Jump to topic:

Why have schools? Just use Youtube

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2018 3:17:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why do we need to spend millions of dollars on teachers, schools textbooks. Just give every kid an Ipad and Youtube and they can look up everything, how to do math, how to play instruments, how to draw art. Youtube has a video for everything, what do we need schools for?
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2018 3:41:12 PM
At 5/8/2018 3:17:14 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Why do we need to spend millions of dollars on teachers, schools textbooks. Just give every kid an Ipad and Youtube and they can look up everything, how to do math, how to play instruments, how to draw art. Youtube has a video for everything, what do we need schools for?

it's coming, slowly, there's already so many things kids can't do, like play sports during recess or have best friends. Just be patient, there's already "e-visits" for your doctor, at home delivery of everything, soon no one will ever have to leave their homes for anything.........ever.
Bennett91 the liar http://www.debate.org...
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2018 3:44:36 PM

This is true. Everything learned in school can be found online. Some shi.t you might have to pay for, but in reality, a google search and some youtube videos provide good instruction for those in school, which is why so many turn to them for homework help and shi.t
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2018 3:51:18 PM
At 5/8/2018 3:41:12 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

it's coming, slowly, there's already so many things kids can't do, like play sports during recess or have best friends. Just be patient, there's already "e-visits" for your doctor, at home delivery of everything, soon no one will ever have to leave their homes for anything.........ever.

It's like I always say, humans will be 400lbs blobs planted in front of their giant TV's with a device in their hand for ordering food by drones, self driving cars for taking them anywhere they want, and robots to do everything for them including wiping their azz, humans won't need to do anything just eat, fart and watch reality shows all day long, while rumba vacuums the floor, mows the lawn and an app called "skip the dishes" gets you food so you don't have to wash any dishes.

Yep it's coming the 400 lb human/aka sumo wrestler. But don't make fun of them, that's bullying and they are very sensitive, they are big boned, or stout, or husky, but don't call them fat.......LOL neah I say Fat lazy asses with their apps.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2018 3:53:19 PM
At 5/8/2018 3:44:36 PM, SamStevens wrote:

This is true. Everything learned in school can be found online. Some shi.t you might have to pay for, but in reality, a google search and some youtube videos provide good instruction for those in school, which is why so many turn to them for homework help and shi.t

Lets get rid of schools, that way I can have my property tax reduced for paying for these schools.

Hey kid, here is a smartphone and Youtube, go learn something
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2018 1:51:39 AM
Purpose of school... Provides a certification that all people can feel quite sure of that you actually completed the years of.

Online school certification others might have a harder time accepting.

Still, I seem to recall in old Imperial China they would have some exam or something so that you could actually be a member of the civil service. I don't (think) you necessarily had to go to school.

So in person tests and certification might still be a thing.

Parents may not be very accepting of children education being put on them though. Public education has been around for so long. We have come to see it as part of governments job to see to it children have education. Hmm, still thinking.

... I suppose one could make the argument that children should not be held back by their parents, due to the possibility of having negative parents unwilling to help their children.
At which point I suppose a person could say government just mandate internet education.
Kevin_Fishcer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2018 2:12:26 AM

Nope, becuase 90% of the population aren't self- discplined

However I appprove of instance learning which believe it Or not it is in the realm of possibility
https://www.sciencedaily.com...
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2018 12:55:54 PM
At 5/9/2018 2:12:26 AM, Kevin_Fishcer wrote:

However I appprove of instance learning which believe it Or not it is in the realm of possibility

You are right, BUT what if there was a general quiz at the end of the year for students to test their knowledge?
Kevin_Fishcer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2018 3:57:25 PM
At 5/9/2018 12:55:54 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 5/9/2018 2:12:26 AM, Kevin_Fishcer wrote:

You are right, BUT what if there was a general quiz at the end of the year for students to test their knowledge?

Wouldn't work. What incentives or punishment can be imposed that would persuade the child on watching education YouTube vids, and practice them? School also function as a sort of daycare. So parents may be busy with work to be the watchdog when it come to the students learning anything.

Instant learning, just need to invest more into it

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.