Total Posts:32|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Do you agree with statutory rape?

nologo
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2018 9:15:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
most people generally confuse the term pedophilia with anyone who is attracted to minors, no matter what their age. But pedophilia is actually sexual attraction to prepubescent minors like toddlers and children before puberty. while i do not agree with pedophilia, i think cases of statutory rape where competent teenagers have actually given their consent to have sex should not be illegal its completely stupid if you ask me.

first of all people look at other people who may find a young girl or boy attractive as sick but isn't it weird how this attraction is the humans natural predisposition. we all start off as children and are therefore attracted to children. but someone who is attracted to the same sex today this is seen as normal and not sick at all. to me this is backwards. how can it be that being a transgender is considered healthy behavior to the point where children as young as 6 can decided to have sexual reassignment surgery but these same children can not consent to actually enagage in the act of sex UNLESS of course they have sex with another child! THEN every thing is alright and perfectly 100% legal and no one is in trouble at all.


how can a child be tried as an adult in a murder case, consent to sexual reassighnment surgery choose its sexual orientation but at the same time its completely beyond this same child to consent to sex? this is actually ridiculous.

i dont have an attraction to minors but id be lying if i said that i havent seen attractive minors.

a few years ago i was living in this apartment complex and there was this young girl there who must have been about 11 years old, at the time i was 20 and now im 26 and i tell you the truth when i tell you that that girl was the most beautiful girl i have seen before or since.

one day me and my mom were riding past her and my mom gasped and said "OMG SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!"

i asked who as if i didnt know who she was talking about. she pointed to the little girl and said her and i couldnt even say anything. why is it that my mom who was freaken 40 at the time can acknowledge this girls beauty but if i did id be seen as creepy or weird?

the girl really was amazingly beautiful so beautiful in fact id have waited ages for her.

the girl actually had a crush on me i had one on her too and i was hurt for months because she was so young. i liked the girl so much i wanted her to be older. it had nothing to do with her age why i liked her, she was just that beautiful.

i actually look very young for my age people tell me all the time i look 16 and when i was 18 no body believed that i was so now they really dont believe im 26

so if you believe its wrong for a 16 and 19 year old to have sex shouldn't you also think its wrong for a 16 year old and a 16 year old to have sex?
Yassine
Posts: 3,846
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2018 6:19:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/18/2018 9:15:00 AM, nologo wrote:
most people generally confuse the term pedophilia with anyone who is attracted to minors, no matter what their age. But pedophilia is actually sexual attraction to prepubescent minors like toddlers and children before puberty. while i do not agree with pedophilia, i think cases of statutory rape where competent teenagers have actually given their consent to have sex should not be illegal its completely stupid if you ask me.

first of all people look at other people who may find a young girl or boy attractive as sick but isn't it weird how this attraction is the humans natural predisposition. we all start off as children and are therefore attracted to children. but someone who is attracted to the same sex today this is seen as normal and not sick at all. to me this is backwards. how can it be that being a transgender is considered healthy behavior to the point where children as young as 6 can decided to have sexual reassignment surgery but these same children can not consent to actually enagage in the act of sex UNLESS of course they have sex with another child! THEN every thing is alright and perfectly 100% legal and no one is in trouble at all.

how can a child be tried as an adult in a murder case, consent to sexual reassighnment surgery choose its sexual orientation but at the same time its completely beyond this same child to consent to sex? this is actually ridiculous.

i dont have an attraction to minors but id be lying if i said that i havent seen attractive minors.

a few years ago i was living in this apartment complex and there was this young girl there who must have been about 11 years old, at the time i was 20 and now im 26 and i tell you the truth when i tell you that that girl was the most beautiful girl i have seen before or since.

one day me and my mom were riding past her and my mom gasped and said "OMG SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!"

i asked who as if i didnt know who she was talking about. she pointed to the little girl and said her and i couldnt even say anything. why is it that my mom who was freaken 40 at the time can acknowledge this girls beauty but if i did id be seen as creepy or weird?

the girl really was amazingly beautiful so beautiful in fact id have waited ages for her.

the girl actually had a crush on me i had one on her too and i was hurt for months because she was so young. i liked the girl so much i wanted her to be older. it had nothing to do with her age why i liked her, she was just that beautiful.

i actually look very young for my age people tell me all the time i look 16 and when i was 18 no body believed that i was so now they really dont believe im 26

so if you believe its wrong for a 16 and 19 year old to have sex shouldn't you also think its wrong for a 16 year old and a 16 year old to have sex?

- Statutory rape is a senseless confusion.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 9,590
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2018 9:26:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/19/2018 6:19:55 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 3/18/2018 9:15:00 AM, nologo wrote:
most people generally confuse the term pedophilia with anyone who is attracted to minors, no matter what their age. But pedophilia is actually sexual attraction to prepubescent minors like toddlers and children before puberty. while i do not agree with pedophilia, i think cases of statutory rape where competent teenagers have actually given their consent to have sex should not be illegal its completely stupid if you ask me.

first of all people look at other people who may find a young girl or boy attractive as sick but isn't it weird how this attraction is the humans natural predisposition. we all start off as children and are therefore attracted to children. but someone who is attracted to the same sex today this is seen as normal and not sick at all. to me this is backwards. how can it be that being a transgender is considered healthy behavior to the point where children as young as 6 can decided to have sexual reassignment surgery but these same children can not consent to actually enagage in the act of sex UNLESS of course they have sex with another child! THEN every thing is alright and perfectly 100% legal and no one is in trouble at all.


how can a child be tried as an adult in a murder case, consent to sexual reassighnment surgery choose its sexual orientation but at the same time its completely beyond this same child to consent to sex? this is actually ridiculous.

i dont have an attraction to minors but id be lying if i said that i havent seen attractive minors.

a few years ago i was living in this apartment complex and there was this young girl there who must have been about 11 years old, at the time i was 20 and now im 26 and i tell you the truth when i tell you that that girl was the most beautiful girl i have seen before or since.

one day me and my mom were riding past her and my mom gasped and said "OMG SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!"

i asked who as if i didnt know who she was talking about. she pointed to the little girl and said her and i couldnt even say anything. why is it that my mom who was freaken 40 at the time can acknowledge this girls beauty but if i did id be seen as creepy or weird?

the girl really was amazingly beautiful so beautiful in fact id have waited ages for her.

the girl actually had a crush on me i had one on her too and i was hurt for months because she was so young. i liked the girl so much i wanted her to be older. it had nothing to do with her age why i liked her, she was just that beautiful.

i actually look very young for my age people tell me all the time i look 16 and when i was 18 no body believed that i was so now they really dont believe im 26

so if you believe its wrong for a 16 and 19 year old to have sex shouldn't you also think its wrong for a 16 year old and a 16 year old to have sex?

- Statutory rape is a senseless confusion.

Not entirely. The aim was to prevent certain sexually developed, and for the most part, rational young (near) adults from engaging in sexual acts with mature or established adults whom might potentially use their authority over others for sexual favor.

As a for instance a 25 year old teacher engaging with a 17 year old student, or an older step sibling with a younger. The aims to keep 'impressionable' youth away from more... shall we say socially coercive members of society was a noble one when the youth wasn't super-saturated with media of all variety.

Currently, today's youth is bombarded with sexual imagery, information regarding sexual responsibility, birth control, education, etc etc. Their ability to be 'led astray' is greatly diffused through this, which is why many 'statutory rape' laws have Romeo/Juliet exclusions, or the parents need to press charges, the state will not conduct a case on their own.

A school teacher whom uses their influence on a minor, though, should still be considered a predator. Making use of their authority to 'weasel' consent is a damn shady way of picking up a partner.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Draka
Posts: 909
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2018 11:32:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
They are indeed two different things. However, I disagree with statutory rape on the basis that it entails two people submitting to their licentious desires. The 'minors' who are engaging in consensual sex with older people, are as bad in some respects. To expound: you should have an understanding of what is right/wrong post-puberty, and you should realize that your years of sexual innocence are to be cherished and maintained until marriage.
Smithereens
Posts: 8,358
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2018 12:03:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
how about you just fvck with someone your own age.
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017

Debate challenge 'Solipsism is false:' http://www.debate.org...
If God were real... http://www.debate.org...
Devilry
Posts: 5,099
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2018 3:57:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/19/2018 12:03:32 PM, Smithereens wrote:
how about you just fvck with someone your own age.

That gets old, mate.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Devilry
Posts: 5,099
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2018 4:05:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The prettiest kiss I ever stole the girl was 16 and I 21.

A beautiful little sort of tomboy chick, wearing like this little vest, out in a smoking area. I mean, also really beautiful of a pub. I dunno what she was doing there lol.

Like in Lolita where she wipes her mouth on Humbert's arm.
Except not so young, of course. That's f*cked up. The picture, though, is undeniably pretty.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Devilry
Posts: 5,099
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2018 4:10:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I actually did it not so long ago again to this girl looking like a lemon sherbet in her hot little pants and no bra. Just stolen little kisses though lol.

I blame these girls parents honestly.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Swagnarok
Posts: 2,020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2018 2:30:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's for the greater good that children should not have their first sexual experience until they are older, and in some cases doing so can actually cause physical damage to them, to say nothing of mental scarring. But because the sex drive is the second strongest instinct in most men, to deter pedophiles from acting on their impulses the government has no choice to impose extreme penalties for such.
Rest in Peace DDO (2007-2018)
Wylted
Posts: 25,465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2018 7:21:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/19/2018 12:03:32 PM, Smithereens wrote:
how about you just fvck with someone your own age.

That"s dumb. A 19 yr old having sex with a 16 year old is no big deal. Now If he were my age that would be a different story. She is at the age of sexual maturity and they are both young and stupid enough to be on equal ground, so nobody is taking advantage of anyone. Now if her were a few years older, different story.
Wylted
Posts: 25,465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2018 7:22:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/19/2018 12:03:32 PM, Smithereens wrote:
how about you just fvck with someone your own age.

I just read what he wrote, never mind he is disgusting. I apologize for the previous message
Df0512
Posts: 1,333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2018 3:40:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/18/2018 9:15:00 AM, nologo wrote:
most people generally confuse the term pedophilia with anyone who is attracted to minors, no matter what their age. But pedophilia is actually sexual attraction to prepubescent minors like toddlers and children before puberty. while i do not agree with pedophilia, i think cases of statutory rape where competent teenagers have actually given their consent to have sex should not be illegal its completely stupid if you ask me.

first of all people look at other people who may find a young girl or boy attractive as sick but isn't it weird how this attraction is the humans natural predisposition. we all start off as children and are therefore attracted to children. but someone who is attracted to the same sex today this is seen as normal and not sick at all. to me this is backwards. how can it be that being a transgender is considered healthy behavior to the point where children as young as 6 can decided to have sexual reassignment surgery but these same children can not consent to actually enagage in the act of sex UNLESS of course they have sex with another child! THEN every thing is alright and perfectly 100% legal and no one is in trouble at all.

how can a child be tried as an adult in a murder case, consent to sexual reassighnment surgery choose its sexual orientation but at the same time its completely beyond this same child to consent to sex? this is actually ridiculous.

i dont have an attraction to minors but id be lying if i said that i havent seen attractive minors.

a few years ago i was living in this apartment complex and there was this young girl there who must have been about 11 years old, at the time i was 20 and now im 26 and i tell you the truth when i tell you that that girl was the most beautiful girl i have seen before or since.

one day me and my mom were riding past her and my mom gasped and said "OMG SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!"

i asked who as if i didnt know who she was talking about. she pointed to the little girl and said her and i couldnt even say anything. why is it that my mom who was freaken 40 at the time can acknowledge this girls beauty but if i did id be seen as creepy or weird?

the girl really was amazingly beautiful so beautiful in fact id have waited ages for her.

the girl actually had a crush on me i had one on her too and i was hurt for months because she was so young. i liked the girl so much i wanted her to be older. it had nothing to do with her age why i liked her, she was just that beautiful.

i actually look very young for my age people tell me all the time i look 16 and when i was 18 no body believed that i was so now they really dont believe im 26

so if you believe its wrong for a 16 and 19 year old to have sex shouldn't you also think its wrong for a 16 year old and a 16 year old to have sex?

Acknowledging that a 11 girl is beautiful is not creepy. Beautiful and sexuality don't necessarily go hand in hand. So you mom wasn't being creepy. You are though. As an adult you should be able and willing to separate the 2 when it comes to kids and teens. As an adult for u to allow yourself to have a crush on a 11 year old and then try to rationalize it is creepy and a little scary. That would mean you find 11 you olds attractive.

So many things wrongly here. So many red flags. You should get help before you do something dangerous one day. You should never see kids as anything more than just kids. As for statutory rape, kids will be kids and that can't last forever. I won't say it morally wrong but this is what it means to be an adult in this country. 11 year old and a 18 year old tho. That's all kinds of bad
Wylted
Posts: 25,465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2018 9:46:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Unlike the op, I have never once found an 11 year old I thought was fvckable. This guy would make a horrible babysitter
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,116
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2018 2:08:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ultimately the age on consent is mostly arbitrary, but it exists for a very good reason and I'm glad it exists. Personally I think the AOC should be 16, though I don't think I'd personally be interested in someone south of 20. If you got "teenage sex" out of your system in highschool, you start to want other things in a partner, like a fully developed person who doesn't freak tf out at anything weirder than spanking, ya dig?
I'm just a cro magnon masquerading as one of you.
Amphia
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2018 1:08:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The reason is because while teenagers are at physical and sexual maturity, they are not at emotional maturity. Many studies have proven that emotional maturity does not arrive till the age of 25.

They are more impulsive and don't think before they act. It's better to make them wait before having sex with an adult because they are more likely to use their brains.

While I find it unfair that a 19-year-old boy might go to jail because he had consensual sex with a 16-year-old, that's the law and they should have waited. The law is there to prevent predators in disguise from legally taking advantage of young people.

Consent is already very difficult to prove. If we were to change the law so that minors who consented didn't have to worry, we'd have more problems. Adults would claim the minor "wanted it" or could use power dynamics force the student to stay quiet.

For example, a teacher having "consensual" sex with a student. Perhaps, the student felt they had to, to raise their grades or they were coerced. The teacher could claim it was consensual and that would allow another opening for predators and rapists to escape jail time.
Athias
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2018 3:41:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/4/2018 1:08:15 AM, Amphia wrote:
The reason is because while teenagers are at physical and sexual maturity, they are not at emotional maturity. Many studies have proven that emotional maturity does not arrive till the age of 25.

The problem with this argument is that if you're going to argue that individuals below a state-imposed division (age group) are emotionally too "immature" to engage in sexual activity, then this must be equally reproducible, ceteris parabus, in all sexual contact including with those participants who also fall below the state-imposed division. In other words, if a 14 year-old can have sex with another 14 year-old, then there's no logical reason said 14 year-old can't have sex with a 69 year-old. After all, the mechanics are the same.

The other problem with the argument is that if you're going to set "emotional maturity" as the standard for what constitutes acceptable sex, then you must concede that consent is irrelevant. Assigning emotional immaturity to those who are cataloged under an arbitrary state imposition is nothing but an ageist abstraction. And I call shenanigans on any study which claims to empirically observe a concept so nebulous such as "emotional maturity."

Biologically, a male and female are capable of reproducing after entering puberty; hence, they're ready to have sex. "Emotional maturity" is a pretext for an illogical custom.
Amphia
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2018 12:53:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I suppose emotional maturity isn't the best argument but my argument about disguised predators still stands.
Athias
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2018 1:53:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/4/2018 12:53:34 PM, Amphia wrote:
I suppose emotional maturity isn't the best argument but my argument about disguised predators still stands.

No it doesn't. Anyone can be a predator. Operating under the presumption that predation manifests after some arbitrarily imposed age limit is neither substantiated, nor sensible.
Devilry
Posts: 5,099
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2018 2:15:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/4/2018 3:41:30 AM, Athias wrote:
At 4/4/2018 1:08:15 AM, Amphia wrote:
The reason is because while teenagers are at physical and sexual maturity, they are not at emotional maturity. Many studies have proven that emotional maturity does not arrive till the age of 25.

The problem with this argument is that if you're going to argue that individuals below a state-imposed division (age group) are emotionally too "immature" to engage in sexual activity, then this must be equally reproducible, ceteris parabus, in all sexual contact including with those participants who also fall below the state-imposed division. In other words, if a 14 year-old can have sex with another 14 year-old, then there's no logical reason said 14 year-old can't have sex with a 69 year-old. After all, the mechanics are the same.

The other problem with the argument is that if you're going to set "emotional maturity" as the standard for what constitutes acceptable sex, then you must concede that consent is irrelevant. Assigning emotional immaturity to those who are cataloged under an arbitrary state imposition is nothing but an ageist abstraction. And I call shenanigans on any study which claims to empirically observe a concept so nebulous such as "emotional maturity."

Biologically, a male and female are capable of reproducing after entering puberty; hence, they're ready to have sex. "Emotional maturity" is a pretext for an illogical custom.

This whole post is pure bullsh*t.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Athias
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2018 2:24:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/4/2018 2:15:08 PM, Devilry wrote:
This whole post is pure bullsh*t.

A well-structured response. I can see you put a lot of thought into it.
Devilry
Posts: 5,099
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2018 2:37:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/4/2018 2:24:39 PM, Athias wrote:
At 4/4/2018 2:15:08 PM, Devilry wrote:
This whole post is pure bullsh*t.

A well-structured response. I can see you put a lot of thought into it.

I'd feel silly seriously engaging it tbh.

So I'll just

*tips fedora*
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Athias
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2018 3:01:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/4/2018 2:37:08 PM, Devilry wrote:
At 4/4/2018 2:24:39 PM, Athias wrote:
At 4/4/2018 2:15:08 PM, Devilry wrote:
This whole post is pure bullsh*t.

A well-structured response. I can see you put a lot of thought into it.

I'd feel silly seriously engaging it tbh.

So I'll just

*tips fedora*
You should've exhibited more thought before you even made a comment. If you're going to assert that someone's argument is bullsh1t, then naturally, you'd expected to explain your reasoning. For future reference, if you don't want to engage, don't initiate.
Devilry
Posts: 5,099
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2018 3:18:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/4/2018 3:01:25 PM, Athias wrote:
At 4/4/2018 2:37:08 PM, Devilry wrote:
At 4/4/2018 2:24:39 PM, Athias wrote:
At 4/4/2018 2:15:08 PM, Devilry wrote:
This whole post is pure bullsh*t.

A well-structured response. I can see you put a lot of thought into it.

I'd feel silly seriously engaging it tbh.

So I'll just

*tips fedora*
You should've exhibited more thought before you even made a comment. If you're going to assert that someone's argument is bullsh1t, then naturally, you'd expected to explain your reasoning. For future reference, if you don't want to engage, don't initiate.

Nah I'll just throw in a little moral support for the 16 year old girl you're harassing. She'll figure it out.

I ain't always gonna be there.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Draka
Posts: 909
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2018 3:50:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/4/2018 3:01:25 PM, Athias wrote:
At 4/4/2018 2:37:08 PM, Devilry wrote:
At 4/4/2018 2:24:39 PM, Athias wrote:
At 4/4/2018 2:15:08 PM, Devilry wrote:
This whole post is pure bullsh*t.

A well-structured response. I can see you put a lot of thought into it.

I'd feel silly seriously engaging it tbh.

So I'll just

*tips fedora*
You should've exhibited more thought before you even made a comment. If you're going to assert that someone's argument is bullsh1t, then naturally, you'd expected to explain your reasoning. For future reference, if you don't want to engage, don't initiate.

lol
Athias
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2018 5:43:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/4/2018 3:18:47 PM, Devilry wrote:
At 4/4/2018 3:01:25 PM, Athias wrote:
At 4/4/2018 2:37:08 PM, Devilry wrote:
At 4/4/2018 2:24:39 PM, Athias wrote:
At 4/4/2018 2:15:08 PM, Devilry wrote:
This whole post is pure bullsh*t.

A well-structured response. I can see you put a lot of thought into it.

I'd feel silly seriously engaging it tbh.

So I'll just

*tips fedora*
You should've exhibited more thought before you even made a comment. If you're going to assert that someone's argument is bullsh1t, then naturally, you'd expected to explain your reasoning. For future reference, if you don't want to engage, don't initiate.

Nah I'll just throw in a little moral support for the 16 year old girl you're harassing. She'll figure it out.

I ain't always gonna be there.

Don"t need to harass her. You should give it up, though. She shot you down 10 times already. How much more rejection can you take?
Mister_Man
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2018 11:04:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Your situation with the 11 year old and you as a 20 year old is wrong. Prepubescent children should not be involved in anything sexually with anyone, as they aren't mature enough to handle something such as sex at that age. Their brains and bodies haven't developed enough to deal with the emotional and physical impact of such intimacy.

With that being said, a 19yo with a 17 or 16 year old should not be some horrible disgusting thing frowned upon or even criminalized. I think if charges are pressed or two consenting people caught in the act, it should be addressed on a case-by-case basis.

The main problem is older men with younger women, and the primary reason this is an issue is due to the fact that younger girls are much more impressionable, easy to take advantage of, and are more prone to mental/physical trauma from an older man. The difference between a 20yo man taking advantage of a 16yo girl who is too afraid to say no and a 20yo man who gradually gets to know and develops a relationship with a 16yo girl who is mature enough to fully understand and consent to sexual activity is immense.

Statutory rape laws should apply to an immature, hesitant >18yo but should not apply to a mature, knowledgeable and consenting 15-18yo. I'd say before 15 gets really iffy as they have just hit puberty and began developing.

Up in Canada we have some pretty relaxed laws regarding sexual conduct - 14~16yo can have sexual relations with anyone two years older, 16~18yo can have sexual relations with anyone five years older. So legally, a 16yo can have sex with a 21yo, which I think is perfect.

TL;DR - If an older person is taking advantage of an immature, hesitant younger person, statutory rape should apply. If two consenting, mature people with a large age difference have sexual relations, it should be okay. Case-by-case basis.
You can't stump the Trump.
Athias
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2018 3:49:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/4/2018 11:04:52 PM, Mister_Man wrote:
Your situation with the 11 year old and you as a 20 year old is wrong. Prepubescent children should not be involved in anything sexually with anyone, as they aren't mature enough to handle something such as sex at that age.

This is technically incorrect. A female on average begins puberty at the age of 11. But it can range anywhere between the ages of 8 and 13. So, unless you met the girl and were able to confirm it for yourself, you have no idea whether or not she was "prepubescent."

Their brains and bodies haven't developed enough to deal with the emotional and physical impact of such intimacy.

Except those who made this argument have yet to define this "emotional impact." The physical impact, however, is irrelevant. If it were relevant, then you'd have to outlaw any pairings between small framed women and very large men.

With that being said, a 19yo with a 17 or 16 year old should not be some horrible disgusting thing frowned upon or even criminalized.

It's interesting that you've bunched "horrible," "disgusting," "frowned upon," and "criminalized" when each is a very discrete concepts, particularly "criminalized."

The main problem is older men with younger women, and the primary reason this is an issue is due to the fact that younger girls are much more impressionable, easy to take advantage of, and are more prone to mental/physical trauma from an older man.

You can't substantiate such an assertion. Anyone can be impressionable. Have you ever met a groupie?

The difference between a 20yo man taking advantage of a 16yo girl who is too afraid to say no and a 20yo man who gradually gets to know and develops a relationship with a 16yo girl who is mature enough to fully understand and consent to sexual activity is immense.

So age doesn't matter?

Statutory rape laws should apply to an immature, hesitant >18yo but should not apply to a mature, knowledgeable and consenting 15-18yo. I'd say before 15 gets really iffy as they have just hit puberty and began developing.

How do you ascertain information on someone's immaturity? Are you going to require that everyone below this arbitrary limit submit themselves for psych evaluation unless be branded "immature"?

Up in Canada we have some pretty relaxed laws regarding sexual conduct - 14~16yo can have sexual relations with anyone two years older, 16~18yo can have sexual relations with anyone five years older. So legally, a 16yo can have sex with a 21yo, which I think is perfect.

Yeah, and 10 years ago, your age of consent was just 14. The fact that Canada had raised it two years, and allows 14 and 15 year olds to have sex with anyone four years older doesn't make it any less arbitrary and illogical.

TL;DR - If an older person is taking advantage of an immature, hesitant younger person, statutory rape should apply.

What if a person is taking advantage of an immature, hesitant older person? Which laws should apply there?

If two consenting, mature people with a large age difference have sexual relations, it should be okay.

Why?
Mister_Man
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2018 2:19:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/5/2018 3:49:53 PM, Athias wrote:
At 4/4/2018 11:04:52 PM, Mister_Man wrote:
Your situation with the 11 year old and you as a 20 year old is wrong. Prepubescent children should not be involved in anything sexually with anyone, as they aren't mature enough to handle something such as sex at that age.

This is technically incorrect. A female on average begins puberty at the age of 11. But it can range anywhere between the ages of 8 and 13. So, unless you met the girl and were able to confirm it for yourself, you have no idea whether or not she was "prepubescent."

See below.

Their brains and bodies haven't developed enough to deal with the emotional and physical impact of such intimacy.

Except those who made this argument have yet to define this "emotional impact." The physical impact, however, is irrelevant. If it were relevant, then you'd have to outlaw any pairings between small framed women and very large men.

Somewhat true about the physical part, however the female body hasn't developed enough (in most cases) to be prepared for sex. Natural lubricant etc. isn't common.

The emotional impact is pretty straight forward. Girls around the age of puberty are incredibly hormonal, develop immense feelings at the drop of a hat and have their hearts broken incredibly easily, which can very easily lead to depression. The incredibly intimacy between a child and an older person can exacerbate these feelings.

With that being said, a 19yo with a 17 or 16 year old should not be some horrible disgusting thing frowned upon or even criminalized.

It's interesting that you've bunched "horrible," "disgusting," "frowned upon," and "criminalized" when each is a very discrete concepts, particularly "criminalized."

It isn't interesting at all, as these are common words used to describe this scenario. Considering it's technically illegal in the states for a 17yo to have sex with an 18yo (if I'm wrong then nevermind), then the legalities of the situation need to be brought to our attention as well.

The main problem is older men with younger women, and the primary reason this is an issue is due to the fact that younger girls are much more impressionable, easy to take advantage of, and are more prone to mental/physical trauma from an older man.

You can't substantiate such an assertion. Anyone can be impressionable. Have you ever met a groupie?

However young children are much more impressionable... sure, there are some exceptions with adults, but the fact is that it's much easier to take advance of a young child. I'm not saying children are the only impressionable people on Earth, come on lol

The difference between a 20yo man taking advantage of a 16yo girl who is too afraid to say no and a 20yo man who gradually gets to know and develops a relationship with a 16yo girl who is mature enough to fully understand and consent to sexual activity is immense.

So age doesn't matter?

When the difference is a few years, what matters is levels of maturity. Age matters, but to an extent.

Statutory rape laws should apply to an immature, hesitant >18yo but should not apply to a mature, knowledgeable and consenting 15-18yo. I'd say before 15 gets really iffy as they have just hit puberty and began developing.

How do you ascertain information on someone's immaturity? Are you going to require that everyone below this arbitrary limit submit themselves for psych evaluation unless be branded "immature"?

How they act in public and around others, whether they laugh at everything or are able to act seriously and keep their emotions under control.

Up in Canada we have some pretty relaxed laws regarding sexual conduct - 14~16yo can have sexual relations with anyone two years older, 16~18yo can have sexual relations with anyone five years older. So legally, a 16yo can have sex with a 21yo, which I think is perfect.

Yeah, and 10 years ago, your age of consent was just 14. The fact that Canada had raised it two years, and allows 14 and 15 year olds to have sex with anyone four years older doesn't make it any less arbitrary and illogical.

I'm not basing my opinion on the law, I'm saying that the law makes sense up here.

TL;DR - If an older person is taking advantage of an immature, hesitant younger person, statutory rape should apply.

What if a person is taking advantage of an immature, hesitant older person? Which laws should apply there?

...rape.

If two consenting, mature people with a large age difference have sexual relations, it should be okay.

Why?

Because they both fully understand the possible consequences as well as requiring the right level of maturity to not hurt themselves mentally.

Thanks for the questions :)
You can't stump the Trump.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.