018 12:54:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/2/2018 7:51:49 PM, Geographia wrote:
At 3/2/2018 5:31:15 AM, Zarroette wrote:
The relationship between women and men has eroded to the point where Feminism and Mgtow are possible. Gone are the days wherein you could have a stable relationship, filled to the brim with children, fulfillment and respect.

Here's how to return to that.

(1) Destroy hookup culture

For women, hookup culture encourages men to engage in short-term, sex-only relationships. In fact, men are so flagrantly encouraged to do this (through gossip, peer pressure etc.), that stable, strong, well-adjusted guys are becoming a needle in a haystack.

For men, women have also become incapable of long-term relationships, as that famous marriages-versus-sexual partners graph would gladly show you. Instead of reaping the rewards of being a nurturing, compassionate part of well-managed household, you now get thrown around the sexual marketplace until you're too used and old to have children.

Hookup culture must be criticised at every mentioning. If you hear a guy bragging about the "pump and dump" he had with a girl, call him a disgusting degenerate (I did). If you hear a girl seeming indifferent about her promiscuity, call her a worthless, fugly whore until she cries.

(2) Destroy pornography

Nothing has killed sex quite like pornography. Why risk rejection or social interaction when you can pleasure yourself at home?

Pornography strips sex of all its meaning, removing all its mystery and heart. Instead of the opposite sex viewing men and women as humans, now they're a thing with "nice tits", or a "nice d*ck". So, not only is sex stripped of its meaning, but humans are, too.

The internet needs to be censored. I know that will be shocking to some, but the consequences of allowing pornography are too threatening. Pornography needs to be outlawed. Consuming pornography needs to be seen as a failure.

(C) You need to take an active role in helping us restore traditional, healthy values to our societies. If you see a girl wearing only leggings for bottoms, tell her that all the guys can think about is "tearing her a*s in half" (a real quote, btw). If you see a guy being a mgtow, call him a scared virgin. If you see any kind of promiscuity, call him/her worthless prostitutes and spit in his/her face.

I'm tired of involving myself with queer, hipster, Sydney boys who have the audacity to call themselves heterosexual men. It's time to reinstate healthy gender roles.

Did you do this?

Not irl (yet).
bsh7000
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2018 1:01:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/2/2018 5:31:15 AM, Zarroette wrote:
(1) Destroy hookup culture

I agree that this is problematic. Probably not as bad as many make it out to be, but it certainly should be limited.

(2) Destroy pornography

Disagree.
I'm a Bish.

Debate Challenge Section Mod


Debate Me: http://www.debate.org...
Devilry
Posts: 5,099
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2018 1:03:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/3/2018 12:54:07 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 3/2/2018 4:31:14 PM, Devilry wrote:
I'm fairly well content with the state of my relationships, so no thank you.

You're entitled to your wrong opinion.

Also people just aren't as shallow as you're making out. Sure sex isn't so chained down anymore, and people are having fun with that, but there's still plenty of meaning to be had in relationships.

Right so "fun" is a meaningful reason to enter a relationship, and isn't shallow at all.

Please tell me how "fun" helps keep people together in a marriage. Please tell me how "fun" helps keep a child alive.

Hedonistic idealism.

Maybe think about lightening up a little. Have fun. I mean maybe it's all just lust,

And you said people aren't shallow...

There ain't nothing shallow about the depth of feeling one can find in it. How enduring that feeling might be is another thing.

but there's a lot of pretty going on.

Yep, plenty of degeneracy "going on".

You're entitled to miss out on living crying about the world on here.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Devilry
Posts: 5,099
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2018 1:07:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm fairly positive I've had more meaningful and beautiful one night stands than a lot of people have had relationships.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Cenc
Posts: 318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2018 1:20:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/3/2018 12:44:41 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 3/2/2018 12:51:02 PM, Cenc wrote:
At 3/2/2018 11:35:18 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 3/2/2018 11:30:08 AM, Cenc wrote:
At 3/2/2018 10:37:28 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Any serious responses would be appreciated.

At 3/2/2018 10:37:28 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Any serious responses would be appreciated.

lol

You've made two completely unsupported contentions. Firstly, you assume that a hookup culture even exists. Statistics would indicate that millennials are having less sex than previous generations.

That facet is IRRELEVANT. QUOTE:

"A hookup culture is one that accepts and encourages casual sexual encounters, including one-night stands and other related activity, which focus on physical pleasure without necessarily including emotional bonding or long-term commitment." (https://en.wikipedia.org...)

Just so a stupid, little troll like you understands, hookup culture refers to the type of sexual encounters. The fact that there are less sexual encounters does not alter the type.


It appears that you've failed to adequately read what I said - which was that you've assumed a 'hookup culture' actually exists and is a part of millennial culture.

Do excuse me. I presumed that, since you purport to be 23 years old, that you occasionally step outside of your house, and attend a nightclub or bar, and thus see the hookup culture.

People have been having casual sex for centuries without there being any proposed culture to or label for it. A culture is defined as: the beliefs, way of life, art, and customs that are shared and accepted by people in a particular society.

Thus, there is no such thing as a 'hookup culture'. It may be something that some people engage in, but it does not widely apply to any specific society. A 'culture' is something that has to be the norm.

Perhaps you're a Mormon or allergic to girls.

That's remarkable - how did you guess? I am indeed both of those things.

The very idea of it is degraded by the fact that millennials do on average have less sex than generations before them

Total non-sequitur. Even if millennials are having less sex (you provided no evidence of this), concluding that hookup culture does not exist for these still having sex, does not follow.

That you're not even aware of statistics showing that millennials are having less sex, proves what little research you actually do when you start these topics - it was the same in your abortion thread. The fact is that you genuinely know fuckall.

'American adults had sex about nine fewer times per year in the early 2010s compared to the late 1990s in data from the nationally representative General Social Survey, N = 26,620, 1989"2014. This was partially due to the higher percentage of unpartnered individuals, who have sex less frequently on average.'

'With age and time period controlled, those born in the 1930s (Silent generation) had sex the most often, whereas those born in the 1990s (Millennials and iGen) had sex the least often.'

[1.] https://link.springer.com...


- I.e people who lived during a period in which no such concept was recognized.

Labels can be given ad-hoc and accurately reflect meaning.


In regards to pornography, you've failed to show a harm that is directly connected to it. If you think that stating it 'strips sex of all its meaning, removing all its mystery and heart' constitutes a valid argument which is supported by objective truths, then you need reevaluate what your idea of an argument actually is. Your entire post has less credibility than the fatuous musings of a fourteen year old girl. It is absurd in every sense.

Why don't you debate me on this, Emily? Surely, that would be time better spent for you, rather than accusing me of reporting my ex in revenge, or constantly reminding me (through PMs) that I had psychiatric help... or maybe not, since you're a worthless troll.

I said I'd debate you on abortion or anything related to medicine or science.

You also do need psychiatric help. I will remind you that you are the one who sends PM's. After making my second post in this thread, I had eight newly sent messages from you in my inbox - all completely deranged, of course. It's hilarious that you felt the need to boast about your ELO record and 130 IQ - as well as when you referred to my 'fragile male ego.' I find you thoroughly transparent and laughable.

I suppose, I should expect nothing less from someone with borderline personality disorder. My advice to you is that you start seeing a psychiatrist again, immediately. You've already proven yourself to be a liability within society by getting two different people in trouble with the police, lol.

Is that the best you've got, trollie?

It is my informed advice.


Now scram.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

Khaos_Mage is a naughty little boy who has continually lied, harassed members and failed to do his own homework. You cannot help this little boy as he is beyond it. My only advice is that you 'beware.'
Zarroette
Posts: 4,149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2018 2:24:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/3/2018 1:20:40 AM, Cenc wrote:
At 3/3/2018 12:44:41 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 3/2/2018 12:51:02 PM, Cenc wrote:
At 3/2/2018 11:35:18 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 3/2/2018 11:30:08 AM, Cenc wrote:
At 3/2/2018 10:37:28 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Any serious responses would be appreciated.

At 3/2/2018 10:37:28 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Any serious responses would be appreciated.

lol

You've made two completely unsupported contentions. Firstly, you assume that a hookup culture even exists. Statistics would indicate that millennials are having less sex than previous generations.

That facet is IRRELEVANT. QUOTE:

"A hookup culture is one that accepts and encourages casual sexual encounters, including one-night stands and other related activity, which focus on physical pleasure without necessarily including emotional bonding or long-term commitment." (https://en.wikipedia.org...)

Just so a stupid, little troll like you understands, hookup culture refers to the type of sexual encounters. The fact that there are less sexual encounters does not alter the type.


It appears that you've failed to adequately read what I said - which was that you've assumed a 'hookup culture' actually exists and is a part of millennial culture.

Do excuse me. I presumed that, since you purport to be 23 years old, that you occasionally step outside of your house, and attend a nightclub or bar, and thus see the hookup culture.

People have been having casual sex for centuries without there being any proposed culture to or label for it.

But is it at the rate we currently witness?

A culture is defined as: the beliefs, way of life, art, and customs that are shared and accepted by people in a particular society.

"A hookup culture is one that accepts and encourages casual sexual encounters, including one-night stands and other related activity, which focus on physical pleasure without necessarily including emotional bonding or long-term commitment."

Increase in casual sex encounters:

* Compared to the previous generation, today's youth are having more casual sex, and building fewer long-term relationships

(https://theconversation.com...)

Lack of long-term commitments:

* Marriage rates are steadily falling, with a drop of 500,000 since 1980 (the peak in marriages)
* Barely more than half of American adults are living with a spouse, the lowest ever recorded
* The same trend can be found in other Western nation with hookup culture, such as Australia
* "About 81% of American women did not enjoy their brief encounters as much as they hoped they would."

(https://theconversation.com...)
(https://www.psychologytoday.com...)

Thus, there is no such thing as a 'hookup culture'. It may be something that some people engage in, but it does not widely apply to any specific society. A 'culture' is something that has to be the norm.

Perhaps you're a Mormon or allergic to girls.

That's remarkable - how did you guess? I am indeed both of those things.

The very idea of it is degraded by the fact that millennials do on average have less sex than generations before them

Total non-sequitur. Even if millennials are having less sex (you provided no evidence of this), concluding that hookup culture does not exist for these still having sex, does not follow.

'American adults had sex about nine fewer times per year in the early 2010s compared to the late 1990s in data from the nationally representative General Social Survey, N = 26,620, 1989"2014. This was partially due to the higher percentage of unpartnered individuals, who have sex less frequently on average.'

'With age and time period controlled, those born in the 1930s (Silent generation) had sex the most often, whereas those born in the 1990s (Millennials and iGen) had sex the least often.'

[1.] https://link.springer.com...

Hookup culture pertains to type of sexual encounters, rather than frequency.

You can provide statistics all you like. The fact is that your argument is a non-sequitur, and you continuously humiliate yourself in front of the whole site.



- I.e people who lived during a period in which no such concept was recognized.

Labels can be given ad-hoc and accurately reflect meaning.
Cenc
Posts: 318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2018 2:43:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/3/2018 2:24:54 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 3/3/2018 1:20:40 AM, Cenc wrote:
At 3/3/2018 12:44:41 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 3/2/2018 12:51:02 PM, Cenc wrote:
At 3/2/2018 11:35:18 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 3/2/2018 11:30:08 AM, Cenc wrote:
At 3/2/2018 10:37:28 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Any serious responses would be appreciated.

At 3/2/2018 10:37:28 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Any serious responses would be appreciated.

lol

You've made two completely unsupported contentions. Firstly, you assume that a hookup culture even exists. Statistics would indicate that millennials are having less sex than previous generations.

That facet is IRRELEVANT. QUOTE:

"A hookup culture is one that accepts and encourages casual sexual encounters, including one-night stands and other related activity, which focus on physical pleasure without necessarily including emotional bonding or long-term commitment." (https://en.wikipedia.org...)

Just so a stupid, little troll like you understands, hookup culture refers to the type of sexual encounters. The fact that there are less sexual encounters does not alter the type.


It appears that you've failed to adequately read what I said - which was that you've assumed a 'hookup culture' actually exists and is a part of millennial culture.

Do excuse me. I presumed that, since you purport to be 23 years old, that you occasionally step outside of your house, and attend a nightclub or bar, and thus see the hookup culture.

People have been having casual sex for centuries without there being any proposed culture to or label for it.

But is it at the rate we currently witness?

lol

As the information that I've provided shows; it is at a lesser rate. It's an objective truth that casual sex, and indeed sex within relationships, was more pronounced in
the 20th century and in the centuries preceding it than it is now.

A culture is defined as: the beliefs, way of life, art, and customs that are shared and accepted by people in a particular society.

"A hookup culture is one that accepts and encourages casual sexual encounters, including one-night stands and other related activity, which focus on physical pleasure without necessarily including emotional bonding or long-term commitment."

Re-copying and pasting something will not make it more valid.

Increase in casual sex encounters:

* Compared to the previous generation, today's youth are having more casual sex, and building fewer long-term relationships

(https://theconversation.com...)

They are not having more casual sex. The source I linked [which is more credible] shows that decline in marriage makes no difference - millennials have less casual sex and less sex in relationships.

Lack of long-term commitments:

* Marriage rates are steadily falling, with a drop of 500,000 since 1980 (the peak in marriages)
* Barely more than half of American adults are living with a spouse, the lowest ever recorded
* The same trend can be found in other Western nation with hookup culture, such as Australia
* "About 81% of American women did not enjoy their brief encounters as much as they hoped they would."

See above. Millennials are having less sex overall, which means that a.) they are having less casual sex and b.) they are having less married sex. To provide further insight:

'Baby boomers, the highly educated, parents of school-age children, and people who do not use pornography saw the biggest declines in sex frequency. The study also finds the "marriage effect," the pattern of much higher sexual frequency and enjoyment for married folks compared to single counterparts, seems to have diminished over the past 25 years.'

[2.] http://thefederalist.com...


(https://theconversation.com...)
(https://www.psychologytoday.com...)

Thus, there is no such thing as a 'hookup culture'. It may be something that some people engage in, but it does not widely apply to any specific society. A 'culture' is something that has to be the norm.

Perhaps you're a Mormon or allergic to girls.

That's remarkable - how did you guess? I am indeed both of those things.

The very idea of it is degraded by the fact that millennials do on average have less sex than generations before them

Total non-sequitur. Even if millennials are having less sex (you provided no evidence of this), concluding that hookup culture does not exist for these still having sex, does not follow.

'American adults had sex about nine fewer times per year in the early 2010s compared to the late 1990s in data from the nationally representative General Social Survey, N = 26,620, 1989"2014. This was partially due to the higher percentage of unpartnered individuals, who have sex less frequently on average.'

'With age and time period controlled, those born in the 1930s (Silent generation) had sex the most often, whereas those born in the 1990s (Millennials and iGen) had sex the least often.'

[1.] https://link.springer.com...

Hookup culture pertains to type of sexual encounters, rather than frequency.

You can provide statistics all you like. The fact is that your argument is a non-sequitur, and you continuously humiliate yourself in front of the whole site.



- I.e people who lived during a period in which no such concept was recognized.

Labels can be given ad-hoc and accurately reflect meaning.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

Khaos_Mage is a naughty little boy who has continually lied, harassed members and failed to do his own homework. You cannot help this little boy as he is beyond it. My only advice is that you 'beware.'
FaustianJustice
Posts: 9,590
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2018 3:15:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
People have been having casual sex for centuries without there being any proposed culture to or label for it.

This is not true. Casual sex, prior to roughly the 60's, was something done in as discreetly as possible. There were social ramifications to being a 'player' or 'slut', none of which were good.

A culture is defined as: the beliefs, way of life, art, and customs that are shared and accepted by people in a particular society.

Indeed. Casual sex is NOW accepted as nothing more than a fad: its no longer taboo, a guy or girl casually talks about a few sexual encounters and no one bats an eye. Casual sex, IE, a hook up culture (one without the underpinnings of monogamy and marriage) has become a 'norm'.


Thus, there is no such thing as a 'hookup culture'. It may be something that some people engage in, but it does not widely apply to any specific society. A 'culture' is something that has to be the norm.

And you don't think the acceptance of casual sex, compared to say... 60 years ago has shifted? It very much is the 'norm', now as opposed to its tolerance from previous decades. That Tindr, and other assorted 'hook up apps' exist show that such a culture has become so prevalent, it even has a tool to its regularity.
I think Z has nailed her point on this.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Cenc
Posts: 318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2018 3:33:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/3/2018 3:15:27 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
People have been having casual sex for centuries without there being any proposed culture to or label for it.

This is not true. Casual sex, prior to roughly the 60's, was something done in as discreetly as possible.

According to the statistics [see source #1] it is indeed true.

There were social ramifications to being a 'player' or 'slut', none of which were good.

That did not prevent people from having casual sex. 'Discretion' merely means that it was less open, not that it didn't happen.

A culture is defined as: the beliefs, way of life, art, and customs that are shared and accepted by people in a particular society.

Indeed. Casual sex is NOW accepted as nothing more than a fad: its no longer taboo, a guy or girl casually talks about a few sexual encounters and no one bats an eye. Casual sex, IE, a hook up culture (one without the underpinnings of monogamy and marriage) has become a 'norm'.

Once again, something can only be a 'norm' if it is both widely accepted and practiced. The 'hookup culture' is not.


Thus, there is no such thing as a 'hookup culture'. It may be something that some people engage in, but it does not widely apply to any specific society. A 'culture' is something that has to be the norm.

And you don't think the acceptance of casual sex, compared to say... 60 years ago has shifted?

An increase in acceptance does not equate practice of the said activity that is being accepted. I accept that some individuals may want to engage in casual sex - but that does not necessarily mean I engage in it myself.

It very much is the 'norm', now as opposed to its tolerance from previous decades. That Tindr, and other assorted 'hook up apps' exist show that such a culture has become so prevalent, it even has a tool to its regularity.

There's a wide variety of different applications available via the web. Applications that are catered to dating are simply a part of social media as a whole. On a global level, less people subscribe to dating applications than people who do. They are, in essence, a minority.

I think Z has nailed her point on this.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

Khaos_Mage is a naughty little boy who has continually lied, harassed members and failed to do his own homework. You cannot help this little boy as he is beyond it. My only advice is that you 'beware.'
FaustianJustice
Posts: 9,590
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2018 4:06:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/3/2018 3:33:15 AM, Cenc wrote:
At 3/3/2018 3:15:27 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
People have been having casual sex for centuries without there being any proposed culture to or label for it.

This is not true. Casual sex, prior to roughly the 60's, was something done in as discreetly as possible.

According to the statistics [see source #1] it is indeed true.

No, its not. You don't see what I am objecting to: "without there being any proposed culture to or label for it". There was no proposed label or culture because people weren't supposed to be engaging in it, there was stigma. A slutty woman was a pariah, now she is a reality TV star. A male whom played around was a cad, a scam artist, one to be avoided.

'discreet' and 'frequent' aren't related to one another. Doing something infrequently but without consequence or repercussion would mean no matter how infrequent, it was still a 'norm', it was socially accepted.

There were social ramifications to being a 'player' or 'slut', none of which were good.

That did not prevent people from having casual sex. 'Discretion' merely means that it was less open, not that it didn't happen.

How ever it was still frowned upon. That seems to be the point you are not wanting to recognize: its not a socially accepted norm if hiding in the shadows and doing something 100 times is not okay, but doing something plainly, in the open once, is no big deal. "Normal". That makes a "Hook up", no matter how infrequent, a 'norm'. Socially accepted. Common place. Dare I say, cultural.

A culture is defined as: the beliefs, way of life, art, and customs that are shared and accepted by people in a particular society.

Casual sex is part of life, customary, believed in, and shared and accepted by those in this society. Hooking up is much the same.

Indeed. Casual sex is NOW accepted as nothing more than a fad: its no longer taboo, a guy or girl casually talks about a few sexual encounters and no one bats an eye. Casual sex, IE, a hook up culture (one without the underpinnings of monogamy and marriage) has become a 'norm'.

Once again, something can only be a 'norm' if it is both widely accepted and practiced. The 'hookup culture' is not.

Ipse dixit. Your posted defintion, btw, has absolutely nothing about 'practicing'.

Lets go down the line--
the beliefs-- people obviously believe in casual sex, the frequency however is debatable.

way of life- there is very much a 'way of life' for hook ups
art- I believe some of them are specifically called 'pick up artists'
and customs that are shared and accepted by people in a particular society- I still don't see anything about a frequency threshold here, only that such is shared and accepted. IE, there is no social ramifications for engagement.

Casual sex is widely accepted. Casual sex is widely practiced. That its not practiced discretely demonstrates aptly how normalized a hook up (even if its only once or twice...) has become. That there is no longer a stigma demonstrates its normalization.



Thus, there is no such thing as a 'hookup culture'. It may be something that some people engage in, but it does not widely apply to any specific society. A 'culture' is something that has to be the norm.

And you don't think the acceptance of casual sex, compared to say... 60 years ago has shifted?

An increase in acceptance does not equate practice of the said activity that is being accepted. I accept that some individuals may want to engage in casual sex - but that does not necessarily mean I engage in it myself.

It doesn't need to be widely practiced for it to be cultural. Nothing about a culture necessitates its practice by every member of a society, only that such is 'accepted'.

It very much is the 'norm', now as opposed to its tolerance from previous decades. That Tindr, and other assorted 'hook up apps' exist show that such a culture has become so prevalent, it even has a tool to its regularity.

There's a wide variety of different applications available via the web. Applications that are catered to dating are simply a part of social media as a whole.

That doesn't actually refute anything, and to say tindr is catered to 'dating' I think is a bit of a glossing over to tindr's purpose.

On a global level, less people subscribe to dating applications than people who do. They are, in essence, a minority.

... and? I wasn't aware that only a majority could establish culture.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Yassine
Posts: 3,846
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2018 5:03:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/2/2018 5:31:15 AM, Zarroette wrote:
The relationship between women and men has eroded to the point where Feminism and Mgtow are possible. Gone are the days wherein you could have a stable relationship, filled to the brim with children, fulfillment and respect.

Here's how to return to that.

(1) Destroy hookup culture

For women, hookup culture encourages men to engage in short-term, sex-only relationships. In fact, men are so flagrantly encouraged to do this (through gossip, peer pressure etc.), that stable, strong, well-adjusted guys are becoming a needle in a haystack.

For men, women have also become incapable of long-term relationships, as that famous marriages-versus-sexual partners graph would gladly show you. Instead of reaping the rewards of being a nurturing, compassionate part of well-managed household, you now get thrown around the sexual marketplace until you're too used and old to have children.

Hookup culture must be criticised at every mentioning. If you hear a guy bragging about the "pump and dump" he had with a girl, call him a disgusting degenerate (I did). If you hear a girl seeming indifferent about her promiscuity, call her a worthless, fugly whore until she cries.

- What do you say about non-marital relationships?

(2) Destroy pornography

Nothing has killed sex quite like pornography. Why risk rejection or social interaction when you can pleasure yourself at home?

Pornography strips sex of all its meaning, removing all its mystery and heart. Instead of the opposite sex viewing men and women as humans, now they're a thing with "nice tits", or a "nice d*ck". So, not only is sex stripped of its meaning, but humans are, too.

The internet needs to be censored. I know that will be shocking to some, but the consequences of allowing pornography are too threatening. Pornography needs to be outlawed. Consuming pornography needs to be seen as a failure.

- Pornography I think is a symptom. A filler.

(C) You need to take an active role in helping us restore traditional, healthy values to our societies. If you see a girl wearing only leggings for bottoms, tell her that all the guys can think about is "tearing her a*s in half" (a real quote, btw). If you see a guy being a mgtow, call him a scared virgin. If you see any kind of promiscuity, call him/her worthless prostitutes and spit in his/her face.

I'm tired of involving myself with queer, hipster, Sydney boys who have the audacity to call themselves heterosexual men. It's time to reinstate healthy gender roles.

- Haha... You sound like my best friend.
Zarroette
Posts: 4,149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2018 5:49:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/3/2018 2:43:44 AM, Cenc wrote:
At 3/3/2018 2:24:54 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 3/3/2018 1:20:40 AM, Cenc wrote:
At 3/3/2018 12:44:41 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 3/2/2018 12:51:02 PM, Cenc wrote:
At 3/2/2018 11:35:18 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 3/2/2018 11:30:08 AM, Cenc wrote:
At 3/2/2018 10:37:28 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Any serious responses would be appreciated.

At 3/2/2018 10:37:28 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Any serious responses would be appreciated.

lol

You've made two completely unsupported contentions. Firstly, you assume that a hookup culture even exists. Statistics would indicate that millennials are having less sex than previous generations.

That facet is IRRELEVANT. QUOTE:

"A hookup culture is one that accepts and encourages casual sexual encounters, including one-night stands and other related activity, which focus on physical pleasure without necessarily including emotional bonding or long-term commitment." (https://en.wikipedia.org...)

Just so a stupid, little troll like you understands, hookup culture refers to the type of sexual encounters. The fact that there are less sexual encounters does not alter the type.


It appears that you've failed to adequately read what I said - which was that you've assumed a 'hookup culture' actually exists and is a part of millennial culture.

Do excuse me. I presumed that, since you purport to be 23 years old, that you occasionally step outside of your house, and attend a nightclub or bar, and thus see the hookup culture.

People have been having casual sex for centuries without there being any proposed culture to or label for it.

But is it at the rate we currently witness?

lol

As the information that I've provided shows; it is at a lesser rate.

No, you never provided that information. Where is the information pertaining casual sex rates from the 19th Century? You wrote that "people have been having casual sex for centuries". Now you need to prove it.

It's an objective truth that casual sex, and indeed sex within relationships, was more pronounced in
the 20th century and in the centuries preceding it than it is now.

My data showed that the percentage of casual sex undertaken, based on overall amounts sex, has never been higher.

Put it this way: if 65% of the population is having casual sex, and this percentage increased from 40%, despite less sex being had overall, this change would suggest a shift towards a hookup culture (or is at least an integral component of it).


A culture is defined as: the beliefs, way of life, art, and customs that are shared and accepted by people in a particular society.

"A hookup culture is one that accepts and encourages casual sexual encounters, including one-night stands and other related activity, which focus on physical pleasure without necessarily including emotional bonding or long-term commitment."

Increase in casual sex encounters:

* Compared to the previous generation, today's youth are having more casual sex, and building fewer long-term relationships

(https://theconversation.com...)

They are not having more casual sex.

As a percentage of sex overall, they are. You are not able to grasp that nuanced point.

The source I linked [which is more credible]

Bare assertion.

shows that decline in marriage makes no difference - millennials have less casual sex and less sex in relationships.

See above -- you're just repeating your wrong interpretation.


Lack of long-term commitments:

* Marriage rates are steadily falling, with a drop of 500,000 since 1980 (the peak in marriages)
* Barely more than half of American adults are living with a spouse, the lowest ever recorded
* The same trend can be found in other Western nation with hookup culture, such as Australia
* "About 81% of American women did not enjoy their brief encounters as much as they hoped they would."

See above.

All of my points you dropped.

(https://theconversation.com...)
(https://www.psychologytoday.com...)
- I.e people who lived during a period in which no such concept was recognized.

Labels can be given ad-hoc and accurately reflect meaning.
Zarroette
Posts: 4,149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2018 5:49:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/3/2018 1:01:34 AM, bsh7000 wrote:
At 3/2/2018 5:31:15 AM, Zarroette wrote:
(1) Destroy hookup culture

I agree that this is problematic. Probably not as bad as many make it out to be, but it certainly should be limited.

(2) Destroy pornography

Disagree.

Would you mind elaborating on these points?

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.