Jump to topic:

I believe in all stereotypes

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2017 9:20:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The reason I say this is because there is truth to all of them. If I said the sky is green nobody would agree and it wouldn't be a discussion or debate over it, here is the definition of stereotype "a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing", the key word there being OVERSIMPLIFIED, which means true but simplified person or thing.

Now nobody wants to be lumped into a stereotype but unfortunately everyone comes from different backgrounds and those backgrounds have had these stereotypes for a long time, we just don't want to generalize everyone under each stereotype because that would be insensitive.

Unfortunately for me the stereotypes are true, all Polaks I have met were always cheap, all Italians I knew were in construction, all Asians I have known were poor drivers, many I knew had multiple accidents, most aboriginal Indians loved to drink. Now that is not saying every single person fits into those stereotypes but when most at least to me do then I guess it must be true.

Car insurance companies can not discriminate based on race of people therefore they have another way to group people together, age, gender and address. All 16-25 males pay 3 times the car insurance as opposed to other drivers, why because of their age, now you can argue and say I'm a 16 year old male, never had an accident, no speeding tickets and I drive 5 miles below the speed limit, but it doesn't matter to an insurance company, you are still going to pay triple because of your age, you are grouped together, same with address, you could be paying triple because you live in a high accident area, so it doesn't matter if you are the safest driver you will still pay the high rate. Isn't this a form of stereotyping??

Therefore I believe in all stereotypes, even though everyone will say it's not true, not all Indian people eat curry, not all Russians drink vodka, but most do therefore you are in that stereotype. Individuality has no room in a 8 billion people society. It's all OVERSIMPLIFICATION!
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2017 9:51:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/9/2017 9:20:56 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
The reason I say this is because there is truth to all of them. If I said the sky is green nobody would agree and it wouldn't be a discussion or debate over it, here is the definition of stereotype "a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing", the key word there being OVERSIMPLIFIED, which means true but simplified person or thing.

Now nobody wants to be lumped into a stereotype but unfortunately everyone comes from different backgrounds and those backgrounds have had these stereotypes for a long time, we just don't want to generalize everyone under each stereotype because that would be insensitive.

Unfortunately for me the stereotypes are true, all Polaks I have met were always cheap, all Italians I knew were in construction, all Asians I have known were poor drivers, many I knew had multiple accidents, most aboriginal Indians loved to drink. Now that is not saying every single person fits into those stereotypes but when most at least to me do then I guess it must be true.

Car insurance companies can not discriminate based on race of people therefore they have another way to group people together, age, gender and address. All 16-25 males pay 3 times the car insurance as opposed to other drivers, why because of their age, now you can argue and say I'm a 16 year old male, never had an accident, no speeding tickets and I drive 5 miles below the speed limit, but it doesn't matter to an insurance company, you are still going to pay triple because of your age, you are grouped together, same with address, you could be paying triple because you live in a high accident area, so it doesn't matter if you are the safest driver you will still pay the high rate. Isn't this a form of stereotyping??

Therefore I believe in all stereotypes, even though everyone will say it's not true, not all Indian people eat curry, not all Russians drink vodka, but most do therefore you are in that stereotype. Individuality has no room in a 8 billion people society. It's all OVERSIMPLIFICATION!

Are you foodiesoul?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.