Jump to topic:

Reverse Racism

Swagnarok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2018 1:38:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Famous rapper Kendrick Lamar invited a white woman up on stage to sing a song he wrote back in c. 2012, titled "M.A.A.D. City". The word included the n-word in several places.
The white woman in question, identified as "Delaney", which is presumably either her given name or surname, apparently knew the song by heart. She said all of it, including the n-word that was part of the lyrics.
Whenever she did it, several people in the audience started booing. Kendrick Lamar, in turn, scolded her for saying it, though to be fair it doesn't seem like he was as much of a c**t as those people in the audience.

I imagine that this person's songs are widely popular in the United States, with fans including people of all races. What one can reasonably expect is that with any catchy song, one would want to sing it out loud. If she were Black, Latino, Native American, Asian, Jewish, Middle Eastern, Pacific Islander, or ANY racial category other than White, nobody would've given a flip that she said the word, which by my count appeared in the song 20 times.
And the reason that it was so offensive for her to use the word: it's because her ancestors were part of the "evil oppressor" race. By default, she is on some level guilty as well, according to the fans in that crowd, and according to many left-wing academics.

This narrative is the most prominent form of racism in modern-day America, the only form of racism which is socially acceptable. This has been a major driver for the rise of the Alt-Right and the election of Donald Trump. If I, a white man, were presented with the choice between voting for a blatant white shamer and a white supremacist, it would not be an easy choice. If I were given the choice between a blatant white shamer and a white nationalist, I'd readily choose the latter. And I don't think I'm alone in this regard.
Rest in Peace DDO (2007-2018)
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2018 12:27:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2018 1:38:30 AM, Swagnarok wrote:
Famous rapper Kendrick Lamar invited a white woman up on stage to sing a song he wrote back in c. 2012, titled "M.A.A.D. City". The word included the n-word in several places.
The white woman in question, identified as "Delaney", which is presumably either her given name or surname, apparently knew the song by heart. She said all of it, including the n-word that was part of the lyrics.
Whenever she did it, several people in the audience started booing. Kendrick Lamar, in turn, scolded her for saying it, though to be fair it doesn't seem like he was as much of a c**t as those people in the audience.

I imagine that this person's songs are widely popular in the United States, with fans including people of all races. What one can reasonably expect is that with any catchy song, one would want to sing it out loud. If she were Black, Latino, Native American, Asian, Jewish, Middle Eastern, Pacific Islander, or ANY racial category other than White, nobody would've given a flip that she said the word, which by my count appeared in the song 20 times.
And the reason that it was so offensive for her to use the word: it's because her ancestors were part of the "evil oppressor" race. By default, she is on some level guilty as well, according to the fans in that crowd, and according to many left-wing academics.

This narrative is the most prominent form of racism in modern-day America, the only form of racism which is socially acceptable. This has been a major driver for the rise of the Alt-Right and the election of Donald Trump. If I, a white man, were presented with the choice between voting for a blatant white shamer and a white supremacist, it would not be an easy choice. If I were given the choice between a blatant white shamer and a white nationalist, I'd readily choose the latter. And I don't think I'm alone in this regard.

I don't listen to that garbage er I mean 'music' but what I think I hear you saying is that the use of that word is only reserved and a special right for blacks, and that having special rights or privileges based on skin color is wrong, that sound about right?
Bennett91 the liar http://www.debate.org...
Factseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2018 1:57:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago

I saw a news clip of that. The rapper is a jerk. He put that song (which contained the word) out for consumption so he has NO right to call out some one he invited on stage to sing it with him.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2018 3:12:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago

I'm not a fan of the term "reverse racism", racism is racism. If you look the other way when a white person is subjected to racism, guess what your not really anti racist, you just against racism when it's against (insert group here).

If your a music artist, you invite a fan to sing YOUR LYRICS then because they have a certain skin color this will determine if you allow or won't allow said fan to say a word contained in your own lyric, that's a f*cking dick move.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.