Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2019 12:50:12 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Leaning wrote:
Eh?

An excellent, Deep and probing question there. I think your use of the words "heck" and "anyway" show a sincere discernment for unearthing the true substance of the topic.
And, Then, To come in with a no-holds-barred one-worded rhetorical question as the entire core to validate your topic certainly shows. . . . . . Er, Um, Something.

Anyways, Let's unpack this de rigueur utterance currently making the rounds of every Chardonnay-sipping, Hilfiger-wearing clique.

Sociopath: a term used to describe someone with an anti-social personality disorder. They think and act without regard for others including lying, Cheating, And manipulating for personal gain. Their narcissism and lack of remorse allow them to believe and most of the time succeed at achieving their desires.

Now, This may seem like quite a damning indictment on those who think that they know the answer to everything and want to tell everyone else.

Take, Oooh, Let's say, Religion, For example.
It has been irrefutably established that those who believe in God are deluded. And let's face it, We all suffer from delusions of some sort from time to time.

But to eke out an existence 24/7 with a fixed stare on one's dial is really going beyond the pale.

I think that the designations Christian, Muslim, Or, Errrr, That other weird religion. . . Oh yes, Judaism have become totally outmoded and one needs something a bit more pithy to show one's colours.

So, Perhaps, If one is of a doctrinal persuasion and has an impulsive inclination to join a group of semi-intoxicated coifers of Broken Hill Chateau Chunder one could simply bust through the throng and announce, "I'm a sociopath, Who the heck are you? "
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2019 1:46:59 AM
Eh, It was more in response to some debate three weeks ago where it seemed to me too many people in the comments of it, Who were self proclaimed sociopaths. Made me feel doubtful that they all 'were, And that perhaps people were overusing the term. I don't see religion as wrong or as contrary to society myself currently.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2019 2:40:41 AM
Leaning wrote:
Eh, It was more in response to some debate three weeks ago where it seemed to me too many people in the comments of it, Who were self proclaimed sociopaths. Made me feel doubtful that they all 'were, And that perhaps people were overusing the term. I don't see religion as wrong or as contrary to society myself currently.

Well of course, I was merely putting a satirical, Hypothetical spin on the notion that a sociopath would announce himself as such.

The reality is that a sociopath wouldn't know he is one even if it was put up on 20 foot high neon signs on a building adjacent to his bedroom.

Say. . . . You do know what I'm talking about, Don't you?

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.